PDA

View Full Version : redhed's in Amsterdam!

redhed
05-20-2001, 03:56 AM
Greetings Planeteers!!

Got in town yesterday. Wotta freakshow!! Whatever you've heard, it's probably true. Hash/weed bars, live sex shows, skinny houses, canals, bicycles, it's all here.

Gotta go for now, riding a bike to Van Gogh museum.
I'll check back in later tonight. It's just about noon here.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Hey, Amsterdam's got an NFLE team!! (the Admirals) Koole!!

47mack
05-20-2001, 04:27 AM
Have fun and don't get in too much trouble!!

redhed
05-20-2001, 07:09 AM
Rented a bicycle and rode around A-dam today. Fun stuff. You've really got to pay attention around here because there is so much stuff going on and you could get nailed or nail someone very easily.

So many little places 'round here. Seems like there is a little cafe on just about every street corner. You really don't even need a car or a bicycle because you could find everything you need to live within walking distance.

This city is very international. I can't get over how many people are speaking different languages other than Dutch or English.

Time is running out, the keyboard locks up when your timer expires.

That is all from "Hunter"s"!! Cafe bar/internet dealie.

And mack, I'm always careful.

;)

TCB
05-20-2001, 07:49 AM
Amsterdam a city that lays it all out on the table.
Soft drugs are legal.
Prostitution is legal.
The homeless are cared for.
A city that has a population of 750,000 but only has 3 or 4 homicides a year.
Hmmm...interesting.

ken man
thinks our gov't could learn from others

shakesthecat
05-20-2001, 09:02 AM
As much as I'd love to go there myself, the old lady is afraid I wouldn't come back.

Have fun redhead!:D

Frazod
05-20-2001, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a great time, Red. Have fun!

philfree
05-20-2001, 10:49 AM
redhed, So you were at a bar that features internet access as well as drinks, food and what ever else they serve. Cool! I had that idea here while back. Have a bar that supplies its guests with computers and internet access. You could chat with patrons in the bar or go to your favorite BB and chat with the folks there about what ever it is they wish to chat about. Could be a fun way to meet the opposite sex! Do they have bars like this in the US? And redhed what's it like in a hash house?

PhilFree:cool:

redhed
05-20-2001, 11:49 AM
The hash bars are sort of like any other bar. There is a wide variety of decor, atmoshpere, and clientele. The ones I've seen are kind of touristy, but nice places. Some (most) of them have net access or something else (soft drinks, snacks) but alot of them don't serve alcohol. There is some kind of special rule about cannabinoids & liquor.

Some of the cafes' have free net, if yer drinkin' too. The one I'm in right now is that way. It's basically a bar with net service.
Some places have these little coin boxes where you put 2.5 Gu for about 10 mins.

As I type this, I'm enjoying a Heineken. Everyplace here has it. I think I'm going to tour the brewery.

One more night here and then off to Germany! Hamburg, possibly Frankfurt. Don't know yet. I vote Hamburg.

'ter

DaKCManAP
05-20-2001, 12:02 PM
I'll be in Amsterdam in mid-July for a week and then in London for the following week. How's the food there? I hear the Greek and Indonesian food is supposed to be very good. Also, are there any must-see places? I definately plan on the Van Gogh museum and the Anne Frank house.

redhed
05-20-2001, 12:17 PM
KCman, there is a lot of food here. Many Greek places, many of many different countries.

They have what they call rice taffel here. It is an Indones. thing, with many courses. Haven't tried one yet, but I will before I leave. This is supposed to be one of the things that the Dutch just love. Go figure.

A-dam is cool.

Slammin' Heinies and surfin',

redhed
05-20-2001, 12:18 PM

Bwana
05-20-2001, 02:19 PM
Red: I was there 6 years ago for 10 days. Interesting area around the Hardrock huh? ;>) Just make sure you wear your hat and have fun!

redhed
05-21-2001, 05:52 AM
I'm sitting in the internetcafe.nl , which is just across the street from my hotel.

Rode the bike all the way down to Oostpark which was only a 1/2 hour at a wuss pace. The canals are the shiznit. I think I'm gonna go on one of those canal boat tours later today. It's only about 13:30 right now, so that leaves plenty of time. I just might go during the evening; I hear that is pretty nifty also.
It is amazing how they get these fairly big boats around in the canals. There are also people living on houseboats in the canals. I wnoder what the zoning is on that stuff, hmm? Some are very nice, other look like something outa Swamp Thing .
Plants growin' all wild 'n shiz.

After riding throught the red light dist. a few times, it is clear to me that you have to be pretty picky. There is an incredible variety of flavors to choose from. Haven't done any nitty gritty just yet, I'll probably wait until this upcoming weekend.

Met a coupla people from Israel last night. Wild guys. Fresh off from spending about 3 mos in Bogata. Interesting stories. There seems to be a bit of pro-tutin' down there too.

Decided to stay in Holland for another day and forego the Germany trip. The train ride to anywhere neat is about 14 hrs and I don't feel like going on another sojourn.

Is has been another sunny day, but still a bit on the chilly side.
They tell me this is just lovely weather for this time of year. Fine with me, at least it ain't raining.

We've been taing some pics with the digicam, and we'll try to post some pics later. Saw my first windwill today, and this one was huge. I don't think it was operational.

'ter peeps. Gonna ride around some more.

Mark M
05-21-2001, 06:16 AM
You sir, are a lucky man ...

MM
~~Jealous