PDA

View Full Version : Next "Survivors" series.......?

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 07:43 PM
I barely watched the first series-the last show kinda had my interest. But this last one reeled me in like a hungry bass in April. But I started thinking (always a bad thing), what are they going to do next year? I mean, the format is not going to go away, with the TV ratings in the stratosphere. If you were in the production braintrust, what would you come up with?

keg in kc
05-17-2001, 07:48 PM
Do you want speculation or you want the real stuff (fiance works for CBS, so I know "things" ;) - there's also info available on the 'net)

tommykat
05-17-2001, 07:50 PM
:cool: I didn't watch the first Survivor, however this last one got me HOOKED~ Cody should have won. He was a real trooper having Tina as a partner. He could have had Keith and won. But alas, Cody didn't RULE with this one..

To bad he should have:D

stevieray
05-17-2001, 07:58 PM
Next Survivor Series is slated for Africa.

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 07:59 PM
Keg-I haven't checked out the website-an inside story would be nice, but if my fiance worked for CBS and gave me a heads-up on what might happen next, I would probably tell her that that sounds interesting, but deep down I'd be thinking that it would be better if....so I guess speculation is the guideline-if not for next season, maybe the year after. Who knows?-your fiance might move up in the company with a concept she got from this thread!

tommykat
05-17-2001, 08:01 PM
Kyle.....
You actually know what is going to happen and the out come??
How, they are taking the votes now and no one knows the outcome.

:eek: OK.......don't spoil it for us......but we've heard that a gay won the first one and second was a woman and now the third is suspose to be minority.

bigdaddychieffan
05-17-2001, 08:08 PM
I have watched survivor since it's inception. I probably am what you call a die hard. There is just something about that show that really gets me hooked. I have the first season on the DVD that came out for it and it is really interesting because you got to see all of their videos and auditions and I could see why they picked the people that they did for the show. The show in Africa would probably really rock. Can't wait for it. What is really amazing is that even after 2 seasons the ratings just keep on keeping on.

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 08:11 PM
I know it would definitely reduce the skin factor, but the reality factor would be greatly enhanced if the locale was either Antarctica or somewhere above the Arctic circle-although I don't think they could keep the tiki torches lit long enough to film a tribal council. But just thinking about the contestants freezing their butts off for 40-some days is enough to get me interested.

Logical
05-17-2001, 08:16 PM
I believe Cody might have had the best strategy in the end. Sure he gave up $900K but he has been on the road non-stop with large monetary engagements. I would not be at all surprised to find out that is 15 minutes turns into a couple of years and he ends up with several million as a result. Seems like he may have been even more cunning with his choice than I certainly thought originally. ;)

keg in kc
05-17-2001, 08:18 PM
The outcome of the shows are not planned, to the best of my knowledge, and they don't even let employees know what's happening each week, so I can't really effectively 'spoil' anything for you.

But the setting for the next two Survivor's have been set for months:
January 9, 2001

CBS Announces Two More Survivor Installments

Although Survivor II doesn't debut until Jan. 28, CBS is so confident in its reality TV franchise that it has just announced plans for a third and fourth Survivor series.
CBS Television President Leslie Moonves made the announcement this morning during the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour in Pasadena, Calif., The Associated Press reports.

Locations in Africa and South America are being scouted for Survivor III, which will debut in the fall, network execs announced.

Nancy Tellem, the network's entertainment chief, said that Survivor is too much of a ratings powerhouse to ever again appear on CBS's summer lineup.

To cement the deal, CBS had to agree to sweeten the pot for producer Mark Burnett, an arrangement that was hammered out by CBS pres Moonves, according to Variety. Without going into details, Tellem told the AP, "Certainly this deal will make him richer." Burnett will not, however, receive a cut of the show's advertising revenue.

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 08:23 PM
I wonder if, after a decade of the series, CBS airs a "Survivor of the Survivors", pitting all past champions against one another-and THIS one's in Antarctica (just kidding)

Wrasse
05-17-2001, 08:59 PM
St. Louis would be a cruel place to put the Survivors...they could make them live amongst all the Ramrods.

I guess that might be a little TOO unusually cruel :D

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 09:30 PM
Wra_sse-Off the topic, where is Lake Dallas in relation to Weatherford?

Wrasse
05-17-2001, 09:40 PM
Actually...I'm not sure in relation to Weatherford...it is just north of Lewisville and Dallas and just south of Denton. It's right off of I35E South.

alanm
05-17-2001, 09:48 PM
Haven't watched, Don't plan to. But I have heard stories in the media that the shows are scripted and the outcomes planned in advance. So basically your watching actors plying their craft. But... If your entertained by the show by all means keep watching. :)

kcfanintitanhell
05-17-2001, 10:31 PM
alanm-I'm sure you're 100% correct in that assessment-but I guess what my thread was intended to do was to spark some interest in scenarios for the show that might eliminate speculation over whether or not it was scripted and/or pre-ordained. Have a situation where the film crew doesn't have a chance to graze at the craft service table in between takes-where "this is what you did to our rice??!!" is not a big issue (if you didn't see the last episodes, you wouldn't understand the rice thing). That's why I'm pushing for Antartica or the North Pole-("you call this whale blubber!!")

Wra_sse-Thanks! Was just curious. Going to be in Weatherford Saturday nite.

kcred
05-18-2001, 06:09 AM
After watching both the Survivor series, and believing without a shadow of a doubt, the reality, I was really turned off when the last finale was aired in Los Angeles. Did anyone else notice, the jurors questioning in the outback, were wearing the same clothes, as they were two months later in Los Angeles. Jerry had on the same pink sweater, Amber the blue sweater, Nick, his Morehouse St. Tshirt, and Rodger, his green cap. I find this very strange indeed. Of course, maybe I was looking beyond the main participants, Colby and shaved, and Tina put on some makeup, but I saw the others, and have my doubts now.

stevieray
05-18-2001, 06:46 AM
Hey, Kyle, read post #2. They announced Africa on the final episode.

Stryker
05-18-2001, 07:30 AM
I think I have to agree with most of you. A "REAL" Survivor challange would be Anartica or better yet, Siberia!!

~would love to see them survive a Russian winter ;)