PDA

View Full Version : The fun begins in Baltimore...

htismaqe
05-17-2001, 09:55 AM
Ravens | Thoughts from Grbac - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
23:49 ET: Baltimore Ravens QB Elvis Grbac, according to the Ravens' official website, felt the team was a bit rusty during Wednesday's workouts and the team needs to pick up the offense by being sharper and crisper. However, he felt overall the team was able to get some good work in on the field. Grbac said Matt Cavanaugh has helped make the offense easier for him to learn.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

47mack
05-17-2001, 10:07 AM
That offense just isn't up to his level.

bigdaddychieffan
05-17-2001, 10:10 AM
I don't think Grbackup will ever learn to just keep his mouth shut. Keep it up traitor.

BIG_DADDY
05-17-2001, 10:15 AM
God I will not miss these STUPID comments coming from our teams QB. I may actually look forward to them now.:D

Cormac
05-17-2001, 10:56 AM
I can't wait til he sees fit to personally reprimand Searcy for his recent legal transgressions.....being "a leader" and all!

Whump! No more Grbac :)

ck_IN
05-17-2001, 11:37 AM
Ok, once more someone please 'splain this to me.

EG says the offense was a bit rusty. Gee I wonder why? A new QB who admits he's trying to learn the system. A long offseason where many Ravens probably hit the party circuit rather than the weight room. A rookie TE who will likely play a major role. And an offense that didn't light anything up last year to begin with.

I understand that for some reason EG is considered a traitor, though why is beyond me. But this is reaching gang.

Phobia
05-17-2001, 11:48 AM
The funny part about it is Grbac should KNOW the offense will be rusty in the first mini-camp. To state as much publicly does nothing positive. It might even go a long ways towards trashing any offensive cohesiveness.

Clint in Wichita
05-17-2001, 11:51 AM
ck_IN,

I can't help but read your post with that stupid "Baltimoron" accent going through my head.

Sounds to me like your just angry because your entire shrine to Elvis is now obsolete.

Try selling it on Ebay.

htismaqe
05-17-2001, 11:55 AM
Chuck,

Because in typical Elvis fashion, the only mention of himself was how well he was doing learning the offense. All of the criticisms he made were of everyone BUT himself.

I'm sure that the members of the SUPERBOWL CHAMPION Ravens really like having Grbac telling them how to play the game.

58Forever
05-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Ricky Williams has Social Anxiety Disorder...Grbac has terminal Hoof IN mouth disease....:p

Baby Lee
05-17-2001, 12:00 PM
the team was a bit rusty during Wednesday's workouts
CRITICAL
the team needs to pick up the offense by being sharper and crisper.
CONSTRUCTIVE
he felt overall the team was able to get some good work in on the field.
COMPLIMENTARY
Grbac said Matt Cavanaugh has helped make the offense easier for him to learn.
COMLIMENTARY TO BORDERLINE ARSE-KISSING

One ciritical comment, that considering the context isn't all that critical [more of a 'duh' statement] in an overall positive paragraph and that's what everyone picks up on.

Sound like sour grapes to me.

Phobia
05-17-2001, 12:02 PM
I'll admit that our perception isn't nearly as important as that of his teammates. In the past, his teammates took it the wrong way. I doubt his demeanor has changed much and would stake some chump change that his new teammates view this negatively.

ck_IN
05-17-2001, 12:03 PM
Clint, responding to you is a waste of time and electrons. You don't warrent the effort. Sufice to say I'm about 1000 miles from Baltimore.

The crux of my reply in #6 is why do we care what EG says or does in Balt? He's gone gang. Give up the Jihad. The horse has been beaten. Let it rest.

Hitsmaqe, the only mention I saw was how the coach was helping him. The only other mention I saw was how the O was a little rusty. I fail to see the big deal, one way or the other.

DaWolf
05-17-2001, 12:13 PM
To be fair, the answer was in response to a reporter's question, so he didn't just come out and volunteer the critique. They have a video clip of it at ravens.com...

bigdaddychieffan
05-17-2001, 03:15 PM
I just find it funny that EG can't just keep his mouth shut. He is coming in to a Superbowl winning team and in my opinion saying that he is getting the offense, and other people have to be more sharp and crisp to play up to his level. I only consider him a traitor, because when he finally starts to become a decent QB for the Chiefs he bails for a better team. I am also not that sold on Green. I guess only time will tell.

HC_Chief
05-17-2001, 03:24 PM
<i>Give up the Jihad</i>

LOL! :D

ck - you should know by now, too many in this fan base have a VERY hard time 'letting things go' - see: Rich Gannon for further proof ;)

MrBlond
05-17-2001, 03:48 PM
Why is ex-Chief QB Gannon lauded my many fans while ex-Chief QB Grbac is vilified? I hear people (Grbackers?) lament that the fans booed poor Elvis at home. How he was mistreated, underappreciated and run out of town with our harsh words. Why isnt Gannon hated with the same passion? Why was Gannon cheered in his return to Arrowhead? IMO, the answer is simple. Most fans realize that Gannon was/is a better QB. Stats be damned, Grbac couldnt carry Gannons jock. Gannon has lead a team with LESS talent deep into the playoffs since leaving our city. Grbac lead us to mediocrity. Bonehead plays, finger-pointing, shell-shocked looks, questionable injuries, and NOT ONE PLAYOFF WIN is his legacy. Comparing Gannon to Grbac is apples to oranges. Grbac to Jeff George is a more fair comparison. I boo Gannon because he plays for the Raiders. I cheer for Green because he plays for the Chiefs. And I will never, ever say a good word about Grbac again.

So yes, I do have trouble "letting things go." Part of being a fan I guess.

California Injun
05-17-2001, 07:00 PM
Blond,

The same fans that were booing Grbac were the ones that could not scrape Gannon off their jocks after he left 2 seasons ago. They weren't cheering for Rich because he is a better QB.

This just in: The Raiders had a better coach and an actual running game than the Chiefs. Their success was not ONLY because of Gannon nor was the Chiefs demise ONLY because of Grbac.

Gannon left because he wanted to be a starter.

Grbac left because he wanted to get out of KC.

BIG difference when it comes to the fans opinions of each player.

Raiderhader
05-17-2001, 08:48 PM
Why don't the fans have a problem with Gannon? Because they liked him and thought he got a bum deal. So going to our most hated rival to spite doesn't hurt some people because they feel as though the Chiefs deserved it. He didn't direct it at the fans because he knows that we were behind him. It was the organization that he was trying to spite. I can't say as though I blame the guy, and I still like him, but I'll never root for him to win as long as he is a raiduh (unless them winning helps the the Chiefs. I hate those games, don't you?) My loyalty is to the team, not a certain player. And any loyalty to a player stops when he goes to the wrong team, namely the raiduhs.

sun
05-17-2001, 10:38 PM
elvis girlbac can bite my crank

alanm
05-17-2001, 11:07 PM
You know all Gannon did was win. And then they bench him for Grbac right before the playoff game against Denver in 97. I'll never forgive Marty for that!!:mad: