PDA

View Full Version : Todd Marinovich arrested for meth possession

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2007, 05:36 PM
What a waste.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"FORMER NFL QUARTERBACK ARRESTED WITH METH

Todd Marinovich, the one-time first-round pick of the Raiders, reportedly has been arrested on charges that he had a gram of methamphetamine, a syringe, and a spoon in his guitar case.

Marinovich, who is 38 years old, was skateboarding near the Newport Pier in Orange County, California -- making him the oldest known person to ride a skateboard. When police approached him (since skateboarding is not permitted in that area), Marinovich ran away.

The authorities found him hiding in a carport six blocks away.

Marinovich has nine prior drug incidents in Orange County, and currently is on probation for a prior conviction. He will remain in custody until a September 6 hearing.

He spent two years with the L.A. Raiders -- 1991 and 1992 -- and he completed 104 of 205 passes for 1,345 yards, eight touchdowns, and nine interceptions. He actually started a playoff game (a 10-6 loss to the Chiefs) as a rookie. He threw four interceptions that day, and yet somehow his team only lost by four points.

By the way, the next quarterback selected after Marinovich in the 1991 draft was a guy named Brett Favre. You might have heard of him."

Coach
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, being a Raider can do that to you.

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Marinovich is the man. I would love to kick it on the beach, **** tanned bitches with tit jobs, smoke pot, get tweaked out to get motiviated and sell some shit, ride the waves bra and drink 40s with the cholos. What a life. Bradley Nowell would be proud.

big nasty kcnut
08-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Also not eating junk foods ether.

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Meth=the devil

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2007, 05:44 PM
More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug29/0,4670,FBNMarinovichArrest,00.html

Jailed Marinovich Pleads Not Guilty

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. Todd Marinovich, the former Los Angeles Raiders quarterback whose career ended in a mire of drug abuse, is facing a possible prison term after a weekend arrest in Orange County.

Marinovich, 38, remained jailed Wednesday on no-bail warrants for probation violation pending a Sept. 6 pretrial hearing. Police said he was skateboarding in a prohibited area near the Newport Pier boardwalk shortly before 1:30 a.m. Sunday and ran away when officers tried to stop him. He was found hiding in a carport about six blocks away.

Marinovich had a guitar case, and inside officers found about a gram of powdered methamphetamine, a metal spoon and a hypodermic needle, Sgt. Evan Sailor said.

Marinovich was arrested and pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor counts of unauthorized possession of a hypodermic and resisting a police officer.

A standout quarterback at Southern California in 1991, Marinovich was a first-round draft choice of the then-Raiders, where he played two seasons before being released because of an acknowledged drug problem. In eight games, he had eight touchdowns and nine interceptions.

He later played in Canada and for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League, leaving that team in 2001 after being arrested on suspicion of heroin possession.

In Orange County, Marinovich has had at least nine previous court cases, most of them involving drug-related crimes, and has spent several months in jail after pleading guilty or no contest to various crimes.

Coach
08-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Marinovich, 38, remained jailed Wednesday on no-bail warrants for probation violation pending a Sept. 6 pretrial hearing. Police said he was skateboarding in a prohibited area near the Newport Pier boardwalk shortly before 1:30 a.m. Sunday and ran away when officers tried to stop him. He was found hiding in a carport about six blocks away.

Marinovich had a guitar case, and inside officers found about a gram of powdered methamphetamine, a metal spoon and a hypodermic needle, Sgt. Evan Sailor said.

Marinovich was arrested and pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor counts of unauthorized possession of a hypodermic and resisting a police officer.

That's one thing that annoys the hell out of me. How the hell do you plead not guilty on a crime which you actually COMMITTED the crime?

EyePod
08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
You know what's sad?? The most amazing part of that story is that the Chiefs WON a post season game! I wasn't a fan during that time period, or any period where they have won. Here's to being young....

KCChiefsMan
08-29-2007, 05:48 PM
was it strawberry flavored?

Demonpenz
08-29-2007, 05:49 PM
was he selling the shit? If not I say let him ruin his body and skate all day.

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 05:50 PM
That's one thing that annoys the hell out of me. How the hell do you plead not guilty on a crime which you actually COMMITTED the crime?

Marinovich will claim the pigs planted the evidence. He's just a peaceful pot smokin, guitar playin hippie.

FAX
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
... He actually started a playoff game (a 10-6 loss to the Chiefs) as a rookie. He threw four interceptions that day, and yet somehow his team only lost by four points. ...

This is the part of the story that bothers me the most. We picked him off 4 times and only scored 10?

Who was our quarterback that day?

FAX

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 05:53 PM
This is the part of the story that bothers me the most. We picked him off 4 times and only scored 10?

FAX

Steve DeBerg?

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2007, 05:53 PM

He has a right to trial. Maybe he's hoping his lawyer can prove some kind of wrongdoing by the police that'll get him off.

Marinovich has a choice to make, though. Be found guilty or be found dead.

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM

FAX

That is kind of incomprehensible. I can't say that I remember the game.

EyePod
08-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Here's the summary of the game from Wikipedia:

Quarterback Steve DeBerg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_DeBerg)'s 11-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Fred Jones in the second quarter became the difference as the Chiefs only allowed two Raiders field goals and running back Barry Word (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Word) rushed for 133 yards.. Los Angeles quarterback Todd Marinovich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich) threw 4 interceptions, including the first one to Kansas City defensive back Deron Cherry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deron_Cherry) that set up DeBerg's touchdown. After Raiders kicker Jeff Jaeger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jaeger) cut the lead 7-6 with his two field goals, Chiefs kicker Nick Lowery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Lowery) made one from 18 yards out in the fourth period. Los Angeles advanced to the Kansas City 24-yard line in the closing minutes before linebacker Lonnie Marts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Marts)' sealed the victory for the Chiefs with an interception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs%2C_1991-92#AFC:_Kansas_City_Chiefs_10.2C_Los_Angeles_Raiders_6

EyePod
08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Is it me or does that Oakland team sound EXACTLY like our current team.. unsure quarterback, prone to turnovers... we lose the game right on our last posession when we turn it over... sick.

DJay23
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
I believe there was some very crappy weather that day. Really cold and windy, and very rainy IIRC.

Spott
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
That was an ugly game. I started camping out in line for the tickets to that game immediately after we played the Raiders out in LA to clinch the home playoff game and I was 5th in line. I remember Deron Cherry having 2 of those 4 pics that day and Barry Word having a decent day.

Poor old Marinovich. Cops are always picking on those skater kids.

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
If only his dad had given him a Happy Meal or a Twinkie.

runnercyclist
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
I saw Marijuanavich smoking pot in a 7-11 parking lot at Pacific Beach in 1994. He bogarted the joint.

Cochise
08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Marinovich is the man. I would love to kick it on the beach, **** tanned bitches with tit jobs, smoke pot, get tweaked out to get motiviated and sell some shit, ride the waves bra and drink 40s with the cholos. What a life. Bradley Nowell would be proud.

You think he's pulling a lot of tail these days as a 38 year old skateboarding meth addict?

I bet those bikini clad inline-skaters just swoon for those guys.

kpic
08-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Nobody find it more disturbing that cops in Orange County have nothing better to do than chase illegal skaters for six blocks?

Shouldn't it go more like:

COP: Hey you!! No skateboarding here!! Move on!!

Richard Noggins
08-30-2007, 04:01 AM
Can you imagine if they had drafted Favre instead?

Saggysack
08-30-2007, 04:33 AM

Because you can plead guilty at any time. Standard practice to plea not guilty and then plea down the charges.

Cochise
08-30-2007, 06:37 AM

Nah. They're the Raiders. If they'd picked Favre, he'd be munching on oxycontin in prison someplace.

Chief Chief
08-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Because you can plead guilty at any time. Standard practice to plea not guilty and then plea down the charges.

...thus sayeth the voice of experience...

Kerberos
08-30-2007, 08:21 AM

Being a Raider would have ruined him. Don't know EXACTLY why but it seams being in LA (pre 94) or Chokeland brings out the WORST in people.

:shake:

Sad really

Saggysack
08-30-2007, 08:30 AM
...thus sayeth the voice of experience...

Nope. I have a clean record. Never even been arrested. Gonna stay that way too.

My job that supplies my primary source of income doesn't allow those with criminal records to be employed.

Redrum_69
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome back to mediocrity!!!

There is no more Super Bowl calibur offense.

No more high scoring games....

Get ready for a 3 or 4 win season