PDA

View Full Version : Led Zepplin Reunion Tour Starting in November

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I never thought I would see the friggen day. Should have done this 20 years ago. I'm not much into seeing fossils play but I'm definately going to this one.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

OK, moving on to happier stories, such as...dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a Zeppelin tour that'll hopefully kick off in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars (more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free...

StcChief
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow saw them in 1997 Chicago Stadium

Page and Plant 1998.

should be cool if they come thru STL.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Awsume. They should make a killing, even if they are too old for this sort of thing now.

BTW....Sebastian Bach is trying to become a rapper? WTF??

Halfcan
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
I will be there-if they come through KC.

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I will be there-if they come through KC.

If they come to California at all I'll be there.

tk13
09-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd like to know where they got this information. From what I've read, including the NME article... the rumor is it's a one-off show at the O2 arena in London. And at this point that's still a rumor. The NME article was from a "source" that was a fan who asked Robert Plant for his autograph, and Plant supposedly admitted this information.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30908

I'd hold my breath on anything huge taking place just yet.

memyselfI
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Only my love for Robert Plant and Jimmy Page could inspire me to post on a thread by the OP...

This will be the second time I've seen Page (both times with Plant), the fifth time I've seen RP, and the first time I've seen Jonesy. This will be a big deal for my family because we are all major Zepheads. We took a family vacation in CO a few years ago just to see Robert Plant. I've been to Chicago to see him as well. I hope they come somewhere close to KS if not then we'll travel.

Buck
09-08-2007, 04:22 PM
If they come to California at all I'll be there.

Same here brother.

Adept Havelock
09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Excellent news. Hope it comes to KC, otherwise I may be traveling. Hopefully it's not just a one-off show.

beavis
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow, if they are really playing the O2 in November, I'm going to be finding a way to get tickets.

Cochise
09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd really love to see this, who wouldn't? I bet the tickets are going to be off the charts. I'm not sure how much would be too much to see this band back together though.

memyselfI
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I'd really love to see this, who wouldn't? I bet the tickets are going to be off the charts. I'm not sure how much would be too much to see this band back together though.

I would be shocked if they pull a Van Halen as far as ticket prices. They have all the money they need. I think they are just itching to tour so that another generation of kids will be fans for life. This tour is for their grandkids. :)

Cochise
09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I would be shocked if they pull a Van Halen as far as ticket prices. They have all the money they need. I think they are just itching to tour so that another generation of kids will be fans for life. This tour is for their grandkids. :)

Note to self: If they come to the Sprint Center, remember to wear garlic necklace.

:Poke:

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Only my love for Robert Plant and Jimmy Page could inspire me to post on a thread by the OP...

This will be the second time I've seen Page (both times with Plant), the fifth time I've seen RP, and the first time I've seen Jonesy. This will be a big deal for my family because we are all major Zepheads. We took a family vacation in CO a few years ago just to see Robert Plant. I've been to Chicago to see him as well. I hope they come somewhere close to KS if not then we'll travel.

OP? ROFL I'm sure you would tell me but you got me ignore obviously. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
09-08-2007, 04:46 PM

don't forget your kids then

StcChief
09-08-2007, 04:48 PM
don't forget your kids then
ROFL no guns allowed.

Mile High Mania
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
If this happens, they'll charge every bit as much or more than what VH is doing...

beach tribe
09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
If this happens, they'll charge every bit as much or more than what VH is doing...
More.

tk13
09-08-2007, 05:08 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003637012

Led Zeppelin Announcement Expected Next Week
Led Zeppelin

September 07, 2007, 3:35 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Talk of a Led Zeppelin reunion just refuses to go away.

Billboard reported in July that the band may get together for a proposed tribute to the late producer/record mogul Ahmet Ertegun at the O2 in London in November,

Now on Ledzeppelin.com the date 11.13.07 mysteriously appears with the familiar Zep symbols. And several people saw the band touring the O2 during Prince's recent stand at the new 20,000-seat London venue. A press conference next Wednesday (Sept. 12) in London may clear everything up.

There has been talk that tour producers AEG Live and Michael Cohl's CPI (Rolling Stones, Genesis, Barbra Streisand) have put in offers on a Zep tour featuring founding members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones with late drummer John Bonham's son Jason on drums. But it is also well known in the industry that standing offers have been on the table for a Led Zeppelin tour for more than a decade.

Nov. 13 also has another significance: it's the release date of a new Atlantic/Rhino two-disc, 24-track best-of set, "Mothership." Additionally, a deluxe reissue of the soundtrack to the 1976 concert film "The Song Remains the Same" with previously unreleased material and a new DVD edition of that movie will arrive Nov. 20 via Atlantic/Rhino and Warner Home Video, respectively.

StcChief
09-08-2007, 06:00 PM
So it could be a promo scam for re-release of material.

BigChiefFan
09-08-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003637012

Led Zeppelin Announcement Expected Next Week
Led Zeppelin

September 07, 2007, 3:35 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Talk of a Led Zeppelin reunion just refuses to go away.

Billboard reported in July that the band may get together for a proposed tribute to the late producer/record mogul Ahmet Ertegun at the O2 in London in November,

Now on Ledzeppelin.com the date 11.13.07 mysteriously appears with the familiar Zep symbols. And several people saw the band touring the O2 during Prince's recent stand at the new 20,000-seat London venue. A press conference next Wednesday (Sept. 12) in London may clear everything up.

There has been talk that tour producers AEG Live and Michael Cohl's CPI (Rolling Stones, Genesis, Barbra Streisand) have put in offers on a Zep tour featuring founding members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones with late drummer John Bonham's son Jason on drums. But it is also well known in the industry that standing offers have been on the table for a Led Zeppelin tour for more than a decade.

Nov. 13 also has another significance: it's the release date of a new Atlantic/Rhino two-disc, 24-track best-of set, "Mothership." Additionally, a deluxe reissue of the soundtrack to the 1976 concert film "The Song Remains the Same" with previously unreleased material and a new DVD edition of that movie will arrive Nov. 20 via Atlantic/Rhino and Warner Home Video, respectively.
I believe AEG is part of the Sprint center,if so, that's wonderful news. Looks like K.C. will have the Zep show if they do indeed tour. Kick-ass.

ChiefsCountry
09-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I believe AEG is part of the Sprint center,if so, that's wonderful news. Looks like K.C. will have the Zep show if they do indeed tour. Kick-ass.

But AEG also has arena deals for LA, London, and in New York. Sprint Center gets a date if the tour is a big one, if it a few select cities I dont know.

StcChief
09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
But AEG also has arena deals for LA, London, and in New York. Sprint Center gets a date if the tour is a big one, if it a few select cities I dont know.

I was thinking that as well this may be a big city short tour.

memyselfI
09-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Perhaps. I just know that the past three times I've seen RP his tickets have been less than $40 a piece. And the last show was with the WHO.

I could be wrong but I just don't think they are going to go over the top with the pricing.

|Zach|
09-08-2007, 10:06 PM
About a month ago there was a Led Zepplin cover band at the Uptown supporting some other group.

All females...and lesbians...their name? Lez Zepplin.

Dartgod
09-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Has the restraining order expired already?

Deberg_1990
09-08-2007, 10:37 PM

hahah....thats funny

Cochise
09-08-2007, 10:59 PM

I think they'll be able to charge Rolling Stones prices or more.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Awesome news. Sign me up.

|Zach|
09-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Awesome news. Sign me up.
http://www.seroxatusergroup.org.uk/petition.jpg

StcChief
09-09-2007, 05:41 AM
About a month ago there was a Led Zepplin cover band at the Uptown supporting some other group.

heard of them.

Local good cover in STL "Houses of the Holy" only thing missing is the giant Gong.

StcChief
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
seems like a torrent has surfaced of LZ 12/10 London show on mininova

Brock
12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I think they'll be able to charge Rolling Stones prices or more.

More. Way more. Pretty much everybody who wanted to has seen the Stones.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 01:29 PM

I saw them at voodoo music festival in new orleans (when I saw rage against the machine)... they weren't too horrible as far as cover bands go.

StillHonest
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Believe it when its real. Till then its just another rumor to fire up the gullible.

Kraut
12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
:hail:
I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
But AEG also has arena deals for LA, London, and in New York. Sprint Center gets a date if the tour is a big one, if it a few select cities I dont know.Zepplin may be in their 60's but the footage I saw from the concert prove to me they can still bring it. Fossils or not I'll be there. I'll pay $250.00 or more for tickets.

AEG is also putting a lot of effort into promoting the Sprint Center. Remember they have $50 million of their own money in the place and are responsible for any deficits.

I think KC would have a great chance if they do a 20-30 USA city tour.

StcChief
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Zepplin may be in their 60's but the footage I saw from the concert prove to me they can still bring it. Fossils or not I'll be there. I'll pay $250.00 or more for tickets.

AEG is also putting a lot of effort into promoting the Sprint Center. Remember they have $50 million of their own money in the place and are responsible for any deficits.

I think KC would have a great chance if they do a 20-30 USA city tour.I would probably go again.....I don't know about $250...
after seeing them in college at Chicago stadium in 1977.

Page and Plant in 1998 at Keil Center in STL. my boy's first concert at age 10.
A complete experience... as we were "up wind".

BIG_DADDY
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Has the restraining order expired already?

LMAO

stevieray
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I've already got the thumbs up from the wife if it happens.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 11:54 AM

Don't get all angry at me for pointing out your own hypocracy or the fact that you say some real stupid shit and hate men.

Who said terrorists were freedom fighters? That would be you.

Who said the government has no right to tell a woman what she can do with her body when it came to killing her own baby but changed her tune when it came prostitution because some loser guys would get laid? That would be you also.

Who is the one who wants to see them throw away the key on Michael Vick and never allow him to play the game of football again because he killed some dogs?That would be the same person who condones breed specific genocide for the entire breed he killed only a few of. That would be you again Denise. The fact that you want to act like a victim because I have owned you from the first time I pulled the covers on your self riteous BS doesn't change a thing. Keep acting like you're taking the high road though, it friggen cracks me up. LMAO

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Not looking so good......:deevee:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/zeppelin_dc

LONDON (Reuters) - Hopes of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour faded on Friday when singer Robert Plant said he would tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss in May.

BIG_DADDY
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Hopes of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour faded on Friday when singer Robert Plant said he would tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss in May.

Whatever, I never dreamed Plant would end up being the asshole who held out and wouldn't do this. Nobody gives a rats ass if you're touring with Alison Krauss Mr. Honey Dripper.

memyselfI
12-17-2007, 06:40 PM

I do not see a tour happening. I've said it from the beginning.

Why would they? They've exorcised the demons from their two previous appearances post Bonzo's death. They received universally positive, if not glowing and fawning, reviews. And, a single show is much easier to ace than would be an extended tour. Their ages and their limitations would appear over time thereby diminishing the glow of immortality that they currently are enjoying.

They have the public where they want them. Demanding more. There is really no reason to tour.

Sadly. :(