PDA

View Full Version : So, who's the WR's making the team?

Ceej
08-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Kennison, Parker, Bowe, Hannon, longshot Sippio.

I don't recall how many WR's Herm said he wanted to keep. Four? Five?

dshyne101
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Kennison, Bowe, Sippio, Webb,and a late toss up between parker and hannon.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Kennison
Bowe
Hannon
Webb
Drummond

Sippio to PS.

Rain Man
08-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Has Webb played at all? Is he going to make the team due to the Americans with Disabilities Act?

lancer348
08-30-2007, 10:13 PM
If Sippio continues to improve, I could see the Chiefs calling him up from the PS in-season

Logical
08-30-2007, 10:14 PM
From what I have seen we have only 1 WR on the team and 4 or 5 guys that run bad routes and cannot catch the ball.

Well Sippio can catch the ball like a mofo but evidently he is going on the practice squad to be picked up by another team.

Sure-Oz
How does the PS work, is he ours the whole time or can he be claimed? I like the potential he has, he can catch the damn ball.

Count Alex's Losses
Has Webb played at all? Is he going to make the team due to the Americans with Disabilities Act?

Webb had three catches tonight. He's a good receiver and just needs time. He's young and barely saw the field last year.

Ceej
The thing that impressed me most was the fact Sippio made some catches in traffic. Albeit, they were slants, but our group has had a hard time snagging those passes.

Sippio's very intriguing. I hope like hell he makes the squad.

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I hope Sippio makes it.

Did Parker even play tonight?

John_Wayne
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Kennison
Bowe
Webb
Hannon
Drummond

Ceej
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Parker made one catch.. I believe the only ball passed to him.

Rollout by QB, he ran a hitch route near the sidelines. AND held onto it.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Kennison
Bowe
Sippio
Hannon
Drummond

Parker to PS until he can learn to catch a fuggin ball

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Parker made one catch.. I believe the only ball passed to him.

Rollout by QB, he ran a hitch route near the sidelines. AND held onto it.

Thanks.

Anyway I hope they cut his ass and put Sippio on the 53 man roster.

Pitt Gorilla
08-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Kennison
Bowe
Sippio
Hannon
Drummond

Parker to PS until he can learn to catch a fuggin ballI can't imagine that Parker is eligible.

Frankie
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
DO NOT LET SIPPIO GO TO PS. HE'LL BE SNATCHED UP PRONTO!!

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
where the fug is Bowe?

lancer348
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
How does the PS work, is he ours the whole time or can he be claimed? I like the potential he has, he can catch the damn ball.

Players on the PS are free agents, who can sign with any team without compensation going to the team they are currently on.

So Sippio to be on the PS would have to get through waivers..., and after being on the PS, he could be signed to any team's roster at any time.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I can't imagine that Parker is eligible.

Ahhhh.... you are right.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
DO NOT LET SIPPIO GO TO PS. HE'LL BE SNATCHED UP PRONTO!!

How did we ever sign the guy from the AFL!!! WE'RE SO LUCKY!!!

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:25 PM

What is an available option better than Sippio wise ass?

How about Fred-Ex! I understand he still owns Philly... that should be worth something!

lancer348
08-30-2007, 10:27 PM

AFL or not, remember the All-Pro caliber receivers we currently have,

Parker, Webb, Hannon....

Parker belongs in the AFL...

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Parker belongs in the XFL...

FYP

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 10:30 PM
At the end of the game Carl made a statement, which indicated to me Sippio isn't going to make it. I say that being one of Sippio's biggest fans.

Micjones
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Carl did say during his television interview that Sippio would be a "candidate for the Practice Squad". He won't clear waivers though so if he isn't retained he'll never see the PS.

Unfortunately I think we're all going to be upset come Sunday. Parker's going to make this football team.

I'd expect the Chiefs to carry 6.
Kennison, Parker, Bowe, Webb, Hannon and Drummond.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
What is an available option better than Sippio wise ass?

How about Fred-Ex! I understand he still owns Philly... that should be worth something!

I'm just saying the rest of the NFL isn't out there pining for Sippio. He's being completely overrated by everyone here because of Hard Knocks.

Valiant
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Carl would rather have the draft pick player he spent time on in Parker who is worthless to the team on it then to move on with a player that is faster, taller and has ten times more upside...

Parkers 4th year this year and still has learned nothing..

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm just saying the rest of the NFL isn't out there pining for Sippio. He's being completely overrated by everyone here because of Hard Knocks.

He is about a 100 times better than Parker and he catches everything thrown his way.

There is no way in hell Parker should make this team

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Carl did say during his television interview that Sippio would be a "candidate for the Practice Squad".

Unfortunately I think we're all going to be upset come Sunday. Parker's going to make this football team.

I'd expect the Chiefs to carry 6.
Kennison, Parker, Bowe, Webb, Hannon and Drummond.
they aren't carrying 6

4 receivers + 1 Wr/special teamer

Kennison
Parker
webb/hannon/sippio
+
Drummond

heck ... they might not even carry that many if Drummond takes all the return duties and can be a gunnar. Herm isn't big on passing

Valiant
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM

I'm just saying the rest of the media world isn't out there pining for Gochiefs. He's being completely overrated by everyone here because he makes videos/pictures.

If you cannot see that Sippio has more upside then Parker you are an idiot...

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
He is about a 100 times better than Parker and he catches everything thrown his way.

How do you know that? Because of one preseason game?

How do we even know the guy can learn an NFL playbook at this point? Maybe he has problems getting off the line? Can he even run the right route on every play? At least Parker has that down. How is his blocking? Why wasn't he in the NFL already if he's so goddamn great?

Sippio hasn't done shit. People around here need to stop acting like he's going to be an awesome diamond in the rough. I'll be shocked if he catches a pass this year, unless someone gets hurt.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:49 PM
If you cannot see that Sippio has more upside then Parker you are an idiot...

**** Parker. I want him gone yesterday.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm going only off of what I saw today. Dude made some tough catches, caught everything thrown at him, and fought for YAC.

Yeah... Hard Knocks pimped him at the end of ep 2, I have not seen ep 3 yet so I don't know if the pimping continued.

He makes catches... Parker does not. I would 10 times rather have someone who will make 4 yard catches every time vs a guy with speed but catches one out of 4 balls thrown at him.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Sippio is arena league trash until proven otherwise. Get off his jock.

BigRock
08-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Carl did say during his television interview that Sippio would be a "candidate for the Practice Squad".
The "candidate for practice squad" remark was about Jeff Terrell. Carl didn't say anything one way or the other about Sippio, but remarked that he wishes the team had gotten him earlier.

carlos3652
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
WR Making the team:

EK
Bowe
Parker
Sippio
Drummond (ST)

PS
Webb
Hannon

KcMizzou
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Sippio is arena league trash until proven otherwise. Get off his jock.At least he catches the ****ing ball when it hits his hands.

That said, I have no idea if he can get open against starting NFL corners. Nobody does.

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM

How do we even know the guy can learn an NFL playbook at this point? Maybe he has problems getting off the line? Can he even run the right route on every play? At least Parker has that down. How is his blocking? Why wasn't he in the NFL already if he's so goddamn great?

Sippio hasn't done shit. People around here need to stop acting like he's going to be an awesome diamond in the rough. I'll be shocked if he catches a pass this year, unless someone gets hurt.

You're right gochiefs I don't know. The guy has been a really good player in the Arena League but that doesn't mean he can translate it over to the NFL.

The thing I like about him is he catches the freaking football and add to the fact every where he has played he has been successful. Some people just need to be given a chance.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
WR Making the team:

EK
Bowe
Parker
Sippio
Drummond (ST)

PS
Webb
Hannon

i don't know that webb and hannon are still eligible

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM

And you are a beat writer for a trash website. Stop making yourself out to be the ****ing end all and be all of Chiefs football.

Christ... if your opinion really were worth anything, a reputable news organization would have you writing for their sports section.

As it is, you are a kid living in your mom's basement writing articles for WARPAINT, which gets so little circulation that you feel compeled to spew your bullshit on this forum.

Really.... if we wanted to know your opinion on matters, we would subscribe to your newsletter. The fact that the majority of us do not should speak volumes.

Now STFU

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
At least he catches the ****ing ball when it hits his hands.

That said, I have no idea if he can get open against starting NFL corners. Nobody does.
:clap:

TEX

Oh - you're the expert since you make cool videos and write for the rag of all rags... :rolleyes: I'm glad you feel this way - if you don't like him, this kid might just have a chance.

Mr. Laz
wowser .... capone just nuked a goat! :eek:

http://uruknet.info/uruknet-images/nuclear-explosion-1.gif

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Seriously. If Sippio isn't being pimped on Hard Knocks, NO ONE GIVES THE GUY ANOTHER THOUGHT.

BOBBY SIPPIO IS GARBAGE.

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
And you are a beat writer for a trash website. Stop making yourself out to be the ****ing end all and be all of Chiefs football.

Christ... if your opinion really were worth anything, a reputable news organization would have you writing for their sports section.

As it is, you are a kid living in your mom's basement writing articles for WARPAINT, which gets so little circulation that you feel compeled to spew your bullshit on this forum.

Really.... if we wanted to know your opinion on matters, we would subscribe to your newsletter. The fact that the majority of us do not should speak volumes.

Now STFU

Thread over

TEX
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Now STFU

AWESOME! :clap:

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Stop making yourself out to be the ****ing end all and be all of Chiefs football.

How the **** do you even come to that conclusion?

All I did was STATE AN OPINION.

Valiant
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM

The guy has been at camp what 3 weeks???

Warner hadn't done shit either until the Rams got him.. There are a lot of guys with NFL talent that never make it to the so called Big Show... From playing in small schools, grades, the systems they ran in college or coaches never playing them...

Who cares if Parker has the routes down when he cannot catch the damn ball... We have guys that are going to make the team that have less talent/hands because they were drafted unlike Sippio.. Talent wise Sippio is the third best WR on the team and should be run out of the slot if we keep him..

But more then likely Parkers worthless ass will be given one more year to prove himself..

Deberg_1990
08-30-2007, 10:59 PM

I know this QB back in 99 that nobody thought much of because he worked at Hy-Vee and played in the AFL.

Point is, alot of guys get overlooked for whatever reason. They just need the oppurtunity. I wish the Chiefs would quit acting like they are just "one or two players away" and give some of these newbies a chance. The Chiefs arnt going anywhere this season, and if you cant see that your blind.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Warner hadn't done shit either until the Rams got him..

Warner was the NFLE MVP. That's SOMETHING.

Bobby Sippio's only here because a receiver got hurt in training camp. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON. The Chiefs weren't watching AFL games and suddenly decided to sign him. HE'S CAMP FODDER.

Talent wise Sippio is the third best WR on the team and should be run out of the slot if we keep him

ROFL

The guy isn't even fast. Ray Farmer himself said so on Hard Knocks.

Valiant
08-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Seriously. If Sippio isn't being pimped on Hard Knocks, NO ONE GIVES THE GUY ANOTHER THOUGHT.

BOBBY SIPPIO IS GARBAGE.

I guarantee IF WE DO NOT PUT Sippio on the 53 man roster another team will sign him up...

Logical
08-30-2007, 11:03 PM

Well that and he holds on to balls thrown to him.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I guarantee IF WE DO NOT PUT Sippio on the 53 man roster another team will sign him up...

I guess it's possible Matt Millen was swayed by Hard Knocks...he's dumb enough.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 11:04 PM
ROFL

so now Hard Knocks is viable reference material??

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
ROFL

:rolleyes:

Bowe is a speed demon

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
so now Hard Knocks is viable reference material??

RAY FARMER. RAY ****ING FARMER.

Zeke Ziggle
08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Well if its a choice between a guy who knows how to run fast but can't catch and a guy who's raw but can seemingly catch its an easy choice. We need the fast guy

Woodrow Call
08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Kennison
Bowe
Parker
Webb
Drummond

PS
Hannon
Ek

Valiant
08-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Warner was the NFLE MVP. That's SOMETHING.

Bobby Sippio's only here because a receiver got hurt in training camp. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON. The Chiefs weren't watching AFL games and suddenly decided to sign him. HE'S CAMP FODDER.

ROFL

You do not have to be the fastest person on the team to run the slot you just have to be able to catch the ball quickly out of break... Kind of like tonight you fat bastard...

Who cares the situation on why he was originally signed, Yes he was camp fodder but the guy has shown better hands then most of the WR on the team... He may have been fodder before but has shown he has the ability to make the catch..

Again which players outside of Kennison, Bowe are better WR on the team that should make it above Sippio...

Come on Lardass go check your warpaint sources for a clue...

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 11:08 PM
RAY FARMER. RAY ****ING FARMER.
from Hard Knock, from ****ing Hard knocks

one second you're dismissing the information people are getting from Hard Knocks ..... the next post you're USING hard knock to try and validate your own position.

make up your freaking mind

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:10 PM
one second you're dismissing the information people are getting from Hard Knocks ..... the next post you're USING hard knock to try and validate your own position.

There's a difference here.

Hard Knocks showed Sippio zooming around busting ass in practice and everyone goes "oooohhhh...aaaaaaaaah."

Ray Farmer is an EXPERT. He was QUOTED as saying Sippio isn't fast. I doubt he was lying.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Again which players outside of Kennison, Bowe are better WR on the team that should make it above Sippio...

Hannon and Webb. Anyone that's been paying attention knows how much potential they both have. At least they're good enough to make an NFL roster without needing a 7th-string WR to get hurt.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm just saying the rest of the NFL isn't out there pining for Sippio. He's being completely overrated by everyone here because of Hard Knocks.Seriously. If Sippio isn't being pimped on Hard Knocks, NO ONE GIVES THE GUY ANOTHER THOUGHT.

BOBBY SIPPIO IS GARBAGE.

unothadeal
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Eddie Kennison
Dwayne Bowe
Jeff Webb
Chris Hannon
Bobby Sippio
Eddie Drummond
Charlie Joiner

Valiant
08-30-2007, 11:14 PM
from Hard Knock, from ****ing Hard knocks

make up your freaking mind

Outside of him soiling his mom's basement making torrents and pictures for the members of the website so they will like him; he is worthless on his football knowledge.. He is our Taco John when it comes to predictions and flipflopping..

Seriously you all seen the original Blade movie??? Yeah he is the big fat white vampire in five years...

Zeke Ziggle
08-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Eddie Kennison
Dwayne Bowe
Jeff Webb
Chris Hannon
Bobby Sippio
Eddie Drummond
Charlie Joiner

what are you mad. Joiner's not even fast.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 11:15 PM

Hard Knocks showed Sippio zooming around busting ass in practice and everyone goes "oooohhhh...aaaaaaaaah."

Ray Farmer is an EXPERT. He was QUOTED as saying Sippio isn't fast. I doubt he was lying.

the same "experts" also talk about great Sippio's hands are etc on Hard knocks.

either accept Hard knock info or dismiss it ..... but you can't pick and choose what part is viable and what part is "not worthy"

Bowser
08-30-2007, 11:15 PM

And what exactly has Hannon done to beat out Sippio?

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
And what exactly has Hannon done to beat out Sippio?

How about score a freaking touchdown?

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
the same "experts" also talk about great Sippio's hands are etc on Hard knocks.

either accept Hard knock info or dismiss it ..... but you can't pick and choose what part is viable and what part is "not worthy"

I'm not dismissing ANYTHING that's on Hard Knocks. It's OBVIOUS Sippio has GREAT hands.

But the fact remains: if it weren't for Hard Knocks, NO ONE ONE THIS BOARD WOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SIPPIO.

Valiant
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Hard work

Bowser
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
How about score a freaking touchdown?

Against Miami's trash. Yay.

Hannon reminds me of a taller Snoop Minnis, or a skinnier Larry Parker. I'm not saying Sippio is a Jerry Rice in waiting, but at least you hear how he turns heads with his ability to catch the ball, something this team has a deficiency with. I have heard dick about Hannon, other than how he has been lumped into discussions when reports came out of how receivers were dropping balls in camp. And no, Hard Knocks doesn't have anything to do with that statement.

The one reason I would want his on the roster is that I don't believe he will make it through waivers. It would be Ryan Lilja part deux.

Hopefully I'm wrong about Hannon, because truthfully, Sippio probably won't make it. I just think that will be a mistake.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm not dismissing ANYTHING that's on Hard Knocks. It's OBVIOUS Sippio has GREAT hands.

But the fact remains: if it weren't for Hard Knocks, NO ONE ONE THIS BOARD WOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SIPPIO.
well WTF does that mean

you give the fans extra information from any source and they are going to take it into consideration. Hell they even read that freakin' rag you work for and try to glean some usable information from it.

the only information they have on Sippio is the AFL and Hard Knocks .... so you trying to dismiss some of it just game playing and bullchit.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 11:26 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6057/goatsere1.jpg

This is my new sig. I don't think I have ever had one that spoke this level of truth.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I have heard dick about Hannon

Probably because Hard Knocks didn't choose to feature him.

Hannon is the fastest wide receiver on the team. Is he skinny? Yeah. Last year he was thicker after packing on a bunch of weight. He LOST WEIGHT to get faster this offseason.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
the only information they have on Sippio is the AFL and Hard Knocks .... so you trying to dismiss some of it just game playing and bullchit.

Sorry, I came to a logical conclusion about Sippio the day he was signed: he's only here because another garbage WR got hurt.

The fact that Hard Knocks chose to pimp the hell out of him isn't going to change my opinion.

dirk digler
08-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Sorry, I came to a logical conclusion about Sippio the day he was signed: he's only here because another garbage WR got hurt.

The fact that Hard Knocks chose to pimp the hell out of him isn't going to change my opinion.

Weren't you high on Gardner and thought he was going to make the team?

RustShack
08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Webb, Sippio, Drummond

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Weren't you high on Gardner and thought he was going to make the team?

I thought he DESERVED to make the team (he had a great camp), but was realistic in the fact that he probably wouldn't due to a numbers game.

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM

4.37 in the 40.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2007, 11:41 PM
4.37 in the 40.

I don't care what a stopwatch says. I care what the Chiefs' director of Pro Player Personnel says.

RustShack
08-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Parker is really fast and look at how good he is, you don't HAVE to have speed to be a good receiver, but Sippio has plenty of it.

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't care what a stopwatch says. I care what the Chiefs' director of Pro Player Personnel says.

No matter what your eyes see Farmer is right.

BTW, Hannon ran a 4.2 40, but he normally runs it in 4.37 which is the same as Sippio.

DenverChief
08-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Sippio will make the 53 man roster as will Kennison and Bowe after that who knows...

BigRedChief
08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
No matter what your eyes see Farmer is right.

BTW, Hannon ran a 4.2 40, but he normally runs it in 4.37 which is the same as Sippio.

Won't Hannon start the season on IR?

Count Alex's Losses

Oh god. Did Hannon get hurt?

DenverChief

Ya and Bowe isn't in football shape :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-30-2007, 11:56 PM

He also said "excellent hands, excellent work ethic".

That's a hell of a lot more important than a 4.28 40.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 12:00 AM

If he "starts" on the IR he stays on the IR for the rest of the year and can't play. Do you mean the PUP? I don't even know he got hurt. Or did you mean to say the PS?

DenverChief
08-31-2007, 12:10 AM
If he "starts" on the IR he stays on the IR for the rest of the year and can't play. Do you mean the PUP? I don't even know he got hurt. Or did you mean to say the PS?

I thought it was the other way around? If you go on PUP your done for the year

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2007, 12:11 AM

Nope. IR is done for the year. PUP means you can't be activated until week 6.

Bowser
08-31-2007, 12:11 AM

No. PUP requires six weeks of inactivity, and at that time they can decide if they want to activate you or not. IR is done for the year.

Bowser
08-31-2007, 12:12 AM
What Hamas said.

DenverChief
08-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Fack that...IR should be more like the DL

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Ekukuwarbu or however you say it played pretty well tonight, he would be a nice practice squad member.

GarySpFc
08-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Hannon and Webb. Anyone that's been paying attention knows how much potential they both have. At least they're good enough to make an NFL roster without needing a 7th-string WR to get hurt.

Sure Gonzo and Kennison didn't play much if at all that I remember seeing and none of the stats for the Chiefs stick out to be noticed but I find it's interesting that in his first preseason game for the Chiefs that Sippio led all Chiefs receivers with 28yds on 2 catches.
I'm pretty sure that Sippio didn't come into the game until the 4th Qtr, at least I don't remember seeing him until then.
Receiving REC YDS TD LG

B. Sippio 2 28 0 18

D. Ross 3 27 0 11

J. Webb 3 22 0 12

B. Ekwerekwu 3 21 0 9

S. Parker 1 15 0 15

C. Hannon 2 12 0 8

K. Willis 1 5 0 5

G. Harris 1 2 0 2

Mr. Arrowhead
08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
I think its Kennison, Bowe, Webb, Hannon, and Drummond. I wish Sippio would make it, but i just dont see room for him here.

GarySpFc
08-31-2007, 10:26 AM
I think its Kennison, Bowe, Webb, Hannon, and Drummond. I wish Sippio would make it, but i just dont see room for him here.

I will be extremely upset if they keep Stone Hands Parker and cut Sippio. Sippio catches everything. To quote AA:

And Then There Were Four

Ray Farmer told Rod Gardner (as Gardner was handed his pink slip) that we’re likely going to keep four wide receivers. You can count on that list including Eddie Kennison, Dwayne Bowe and Jeff Webb. I’m convinced that in Herm’s mind and that of Mike Solari (we finally got a Mike Solari interview on Hard Knocks!) Webb is going to make this team.
Who is number 4? It just can’t be Samie Parker. Buddy, I’ll give you a hug, but this is just not your home anymore. Drafted by the previous regime for his blazing speed, Samie has excelled at knowing the offense, running good routes and yes even burning some corners and safeties along the way. He’s done everything you would want a receiver to do, except catch the freaking ball. I think he might even get picked up right away by some team like Miami, San Diego or Detroit where he’ll know the offense.
What about Eddie Drummond? Will he count as one of the four, or will he be a fifth? Since he’s not flashed much at WR, and is on record as saying that’s okay with him, the Chiefs might think of him as a true specialist. If that is so…
Enter Bobby Sippio. Adam may be his agent, so I guess you might call me his PR guy. The dude catches everything.
Fourth string QB Jeff Terrell threw him two bad passes in last night’s game against the Rams that Sippio still hauled in…with that look you’ve seen before when you watch a receiver with good hands. Then, when Terrell threw one so far behind him that he would have needed “go-go-gadget arms” to get it, Sippio still contorted his body and attempted a play on the ball even though there was no chance. We need a guy with that kind of ability on this team where the “droppavirus” seems to be spreading among backs and receivers. The only thing we don’t know from this view is how well he’s picking up the offense.
The guy catches everything. He is going to make the coaches’ decision very difficult this weekend, and I hope they bring Bobby on board. He’s the right kind of player for this team.

GarySpFc
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Kennison, Parker, Bowe, Hannon, longshot Sippio.

I don't recall how many WR's Herm said he wanted to keep. Four? Five?
Ray Farmer made the statement on Hard Knocks they were going to keep four WR.

Micjones
08-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Sippio should make the squad, but I'm afraid he won't and we'll see him claimed off of waivers before he ever gets to our Practice Squad (another Lilja situation).

I'd hate to see him castoff and Parker still on this team, but I get the feeling that that's exactly how things will shake out.

GarySpFc
08-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Sippio is the only WR on the team with a pair of hands.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 10:55 AM
There's only 1 spot up for grabs.

EK, Bowe & Parker are 100% making the team.

Hannon, Sippio, Webb, Ekwekru (sp?) and whoever else are fighting for a single spot.

StcChief
08-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Sippio looked very good last nite. Hope he makes it, the PS transition day could cost us this Player..... :banghead:

Sure-Oz
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Sippio looked good nad carried a few defenders on one catch, too bad he got like 7 min of playing time. i hope he makes it

Bowser
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
There's only 1 spot up for grabs.

EK, Bowe & Parker are 100% making the team.

Hannon, Sippio, Webb, Ekwekru (sp?) and whoever else are fighting for a single spot.

No way Parker is 100%. No way, not after his preseason performance.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Jeff Webb has a way better chance than Parker does, hopefully Sippio does too.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Kennison

Bowe

Hannon

Webb

Drummond

Chiefnj2
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Did Bowe even play against the Rams last night?

Woodrow Call
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Did Bowe even play against the Rams last night?

Started

Chiefnj2
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Started
Thanks. Did they throw to him at all?

Woodrow Call
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks. Did they throw to him at all?

Not that I remember but I wasn't paying real close attention. They mostly ran the ball early with LJ and Bennett.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 12:49 PM

Yes he is, whether any of us like it or not.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Jeff Webb has a way better chance than Parker does, hopefully Sippio does too.

You're dreaming. Samie has a guaranteed roster spot this year. Next year he may be gone.

pr_capone
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM

These are the Chiefs we are talking about.

This is the same team that let Joe Horn, Ryan Lilja, Rich Gannon, and Donnie Edwards walk.

This is also the same team that signed and kept a plethora of talent such as Jordan Black, Elvis Grbac, Todd Blackledge, and Bam Morris.

lol

Come tommorows deadline.... Parker will be on this team along with a handful of other players that should not still be here including Bell.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM

This is the same team that let Joe Horn, Ryan Lilja, Rich Gannon, and Donnie Edwards walk.

This is also the same team that signed and kept a plethora of talent such as Jordan Black, Elvis Grbac, Todd Blackledge, and Bam Morris.

lol

Come tommorows deadline.... Parker will be on this team along with a handful of other players that should not still be here including Bell.

Exactly. People are letting what they want to happen interfere with reality.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
You're dreaming. Samie has a guaranteed roster spot this year. Next year he may be gone.

So is Webb

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
So is Webb

Webb doesn't have anything guaranteed. He's fighting for the last spot with Sippio, Hannon and whoever else. He may get it, he may not. Samie WILL get a spot.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Webb WILL also get one.

talastan
08-31-2007, 01:08 PM
IMHO I think Sippio is not only a better reciever than Stonehands, but is a much better fit for this offense. Big, Strong, and able to carry a DB or two for additional YPC. Even as a slot reciever I think that he'll excel this team.

Plus he is coming in from nowhere (AFL) to try out for the team. So he is exactly the type of guy Herm looks at. Look at our nickleback for example. Herm has a couple of undrafted rookie free agents competing to start!! I believe Sippio has a better chance to make the team than most believe. As to whether it will happen or not. Who knows :shrug:

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Webb WILL also get one.

Yeah, because his 3 receptions last year along with this 4 for 29yds this entire preseason were so damn impressive.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I would rather have Sippio than Webb, so hopefully he can make it too. Sippio is more of a long shot than Webb though.

rad
08-31-2007, 01:18 PM

lol

........and most recently Samkon Gado

rad
08-31-2007, 01:22 PM
I thought he DESERVED to make the team (he had a great camp), but was realistic in the fact that he probably wouldn't due to a numbers game.

A numbers game?

Gardners gone and Sippio's still here. What's that tell you?

Tells me they thought higher of Sippio than Gardner, and wanted to get a better look at Sippio.

Oh, and you don't know shit about evaluating talent.

crazycoffey
08-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Its Kennison, Bowe, Webb, Sippio, and Drummond as the special team specialist, kickoff and returns.

Mark it down.

Chiefnj2
08-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Why give one of 4 WR spots to Sippio when we all know Herm isn't going to play the kid because he just received his first NFL WR playbook 2 1/2 weeks ago?

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Its Kennison, Bowe, Webb, Sippio, and Drummond as the special team specialist, kickoff and returns.

Mark it down.

You really want to mark that down? It's going to be invalid on Saturday.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Why give one of 4 WR spots to Sippio when we all know Herm isn't going to play the kid because he just received his first NFL WR playbook 2 1/2 weeks ago?

Because he as more talent than almost any other receiver?

crazycoffey
08-31-2007, 01:31 PM
You really want to mark that down? It's going to be invalid on Saturday.

we may know later this afternoon.....

pr_capone
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Herm has a couple of undrafted rookie free agents competing to start!!

Not quite but thanks for playing.

CB1 - Law
CB2 - Surtain
Nickle - Prolly Sapp

Brock
08-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Sippie probably showed more desire than any of the other stiffs this preseason. I'd certainly give him a shot.

RustShack
08-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Not quite but thanks for playing.

CB1 - Law
CB2 - Surtain
Nickle - Prolly Sapp

Probably Brackenridge at Nickel.

unothadeal
08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
we may know later this afternoon.....
So is it today or tomorrow?

Sully
08-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I was under teh impression that Sapp was going to be a backup CB, and not the nickle guy. Has that changed?

Often the two positions are filled by the same guy, but IIRC the case is different this season.

crazycoffey
08-31-2007, 01:46 PM
So is it today or tomorrow?

Geez, you and I both know the cutoff date is tomorrow, BUT we COULD know sooner. What, that's not a possiblility?

Micjones
08-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Reggie Williams may become available before all is said and done and he'd be a great FA addition to the Receiving corps.

pr_capone
08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Probably Brackenridge at Nickel.

Think so?

Dunno.... I think that TD he ran in on the incomplete latteral pass showed alot of smarts.

I would be happy to see new blood... either way a nickle is not a starter. lol

Sure-Oz
08-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Reggie Williams may become available before all is said and done and he'd be a great FA addition to the Receiving corps.
I thought i read that he latched on to the backup WR job there, but it may have been Clayton in TB, can't remmeber.

Micjones
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
No, it's rumored that Williams is on the way out in Jacksonville. If he is, he should be immediately brought to 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Zouk
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I was under teh impression that Sapp was going to be a backup CB, and not the nickle guy. Has that changed?

Often the two positions are filled by the same guy, but IIRC the case is different this season.

They've been moving Surtain to nickel and inserting Sapp on the wideout. Brackenridge will likely get a chance for some snaps as well.

GarySpFc
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM

I doubt like he!! Ray Farmer took Sippio out and time him in the 40. More than likely he took the combine time of 4.69, and did not look any further. That does not sound like Farmer is an expert. Sippio was timed later in 4.45 and 4.37. Those are fast times.

Count Alex's Losses
08-31-2007, 09:44 PM
More Sippio love. Unbelievable.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
A numbers game?

Gardners gone and Sippio's still here. What's that tell you?

Tells me they thought higher of Sippio than Gardner, and wanted to get a better look at Sippio.

Oh, and you don't know shit about evaluating talent.

Gardner wasn't cut because of a lack of talent.

He was cut because he has a piss-poor attitude, and he proved it by acting like an ass when Farmer asked if he'd come back.

He needed to be knocked down a peg or two. Maybe he'll realize his mistakes and be able to fit in somewhere else.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 09:52 PM
More Sippio love. Unbelievable.

Yep. Thanks, HBO.

Chiefnj2
08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
He was cut because he has a piss-poor attitude, and he proved it by acting like an ass when Farmer asked if he'd come back.

I saw a clip of that and I don't think Gardener acted like an ass at all. I thought he acted like "I've performed very well in camp and others suck bawls, yet I'm being cut? F that I'm out of here. Why would I want to return to this team that is completely effed up on offense."

Woodrow Call
08-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Most overhyped preseason hero ever.

If it wasn't for Hard Knocks no one would even care. He would just be another scrub WR that plays in the 4th Qtr.

Brock
08-31-2007, 10:00 PM
I saw a clip of that and I don't think Gardener acted like an ass at all. I thought he acted like "I've performed very well in camp and others suck bawls, yet I'm being cut? F that I'm out of here. Why would I want to return to this team that is completely effed up on offense."

Yeah, I'm sure he's not moving on to his fifth team in 5 years because of his attitude or anything. Too bad, I'm sure he was the missing piece of the puzzle.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Rod performs well when Rod WANTS to perform well.

I think the coaching staff made that perfectly clear, and Gardner doesn't get it.

I don't recall any other team requesting his services before we signed him.

Could we have finally found out what the rest of the league already knows?

Chiefnj2
08-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he's not moving on to his fifth team in 5 years because of his attitude or anything. Too bad, I'm sure he was the missing piece of the puzzle.

bad attitude with the ability to catch the ball is a lot better than the guys that are on the team.

rad
08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
bad attitude with the ability to catch the ball is a lot better than the guys that are on the team.

Your and idiot

Mecca
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Bobby Sippio sucks lets hate him because he can you know catch the ball when it's thrown to him which is more than I can say for most of the other receivers on the team.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Bobby Sippio sucks lets hate him because he can you know catch the ball when it's thrown to him which is more than I can say for most of the other receivers on the team.

I don't think anyone is hating on him, personally I just don't think an arena league guy who just got a playbook 2 weeks ago is worth a roster spot.

But I'm not gonna go nuts if he does make it. I'll be fine with either decision.

I would think they'll put him on the practice squad. I can't see anyone stealing him since he'd have to be part of their 53 man roster.

Mecca
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't think anyone is hating on him, personally I just don't think an arena league guy who just got a playbook 2 weeks ago is worth a roster spot.

But I'm not gonna go nuts if he does make it. I'll be fine with either decision.

I would think they'll put him on the practice squad. I can't see anyone stealing him since he'd have to be part of their 53 man roster.

Sippio has shown me every bit as much as Webb or Hannon have in a fraction of the time and I remember people going bonkers about how good those guys were gonna be.

Fact is this receiving core sucks balls, Samie Parker is lucky this team drafted him of he'd he at home drinking cokes.

Also if they only carry 4 WR's I'll find that incredibly stupid unless they don't count Drummond because he's the return guy.

Count Alex's Losses
08-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Sippio has shown me every bit as much as Webb or Hannon have in a fraction of the time and I remember people going bonkers about how good those guys were gonna be.

ONE GAME???

Sippio is an HBO creation and nothing more.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM

Fact is this receiving core sucks balls, Samie Parker is lucky this team drafted him of he'd he at home drinking cokes.

Also if they only carry 4 WR's I'll find that incredibly stupid unless they don't count Drummond because he's the return guy.

If not for Hard Knocks, you'd think nothing more of him than you do of Webb/Hannon.

And I agree 100% with your final 2 comments.

Mecca
08-31-2007, 10:26 PM
What has Jeff Webb shown? Honestly I've yet to see 1 positive thing about the guy. He doesn't play fast, he doesn't catch well.....

To me Jeff Webb and Samie Parker are easy cuts, the Chiefs probably don't agree though.

Brock
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm actually not following the HBO crap, so my opinion about him has nothing to do with whatever you're talking about.

Mecca
08-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I also don't get HBO so all I've seen of the guy was what I caught in the game and I saw him you know catching every ball that was thrown to him.

I'd rather take a guy like him who looks like he will catch the ball when it gets to him than a guy like Parker.

Ceej
08-31-2007, 10:34 PM
He caught the ball IN traffic. He's a keeper.

Count Alex's Losses
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I also don't get HBO so all I've seen of the guy was what I caught in the game and I saw him you know catching every ball that was thrown to him.

I'd rather take a guy like him who looks like he will catch the ball when it gets to him than a guy like Parker.

Between Sippio and Parker, I'd take Sippio.

But not over Hannon or Webb.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Between Sippio and Parker, I'd take Sippio.

But not over Hannon or Webb.

LMAO

Ceej
08-31-2007, 10:36 PM
I guess that's irrelevant since it's looking like Hannon is gone.

Not that it has been official, yet.

go bowe
08-31-2007, 11:21 PM
they aren't carrying 6

4 receivers + 1 Wr/special teamer

Kennison
Parker
webb/hannon/sippio
+
Drummond

heck ... they might not even carry that many if Drummond takes all the return duties and can be a gunnar. Herm isn't big on passingwell now, have you forgotten my man already?

GarySpFc
09-01-2007, 07:00 AM
ONE GAME???

Sippio is an HBO creation and nothing more.

Remember, you also said, "Sippio is GARBAGE." It just may be that your words are going to come back to haunt you.

DenverChief
09-01-2007, 08:08 AM
well now, have you forgotten my man already?

he is getting cut...Bowe has nothing on Hannon/Webb

Sure-Oz
09-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I really hope sippio makes the team, i havent seen a bit of hard knocks and just some stuff he has done in arena. He works hard and catches the damn ball, we need more guys that play hard and have atleast shown something even if its in another league. My regret is that he didn't get to play much but definetly caught the balls and on 1 of them showed some power running the ball after a catch. Gretz thinks Parker may get cut, so i hope Sippio gets in and proves some people wrong.

Sure-Oz
09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
btw when is the deadline for cuts?

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Today.

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
3pm

Line Judge
09-01-2007, 10:21 AM
or has it been moved to 6pm?

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
The deadline is 6:00pm Eastern.

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 10:33 AM
so 5pm central

Sure-Oz
09-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Who has been cut so far, i guess "big name" cuts?

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
well now, have you forgotten my man already?yeppers ..... and apparently i can add either. :)

4+1

Kennison
Parker
Bowe
webb/hannon/sippio
+
Drummond

bringbackmarty
09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Fwiw rhonda said hannon will get cut yesterday on the grunhard show. She also said printers would be too.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Fwiw rhonda said hannon will get cut yesterday on the grunhard show. She also said printers would be too.
looks like it's down to webb and sippio for the finally spot then unless the coaches freak out again and do something unexpected like cut Samie Parker ...... then sippio and webb could both make it.

4+1

Kennison
Parker
Bowe
webb/sippio
+
Drummond

Bowser
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
looks like it's down to webb and sippio for the finally spot then

4+1

Kennison
Parker
Bowe
webb/sippio
+
Drummond

How about we keep Webb AND Sippio, and jettison Parker (the WR)?

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Parker is in his last year of his contract, it wouldnt suprise me one bit to see him go...

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
How about we keep Webb AND Sippio, and jettison Parker (the WR)?
hehe .... i was in the middle of editing for that very possibility when you quoted me. :)

GarySpFc
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Likewise, I hope Sippio makes it. The man is a perfectionist, and you can tell it in everything you read and see about him. He will be a great example to the other players.