PDA

View Full Version : Building project...

Fire Me Boy!
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Small project... I can't weld and I'm not that handy.

What would it take to get someone in the KC area to make this for me?

Materials, plus what?

http://www.jorenclark.com/studentfilms/dolly/dolly.html

There would be a few minor modifications.

Fire Me Boy!
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Phil? I could get you a case of Unfiltered Wheat.

morphius
08-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Get the V shaped piece of metal, have where you buy it cut it to length. Then drill directly through it into the board, bolt it, and you shouldn't need any welds. I'm sure you could find something to replace the handle on the thing.

Fire Me Boy!
08-30-2007, 01:11 PM
... and I'm not that handy...

morphius
08-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I saw that. You should just need a drill for the most part.

Though I really didn't see where you were going to put the rocket thrusters on it with that design.

pikesome
08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I can't help but that page/design sure is cool as hell. Good luck on your project.

Radar Chief
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Get the V shaped piece of metal

"Angle Iron".

And all I can say about those welds is, Damn! I suck at welding and come up with better looking welds than that.

Fire Me Boy!
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I saw that. You should just need a drill for the most part.

Though I really didn't see where you were going to put the rocket thrusters on it with that design.
The flux capacitor mounts on the bottom. Parts not included.

Fire Me Boy!
08-30-2007, 01:19 PM
"Angle Iron".

And all I can say about those welds is, Damn! I suck at welding and come up with better looking welds than that.
You're hired. What do you charge?

Radar Chief
08-30-2007, 01:19 PM

Just ratchet strap them to the board and call it good. ;)

Radar Chief
08-30-2007, 01:23 PM
You're hired. What do you charge?

Sorry, Iím not a welder. If you really want someone that can weld, BDB (Beer Drinking Buddy) is, or was, a professional welder and is damn good at it. I can get you in contact with him but the welding set up is in his garage so it would all have to happen down here. Unless you have 220VAC high current hook up in your garage, that is.

Phobia
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't weld well but I see half a dozen different methods of achieving success in this project without welding.

Unfortunately I can see this taking a whole lot more than a couple of hours. I'll work a couple hours for a buddy for a case of beer but if I'm dedicating an entire day, you gotta bring more than that to the table.

go bowe
08-30-2007, 03:10 PM
that's what i forgot...

good beer in large quantities...

status report: i have no leaking faucets or drains, everything has dried out downstairs...

i give phil a 9.5 on a scale of 10...

his skills remind me of my dad, who built several houses from the ground up...

thanks again phil...

i recommend you to anyone who wants high quality professional grade work done...

my wife says to thank you again...

she's thrilled to have no more leaks...

one of these days i'll get the wife to fix some samoan style chop suey for you...

she'll make enough to feed a number of people (or through the miracle of refrigeration, you can keep the excess in your fridge and eat more later)...

and enough for us, all at the same time...

(we have really big pots and pans)

and my wife's chicken curry is to die for...

but my favorite is sweet and sour meatballs (but she only makes them for my birthday and fathers' day because it's rather time consuming to make)...

Fire Me Boy!
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
So... an addition... anyone know how to construct something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/GS1-Camera-Track-Dolly-Wheels-Arri-Bolex-dvx100b-hvx200_W0QQitemZ150161377781QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150161377781

It's a wheel mechanism on angle bar with a bearing mounted to a bracket... take a look at the pic in the auction.

Kclee
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
i give phil a 9.5 on a scale of 10...

What did he lose half a point for?

mikeyis4dcats.
09-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I could do it for you, but as Phobia said, thats more than a couple of hours of work. And I'm in Topeka.

Fire Me Boy!
09-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I could do it for you, but as Phobia said, thats more than a couple of hours of work. And I'm in Topeka.
So... what would it take?