PDA

View Full Version : **** you Carl.

Ari Chi3fs
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Seriously...

Thanks for the 5 year plan.
Thanks for always hiring 'yes men' coaches.
Thanks for developing strong QBs.
Thanks for drafting so wonderfully.
Thanks for all the playoff wins.
Thanks for getting rid of Rich Gannon.
Thanks for getting rid of Nick Lowery.
Thanks for being an asshole to John Tait.
Thanks for keeping the seats full at Arrowhead
Thanks for 25$ dollar parking.
Thanks for the trophy case full of superbowl trophies.
Thanks for letting Joe Horn leave town.
Thanks for giving San Diego Donnie Edwards.
Thanks for Greg Robinson.
Thanks for squandering our great offense of 2002-2005 with the worst defense ever.
Thanks for squandering our great defense of the 90's with some of the worst offense ever.
Thanks for wasting Will Shields Career.
Thanks for wasting Tony Gonzalez' Career.
Thanks for wasting all the season tickets holders money.
Thanks for selling your soul for money.

Just get the **** out of town, and then, Ill be sincerely thankful.

And take Herm and the rest of your shitty front office bitches, and this shitty coaching staff with your sorry ass.

CupidStunt
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Great thread.

You could've started this three hours ago, too. Wouldn't have been any less valid.

We all knew this was coming.

Sully
09-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Dear Clark Hunt,
Your father did some great things for this city. Things for which we will all be grateful for a long time. However, one of his fatal flaws may have been his blind loyalty... a great virtue when dealing personally with people, but not the greatest when results in business are not being shown. So I implore you to, with the base of great traits your father must've handed down to you, build upon those and show no fear in cleaning this house of Carl and any other holdovers who are content simply to keep us in contention year after year. That was great in 1988, but in 2007, we, as Chiefs fans, are ready to take a step forward, rather than constantly riding the Carl treadmill.
Thank you for your time...

MichaelH
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Until there's a 4-12 season, nobody will care. There will be a rally, probably halfway through the season and the Chefs will finish 7-9, 8-8 or if the stars line up, 9-7. Then there will be hope next year. Again.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Carl gave the fans what they wanted..."hope"

win now

Hound333
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I think this is the year he's gone. I gotta have "hope".

baitism
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Until fans gets smart and start canceling their season tickets and not going to games, the front office is not going to care.

It's all about the $$$, not the trophies.

memyselfI
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Seriously...

And take Herm and the rest of your shitty front office bitches, and this shitty coaching staff with your sorry ass.

Bravo!

stumppy
09-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I'd just like to add **** you Carl.

Dave Lane
09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
No **** you Herm for taking the #1 ranked offense for 5 years and taking it to the bottom of the league in 1.1 years WOW cool!!!

Dave

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I have to say, I feel the same sentiment. Carl's act has worn thin. This ass-clown has had more time than EVERY GM in ALL of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS and his ineptness continues. and ownership fully supports him. **** you, Carl, you shitty, no talent-finding GM. We've had 3 superstars that he's drafted-three. That's beyond pathetic-that's abyssmal and yet this ****khole is still gainfully employed. Absolutely pathetic.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Loyal fans, one and all!

We suck this year but I seem to remember that a few of you were big on trading Green. There were even more of you big on Huard as a starter.

This team can be better if they had an offensive coordinator and a HC that wanted to have an offense.

Carl is not the blame for the game, this one is totally on the HC and his attempt to have a ball control team as well as his inability to pick the tallent that he has available in camp. He cut people that could have had an impact on the team.

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Loyal fans, one and all!

We suck this year but I seem to remember that a few of you were big on trading Green. There were even more of you big on Huard as a starter.

This team can be better if they had an offensive coordinator and a HC that wanted to have an offense.

Carl is not the blame for the game, this one is totally on the HC and his attempt to have a ball control team as well as his inability to pick the tallent that he has available in camp. He cut people that could have had an impact on the team.
Bullshit. Carl has had his fair share to turn this ship wreck around and has FAILED and failed for 18 years straight. Any other owner that set WINNING as the main goal would have shittcanned him long ago. Take your butterflies and teddy bears and discuss this with the tooth fairy. This thread is about Carl sucking shit-anybody with half a braincell knows he's the common denominator. The man hasn't had a balanced team in a DECADE. His team hasn't WON a playof game in FOURTEEN years. That's ineptness. That's pathetic and it's also inexcusable.He doesn't know talent. He's drafted THREE superstars in 18 ****ing years-that's abyssmal. Wake up, Gretz.

ChiefaRoo
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Bullshit. Carl has had his fair share to turn this ship wreck around and has FAILED and failed for 18 years straight. Any other owner that set WINNING as the main goal would have shittcanned him long ago. Take your butterflies and teddy bears and discuss this with the tooth fairy. This thread is about Carl sucking shit-anybody with half a braincell knows he's the common denominator. The man hasn't had a balanced team in a DECADE. His team hasn't WON a playof game in FOURTEEN years. That's ineptness. That's pathetic and it's also inexcusable.He doesn't know talent. He's drafted THREE superstars in 18 ****ing years-that's abyssmal. Wake up, Gretz.

You sir are correct.

GoHuge
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Going to be this bad and worse all year long. Get ready!!

farmerchief
09-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Until fans gets smart and start canceling their season tickets and not going to games, the front office is not going to care.

It's all about the $$$, not the trophies.
I didnt purchase my season tickets this year, but dont think Carl will ever notice. Only one that will is my wife, as she monitors the checkbook!:-)

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Again, **** you, Carl.

ChiefaRoo
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Yes, **** him, **** him all to hell.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Sure, let's go back to the way it was before Carl came to KC.

I don't know if you remember what it was like but it was worse than the game looked today and it went on for 17 years. We may not have done what we all wanted but we have been in the run virtually every year.

If you are going to live and die with this I recommend you look for some other sport that is not going to give you ulcers.

You do have to remember a few things:
1. It is a game.
2. It is not your livelyhood.
3. You are not in the position to make the decisions you are wanting to make, if you were as good as you think you would be working for some NFL team. (I'm pretty sure that you are not there.)
4. Look at this team this year as it is. A very bad offensive team with a very bad HC.

Ari Chi3fs
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, DaveLane, good one....

**** you Carl for Hiring Herm, and his High-Powered Offense killing coaching!! woo hoo.

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 03:25 PM

I don't know if you remember what it was like but it was worse than the game looked today and it went on for 17 years. We may not have done what we all wanted but we have been in the run virtually every year.

If you are going to live and die with this I recommend you look for some other sport that is not going to give you ulcers.

1. It is a game.
3. You are not in the position to make the decisions you are wanting to make, if you were as good as you think you would be working for some NFL team. (I'm pretty sure that you are not there.)
4. Look at this team this year as it is. A very bad offensive team with a very bad HC.
Obviously you are comparing apples to oranges. The salary cap wasn't put into place before Carl came in. The salary cap made things more EQUAL FOR ALL TEAMS. Carl benefitted from the greatly. Again, I pointed out his ineptness,along with others and yet those issues are swept under the rug, like most in denial often do. Wake up. Carl is a shitty GM when it comes to spotting talent. He's awful, but he gets a free pass for something that doesn't even pertain to him. Has Carl had MORE TIME than any other GM in ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS? YES.
Has Carl's team won a playoff game in FOURTEEN years? NO. Has Carl developed the majority of his draft piacks into SuperStars?Not many. Does Carl's teams consist of mostly FAs every year? YES. Why is that? Because he can't spot talent to save his soul. Carl's had his shot-he's FAILED 18 seasons in a row. Quit defending this inept GM-he hasn't earned it. How long do think Jerry Jones would have kept him employed? Take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute, will you?

thehead
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Really old boy has come full circle. time to move on :drool:

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM

1. It is a game.

In a way you make a point. None of us work for an NFL franchise. Inadvertently, you make another point. NOBODY could remain employed by a franchise for 19 years w/o bringing home the trophy.

And while we haven't had a 4-12, 3-13 season, what's the difference between CP and Steadman/Schaaf?

Nothing. Save Steadman/Schaaf wining it all.

Face it, this franchise needs to be revamped from the top. Until that happens, the chiefs are a 7-9, "9-7 Anything can happen when you make the tournament" franchise.

banyon
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd just like to pile on with the fact that Carl took Justin Medlock over Mason Crosby because one of his "yes men" UCLA buddies told him how great he was.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM

In a way you make a point. None of us work for an NFL franchise. Inadvertently, you make another point. NOBODY could remain employed by a franchise for 19 years w/o bringing home the trophy.

And while we haven't had a 4-12, 3-13 season, what's the difference between CP and Steadman/Schaaf?

Face it, this franchise needs to be revamped from the top. Until that happens, the chiefs are a 7-9, "9-7 Anything can happen when you make the tournament" franchise.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Carl's problem is that he can never EVER think outside the box.

He hires guys that he has ties to. The only one he didn't was Marty and that turned out the best for him.

He drafts guys from UCLA because he has a connection there. Medlock never should have been drafted over Mason Crosby. Never.

He can never find a common balance. If the O sucks, the D is good. If the D sucks, he has a great offense.

This is going to be an incredibly long year.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Obviously you are comparing apples to oranges. The salary cap wasn't put into place before Carl came in. The salary cap made things more EQUAL FOR ALL TEAMS. Carl benefitted from the greatly. Again, I pointed out his ineptness,along with others and yet those issues are swept under the rug, like most in denial often do. Wake up. Carl is a shitty GM when it comes to spotting talent. He's awful, but he gets a free pass for something that doesn't even pertain to him. Has Carl had MORE TIME than any other GM in ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS? YES.
Has Carl's team won a playoff game in FOURTEEN years? NO. Has Carl developed the majority of his draft piacks into SuperStars?Not many. Does Carl's teams consist of mostly FAs every year? YES. Why is that? Because he can't spot talent to save his soul. Carl's had his shot-he's FAILED 18 seasons in a row. Quit defending this inept GM-he hasn't earned it. How long do think Jerry Jones would have kept him employed? Take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute, will you?

Jerry jones is a micromanaging asshole. Nobody will work for him longterm, he has the same mentality as many of the fans in the NFL. It's called a fast foot mentality, or a McDonalds mentality. You want your food and you want it now, in this case it's we want the superbowl wins and we want them now.

I am closer now to giving up on the Chiefs than I've ever been. You see it's not that I totally disagree with you, it's that I know that one person is not the cause for your grief.

If KC ever gets another SB win it will be nothing short of a miracle. The fan base, eventhough called one of the league best, is nothing more than any other teams fans and they whine just as fast as any teams fans.

We suck as fans so why shouldn't our team suck as well?

The Bad Guy
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Loyal fans, one and all!

He should have never hired Herm in the first place.

What you are spinning your wheels on is that Carl Peterson is the HEAD man in charge. He's the constant for all these years of failure.

Trent Green wouldn't have made one ounce of difference today. The gameplan sucked from top to bottom. Larry Johnson would have ONE carry and he would get pulled for Bennett.

I expected the Chiefs to take a few more chances, and I was in favor of starting Huard, but after today, let Croyle stink it up so we can just see what he's made of.

This team is top 5 pick in the NFL draft bad so we might as well just ride it out.

LOCOChief
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes, "Thanks Carl" for bringing quality entertainment to all of us, and better luck next time. GO CHIEFS! aghhhhh!!!

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Jerry jones is a micromanaging asshole. Nobody will work for him longterm, he has the same mentality as many of the fans in the NFL. It's called a fast foot mentality, or a McDonalds mentality. You want your food and you want it now, in this case it's we want the superbowl wins and we want them now.

I am closer now to giving up on the Chiefs than I've ever been. You see it's not that I totally disagree with you, it's that I know that one person is not the cause for your grief.

If KC ever gets another SB win it will be nothing short of a miracle. The fan base, eventhough called one of the league best, is nothing more than any other teams fans and they whine just as fast as any teams fans.

We suck as fans so why shouldn't our team suck as well?I agree-Jones is an a-hole, but he DEMANDS a winner. If they don't produce they are shown the door-that's how a football team should operate-there's no room for 18 year projects-like Carl is. Show me Carl's GM credentials before becoming GM in Kansas City. Carl's had a free pass, even though he hasn't done a damn thing to justify paying him, unless making money is the highest priority and winning isn't. Jones owns a team to win as many Super Bowls as possible. The Hunts own the team to make as much money as possible. I prefer the owner that demands a winner. How about some accountability?

Why is it the fans aren't allowed to point of the ineptness that exists, especially after 18 years of it? Carl hasn't fielded a team that has won a playoff game in FOURTEEN YEARS and you can justify keeping the loser around? I guess you prefer the Hunts lining their pockets over actually having your team win it all.

88TG88
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I place the blame for this season solely on Carl. Herm can only do so much with the terrible players we have

Smed1065
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Really old boy has come full circle. time to move on :drool:

I agree he has but I feel he will be here until his contract expires because of the $$.

Chan93lx50
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Grab your ankles fellas because Carl's cock is a coming!

gblowfish
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Dear Greatest Fans in the NFL:

Today's season opener on the road, against a very good, young, aggressive, well coached, high draft pick loaded, up and coming AFC opponent, in a loud, hostile, air-conditioned environment, was, to say the least, disappointing.

Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing.

I would like to personally thank a1na2 for his support and not being, as my good friend, despite being a Miami Dolpins Fan, "Hootie" might say, a "Fairweather Johnson." As you can see, I am "down" with the young people and their "lingo."

I will address the points from this fine, loyal, hopefully big spender of entertainment and impulse dollars Chiefs Fan below, one by one:

a1na2 is talking about the Jack Steadman/Jim Schaaf years, which were disasterous. The Chiefs hadn't won a playoff game since 1969. They did not win one until I came and saved this sorry doormat of a franchise.

Yes. We strive to finish 9 and 7 each and every year. Very perceptive of you.

We don't want our fans to die with us. We need all the season ticket holders we can find right now, and death is not productive for the Kansas City Chiefs Organization. If you think you may die with the team this year, please make sure to call the ticket office and name a next of kin name, address, and major credit card, so we will know where to invoice the 2008 season ticket renewal.

1. It is a game.

Yes, it is a game. It is not nearly as important as our stadium rennovation plans, and our leasing of luxury suites to Kansas City's Largest Corporations. Again, a very shrewd observation, and I agree whole heartedly.

Again, Correct. It is MY livelyhood. And my well known status as Longest Tenured General Manager in Professional Sports, proves without a shadow of a doubt, that I am, unquestionably, the very best at what I do. That is why I am paid so well, and get a portion of the team's profitability every year. Which reminds me, don't miss this year's "Border Showdown" between MU and KU, and the annual "Pittsburg State - Northwest Missouri State" battle. These teams are sure to score more than three point each, which will be exciting for our fans, I can assure you.

That's is absolutely correct. If you do not have a degree in Kineseology from UCLA, you have not the slightest idea how to run an NFL team. Perhaps a1na2 would like an intership working for Rufus Dawes in the off season.

Again very perceptive. Our very bad HC Herm Edwards will be held responsible for the outcome of our season, especially with Marty and Bill Cohwer out there and available in 2008.

Just remember, this is just the first game of the season. We still have a chance to go 15 and 1 this year. Don't forget to buy new officially licensed Chiefs gear for the home opener in two weeks. If we are poorly dressed, we could risk an 0-3 start is September. If you are not a real fan, you can certainly pretend to be one with our "two-pick" ticket packages, and I know you will sell out Arrowhead again this season. Because, you are, and for 19 years remain, the best Fans in the NFL.

So cheer up, don't panic, and hang in there. See you all next week in Chicago. The Bears aren't that good, are they?

Sincerely,
Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

ChiefaRoo
09-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Today's season opener on the road, against a very good, young, aggressive, well coached, high draft pick loaded, up and coming AFC opponent, in a loud, hostile, air-conditioned environment, was, to say the least, disappointing.

I would like to personally thank a1na2 for his support and not being, as my good friend, despite being a Miami Dolpins Fan, "Hootie" might say, a "Fairweather Johnson." As you can see, I am "down" with the young people and their "lingo."

I will address the points from this fine, loyal, hopefully big spender of entertainment and impulse dollars Chiefs Fan below, one by one:

Again very perceptive. Our very bad HC Herm Edwards will be held responsible for the outcome of our season, especially with Marty and Bill Cohwer out there and available in 2008.

Just remember, this is just the first game of the season. We still have a chance to go 15 and 1 this year. Don't forget to buy new officially licensed Chiefs gear for the home opener in two weeks. If we are poorly dressed, we could risk an 0-3 start is September. If you are not a real fan, you can certainly pretend to be one with our "two-pick" ticket packages, and I know you will sell out Arrowhead again this season. Because, you are, and for 19 years remain, the best Fans in the NFL.

So cheer up, don't panic, and hang in there. See you all next week in Chicago. The Bears aren't that good, are they?

Sincerely,
Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

Carl must go.

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Au contraire, William, there is a ton of difference between CP and Steadman. CP fills the seats. Steadman had "crowds" of 20,000.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM

1. It is a game.
4. Look at this team this year as it is. A very bad offensive team with a very bad HC.Oh, I remember. I lived it amongst Raider fans.

It was a lot like the game today. We didn't have a freaking prayer, of even being in a game, much less winning one. Except for when we played the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league, and even then it would take some freaky INT's or fumbles to do the trick.

Oh well, we are only in the second year of the current five year plan.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Dear Clark Hunt,
Your father did some great things for this city. Things for which we will all be grateful for a long time. However, one of his fatal flaws may have been his blind loyalty... a great virtue when dealing personally with people, but not the greatest when results in business are not being shown. So I implore you to, with the base of great traits your father must've handed down to you, build upon those and show no fear in cleaning this house of Carl and any other holdovers who are content simply to keep us in contention year after year. That was great in 1988, but in 2007, we, as Chiefs fans, are ready to take a step forward, rather than constantly riding the Carl treadmill.
Thank you for your time...

I think the proper way of saying it, is, Lamar Hunt was loyal to a fault.

Carl peterson having a job with the same team for the last 18 years given his recent track record shouldn't happen.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Sincerely,
Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

George ... take a vallium or three!

I'll quit being a Chiefs fan if they go 15-1.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
I have to say, I feel the same sentiment. Carl's act has worn thin. This ass-clown has had more time than EVERY GM in ALL of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS and his ineptness continues. and ownership fully supports him. **** you, Carl, you shitty, no talent-finding GM. We've had 3 superstars that he's drafted-three. That's beyond pathetic-that's abyssmal and yet this ****khole is still gainfully employed. Absolutely pathetic.

As much as I am not a fan of Carl Peterson, I say why blame him?

It's the ownership that keeps giving him contract extensions. It seems like they're the ones that are content with mediocrity, and with what's up to par with this franchise.

The truth is, it's not Carl Peterson. It's the organization in general as a whole. Mainly ownership to blame.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
As much as I am not a fan of Carl Peterson, I say why blame him?

It's the ownership that keeps giving him contract extensions. It seems like they're the ones that are content with mediocrity, and with what's up to par with this franchise.

The truth is, it's not Carl Peterson. It's the organization in general as a whole. Mainly ownership to blame.Yep.

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Yep.

Yep.

Logical
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Dear Clark Hunt,
Thank you for your time...I endorse this statement.

Logical
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Carl's problem is that he can never EVER think outside the box.

He hires guys that he has ties to. The only one he didn't was Marty and that turned out the best for him.

He drafts guys from UCLA because he has a connection there. Medlock never should have been drafted over Mason Crosby. Never.

He can never find a common balance. If the O sucks, the D is good. If the D sucks, he has a great offense.

This is going to be an incredibly long year.

This is true.

KCChiefsFan88
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM

And who was responsnible for hiring the head coach whom you are trashing? And who is responsible for the offense that stunk it up on the field today?

That would be the piece of garbage GM whose rear-end you have your head in.

Ari Chi3fs
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
**** you Carl!

gblowfish
09-09-2007, 08:16 PM
**** you Carl!
Rufus Dawes would defend him, but he is out with a pulled groin.

Bob Moore pulled it.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
And who was responsnible for hiring the head coach whom you are trashing? And who is responsible for the offense that stunk it up on the field today?

That would be the piece of garbage GM whose rear-end you have your head in.

Carl had his part but he was not the last word. I guess you don't follow the Chiefs very closely do you?

blueballs
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
repost

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
The Chiefs have never gone "young" under Carl Peterson. They've only had ONE top 5 pick and that was inherited.

Meanwhile, the Colts, Ravens, Giants, Chargers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins, Philly, and on and on and on have all had Top 5 Picks. They've all gone through down years only to come back younger and stronger in a very short period of time. It's next to IMPOSSIBLE to put a championship team on the field when you're just filling holes with veterans and consistently picking between 18-25.

The Chiefs will take their lumps this year, have a strong draft in 2008 and will contend late next season. I am VERY happy to see this youth movement because it means that the Chiefs are doing things the RIGHT way and are building towards a successful future.

Ari Chi3fs
09-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks for squandering our great offense of 2002-2005 with the worst defense ever.
Thanks for squandering our great defense of the 90's with some of the worst offense ever.

**** you Carl.

Ari Chi3fs
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
What else do we have to be thankful for?

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I think I'll bring this thread back up, because I still feel the same today as I have for years about Carl. I can't believe some actually defend this clowns track-record, he's as incompetent as they come. 19 years and counting and Carl continues his band-aid approach. I'm disgusted this butthole is still employed by our beloved franchise.

chiefsfan1963
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Seriously...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

chiefsfan1963
09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
We can only hope Clark pulls the plug after 2008 season and gets a whole new Front Office and Coaching Staff and truly start a new chapter for Chief Fans!

Fish
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
This is in no way a defense of Carl.... but who do you choads think would be better as his replacement that is actually available? I'm curious...

I've seen a lot of :cuss: Carl.... but very few posts that actually suggest an alternative they think would be better... let alone reasons for it.

There's a difference between change for the sake of change and change for the purpose of improvement....

FAX
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Given the requirements you have set forth, I think my trash man would make an excellent candidate, Mr. KC Fish.

FAX

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
We can only hope Clark pulls the plug after 2008 season and gets a whole new Front Office and Coaching Staff and truly start a new chapter for Chief Fans!
Man......that would be nice.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
All those shitty recievers we had in the line-up for so long WITH JOE HORN ON THE BENCH AND THEN OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!!!

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
This is in no way a defense of Carl.... but who do you choads think would be better as his replacement that is actually available? I'm curious...

I've seen a lot of :cuss: Carl.... but very few posts that actually suggest an alternative they think would be better... let alone reasons for it.

There's a difference between change for the sake of change and change for the purpose of improvement....

According to the ASSOCIATED PRESS, Most GMs in the NFL are BETTER than Queen Carla, Follow the link...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/80568/ranking_the_nfls_general_managers.html

KcMizzou
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
According to the ASSOCIATED PRESS, EVERY GM in the NFL is BETTER than Queen Carla, even Matt Millen. Follow the link...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...l_managers.html

Uhh.. I'm confused. Looks like 7th worst to me.

Fish
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
According to the ASSOCIATED PRESS, Most GMs in the NFL are BETTER than Queen Carla, Follow the link...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/80568/ranking_the_nfls_general_managers.html

Great.... I think we knew that... but you didn't answer the question at all....

What available alternative do you want and why?

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Great.... I think we knew that... but you didn't answer the question at all....

What available alternative do you want and why?
Well since it's the regualr season-we don't know who will be available next year, so it's all hypothetical. If your asking who I think is some of the best, that's easy... Bill Polian, Scott Pioli, Ozzie Newsome, even Denny Green is a great eye for talent.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Uhh.. I'm confused. Looks like 7th worst to me.
I changed it. I screwed up-I missed Queen Carla on the list.

Fish
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Well since it's the regualr season-we don't know who will be available next year, so it's all hypothetical. If your asking who I think is some of the best, that's easy... Bill Polian, Scott Pioli, Ozzie Newsome, even Denny Green is a great eye for talent.

The only available name you listed is Denny Green, and I think an argument or two could be made against him...

It doesn't seem to make much since thinking one of the top GMs you've listed would be out of a job at the end of the season... since they are already at the top of the tree...

So who else would be better? Any other ideas?

FAX
09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Does Floyd Reese have a job yet?

FAX

Donger
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM

Marty Schottenheimer?

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
The only available name you listed is Denny Green, and I think an argument or two could be made against him...

It doesn't seem to make much since thinking one of the top GMs you've listed would be out of a job at the end of the season... since they are already at the top of the tree...

So who else would be better? Any other ideas?
You must have missed where I said it was ALL HYPOTHETICAL and virtually useless to name names at this point because the regualr season is taking place and all GMs are in place. I'm sure we could get any GM we wanted if we also made them President, like Carl is. Money talks.

Fish
09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Marty Schottenheimer?

I think I would honestly embrace that.....

Micjones
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
AMEN Ari.

Fish
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Does Floyd Reese have a job yet?

FAX

He's working as a color commentator right now...

Floyd Reese is the winningest General Manager in the history of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise. He has amassed 111 wins. Only Reese and the highly established Kansas City Chiefs General Manager, Carl Peterson, have accomplished more since the institution of the salary cap. Only two active General Managers in the NFL have more wins than Floyd Reese.

LMAO :cuss: Dammit Carl!

From 1999 - 2006, Reese was 3rd in the league in draft choices that remain playing in the NFL and 7th in the NFL in draft choices remaining on the Titans' roster. Since 1997, Reese brought the Titans to one Super Bowl, two AFC Championships, 2 divisional championships, 4 playoff appearances, and a 5-4 playoff record. He also had two 13-3 seasons and four 11+ win seasons. Reese had a league-high 56 wins from 1999-2003.

Doesn't sound bad though...

FAX
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Seriously, Mr. KC Fish ... Floyd Reese has taken a team in transition to the SB, he's very effective at managing the cap, hires good coaches, intimately familiar with the AFC, and he has no fear when it comes to building a team.

I'd check his availability.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Reese wouldnt be bad. Keep Thum for the business side and let Reese run the football side.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I think Alex Spanos may be available as well. I think Floyd Reese would be a good candidate, alot better than Marty, IMO. Marty is a COACH, not a GM.

Fish
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Seriously, Mr. KC Fish ... Floyd Reese has taken a team in transition to the SB, he's very effective at managing the cap, hires good coaches, intimately familiar with the AFC, and he has no fear when it comes to building a team.

I'd check his availability.

FAX

Still young by GM standards. Looks to be a good judge of talent.

Wonder what he'd want to play GM again?

Let's find his address and send him some BBQ and hookers....

FAX
09-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Reese wouldnt be bad. Keep Thum for the business side and let Reese run the football side.

Reese has an frightening approach toward managing the cap the Chiefs fans may not like, though. Very different from Carl.

With the thumbtacks, he tended to spend toward the playoffs and blows the cap all to hell. But, he has no fear and can rebuild quickly through the draft so the down years only last a couple of seasons or so. The word here is that he lost his job due to a conflict with Jeff over the Vince Young selection. Reese didn't want him and Jeff won.

FAX

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Reese has an frightening approach toward managing the cap the Chiefs fans may not like, though. Very different from Carl.

With the thumbtacks, he tended to spend toward the playoffs and blows the cap all to hell. But, he has no fear and can rebuild quickly through the draft so the down years only last a couple of seasons or so. The word here is that he lost his job due to a conflict with Jeff over the Vince Young selection. Reese didn't want him and Jeff won.

FAX

Sure, beats the current approach of using a band-aid approach every damn year.

Ari Chi3fs
09-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Carl, even Larry Johnson agrees.

Chief Henry
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Seriously...

rep

BigRedChief
09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree that the drafts since the 2002 Sims draft have been good. His marketing savvy has made the Chiefs a place to be on Sundays. Marty and King Carl turned around this team from the pits of despair. I enjoy the hell out of my game day experience and King Carl made that happen. Marty and King Carl are to be commended and thanked.

The Chiefs have great regular season records and but what about the playoffs? The historical facts about the results on the field can't be denied. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The fans of KC have sold out every game since the early 90's <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Season Ticket Prices are up over 200% above normal inflation increases during King Carl's rein <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">King Carl has the longest rein in the NFL as GM, 17 years <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Every team in the AFC West (including a former team, the Seahawks) has been to a Super Bowl during King Carl's rein, but us <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">No playoff apperances in 8 out of the last 9 years. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">No playoff wins since 1994 (Average ticket Price = $26.83). Only the Lions and Bengals have waited longer for a NFL playoff win than the Chiefs. Even the Arizona Cardinals have won a playoff game during that time. Average ticket price in 2006 = $72.56 <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">The only AFC team with less playoff wins than the Chiefs since their last Superbowl appearance is the expansion Houston Texans. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">13-3 with home field advantage in the playoffs three times and did nothing but lose their first game. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Since 1996-97 we have not had back to back winning seasons. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 Head Coaches during King Carl's reinI know that King Carl is not going anywhere. But when Marty left I felt he was still a good coach but it was time for him to move on. It is time for King Carl to voluntarily move on.

The Record
1989 9-7 (The Marty and King Carl era begins)
1990 11-5 (Lost in the 1st round of the playoffs)
1991 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1992 10-6 (Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)
1993 11-5 (Lost in the Divisional round, Montana and Allen era begins)
1994 9-7 (Lost in the AFC championship game. Montana retires)
1995 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Bono 3 intís. 3 missed FGís)
1996 9-7 (No playoffs)
1997 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round to the Broncos. Allen retires.)
1998 7-9 (No playoffs.Gannon to the Raiders. Marty Era is over)
1999 9-7 (Gunther era begins. Needed to beat Oakland at home in the final game. Up 17-0. Lost)
2000 7-9 (No playoffs. Gunn is fired)
2001 6-10 (No playoffs. DV era begins)
2002 8-8 (No playoffs)
2003 13-3 (HFA. Lost in the Divisional round. Never forced a punt)
2004 7-9 (No playoffs)
2005 10-6 (No playoffs. DV retires)
2006 9-7 (Herm era begins. Lost in the WC round of the playoffs)

Chiefs under Marty were 104-49
Gunís Record 16-16
DVís Record 44-36
Hermís Record 9-7
Chiefs after Marty are 69-59

King Carlís regular season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 173-135

King Carlís post season record during his rein under 4 different HC and 19 years = 3-9

Halfcan
09-15-2007, 09:42 AM
This will be the year that the Hunts get rid of his ass.

Jack
09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Four plus decades I have seen the pit and pinnacles of The Kansas City Chiefs. I listened to the first SB on AFRN while on a navy gunboat in Vietnam, agonizing the minutes when the signal would fade into the ether. Again on a ship in the North Atlantic, battling the fierce winter wind and seas, I listen to the game that defined Chiefs football to me. The longest, and arguably, the most brutal conflict ever in professional football. It was a heart-rendering game. But still, they were my team.

Few here will understand that it was the Chiefs (and though I hate to admit it, the raiders) and LH that convinced the world that the AFL added new dimensions, exciting color and excitement to professional football. Far less even consider it relevant, overshadowed by their inability to accept defeat and love of wallowing in it after only one game gone. Human nature and their thumb sucking needs steers them to place blame or even more, know exactly how to fix it. I do not support nor condemn the Coach or GM and rather just put that bad game in the past and look forward to the next. This isn't a lack of passion but it is a reality.

Seems to be a vast difference in these new fans and those who stuck with the team in the "lost years" and beyond. Most likely their weren't even born yet. I have always looked to the Chiefs Planet for good football news. Now it seems I have to wade through so much dribble to to find it.

You ladies who can't handle it, or this, should find some warm huddling place and hug each other for comfort. Better yet, if you can't stand a bloody nose now and then, go home and crawl under your bed.

Jack Hawkins

KcMizzou
09-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Somebody get that man a pie.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2007, 10:39 AM

Damn right.

Jack
09-15-2007, 10:45 AM
. . .awesome replies. . .

Messier
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Seriously...

Thanks for the 5 year plan. --He never said this.
Thanks for always hiring 'yes men' coaches. --This is true
Thanks for developing strong QBs.---never has
Thanks for drafting so wonderfully.---he's 50-50 like most teams
Thanks for all the playoff wins.---good at getting there, bad coaching is mostly to blame.
Thanks for getting rid of Rich Gannon.--Marty's choice
Thanks for getting rid of Nick Lowery.---Lowery played three so-so years after.
Thanks for being an asshole to John Tait.--He was horrible to Tait
Thanks for keeping the seats full at Arrowhead--Good
Thanks for 25$ dollar parking.--Expensive like most NFL product
Thanks for the trophy case full of superbowl trophies.--Never got there.
Thanks for letting Joe Horn leave town.--Biggest mistake.
Thanks for giving San Diego Donnie Edwards. --Next biggest mistake, listened to...the next man on the list.
Thanks for Greg Robinson. Vermeil hire, head coaches have all the say on the assistances.
Thanks for squandering our great offense of 2002-2005 with the worst defense ever. I blame Vermeil
Thanks for squandering our great defense of the 90's with some of the worst offense ever. I blame Marty
Thanks for wasting Will Shields Career. I don't know if I'd say wasted.
Thanks for wasting all the season tickets holders money. How so
Thanks for selling your soul for money.-- His job is to make money for the Chiefs. He should relinquish the GM part of his title and give it to some one else. He never will, until he leaves in three years.

PinkFloyd
09-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Seriously...

Thanks for the 5 year plan. --He never said this.

Actually he did... Said his "goal" was to be in the Super Bowl in 5 years... So; I'm assuming people are using "goal" as another word for "plan"...

Messier
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Actually he did... Said his "goal" was to be in the Super Bowl in 5 years... So; I'm assuming people are using "goal" as another word for "plan"...

So how did he say he had a five year plan?

nychief
09-15-2007, 12:25 PM
they should clean house - give cowher the keys to the organization.

PinkFloyd
09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
So how did he say he had a five year plan?

When Carl was hired, in his interview he said he would bring in the best players, coaches, and staff... His plans were to get KC to the Super Bowl in five years...

stevieray
09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Four plus decades I have seen the pit and pinnacles of The Kansas City Chiefs. I listened to the first SB on AFRN while on a navy gunboat in Vietnam, agonizing the minutes when the signal would fade into the ether. Again on a ship in the North Atlantic, battling the fierce winter wind and seas, I listen to the game that defined Chiefs football to me. The longest, and arguably, the most brutal conflict ever in professional football. It was a heart-rendering game. But still, they were my team.

Few here will understand that it was the Chiefs (and though I hate to admit it, the raiders) and LH that convinced the world that the AFL added new dimensions, exciting color and excitement to professional football. Far less even consider it relevant, overshadowed by their inability to accept defeat and love of wallowing in it after only one game gone. Human nature and their thumb sucking needs steers them to place blame or even more, know exactly how to fix it. I do not support nor condemn the Coach or GM and rather just put that bad game in the past and look forward to the next. This isn't a lack of passion but it is a reality.

Seems to be a vast difference in these new fans and those who stuck with the team in the "lost years" and beyond. Most likely their weren't even born yet. I have always looked to the Chiefs Planet for good football news. Now it seems I have to wade through so much dribble to to find it.

You ladies who can't handle it, or this, should find some warm huddling place and hug each other for comfort. Better yet, if you can't stand a bloody nose now and then, go home and crawl under your bed.

Jack Hawkins

awesome post.

Skip Towne
09-15-2007, 12:35 PM
You are all forgetting that Clark Hunt needs the money. If the Chiefs stopped making money he'd be broke in 186 years.

Messier
09-15-2007, 12:52 PM
When Carl was hired, in his interview he said he would bring in the best players, coaches, and staff... His plans were to get KC to the Super Bowl in five years...

So, when did he say, "I have a five year plan to get the Chiefs to the super bowl." or any variation that involved five, years, plan, and super bowl?

Keep in mind, I don't like Peterson, in fact I really dislike him, and wish he were gone, I just like hating him for the things he actually did and said.

Otter
09-15-2007, 02:04 PM

STAT!!!

Grab the brass dong washer as well, this could get ugly.

the Talking Can
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM

Jack Hawkins

sweet

never enough True Fans

Priest4Prez
09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
REpost

old_geezer
09-15-2007, 02:36 PM
For some reason whenever I try to quote Jack Hawkins' post my computer freezes up but I'm in agreement. Great post!

warrior
09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
The Chiefs have never gone "young" under Carl Peterson. They've only had ONE top 5 pick and that was inherited.

Meanwhile, the Colts, Ravens, Giants, Chargers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins, Philly, and on and on and on have all had Top 5 Picks. They've all gone through down years only to come back younger and stronger in a very short period of time. It's next to IMPOSSIBLE to put a championship team on the field when you're just filling holes with veterans and consistently picking between 18-25.

The Chiefs will take their lumps this year, have a strong draft in 2008 and will contend late next season. I am VERY happy to see this youth movement because it means that the Chiefs are doing things the RIGHT way and are building towards a successful future.

warrior
09-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Jack Hawkins

Wilson
09-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Jack Hawkins

If failing to resign unquestioning, blind allegiance to a bureaucratic cigar club who is getting rich off my money that can't seem to learn from their mistakes which in turn causes a team I love to follow to pretty much suck every year makes me wrong, I don't want to be right.

It's not the team I hate, it's the asshat running it.

TEX
09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Seriously...

:clap: ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Before the Bears game... I have to get in another.

**** YOU CARL.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2007, 03:02 PM
If failing to resign unquestioning, blind allegiance to a bureaucratic cigar club who is getting rich off my money that can't seem to learn from their mistakes which in turn causes a team I love to follow to pretty much suck every year makes me wrong, I don't want to be right.

It's not the team I hate, it's the asshat running it.
Tried and true. Good post. Surely, some can admit it's the 19 years in office and still no victory. Christ, the president of the United States doesn't get as long to do his job and yet Carl Peterson is GRANTED a free pass? I don't think so. He's had AMPLE time and failed. Time for a new LEADER.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2007, 07:17 PM
This thread makes me feel better after ever loss. LOL.

Ari Chi3fs
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
AFTER THE BEARS GAME... I HAVE TO GET IN ANOTHER.

**** YOU CARL.

Cochise
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Bumping your own thread over and over = fail

Ari Chi3fs
09-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Bumping your own thread over and over = fail

I bump it, because I want to say **** you to Carl. And I will bump it until he gets fired or retires.

I will also say **** you, Cochise.

=win.

ChiefButthurt
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm sure glad that I haven't purchased any game tickets or a Direct TV NFL ticket package. I'd sell my years of collectables, but they are worth shit.

BigRedChief
09-17-2007, 11:27 AM
I bump it, because I want to say **** you to Carl. And I will bump it until he gets fired or retires.

=win.
Take it from a guy with as solid as you can get :cuss: you King Carl credentials on the Planet. I've upset posters for years with my :cuss: you King Carl rants. Just let it go. No matter how often you rant on here King Carl gets no closer to being out the door.

Cochise
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM

=win.

Alright Gunther_Fan_Fan

BigChiefFan
09-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Take it from a guy with as solid as you can get :cuss: you King Carl credentials on the Planet. I've upset posters for years with my :cuss: you King Carl rants. Just let it go. No matter how often you rant on here King Carl gets no closer to being out the door.
That's what is so frustrating with the whole situation. The times have changed and Carl hasn't. He's still hiring all of his old buddies. This organization doesn't stand for much if they want to keep trodding 14 years of shit on to the field and call it great. I'm so disappointed, that it's a half-assed attempt to assemble a team every year. Carl disappoints to say the least. Carl's ineptness is enough. 19 years and counting. This is maddening.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
A good 'ol up yours Carl, seems appropriate after the loss.

Ari Chi3fs
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
**** you Carl!!!11