PDA

View Full Version : Tag Banned in grade school

HonestChieffan
08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school. Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Repost. Honestly.

John_Wayne
08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
How are they chased against their will? If they don't want to be chased, shouldn't they just stand there?

Cochise
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Can't have those kids working off their moobs or anything like that.

kepp
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
http://commercial-archive.com/d138bfd7bb6f0663dcc71c6b82557c00/2006/septjpgs/directvsuperfan315.jpg

"Well, let's all go run around in circles not chasing each other and pretend its normal."

HonestChieffan
08-30-2007, 12:22 PM
sorry if its a repost...just to silly to believe

alpha_omega
08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Watch out....Red Rover, Red Rover is next!

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
There goes Duck duck goose.

kepp
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I can't believe musical chairs is still going.

The Rick
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
I guess they'll just have to resort to "smear the queer".

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Pussificaition of America continues.

Jenson71
08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Watch out....Red Rover, Red Rover is next!

That game's just racist.

Pitt Gorilla
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Tag Banned in A grade school. The thread title sounded more general.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 12:41 PM
When did Colorado become the new California?

The Bad Guy
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm a 5th grade teacher and they have banned it at our school as well.

The reason? Kids getting hurt while being chased.

Cochise
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Tag Banned in A grade school. The thread title sounded more general.

Actually, I went to a grade school in this area where for a period of time there was a recess rule about "No chase games". I don't remember why, but I do remember it happening. This would have been... eh.. 1985-1990?

Brock
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM

I suppose "smear the queer" is out of the question.

talastan
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Probably had parents complaining that their kids weren't fast enough and they would sue the school for damage to their child's psyche.

Mediocrity rules not just in Arrowhead, it's a way of life!!!

chagrin
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
When did Colorado become the new California?

Since the fuggin Californians realized it was there - about 1995 the invasion began; I got out while the getting was good.

chagrin
08-30-2007, 12:51 PM

And what game do 5th graders play where they DON'T get hurt?

The whole thing is ridiculous

Inspector
08-30-2007, 12:51 PM

But...this is a well established method for kids to hurt each other.

Now they'll have to find other ways.

Maybe they could look into giving them loaded paint ball guns. That might do it.

unothadeal
08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
How are they chased against their will? If they don't want to be chased, shouldn't they just stand there?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

HonestChieffan
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM

no way...falling down? scrapes? knees? My God its the right thing to do STOP THE TAG!!!!

StcChief
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I figured the "chinese" nasty tag was the reason.

BIG_DADDY
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Privatize.

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM

The reason? Kids getting hurt while being chased. They may as well take out soccer, Teather Ball, The Swings. Tag football. Just let them sit there and play nothing all day.lol

StcChief
08-30-2007, 01:04 PM
They may as well take out soccer, Teather Ball, The Swings. Tag football. Just let them sit there and play nothing all day.lol

Let them play computer games avoid recess. The don't need exercise :rolleyes:

pikesome
08-30-2007, 01:42 PM

They need that time to prep for the tests that will save their teachers careers.

Hailchief
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Run Forest RUN

Pestilence
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
They may as well take out soccer, Teather Ball, The Swings. Tag football. Just let them sit there and play nothing all day.lol

Teather ball is gone man. I remember when they banned that in South Dakota.

ChiefsOne
08-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Fuggin ridiculous! They should have everybody wear pink dresses too!

bobbything
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
NEWS FLASH!!! Scientific studies show that kids are more prone to injury when running around playing games.

KC Kings
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't care about schools banning games, but I am tired of integrating all of the sickly diseas ridden kids into normal class rooms, then forcing everybody to change their habits to be over protective. My son is in the 2nd grade, and you should see the list of approve snacks that he can bring to class. What is out: Granola, granola bars, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds. What is acceptable; Fruit by the foot, fruit chews, pringles, skittles and several other types of candy and junk food. Why the jacked up list? Because some sickly kid has a peanut alergy. If you are so alergic to peanuts that you can have a reaction just by sitting in the same room as another kid eating a granola bar, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to go to public schools.

morphius
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually don't remember ever really playing tag at school. We did chase the girls a lot, but not tag. Now in the neighborhood we played tag all the time. Of course I think my last year of elementary school our only choice for recess was kickball, which was fine for me.

morphius
08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
I played that with some 4th graders last year when I was up at the school.

KC Kings
08-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Not in Missoiuri it isn't. My kindergartener daughter came home from school last week telling us about a really fun game with a ball on a rope. It did hit her in the head and she quit playing for the day, but she is a little uncoordinated, and she was playing it again the next day.

kepp
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't care about schools banning games ... If you are so alergic to peanuts that you can have a reaction just by sitting in the same room as another kid eating a granola bar, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to go to public schools.
So you'd rather err on the side of caution to prevent skinned knees but don't care too much of an 8 year old dies of asphyxiation because their throat closed up?

BagoobaChief
08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
One of my son's grade school friends went to a Pizza place (Johnny Sortino's) with us for his b-day. When we left the restaurant the hostess gave the kids snack size Snicker's to munch on. This kids parents were so paranoid of his allergies that the sent a medical kit with him in his backpack. Their paranoya wore off on him because he rode home with his head out the window until everyone had finished their Snickers bar!! How does a litttle kid survive with PBJ sandwiches?!?!

I don't care about schools banning games, but I am tired of integrating all of the sickly diseas ridden kids into normal class rooms, then forcing everybody to change their habits to be over protective. My son is in the 2nd grade, and you should see the list of approve snacks that he can bring to class. What is out: Granola, granola bars, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds. What is acceptable; Fruit by the foot, fruit chews, pringles, skittles and several other types of candy and junk food. Why the jacked up list? Because some sickly kid has a peanut alergy. If you are so alergic to peanuts that you can have a reaction just by sitting in the same room as another kid eating a granola bar, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to go to public schools.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
It's putting the cart before the horse.

The problem wasn't the game of tag. It was the associated perceived harassment. The kids doing the harassing aren't going to stop their actions, it will just be chanelled to whatever game they are allowed to play; dodgeball, red rover, etc. Teachers should have told the harassing kids "hey stop chasing and teasing the wuss or you're going to be stuck making felt dolls from now through the 8th grade during recess and gym."

thurman merman
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
i thought tag was banned a long time ago. maybe it is just certain schools. also red rover and dodgeball have been banned from many schools.

mikey23545
08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
So you'd rather err on the side of caution to prevent skinned knees but don't care too much of an 8 year old dies of asphyxiation because their throat closed up?

If someone's diseased little peckerwood can't even be in the same room as another kid eating a candy bar or bag of peanuts, you better rent bubble boy equipment and keep him at home where he can grow into adulthood and become a burden on society....

Pestilence
08-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I played that with some 4th graders last year when I was up at the school.
In South Dakota?

When I was in grade school some kid was messing around and wrapped the teather ball cord around his neck. He was walking around acting like he was choking......then he fell and literally choked himself close to death. They ended up saving him but he had brain damage. His parents sued the school for a shitload of money. Like 3 months later all the teather balls were gone.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2007, 03:12 PM
... also red rover [has] been banned from many schools.

I didn't realize the color blind had such influence among PTA organizations.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
If someone's diseased little peckerwood can't even be in the same room as another kid eating a candy bar or bag of peanuts, you better rent bubble boy equipment and keep him at home where he can grow into adulthood and become a burden on society....

Damn it, when will the GoChiefs jokes end?!?!?!?!

mikey23545
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Damn it, when will the GoChiefs jokes end?!?!?!?!

ROFL

Bob Dole
08-30-2007, 04:25 PM

What about the repetitive strain injuries?