PDA

View Full Version : A Stadium that deserves homely cheerleaders...

Joe Seahawk
05-16-2001, 08:10 PM
The Texans new stadium is the ugliest stadium I have ever seen.

JMHO.

http://www.houstontexans.com/photos/Signage_Cam_Ext_Open020901.JPG

Joe Seahawk
05-16-2001, 08:13 PM
Except for the former Kingdome of course..

morphius
05-16-2001, 08:18 PM
That looks more like a corporate building then a stadium, I agree, yuck!

Frazod
05-16-2001, 08:18 PM
Joe, you obviously haven't seen any pictures of what they're planning on doing to Soldier Field. They are going to maintain the outside of the existing stadium, which is cool, but then put a hulking modern monstrousity inside of it that doesn't match, or even compliment, the existing architecture. A total, hideous eyesore, IMO. Yuck.

Of course, its for the Bears, and in Chicago, so a hideous eyesore of a stadium is strangly appropriate.

old_geezer
05-16-2001, 08:21 PM
That is a truly hideous place to play football. It looks like a mega-merger of two companies gone terribly wrong. :eek:

California Injun
05-16-2001, 10:25 PM
Doesn't the top look like the rolling roof idea that Lamar had for Arrowhead?

Joe Seahawk
05-16-2001, 10:28 PM
Yep, It's a retractable roof...It seems like they could have come up with a more attractive design...

California Injun
05-16-2001, 10:44 PM
Hell, even the name "Texans" was borrowed.

I'm wondering why they didn't continue the tradition of the Oilers like Cleveland did with the Brownies.

Probably wanted to forget the following disasters....

"Last year we knocked on the door, this year we're gonna kick the damn thing in!"

"And with the interception to start the 2nd half, the Oilers now lead the Bills 35-3."

"Montana hands the ball off to Marcus and there he goes!!!
20-15-10-5... Touchdown Kan-sas City!!!! Chiefs lead 28-20!!"

Phobia
05-16-2001, 10:55 PM
Take it easy fellas....

While I intend to be a lifetime Chiefs fan (first and only tat will be an arrowhead), I will also be a season ticket holder for the Texans. I haven't decided if I'll cheer for them or against them yet.

California Injun
05-16-2001, 11:01 PM
Phil,

I did the same thing in SoCal with the Rams tickets. A buddy and I had some nice ducats (well, they were his Mom's and she never went to the games).

I always hoped the games would be close and cheered for the Rams only when they played the AFC. (Had to factor in the Chiefs play-off positioning!)

Anaheim Stadium had great grub and the Orange County women had talent for diversionary purposes when the games sucked.

Did you have to purchase PSLs for the Texans?

Phobia
05-16-2001, 11:05 PM
Bob McNair asked me to purchase PSL's but I told him I'd rather have ****ty seats than cough up $5k for having my name etched into a freaking brick. No thank you.

I'm not quite at the very top but my seats are far from excellant. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to move up until they get good anyway. I really just wanted them to have an option on SB tix in 2004.

California Injun
05-16-2001, 11:08 PM
Seems Bob McNair gives the fans what they ask for...

"I'd rather have shoddy seats than cough up 5K..."

Do those tickets come with complimentary nocs?

Phobia
05-16-2001, 11:24 PM
They need to come with a Rolex or something....

Joe Seahawk
05-16-2001, 11:28 PM
Phil,
I'm sure it will be a fine stadium to watch games...But Damn, the thing is weird looking....

Phobia
05-16-2001, 11:30 PM
I don't really care what it looks like on the outside. I am partial to staying dry and comfortable though. Call me spoiled.

Phobia
05-16-2001, 11:31 PM
Also, one thing I will guarantee:

The Texans will have some of the FINEST cheerleaders a guy could hope for. I may not be a Texans fan but I'll damn sure be a Texans Cheerleader fan!

Joe Seahawk
05-16-2001, 11:34 PM
Maybe there will someday be a movie called "North Houston 40"...:p

BTW..After some of the bad weather games I attended last year (especially the Raiders) I understand your desire for climate control..

Mile High Mania
05-17-2001, 08:14 AM
The cool thing is that they can quickly, if not automatically, become the best football team in Texas. That will drive Jones as well as all of the other bandwagon yahoos in this town crazy!

I hate the Cowboys...

Cormac
05-17-2001, 09:13 AM
MHM,

That just might happen :). I bet the Cowboys will struggle to get 2 wins this season, and who knows what in the years after that......

Tony Banks???........bwaahhaaahahahahahahaaa.