09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
For anyone that might enjoy a Good Audio book

http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/09/cs-lewis-screwtape-letters.html

SLAG
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Heres the PDF to follow along if anyone likes as well

Mr Luzcious
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Lewis was an Anglican right? Kind of odd to be found on a site known for free catholic mp3 links.

Mr Luzcious
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
NTTAWWT, its just odd.

SLAG
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Lewis was an Anglican right? Kind of odd to be found on a site known for free catholic mp3 links.
Found this on wikipedia.. not the best source but meh...

After his conversion to theism in 1929, Lewis converted to Christianity in 1931. Following a long discussion and late-night walk with his close friends Tolkien and Hugo Dyson, he records making a specific commitment to Christian belief while on his way to the zoo with his brother. He became a member of the Church of England — somewhat to the disappointment of the devout Catholic Tolkien, who had hoped he would convert to Roman Catholicism (Carpenter 2006).

A committed Anglican, Lewis upheld a largely orthodox Anglican theology, though in his apologetic writings, he made an effort to avoid espousing any one denomination. In his later writings, some believe he proposed ideas such as purification of venial sins after death in purgatory (The Great Divorce) and mortal sin (The Screwtape Letters), which are generally considered to be Catholic teachings. Regardless, Lewis considered himself an entirely orthodox Anglican to the end of his life, reflecting that he had initially attended church only to receive communion and had been repelled by the hymns and the poor quality of the sermons. He later came to consider himself honoured by worshipping with men of faith who came in shabby clothes and work boots and who sang all the verses to all the hymns.

Also that site will have some Non Catholic MP3's as long as they are "Orthodox" In Nature...

Thats the thing with Lewis.. even though he was not Catholic he was very "Orthodox"

If you like him you may Also like G.K Chesterton

Mr Luzcious
09-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Found this on wikipedia.. not the best source but meh...

Also that site will have some Non Catholic MP3's as long as they are "Orthodox" In Nature...

Thats the thing with Lewis.. even though he was not Catholic he was very "Orthodox"

If you like him you may Also like G.K Chesterton

Yeah, I do like him. But I would hardly compare him with Chesterton.

luv
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Believe it or not, I own the book.

SLAG
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I do like him. But I would hardly compare him with Chesterton.

:hmmm:

This is where teh interweb sux

I dont know if thats a Compliment to Chesterton or not

Mr Luzcious
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Believe it or not, I own the book.

As do I, this is still interesting though.

And why do all audio books sound exactly the same?

Mr Luzcious
09-04-2007, 11:40 PM
:hmmm:

This is where teh interweb sux

I dont know if thats a Compliment to Chesterton or not

It wasn't a compliment or a diss, I'm just saying, in my mind, they are very different.

Cochise
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Fantastic - straight onto the mp3 player.

Jenson71
09-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the link SLAG.

InChiefsHell
09-05-2007, 08:41 AM
This is awesome! I'm actually about half way through the book now, but it's hard for me to find time to read this time of year. This is going right on to the MP3! Excellent and thanks for the link!

SLAG
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm to the 2nd MP3 this is pretty good

John Cleese does a Great job of reading...