PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta

Hoover
08-30-2007, 08:30 AM
The wife has a conference in Atlanta and she wants me to tag along. Is there anything to do down there besides dog fighting? It will be the first week of October so if the Braves make the playoffs I thought I'd hit a baseball game.

Bowser
08-30-2007, 08:55 AM
I hear the titty bars are top shelf.

Redrum_69
08-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Bring the portable meth lab

chagrin
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
perhaps you can join a michael vick support vigil

Hoover
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Sounds great.... I can't wait. Too bad Richard Jewell died I was looking forward to hanging out with him...

shrek6849
08-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Lots of blacks.......NTTAWWT

Skip Towne
08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Can you make it rain?

Redrum_69
08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Lots of blacks.......NTTAWWT

WOW...racist much??

Someone ban this fuqtard

chagrin
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
WOW...racist much??

Someone ban this fuqtard

Not that I like shrek, I don't - but how is pointing a fact like that out, being "racist"?

Iron Chef
08-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Well you can go to the Georgia Aquarium and the World o Coca-Cola. The Zoo isnít to terribly bad. Stone Mountain is fun, if you have all day I would suggest staying for the laser show. If you donít mind dodging the occasional bullet Buckhead is a nice area to get drunk. Downtown has an ESPN Zone and a Hard Rock Cafť.

There is plenty to do if you have the cash and time.

FAX
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
If you are not diabetic, go to the Coca-Cola museum, Mr. Hoover. You get to see how they invented Santa Claus, you can drink from the futuristic Laser Coke Spitter, and you can sample Cokes Of All Nations.

If you're feeling ornery, take a Pepsi with you and leave it on one of their displays. Good times.

FAX

Cochise
08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Not that I like shrek, I don't - but how is pointing a fact like that out, being "racist"?

It's not.

As for Atlanta... I must make my obligatory post about their airport being one of the lower pits of hell.

chagrin
08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
It's not.

As for Atlanta... I must make my obligatory post about their airport being one of the lower pits of hell.

I think I have only been to that airport once, and it 3as only long enough to walk from one gate to the next.

What was your experience? I mean, is it dirty? Old?

Cochise
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I think I have only been to that airport once, and it 3as only long enough to walk from one gate to the next.

What was your experience? I mean, is it dirty? Old?

notorious for delays.

kaplin42
08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
As far as what to do, I have no idea. But I know that you don't want to sag your pants, or show your bra straps.

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070823/ap_on_fe_st/atlanta_sagging_pants)

ATLANTA - Baggy pants that show boxer shorts or thongs would be illegal under a proposed amendment to Atlanta's indecency laws. The amendment, sponsored by city councilman C.T. Martin, states that sagging pants are an "epidemic" that is becoming a "major concern" around the country.

"Little children see it and want to adopt it, thinking it's the in thing," Martin said Wednesday. "I don't want young people thinking that half-dressing is the way to go. I want them to think about their future."

The proposed ordinance would also bar women from showing the strap of a thong beneath their pants. They would also be prohibited from wearing jogging bras in public or show a bra strap, said Debbie Seagraves, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia.

The proposed ordinance states that "the indecent exposure of his or her undergarments" would be unlawful in a public place. It would go in the same portion of the city code that outlaws sex in public and the exposure or fondling of genitals.

The penalty would be a fine in an amount to be determined, Martin said.

But Seagraves said any legislation that creates a dress code would not survive a court challenge. She said the law could not be enforced in a nondiscriminatory way because it targets something that came out of the black youth culture.

"This is a racial profiling bill that promotes and establishes a framework for an additional type of racial profiling," Seagraves said.

Martin, who is black, said he plans to hold public hearings and vet the proposal through churches, civil rights groups and neighborhood organizations. The proposal will get its first public airing next Tuesday in the City Council's Public Safety Committee.

"The purpose of the paper is to generate some conversation to see if we can find a solution," Martin said. "It will be like all the discussions we've had around the value of the hip-hop culture. We know there are First Amendment issues ... and some will say I'm just trying to put young black men in jail, but it's going to be fines."

Makeda Johnson, an Atlanta mother of a 14-year-old girl, said she is glad Martin introduced the proposal. She does not want to see a law against clothing, but said she thinks teenagers are sending a message with a way of dressing that is based in jailhouse behavior.

Atlanta would not be the first city to take on sagging pants.

Earlier this year, the town council in Delcambre, La., passed an ordinance that carries a fine of up to $500 or six months in jail for exposing underwear in public. Several other municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.

HonestChieffan
08-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Airport food is bad. Traffic is bad. In fact.....Atlanta is bad. I am not going there in February.

shrek6849
08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
WOW...racist much??

Someone ban this fuqtard

Your mother and such.

SBK
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Atlanta is the bomb. What type of thing do you like to do?

The GA Aquarium is top notch, way better than that craphole in Chicago. There's a ton of fantastic places to eat, lots of shopping (for your wife, including IKEA), and neverending lists of things to do. If you have a car you can even make an hour long drive up into the mountains if that's your thing.

There's a few folks on here who live in ATL, myself, simplyred I believe and DTEBBE. Maybe more. Hit us up on PM we can help you out a bit.

Oh, and if you enjoy seeing huge houses and things, a quick drive around Buckhead you will see many $20,000,000 houses--which is pretty cool.

Chief Chief
08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
If I wuz you...

I'd be hittin' somethin' besides a baseball game.

Simply Red
08-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Atlantic Station

Virginia Highlands

Cabbage Town

anywhere near the new portion of perimeter mall.

Redrum_69
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Your mother and such.

Your mom is like atlanta....

Simply Red
08-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Airport food is bad. Traffic is bad. In fact.....Atlanta is bad. I am not going there in February.
Weird. I've lived here for 15 yrs. and have been to a lot of places in this country and wouldn't live anywhere else. Most people love it here.

Chief Faithful
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Stone Mountain is the most memorable and unique site. The Aquarium and Coke museum is cool. Braves game is fun, but $8 hot dogs get a bit expensive so eat before arriving. If you are interested in Civil War history include the Cyclorama. It only takes an hour and costs $5.

FAX
08-30-2007, 01:12 PM
The Vick Museum has updated their Canine Extermination Techniques Through The Ages exhibit, Mr. Hoover.

They're also showing an updated IMAX presentation of Old Yeller with a new ending where Travis smothers Old Yeller with a pillow.

FAX

kepp
08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
The Vick Museum has updated their Canine Extermination Techniques Through The Ages exhibit, Mr. Hoover.
Oh, do they have the guillotine?!

chagrin
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Weird. I've lived here for 15 yrs. and have been to a lot of places in this country and wouldn't live anywhere else. Most people love it here.

your pm's were full

cp530
08-30-2007, 02:27 PM
haha biddiesss

Phobia
08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
WOW...racist much??

Someone ban this fuqtard

How is what he said racist? Seriously. There's a lot of Chinese in China.

Phobia
08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
You should check out Pappadeux. It's a decent, reasonably priced cajun fare establishment. It's no 5 star joint but for chain food, it rates very highly in my book.

Frazod
08-30-2007, 02:35 PM
It's hotter than roasted ass, but by October it should be nice. Not a bad place as cities go. The CNN Center is interesting, as is the Underground. And I seriously doubt the Braves will still be playing anything but golf after the regular season ends, but Turner Field is certainly a beautiful ballpark. And yes, concession prices at TF are really high.

kc rush
08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Check with Smed, he set me up with some good restaurant suggestions for the last time I was there.

Iím probably going to be there the last week of September for some training. Hopefully Iíll have some free time for some fun.

As it is, Iíll try to set my flight up to where I can get back from the home opener, grab my suitcase and go.

SBK
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I forgot about GT football, and you can't go to ATL without a trip to The Varsity.