PDA

View Full Version : What will the Chiefs record be in 2007?

Marlboro_Chief
08-31-2007, 04:25 PM
I am going with 10-6. There are some issues on the offensive line and fear with the passing game, but I think the Chiefs have the defense to keep them in every football game. Plus, we argubly have the best offensive player in football.

DaFace
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Repost x eleventy billion

But I'm thinking 7-9

pr_capone
08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
6-10

8-8 with no reall additional help but players play above what they did in pre-season

10-6 is Mercury aligns with Saturn during a blood moon and a virgin, sorry Wendler, is sacrificed on the night of Hallows Eve.

11-5 and above if all Chiefs opponents are delayed in some fashion that requires them to forfit games.

Chiefs still manage to loose a few games though after Sammie Parker decides to hot dog it and runs out of the back of his own end-zone scoring the opponent a safety.

Even with no opponent, the Chiefs struggle to complete passes.

Crashride
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
9-7 same as last year but no play off berth

Ugly Duck
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I picked 7-9.... tied with both Oakland and Denver

Rain Man
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I adhere to a strong policy on these polls during preseason.

Marlboro_Chief
08-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Repost x eleventy billion

But I'm thinking 7-9

Yes, the thread has been posted before, but there's no better time to ask than right now, after the fourth preseason game.

KurtCobain
08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
All I've got to say, is why the **** Mr Parcells is voting for us to have a losing season. To hell with the Jets I say! They shall burn in the depths of the hell known as New Jersey.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
13-3

Home field advantage throughout.

Bounced in the first playoff game by the upstart 9-7 Miami Dolphins.

Mi_chief_fan
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
If Huard starts, 7-9.

If Croyle starts, 2-14. We'll still sweep Oakland, who may go 0-16.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 07:19 AM
13-3

Home field advantage throughout.

Bounced in the first playoff game by the upstart 9-7 Miami Dolphins.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

runnercyclist
09-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Realistically I'd say 6-10

Homeristically, I hope for 10-6

TN_Chief
09-01-2007, 07:45 AM
5-11

CoMoChief
09-01-2007, 07:47 AM
5-11

Our offense sucks, and is clearly an image for what it was during the Indy game last season.

Coogs
09-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm going 5-11 as well. I want to say 10-6, but I just can't based on a couple of things. I can not get the image out of my head of what Indy did to us on defense in the playoffs last season. I really think we are going to see a whole lot of 8 and 9 in the box... and dare Huard to try and beat us. And I am not totally sold he can do that. Sure, I know he was something like 11 TD's to 1 Int and the 2nd rated passer in the NFL when he played last season, but I don't expect those numbers to hold.

And second, I am concerned about the way the starting defense has allowed teams to move the ball down the field in the preseason. I expected to see more of a up and comming 2005 Chicago Bears type of defense. One where their offense went 3 and out, and it did not matter because the Bears would three and out them right back, or take it away and score themselves. We have seen neither out of our starting defense so far this preseason. If this unit does become like the 2005 Bears in the regular season, then the 10-6 I wanted to say is possible, but as of September 1, I still have not seen anything from the defense to make me believe it is going to be the top 5 type of defense I thought it could be.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 08:21 AM
There's no way we only win 5 games. No way.

Playing Huard will ensure that.

Skip Towne
09-01-2007, 08:24 AM

I can't see 5 wins. Who will we beat?

TN_Chief
09-01-2007, 08:24 AM

Playing Huard will ensure that.Damon Huard is a career backup. There's a reason for that. Carman Peterwards has just convinced himself otherwise. Huard in no way precludes going 5-11.

milkman
09-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Plus, we argubly have the best offensive player in football.

We made a trade for LaDainian Tomlinson?

Coogs
09-01-2007, 08:27 AM

I don't know, we will see. I really think the home opener is going to be the key to the whole season. I can really see us being 0-2 going into that game. If we are, and lay an egg against the Vikes as well, it could get ugly fast.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Damon Huard is a career backup. There's a reason for that. Carman Peterwards has just convinced himself otherwise. Huard in no way precludes going 5-11.

He absolutely does. His strict adherence to the "play not to lose" philosophy virtually guarantess we'll win at least 7 games.

In fact, he'll do not only enough to hold on to the starting spot the entire season, but we'll be listening to the "Qb battle" talk in training camp NEXT YEAR.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't know, we will see. I really think the home opener is going to be the key to the whole season. I can really see us being 0-2 going into that game. If we are, and lay an egg against the Vikes as well, it could get ugly fast.

We'll beat the Texans, by 3 or 4 points. And we'll beat the Vikings at home.

Well be at, or just slightly above, .500 all season.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
at Houston Texans = WIN
at Chicago Bears = LOSS
Minnesota Vikings = WIN
at San Diego Chargers = LOSS
Jacksonville Jaguars = LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals = LOSS
at Oakland Raiders = WIN
Bye
Green Bay Packers = WIN
Denver Broncos = LOSS
at Indianapolis Colts = LOSS
Oakland Raiders = WIN
San Diego Chargers = LOSS
at Denver Broncos = LOSS
Tennessee Titans = LOSS
at Detroit Lions = LOSS
at New York Jets = LOSS

Final record: 5-11

Douche Baggins
09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
We'll beat the Texans, by 3 or 4 points. And we'll beat the Vikings at home.

And get ****ing eviscerated in Chicago.

Douche Baggins
09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
at Houston Texans = WIN
at Chicago Bears = LOSS
Minnesota Vikings = WIN
at Oakland Raiders = WIN
Bye
Green Bay Packers = WIN
Denver Broncos = LOSS
Oakland Raiders = WIN
at Denver Broncos = LOSS
Tennessee Titans = LOSS
at Detroit Lions = LOSS
at New York Jets = LOSS

Reminds me of 1998.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 08:52 AM

Yet, we'll be 2-1, and we'll hear about how "steady" Huard is.

Coogs
09-01-2007, 08:53 AM
We'll beat the Texans, by 3 or 4 points.

I don't know. I saw them in their preseason game vs the Cards, and they looked pretty darn good for what they normally looked like. And they beat the Jags twice and the Colts last season. Might not be a sure thing this years as it has been in years past.

milkman
09-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I don't know. I saw them in their preseason game vs the Cards, and they looked pretty darn good for what they normally looked like. And they beat the Jags twice and the Colts last season. Might not be a sure thing this years as it has been in years past.

I think there are a lot of people here that will be surprised by the Texans.

I don't think the Chiefs will win that game.

TN_Chief
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
He absolutely does. His strict adherence to the "play not to lose" philosophy virtually guarantess we'll win at least 7 games.

In fact, he'll do not only enough to hold on to the starting spot the entire season, but we'll be listening to the "Qb battle" talk in training camp NEXT YEAR."play not to lose" only works if/when you have a lead at some point during the game. And even if you do, it's not like the other team stops trying to score. It's a flawed philosophy, being pushed by a hack coach to a team with little talent at some very important positions. I think you're nuts if you believe that Damon Huard somehow assures us of more than 5 wins.

Skip Towne
09-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I think there are a lot of people here that will be surprised by the Texans.

I don't think the Chiefs will win that game.
I don't either. Road game.

TN_Chief
09-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't think the Chiefs will win that game.Agreed. The Texans will have serious motivation for the opener anyway. Playing at home with a new QB who's brought a lot of hope to the team/town...they'll be way fired up. I think we'll lose by 7-10.

runnercyclist
09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Is there a line for the game yet?

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2007, 09:06 AM
8-8.

The Official Benchmark for Carl Peterson's Kansas City Chiefs.

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 09:08 AM

Two things play in our favor.

1) Damon Huard

2) KARMA

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 09:09 AM
"play not to lose" only works if/when you have a lead at some point during the game. And even if you do, it's not like the other team stops trying to score. It's a flawed philosophy, being pushed by a hack coach to a team with little talent at some very important positions. I think you're nuts if you believe that Damon Huard somehow assures us of more than 5 wins.

Damon Huard's TALENT doesn't ensure us anything.

But the karma of playing him guarantees at least a 7-win season.

We're Chief fans, it's our fate.

milkman
09-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Two things play in our favor.

1) Damon Huard

2) KARMA

I don't believe in Karma.

If there is Karma, that bitch really owes me.

CoMoChief
09-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Not with Grossman as their QB. He will throw at least 2 picks.

suds79
09-01-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't believe in Karma.

If there is Karma, that bitch really owes me.

ROFL

milkman
09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Not with Grossman as their QB. He will throw at least 2 picks.

And?

GoHuge
09-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I put 8-8 just because I think out D will keep us in almost any game and you never know what happens in the 4th. Maybe a homer 8-8 pick, but it could go a game or two in either direction. Who knows, if anybody here did you'd be a rich SOB living out in Vegas. Your job would be getting to the window before post time. That wouldn't be so bad :)

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
at Houston Texans = WIN
at Chicago Bears = LOSS
Minnesota Vikings = WIN
at Oakland Raiders = WIN
Bye
Green Bay Packers = WIN
Denver Broncos = LOSS
Oakland Raiders = WIN
at Denver Broncos = LOSS
Tennessee Titans = LOSS
at Detroit Lions = LOSS
at New York Jets = LOSS

i think we beat Tennessee and detroit ... but i bet we lose @oakland and @houston.

basically same results though

there will a couple of surprises ... we'll upset somebody and get upset ourselves.

we will end up with 5-9 wins imo

milkman
09-01-2007, 10:57 AM
i think we beat Tennessee and detroit ... but i bet we lose @oakland and @houston.

basically same results though

Detroit will put up a lot of points this year, and I don't believe the Chiefs have the defense to stop them.

And they sure as hell won't outscore them.

VonneMarie
09-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't think any team will go 2-12. :rolleyes:

TN_Chief
12-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Yo DJ, bring that beat back...

Couldn't resist resurrecting this thread at the three-quarter point of the season. Those of us in the 4-6 win range are looking pretty good.