PDA

View Full Version : 1st time I've asked. Rate my FF team.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Basic yahoo league.
Passing-25 yrds = 1 pnt.
Pass. TD = 4 pnt.
Rec. and Rush-10 yrds = 1 pnt.
Rec. and Rush-TD = 6 pnt.

Play :
1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 Team Def.

QB's : Tom Brady
Steve Mcnair

WR's : Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Mike Furrey
Hines Ward
Issac Bruce

RB's: Larry Johnson
Edgerrin James
Fred Taylor

TE's: Tony Gonzales
Randy McMichael

K : John Kasay

Def's: Philadelphia
Kansas City

I'm thinking Championship.

Any suggestions ?

Dartgod
08-31-2007, 07:11 AM
That's a pretty stacked team. Are there just 6 teams in that league or are all the other owners morons?

ct
08-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Agree w/ Dart, would like to know how many teams in your league. Nice team! Although I'd like to have 1 more RB in case of injury. Non-PPR league, Edge and Freddie won't score much for you, look for a TD vulture to round out your depth chart. I would assume Marion Barber types are gone, should be anyway, but maybe a Sammy Morris or Najah Davenport is available.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 07:25 AM
:D
It's a 10 team league. And was one for experienced players. I couldn't believe my good fortune. Most of the other managers are bragging about their own teams. I've just kept quiet though.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
that's a good team...

RB's are a HUGE ?, though...

Edge, will he bounce back?
LJ, will the line or passing game give him any help?
Taylor, will he still see enough carries to be a productive fantasy player?

And, as good as the rest of the team is, RB's are the most valuable position in fantasy, especially by the scoring format you posted, so if these guys have down seasons (and they all could), you'll be in a lot of trouble.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 07:43 AM
I'll use this thread to post my first FFL draft: $25.00, winner take all ESPN league:

Kind of obscure settings: Starters: 2 QB's, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB-WR's, 1 UTIL (and position), 1 DEF, 1 Kicker.

So obviously, I went in with the mindset of drafting QB's and RB's, especially QB's since they are the most consistent fantasy scorers, but I definitely wanted high quality RB's, too...and I got the first pick.

10 team league:

QB's: Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, Matt Schaub, Damon Huard
RB's: LaDanian Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, LenDale White
WR's: Andre Johnson, Darrel Jackson, Kevin Curtis, Devery Henderson
TE's: Kellen Winslow, Chris Cooley, Owen Daniels
K: Justin Medlock
D: Bears

I am trying to get the Bears defense in every league this year, taking them in the 7th round here. My lone mistake was taking Portis rather than Romo in the 4th/5th round (I had back-to-back picks), which caused my to end up with Schaub as my QB3, something I did not want. I reached for McNabb and took him right after Brees because many forget how potent McNabb was last year until he got injured. It's a risk, but McNabb has shown for years that, when healthy, he's a top 3 fantasy QB.

I went in with the mentality of getting one good WR, and I really like Andre Johnson's upside. As for the rest of the WR's, I took them all in the last few rounds and went with potential sleepers rather than steady veterans like Muhs and Kennison because I will never need to start more than 1 MAYBE 2 WR's.

Three TE's seems a bit much, I know...but with so many bench spots I can afford to play match-ups with the three guys and I really like Owen Daniels' as a sleeper this year.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 07:45 AM
that's a good team...

RB's are a HUGE ?, though...

Edge, will he bounce back?
LJ, will the line or passing game give him any help?
Taylor, will he still see enough carries to be a productive fantasy player?

And, as good as the rest of the team is, RB's are the most valuable position in fantasy, especially by the scoring format you posted, so if these guys have down seasons (and they all could), you'll be in a lot of trouble.

You think those 3 RB's are a huge ? ?

I'll agree that maybe EJ and FT may not be in the top 10 but all in all those 3 rb's will do just fine.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 07:50 AM
You think those 3 RB's are a huge ? ?

I'll agree that maybe EJ and FT may not be in the top 10 but all in all those 3 rb's will do just fine.
Edge was pretty much awful last year in Arizona. Things could get better for him being in Whisenhunt's system, but you never know...plus he has some mileage on him. Personally, you won't see Edge on any of my fantasy teams. I'm not saying he isn't good, or won't be an awesome fantasy back, he's just on my 'avoid-at-all-costs' list right next to Willie Parker.

As for Fred, I love the guy. He could be a 1,500 back this year if MJD didn't burst onto the scene last year. I think Drew will get even more touches this year which will really make Taylor a sketchy fantasy play. He's definitely a decent RB4, but he's kind of a stretch at RB3, I'm not a fan of drafting running back by committees...was disappointed in my decision to take Portis over Romo (because it forced me to take Betts a few rounds later), but he fell to far and I had to value pick him in my league...

I love LJ, but we've seen the Chiefs offensive woes so far in preseason. Will teams watch the Colts game plan that shut LJ down in the playoffs? I think so. Teams are going to make Huard beat them before they give LJ any room to breathe.

If I draft 3rd and LJ is there, will I take him? Absolutely. Only because of my loyalty as a fan (I'm a huge LJ fan)...but if I was a Dolphins fan and LJ was around at #3, I'd probably look elsewhere...I don't know, that's tough. You definitely want #1, #2 or a late pick this year.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Edge was pretty much awful last year in Arizona. Things could get better for him being in Whisenhunt's system, but you never know...plus he has some mileage on him. Personally, you won't see Edge on any of my fantasy teams. I'm not saying he isn't good, or won't be an awesome fantasy back, he's just on my 'avoid-at-all-costs' list right next to Willie Parker.

As for Fred, I love the guy. He could be a 1,500 back this year if MJD didn't burst onto the scene last year. I think Drew will get even more touches this year which will really make Taylor a sketchy fantasy play. He's definitely a decent RB4, but he's kind of a stretch at RB3, I'm not a fan of drafting running back by committees...was disappointed in my decision to take Portis over Romo (because it forced me to take Betts a few rounds later), but he fell to far and I had to value pick him in my league...

I love LJ, but we've seen the Chiefs offensive woes so far in preseason. Will teams watch the Colts game plan that shut LJ down in the playoffs? I think so. Teams are going to make Huard beat them before they give LJ any room to breathe.

If I draft 3rd and LJ is there, will I take him? Absolutely. Only because of my loyalty as a fan (I'm a huge LJ fan)...but if I was a Dolphins fan and LJ was around at #3, I'd probably look elsewhere...I don't know, that's tough. You definitely want #1, #2 or a late pick this year.

Have you looked at the actual stats for last year?

While EJ didn't have a career type year in 96 I don't think 1400 yrds and 6 td's should be considered awful by any means. And FT, with about the same stats as EJ, should do about the same again. JMO on that.

And you would only take LJ 3rd in the draft just because you're a Chiefs fan ?:spock:

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't think any of the 3 RB's you took have any 2007 upside. Edge is the only one that might put up better numbers than his 2006, but all three are capable of having disappointing fantasy seasons this year.

That's my point.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't think any of the 3 RB's you took have any 2007 upside. Edge is the only one that might put up better numbers than his 2006, but all three are capable of having disappointing fantasy seasons this year.

That's my point.

It's hard to argue with reasoning like that.:shake:

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
It's hard to argue with reasoning like that.:shake:
Ok - fine.

Your FFL team is the GREATEST team of all time and has ZERO weakness and NO chance of ever losing a game.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

stumppy
08-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Ok - fine.

Your FFL team is the GREATEST team of all time and has ZERO weakness and NO chance of ever losing a game.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

That's not it at all. It has nothing to do with my team. It's just that I think your evaluation of those 3 RB's is way off. No matter who's team they are on.
Saying those 3 RB's are a big ? is , well, ridic. Especially your opinion about LJ.
I guess the only way to find out is wait and see.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
That's not it at all. It has nothing to do with my team. It's just that I think your evaluation of those 3 RB's is way off. No matter who's team they are on.
Saying those 3 RB's are a big ? is , well, ridic. Especially your opinion about LJ.
I guess the only way to find out is wait and see.
My opinion on LJ?

Have you seen the Chiefs offense this preseason?

He's going to be facing 8 in the box every running down all season long.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Would you be up for a wager on LJ's performance ?

patteeu
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
You definitely want #1, #2 or a late pick this year.

Is anyone else concerned that Steven Jackson might not be the beast he was last season? In my main league I'm picking 8th out of 8. If I can't pick 1st, I'd rather avoid 2nd and 3rd myself. I'm OK with 8th because I think I'll end up with a pair of pretty strong RBs at the top of my draft.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Is anyone else concerned that Steven Jackson might not be the beast he was last season? In my main league I'm picking 8th out of 8. If I can't pick 1st, I'd rather avoid 2nd and 3rd myself. I'm OK with 8th because I think I'll end up with a pair of pretty strong RBs at the top of my draft.
Who else are they going to have tote the rock ?

EDIT:

He's still fairly fresh as RB's go. IMO I don't think he'll stumble a bit.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 12:01 PM
why would I wager against my favorite player on my favorite team?

I hope he rushes for 3,500 yards and 90 TD's...

All I'm saying is, there are quite a few doubts pertaining to LJ this year.

HolmeZz
08-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Hootie's actually right here. I'm not in love with the backs.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Hootie's actually right here. I'm not in love with the backs.
Two years ago that combination of backs would've been INSANE.

stumppy
08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
why would I wager against my favorite player on my favorite team?

I hope he rushes for 3,500 yards and 90 TD's...

All I'm saying is, there are quite a few doubts pertaining to LJ this year.

I was more interested in seeing if you would back up your opinion about LJ with a wager. Say....control of the others avatar and sig line for a month ?

How about LJ get's at least 75% of the total yardage from last year or more and I win. Less than 75% (which I would think is generous for someone you have huge concerns about) and you win.