PDA

View Full Version : Medlock...

runnercyclist
08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
I am not impressed.

Have there ever been any good black kickers (not punters)

PastorMikH
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. I was wondering about the possibilities of bringing Tynes back if he gets cut in NY. Then it dawned on my about the similarities between the two. Tynes was brought in for several years and wasn't able to be consistent enough to make the roster. Finally, after several years, he finally got enough time in that he turned into an alright kicker. I can't help but wonder if given the chance to get some experience he could come around and be a decent kicker for us. He has a strong leg.

Besides, with an inconsistent kicker Herm might be more inclined to go to the endzone instead of settling for 3.

runnercyclist
08-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I just hate inconsistant kickers.

digi2fish
08-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm missing Tynes already.

Direckshun
08-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I kept thinking the color of his skin kept getting in the way of the kicks.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 11:30 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. I was wondering about the possibilities of bringing Tynes back if he gets cut in NY. Then it dawned on my about the similarities between the two. Tynes was brought in for several years and wasn't able to be consistent enough to make the roster. Finally, after several years, he finally got enough time in that he turned into an alright kicker. I can't help but wonder if given the chance to get some experience he could come around and be a decent kicker for us. He has a strong leg.

Besides, with an inconsistent kicker Herm might be more inclined to go to the endzone instead of settling for 3.

Tynes was an alright kicker if you consider missing 23yd fg's in the playoffs, missing extra points and short kickoffs to be alright.

PastorMikH
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Tynes was an alright kicker if you consider missing 23yd fg's in the playoffs, missing extra points and short kickoffs to be alright.

I also remember him winning a few games with some long goals too. One or two were over 50 yards I believe.

As for the playoffs, Tynes wasn't the only one that failed to perform - most of our starters - Green, LJ, Gonzo, Kennision, etc sorta failed too.

Count Alex's Losses
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Be patient. Medlock will probably miss seven or eight kicks this year. Rookie kickers aren't perfect.

runnercyclist
08-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I kept thinking the color of his skin kept getting in the way of the kicks.

That is an interesting comment. I can't imagine the color of his skin has anything to do with the kicks. Being a rookie, yes.

I was justwondering if there had EVER been a black kicker. I couldnt recall one??

No racism here.

InChiefsHell
08-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Roby?

runnercyclist
08-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Roby?
He wasn't a kicker. He was a punter.

InChiefsHell
08-31-2007, 11:41 PM
He wasn't a kicker. He was a punter.

Well, shit. He still kicked the ball...I think that should count... :p

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 11:42 PM
I also remember him winning a few games with some long goals too. One or two were over 50 yards I believe.

As for the playoffs, Tynes wasn't the only one that failed to perform - most of our starters - Green, LJ, Gonzo, Kennision, etc sorta failed too.

Missing a 23yd fg in the playoffs is absolutely inexcusable.

FWIW, this preseason Tynes and Medlock have the same fg %. Tynes missed from 40 and 43 and made from 40 and 43. Medlock missed from 37 (hit upright), 42 and 52 and made from 34, 40 and 42.

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
he is missing fg in my madden game ,he must be bad... we lost to the bears in week 2 24-17 super simmed... he missed 4 fgs... lol

NO TO TYNES... his time is up...

Lets give medlock a year or 2 to prove himself...

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Missing a 23yd fg in the playoffs is absolutely inexcusable.

FWIW, this preseason Tynes and Medlock have the same fg %. Tynes missed from 40 and 43 and made from 40 and 43. Medlock missed from 37 (hit upright), 42 and 52 and made from 34, 40 and 42.

did tynes miss an extra point this preseason?

FAX
09-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I am not impressed. ...

Neither am I, Mr. runnercyclist. I made the vile mistake of comparing Medlock's and Croyle's situation in light of Hermoine's attitude about starting unproven, young players and I was soundly thrashed.

I know they're completely different positions, but in Hermoine's scheme, field goals are like gold. Why we haven't had any competition at kicker whatsoever is a mystery wrapped in an enigma swathed in a turd.

FAX

runnercyclist
09-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Neither am I, Mr. runnercyclist. I made the vile mistake of comparing Medlock's and Croyle's situation in light of Hermoine's attitude about starting unproven, young players and I was soundly thrashed.

I know they're completely different positions, but in Hermoine's scheme, field goals are like gold. Why we haven't had any competition at kicker whatsoever is a mystery wrapped in an enigma swathed in a turd.

FAX

+1

Deberg_1990
09-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Why we haven't had any competition at kicker whatsoever is a mystery wrapped in an enigma swathed in a turd.

FAX

Because they spent a fairly high draft pick (for a kicker) on him. Coaches and GM's dont like to be proved wrong.

Chief Chief
09-01-2007, 12:24 AM
A good black kicker?

Hmmmmm...

How 'bout Pele?

Lonewolf Ed
09-01-2007, 12:26 AM
That is an interesting comment. I can't imagine the color of his skin has anything to do with the kicks. Being a rookie, yes.

I was justwondering if there had EVER been a black kicker. I couldnt recall one??

No racism here.

I remember back when KC had Okoye playing, Minnesota had a kicker from Nigeria, Donald (oooh, how is that spelled....) Igwebweke? I seem to recall him getting busted for some drug smuggling through Nigeria, but I could be wrong. Anyone else know about it?

FAX
09-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Because they spent a fairly high draft pick (for a kicker) on him. Coaches and GM's dont like to be proved wrong.

ROFL

Father Guido Sarducci says they'd better start getting used to the idea.

"They f*ck-a that up real-a good."

FAX

orange
09-01-2007, 12:40 AM
I am not impressed.

Here's one from the Broncos, Gene Mingo: http://www.angelfire.com/md3/osslyn/The

runnercyclist
09-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Here's one from the Broncos, Gene Mingo: http://www.angelfire.com/md3/osslyn/The

Nice work, Orange. Looks like he was the first recognized black kicker.

However, I like his uncle better...

" When Gene signed his football contract with the Broncos, it broke his uncle's heart. Gene's said his uncle didn't speak to him for two year's because of that."

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2007, 01:08 AM
http://i18.tinypic.com/4xm3aqh.jpg

milkman
09-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks for ****ing up the page there Peanut.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2007, 01:19 AM
I try.

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Adblock is a wonderful thing.

milkman
09-01-2007, 01:24 AM
If you're going to do it, you might as well do it good.

And you ****ed it up good.