PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?

Deberg_1990
09-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Trying to figure out which one i want to buy. Please offer up your opinions here. Thanks...

KcMizzou
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
DS

Deberg_1990
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
DS

Any reason why? It seems like the PSP does more?

Kraus
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
If you know what you are doing, the PSP homebrew scene is amazing. I haven't tried it yet, but there are a ton of emulators all the way up to PS1 and N64 games, plus a bunch of homemade games.

Reaper16
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
This is the easiest question in the history of videogames. The DS is the best videogame platform out there today, including home consoles. Only XBox 360 compares.

DS owners are literally inundated with stellar games every month.

KcMizzou
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Any reason why? It seems like the PSP does more?DS just has more and better games. As a strictly gaming machine, PSP doesn't compare.

Nintendo's got the hand-held market down.

Crashride
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
??? i would have thought the psp dominated. The graphics are wayyyy better. its like having a ps2 in your hands

Reaper16
09-04-2007, 05:15 PM
??? i would have thought the psp dominated. The graphics are wayyyy better. its like having a ps2 in your hands
PSP sales are terrible. Its simply not doing well at all in the marketplace, for a single reason -- no games.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I bought my son a DS last Christmas. He loves it because you can play Advance games also. He wants a PSP this Christmas. I'll cave...

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2007, 06:04 PM
??? i would have thought the psp dominated. The graphics are wayyyy better. its like having a ps2 in your handsNope. Sony is taking a beating, not only from the DS, but the Wii, as well...

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
The PSP does 'DO' more. Movies, memory card you can load mp3s on. But, for strictly gaming, it does not compare to the DS.

icepick64
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
If you know what you are doing, the PSP homebrew scene is amazing. I haven't tried it yet, but there are a ton of emulators all the way up to PS1 and N64 games, plus a bunch of homemade games.

Oh yeh, my brother has his psp modded and he gets anything on there from final fantasy 7 to zelda or contra. I believe he said you have to use gta to do the mod lol

Guru
09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
If you are only into unique games, then the DS.

If you are a gadget freak, then the PSP.

I have owned both. I took the DS back and eventually got a PSP and performed the MOD to it. Yes, I have GTA LCS.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
If you are only into unique games, then the DS.

If you are a gadget freak, then the PSP.

I have owned both. I took the DS back and eventually got a PSP and performed the MOD to it. Yes, I have GTA LCS.

I think im learning towards the PSP, since you can play music, Movies, games, browse the web, AVI's etc....

I just read there is a new version coming out in a week or two. Apparantly its lighter and the firmware and web browser is better.

I think ill wait till that comes out.

The DS does look very cool for games though. Although the PSP games look better to me because that screen is so dang cool.

Guru
09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I think im learning towards the PSP, since you can play music, Movies, games, browse the web, AVI's etc....

I just read there is a new version coming out in a week or two. Apparantly its lighter and the firmware and web browser is better.

I think ill wait till that comes out.

The DS does look very cool for games though. Although the PSP games look better to me because that screen is so dang cool.

If you want to MOD it, do NOT get the new lite version.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
If you want to MOD it, do NOT get the new lite version.

What do you mean by mod it?? Could you explain that a little better?? DO you mean make it to where you can play burned games??

Valiant
09-05-2007, 12:28 AM
What do you mean by mod it?? Could you explain that a little better?? DO you mean make it to where you can play burned games??

Do all the cool stuff that does not rape you on price.. That is why they are coming out with a new one with newer firmware, so you can't and they can get you to buy their stuff..

Ultra Peanut
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Do you like video games?

Guru
09-05-2007, 02:48 AM
tons of homebrew applications out there that you cannot do on the sony firmware. You have to mod it to be able to take advantage of that. Yeah, there are the emulators too.

jeffery
09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
i have a psp a dlove it...the games are so sweet...medal of honer heroes is like a 25 player online game and madden is even sweeter.i love to go online a slaughter people

BigChiefFan
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I have both and the PSP, is by far superior. It also offers alot more features than just gaming. You can browse the web or your PS3 with the PSP. You can store music, videos, and pictures. It's supposed to have a camera and GPS in the very near future. The PSP wails on the DS. Plus the games have alot better graphics. The DS is for kids, The PSP is for adults.

Reaper16
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
i have a psp a dlove it...the games are so sweet...medal of honer heroes is like a 25 player online game and madden is even sweeter.i love to go online a slaughter people
This is a shining example of the casual PSP owner, Deberg. You are now forewarned.

Reaper16
09-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I have both and the PSP, is by far superior. It also offers alot more features than just gaming. You can browse the web or your PS3 with the PSP. You can store music, videos, and pictures. It's supposed to have a camera and GPS in the very near future. The PSP wails on the DS. Plus the games have alot better graphics. The DS is for kids, The PSP is for adults.
I suppose it all comes down to what you want. If the idea of having modable, inclusive multimedia supergizmo that happens to be very portable is more exciting to you than just a game machine, then get the PSP. You'll probably be very happy with it. It's a great device without the software to support its biggest function -- playing games. If you care more about having a first-rate game platform then the DS is your only option.

I only quoted the passage above so I can point out how patently ridiculous the last sentence is. Its the most erroneous thing I've read all week.

BigMeatballDave
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The DS is for kids, The PSP is for adults.I have to disagree. I play my sons DS, and my nephew's PSP. I think both are great.

irishjayhawk
09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
PSP is somewhat stagnant. It doesn't easily play videos, unlike an iPod. UMDs are horrible. The game selection isn't that good.

DS is on the upswing. Everyone I know who has one loves it. Personally, I find them somewhat kiddie oriented, but I think that's because of the game selection and graphics.

Bottom line: If your gaming, it's probably a draw and depends heavily on what genre you're into. If your playing media (videos/music), don't get either get an iPod (especially with the new ipods out there). If you must, then get a PSP because I don't think a DS plays videos at all.

Valiant
09-05-2007, 07:11 PM
PSP is somewhat stagnant. It doesn't easily play videos, unlike an iPod. UMDs are horrible. The game selection isn't that good.

DS is on the upswing. Everyone I know who has one loves it. Personally, I find them somewhat kiddie oriented, but I think that's because of the game selection and graphics.

Bottom line: If your gaming, it's probably a draw and depends heavily on what genre you're into. If your playing media (videos/music), don't get either get an iPod (especially with the new ipods out there). If you must, then get a PSP because I don't think a DS plays videos at all.

Didn't Sony abandon UMD's??? They were not selling because people were just downloading music to the cards instead...

The PSP is stagnant when it comes to actual PSP games sold.. The modding scene is what everybody does..

The DS is just a great all around gaming system.. Like the Wii, that is all it is for.. playing games.. And tons of them.. And it is cheaper and you do not need as many accessories to enjoy it..

Deberg_1990
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM

Im assuming if you convert DVD's to AVI's it will play those??

As for the UMD disks, Sony made a huge mistake there. Those have turned out to be a huge flop. Nobody wants to buy a DVD movie, then buy a UMD disc as well. I did notice that this new version of the PSP has component video out so if you play a UMD disk, you will be able to output it to a TV set.

irishjayhawk
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Didn't Sony abandon UMD's??? They were not selling because people were just downloading music to the cards instead...

The PSP is stagnant when it comes to actual PSP games sold.. The modding scene is what everybody does..

The DS is just a great all around gaming system.. Like the Wii, that is all it is for.. playing games.. And tons of them.. And it is cheaper and you do not need as many accessories to enjoy it..

Actually, I think you are right about the abandonment of UMDs and it crossed my mind. Still, they're on sale.

I also did forget to mention what you did: PSP 3rd Party stuff. It's where that system really gets its power. That said, I don't know that it's worth it and the only way to find out is to google things you'd like to be able to do with it OR just find out what can be done with it.

And ditto about the DS. Nintendo is about the games not the looks. (For the most part.)

Im assuming if you convert DVD's to AVI's it will play those??

As for the UMD disks, Sony made a huge mistake there. Those have turned out to be a huge flop. Nobody wants to buy a DVD movie, then buy a UMD disc as well. I did notice that this new version of the PSP has component video out so if you play a UMD disk, you will be able to output it to a TV set.

Yes, to your first question. However, you have to buy a Memory Card Pro Duo or whatever name it is now. Those are getting cheaper, like all memory, but you need to figure in the storage of one (or more) of those into the cost of a PSP.

Again, if you want to play videos, look elsewhere.

Fishpicker
09-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I recommend the DS just because the games rock. right now I'm playing Konami classics. I bought it because it has an old school arcade game called Time Pilot. I have been looking for that particular game on any console since 1985.

gameplay always trumps graphics IMO. both the PSP and DS have pretty small displays so it's hardly a factor.

BigChiefFan
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Portable n64 vs. portable PS2, with some PS3 additions. It's a no-brainer for me, but teach his own. Again, I have nothing agianst the DS-it's a nice lil portable gaming experience, but that's all it is-the PSP offers alot more with better graphics. BTW, there are plenty of GREAT games for PSP...
Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Tomb Raider, Madden, Star Wars Battlefront, Lumines, etc...

You can also access your ps3 from anywhere in the world that there is wi-fi hot spot via the PSP. That means you can utilize the harddrive of your ps3 instead of having to tie up memory on your psp.

UMDs-I would also like to mention the UMDs are still very relevant and Sony has a solution-they have started INCLUDING UMDs in with the purchase of DVDs. There is also a way to connect your PSP to your television and watch the umds on your T.V.-some are uniformed of all the capiabilities obviously.

Internet access, music, pictures, videos, games vs. games.

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
UMDs-I would also like to mention the UMDs are still very relevant and Sony has a solution-they have started INCLUDING UMDs in with the purchase of DVDs. Really? I buy a crap load of DVD's and I've never seen this...

Reaper16
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Portable n64 vs. portable PS2, with some PS3 additions. It's a no-brainer for me, but teach his own. Again, I have nothing agianst the DS-it's a nice lil portable gaming experience, but that's all it is-the PSP offers alot more with better graphics. BTW, there are plenty of GREAT games for PSP...
Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Tomb Raider, Madden, Star Wars Battlefront, Lumines, etc...

You can also access your ps3 from anywhere in the world that there is wi-fi hot spot via the PSP. That means you can utilize the harddrive of your ps3 instead of having to tie up memory on your psp.

UMDs-I would also like to mention the UMDs are still very relevant and Sony has a solution-they have started INCLUDING UMDs in with the purchase of DVDs. There is also a way to connect your PSP to your television and watch the umds on your T.V.-some are uniformed of all the capiabilities obviously.

Internet access, music, pictures, videos, games vs. games.
How are UMDs relevant? Hell, how is the PS3 relevant for that matter?

As far as the games, uh, the GTAs aren't even PSP exclusive, and God of War isn't out yet. I'll give you Lumines, and some other good games that you didn't even mention, but I'd hardly call the PSP library "great."

Crashride
09-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I get the feeling that people like the DS because it has all the old games like mario and what not. yall oldies are reliveing your video game prime :)

KcMizzou
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I get the feeling that people like the DS because it has all the old games like mario and what not. yall oldies are reliveing your video game prime :)Heheh, that might be part of it. :)

Reaper16
09-07-2007, 12:25 AM
I get the feeling that people like the DS because it has all the old games like mario and what not. yall oldies are reliveing your video game prime :)
And new games like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Puzzle Quest, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, the newer Castlevanias, Meteos, Elite Beat Agents, Planet Puzzle League, ect.

Guru
09-07-2007, 12:35 AM
And new games like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Puzzle Quest, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, the newer Castlevanias, Meteos, Elite Beat Agents, Planet Puzzle League, ect.
Hotel Dusk was great. They need more novel based games like that.

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Really? I buy a crap load of DVD's and I've never seen this...
Yes,really. Here's some links...

http://playstation.about.com/b/a/243241.htm

http://bluezhift.proliphus.com/2006/02/09/sony-to-bundle-umds-with-dvds/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=14604

I think it's a good idea on their part.

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 10:45 AM
How are UMDs relevant? Hell, how is the PS3 relevant for that matter?

As far as the games, uh, the GTAs aren't even PSP exclusive, and God of War isn't out yet. I'll give you Lumines, and some other good games that you didn't even mention, but I'd hardly call the PSP library "great."Relevant to what? Your question is out of left field. Again, I ask, relevant to what? Yes, GTA is EXLUSIVE TO HANDHELDS, which is what we are discussing.

Reaper16
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Relevant to what? Your question is out of left field. Again, I ask, relevant to what? Yes, GTA is EXLUSIVE TO HANDHELDS, which is what we are discussing.
I'm just saying that using UMDs and comparisons to the PS3 aren't going to improve the PSP's image any. Saying "Oh, yeah? Well, PSP can play movies on a format that nobody cares about and has connectivity with a console that nobody owns" is not going to make the PSP look any better.

I think that it's important to note that the two GTA games on PSP are available on PS2 because it weakens the game library in comparison to the DS. Sure, like you said, they are exclusive to handhelds. But I'm willing to be a lot of gamers saw that the games were coming to PS2 and said "Good. Now I don't have to buy a PSP to play those games." Exclusive titles are a major selling point, and two of PSP's biggest were quickly ported to PS2, reducing their significance on the overall game library.

Ebolapox
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM

wow, guess that runs their 'great idea' tally for the last eight quarters to, what, 1?

seriously, when a gaming department is losing as much cash as they lost last quarter (psp is losing money hand over fist and the ps3...heh, I don't even need to elaborate), a company obviously isn't running on all four cylinders.

Fruit Ninja
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
PoS3 is in trouble. 360 is still selling 2x as many units. Ps2 is selling more then the PoS3 still.

Sept 25th we will see a nice boost in 360's

Ebolapox
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
what's up with sep 25? (I've been getting my ass kicked by school and work of late, haven't kept up...)

Fruit Ninja
09-13-2007, 09:27 PM
what's up with sep 25? (I've been getting my ass kicked by school and work of late, haven't kept up...)
Halo3

Guru
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Halo3
The sooner the better too. :banghead:

Valiant
09-14-2007, 12:29 AM

From March 28th, PlayStation Portable owners will be able to purchase DVD-UMD bundles for movies The Grudge, Resident Evil, Underworld, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and The Terminator. April 25th will see the arrival of Ghostbusters, Mad Max, The Fifth Element and Snatch, and more bundles will follow in May.

The bundles will be priced at USD 28.95. This is a price point which is likely to appeal to consumers - in the States, new DVD releases generally sell for between USD 20-25, while UMD movies carry an RRP of USD 29.99.

Speaking to Reuters, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment president Benjamin Feingold said: "A lot of people have DVD players and also have PSPs, and this way for one price they can get one movie and play it back on both formats."

Yeah customers really want to pay 29$ just to get a UMD of the same movie they just bought for their dvd player... Cannot believe Sony believes their own shit when they release these statements..

Retail prices for a dvd by them 20-25$
Umd dvd:30$

Buy a prepackaged deal for 29$.. Are you ****ing serious...

Oh and all those movies listed above were being sold at Circuit City for a .01penny each before I got laid off...

Umd's are working out well for them indeed...

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2007, 01:04 AM
PoS3 is in trouble. 360 is still selling 2x as many units. Ps2 is selling more then the PoS3 still.

Sept 25th we will see a nice boost in 360'sI heard the Wii was outselling the PS3, 6-to-1.

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Halo3

heh, that's a pretty solid 'boost'

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 09:15 AM
I've had a 360 for a year or so, but I've still never played any of the Halo games.

I'm not much for online play, is it even worth playing otherwise?

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I picked up a PSP lite yesterday and love it, I probably played it for a good 4 hours yesterday.

I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.

I'm not aware that either of these are available on DS, but of course, I bought them for nostalgic purposes (FFT and Symphony of the Night). I also have a DS. I like it OK, but i'm not a big fan of the touch screen as much. It tires out my thumb.

Reaper16
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I picked up a PSP lite yesterday and love it, I probably played it for a good 4 hours yesterday.

I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.

I'm not aware that either of these are available on DS, but of course, I bought them for nostalgic purposes (FFT and Symphony of the Night). I also have a DS. I like it OK, but i'm not a big fan of the touch screen as much. It tires out my thumb.
If I were to obtain a PSP today those would definitely be the first two games I'd get. FF Tactics seems like it was designed all along to be a portable expereince; my copy of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is almost always crammed into the GBA slot on my DS so I can still regularly play it. Castlevania, too, is bad-ass as a portable game, as the GBA and to a lesser extent, the DS games proved.

PSP's game library is getting a lot better. The upcoming God of War PSP title looks pretty damn nice.

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 12:27 PM
If I were to obtain a PSP today those would definitely be the first two games I'd get. FF Tactics seems like it was designed all along to be a portable expereince; my copy of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is almost always crammed into the GBA slot on my DS so I can still regularly play it. Castlevania, too, is bad-ass as a portable game, as the GBA and to a lesser extent, the DS games proved.

PSP's game library is getting a lot better. The upcoming God of War PSP title looks pretty damn nice.
I tried out FFT-A, didn't care for it too much for some reason. I guess I was expecting to be more like the original.

What's funny is I generally steer towards buying remakes of things. I don't have very much interest in any of the new titles.

KC2004
11-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Just bought my 9 year old a PSP for her birthday today and the thing just kicks ass. Had her hooked up through my wireless and surfing in about a minute. So many options with this from mp3s, video, movies, surfing and games its amazing. With the PSP and game I bought her its the best $225.39 I have spent in awhile. Need to go get her a memory card tomorrow. All I can say is thank god I can't seem to find a Wii to buy cause thats what I was gonna buy her. Maybe for Xmas.

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Just bought my 9 year old a PSP for her birthday today and the thing just kicks ass. Had her hooked up through my wireless and surfing in about a minute. So many options with this from mp3s, video, movies, surfing and games its amazing. With the PSP and game I bought her its the best $225.39 I have spent in awhile. Need to go get her a memory card tomorrow. All I can say is thank god I can't seem to find a Wii to buy cause thats what I was gonna buy her. Maybe for Xmas.That's what I was trying to tell others-it's really a pretty cool little gadget. It offers alot more than the DS, media wise. Again, the DS is cool, the PSP just delivers more of what I want in a portable gaming experience. It just offers more features making it worthwhile to take with you. Music, videos, on-line, plus some really cool games.

Saulbadguy
08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Holy shit - I just modded my PSP Slim with 4.01 m33-2. Oh, the possibilities.

So far i've got the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and CPS2 (OH HELL YES) emulators working successfully, and I even got a few Playstation 1 games on it. I literally hadn't picked it up in a month or two, but the homebrew for PSP is simply amazing.

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM

So far i've got the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and CPS2 (OH HELL YES) emulators working successfully, and I even got a few Playstation 1 games on it. I literally hadn't picked it up in a month or two, but the homebrew for PSP is simply amazing.

That's really been the only thing the PSP had going for it.

I had one when they first came out but I sold it because I didn't want to wait for the homebrew scene to explode. They had a sweet iTunes controller back in the day. Now it's not as cool because of the iPhone/Touch

Basileus777
08-24-2008, 01:52 PM
The newest PSP 2000s are pandora proof as well, its not just the new model coming out this year. If you are buying a PSP and want to be sure that you can install custom firmware, then buy one of the bundles (ie God of War) to make sure it doesn't have the new ta-88 v3 pandora proof motherboard.

There is some nice homebrew, but the reason custom firmware is popular is because with it you don't have to pay for games. But the DS has a pretty large homebrew community as well, homebrew isn't a reason to chose the PSP.

unlurking
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
That's really been the only thing the PSP had going for it.

I had one when they first came out but I sold it because I didn't want to wait for the homebrew scene to explode. They had a sweet iTunes controller back in the day. Now it's not as cool because of the iPhone/Touch
I dunno, I kinda think being able to play PS3 games while you're out of the house over wifi is pretty slick.

Guru
08-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Hell, I am still on 3.40 ea.

Saulbadguy
08-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I dunno, I kinda think being able to play PS3 games while you're out of the house over wifi is pretty slick.

You can't play PS3 games - only certain PSN games, and PS1 games.

Saulbadguy
08-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Hell, I am still on 3.40 ea.

I honestly don't know all the differences between the builds yet, but I've got everything I need to work so far. Filled up an 8 gig memory card worth of crap already - although the PS1 games take up the most space.

Guru
08-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I honestly don't know all the differences between the builds yet, but I've got everything I need to work so far. Filled up an 8 gig memory card worth of crap already - although the PS1 games take up the most space.
I have been considering upgrading. Just haven't really needed to as yet. I would be curious to see what new homebrew they have out.

unlurking
08-27-2008, 04:34 AM
You can't play PS3 games - only certain PSN games, and PS1 games.
Yes you can, at least some, plus PSN games.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" height="392" width="480">
I think the last list I saw was pretty much all PSN games, and there were supposed to be more PS3 games coming out to support it. </object>

Buck
02-16-2010, 07:25 AM
I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite yesterday and 3 games (Scribblenauts, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's World (or something like that), and Pokemon Silver (used)).

Fucking A, I haven't played Pokemon since I was in 6th grade (1998), but that game is addicting. I started playing Scribblenauts and got through the first two worlds.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys could recommend any games.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite yesterday and 3 games (Scribblenauts, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's World (or something like that), and Pokemon Silver (used)).

Fucking A, I haven't played Pokemon since I was in 6th grade (1998), but that game is addicting. I started playing Scribblenauts and got through the first two worlds.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys could recommend any games.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Trauma Center
Chrono Trigger

Tango&Cash
02-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Trying to figure out which one i want to buy. Please offer up your opinions here. Thanks...

How about neither, they both suck ass.

Go buy a gameboy and go oldschool. You'll have more fun.

Buck
02-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Trauma Center
Chrono Trigger

Why the hell is this game so expensive?

$95 on Amazon.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Why the hell is this game so expensive?

$95 on Amazon.

Wow - didn't realize it was so "rare" now. Copies on ebay going for around 30-50 bucks. I should sell mine now.

Buck
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow - didn't realize it was so "rare" now. Copies on ebay going for around 30-50 bucks. I should sell mine now.

Yeah, crazy. I bought one on Amazon for $30 + $3 shipping, which was the cheapest. Everything else was like $50.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, crazy. I bought one on Amazon for $30 + $3 shipping, which was the cheapest. Everything else was like $50.

The first one, right?

Buck
02-16-2010, 01:19 PM
The first one, right?

Yeah, the one without any extra subtitles.

Saulbadguy
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Played it yet?

Saulbadguy
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Dragon Quest IX.

KCtotheSB
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
PSP, by far.

Know I say everything below in my opinion, so DS fans don't get butthurt...

I owned a DS and while there are some alright games such as New Super Mario Bros. and Advance Wars, the mass majority of what's out for the portable system is crap. I was shocked to see that even the new Zeldas are dogshit when compared to Nintendo's past efforts. I won't lower the bar to say that the "PSP is for adults and the DS is for kids" because if you enjoy a game, then who gives a f**k what it is or who's it's main audience is?

Everyone dogs the PSP for having "no games" and I find that simply untrue. Mega Man X: Maverick Hunter, God of War, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, FF Tactics, Metal Gear Solid PoOps and Peace Walker....the entire lineup just better suits my gaming tastes.

If you mod your system and don't mind going the route of adding ROMs, you can add ANY Playstation, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Game Boy Advance, Super Nintendo (with a few minor exceptions) or regular Nintendo game to your library. Even the N64 is getting support, albeit minor, and some of those games are at least playable.

Add in the fact that any movie is watchable if you convert it to a format the PSP recognizes. (Shit, I've downloaded porn and converted it to being playable on the PSP.) You can listen to music, hold files, view pictures...there's a plethora of shit you can do on the thing other than play video games. Aside from comparing games between the two systems, the ability to do MORE was probably the main selling point for me.

I invested heavily in bulking up my PSP to be a system that does everything. If you are serious, you can make your PSP into a f**kin' war machine :D

TrickyNicky
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Dragon Quest IX.

FTMFW