PDA

View Full Version : Picked up NCAA 2008

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM
And having a blast.

Woodrow Call
09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I think it gets a bad rap. Once I got used to the changes I've had alot of fun.

What sliders are you using?

JBucc
09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought about buying it but decided not to. Eventually the crazy turnovers and shitty passing game annoyed me to the point where the good things about the game weren't enough.

Count Alex's Losses
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I really want this game on PC. EA is just flushing money down the drain by not porting it. WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM?

Fruit Ninja
09-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I really want this game on PC. EA is just flushing money down the drain by not porting it. WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM?
Because the other 500,000 copies they sold dont bring in enough. lol

Can you do this in NCAA? i always hear NCAA is a better game, just curious.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTxtFzh-wd0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTxtFzh-wd0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Count Alex's Losses
09-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow. That's unrealistic as hell. And EA can't even get the freaking running animations right. Pathetic.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I think it gets a bad rap. Once I got used to the changes I've had alot of fun.

What sliders are you using?

I haven't messed with the sliders at all yet.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I thought about buying it but decided not to. Eventually the crazy turnovers and shitty passing game annoyed me to the point where the good things about the game weren't enough.

Well, so far in the half dozen games I've played with Iowa, my completion percentage is 91% with only 1 INT. I've seen 1 fumble, and it was the CPU rather than me. The CPU throws a few too many picks, but I've been told there's a fix.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTxtFzh-wd0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTxtFzh-wd0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

NCAA is a better game. The gameplay isn't near what 2K8 has, but if you've played the 2K8 demo, you've basically experienced EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Comparing 2K8 to NCAA at this point is like comparing an AutoCAD drawing of a 2" bolt to a painting by Salvador Dali.

2K8 is strikingly accurate and realistic, but once you figure out that it's nothing more than a 2" bolt, you get bored. Whereas, with NCAA, you realize that clocks aren't supposed to melt, but it draws you in because of it's depth and atmosphere.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, so far in the half dozen games I've played with Iowa, my completion percentage is 91% with only 1 INT. I've seen 1 fumble, and it was the CPU rather than me. The CPU throws a few too many picks, but I've been told there's a fix.

Wow....

I've played several games with Tulane on AA setting, and often run into multiple turnovers by both teams, especially against zone D's. I like the extremely penal nature (DB's rarely drop picks), because it forces you to be more judicious with the ball.

I could see the 91% completion if you ran a lot of routes in the flats and drags....what style of O do you tend to run??

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow....

I've played several games with Tulane on AA setting, and often run into multiple turnovers by both teams, especially against zone D's. I like the extremely penal nature (DB's rarely drop picks), because it forces you to be more judicious with the ball.

I could see the 91% completion if you ran a lot of routes in the flats and drags....what style of O do you tend to run??

Well, I am still playing on default settings, but I was just trying to demonstrate that the passing game is far from impossible.

I run a zone blocking offense with lots of PA passing and intermediate crossing and drag routes. I like to throw to the TE too.

JBucc
09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't mean the passing game is hard, just that I don't like it.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't mean the passing game is hard, just that I don't like it.

It's pretty hard to put any touch on the ball. Other than that, it's alot better than it was last year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2007, 04:48 PM
It's pretty hard to put any touch on the ball. Other than that, it's alot better than it was last year.

This is true on the deep routes, which, IMO had to happen to prevent cheezers from running nothing but Flys all the time. It sucks in that regard, but it's a necessary evil to play against those "Madden Nation" types.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
This is true on the deep routes, which, IMO had to happen to prevent cheezers from running nothing but Flys all the time. It sucks in that regard, but it's a necessary evil to play against those "Madden Nation" types.

Yep. They simply HAD to make the game harder.

Lzen
09-02-2007, 05:37 PM

Ha ha ha ha. That reminds me of the old Joe Montana football games on Sega Genesis. What mode/level was that? Rookie? I play on All Madden and rarely am I able to get a kick return for TD. And yeah, I'm pretty damn good at the game. But as I recall from when I first tried out rookie mode on Madden 06 on the PC, you could pretty much score at will.

Short Leash Hootie
09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
by the way, set the game to rookie and you can do that in madden all day long...I can run around with Vick for 30 minutes if I want to...that's not a glitch, it's just on rookie mode.

Ultra Peanut
01-25-2008, 02:57 AM
NCAA 08 had so many dropped ball--you know what, **** making a joke. That game was filled with so many goddamn ridiculous turnovers that I still want to murder the people at Tiburon, six months after last playing it.