PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it for the retards that wanted Huard...

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Damon is a stud. Good call, guys...

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Absolutely. He cost us this game single handedly.

Micjones
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Huard played a fairly decent game.
He should only get credit for one of those picks.
The other wasn't his fault.

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 01:47 PM
That looked about 1,000% like I pictured a team that is 'led' by Damon Huard would look like.

Direckshun
09-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, Huard did exactly what he was asked to.

He held onto the ball a little long on one of those sacks, but both interceptions were pretty extraordinary -- one was bobbled by our receiver and the other was a freak interception by a defensive lineman.

Huard's receivers failed him, the OL was inconsistent, and the gameplanning by Solari was once again boneheaded.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
The point is, I seriously doubt Croyle would have been any less effective. Besides, when Croyle sucked in the preseason, nobody cared to mention how shitty the rest of the O performed...

Cochise
09-09-2007, 01:49 PM
That looked about 1,000% like I pictured a team that is 'led' by Damon Huard would look like.

I agree.

This is what an offense that he's good enough to start for looks like.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Moron...you honestly blame Huard?

Your and idiot

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
you're still missing the point....

the offense is going to suck .... the QB is going to look sucky.

Do you really want to ruin a young QB by putting them into such a shitty situation?

ArrowheadHawk
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
so who do we take with the number one pick next year?

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
If you are gonna get this kind of prduction out of your O, you'd expect it from a 2nd yr. QB in his 1st start, NOT an 11 yr vet. Without question, there is a reason no one was interested in him, and why he's been a backup his entire career...

BigChief68
Play calling SUCKED in my opinion!!!!!!

Hound333
At this point I almost would rather see Huard in there. Let DH get his ass sacked 10 times a game and save Croyle the concussions. At least A.Johnson was on my fantasy team.

baitism
09-09-2007, 01:52 PM

Your and idiot

Oh, the irony!

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Your and idiot
That's not it. It's that if, Huard is actually your best option as day one starter, the display you witnessed today is what you need to be ready to expect.

He's not gonna elevate a damn thing, and he's too old to develop into something for the future. He's a placeholder, a treadmill.

kcchiefsus
Huard played a fairly decent game.
He should only get credit for one of those picks.
The other wasn't his fault.

Bullcrap. Croyle took the blame in the preseason for all of the imcompletions where the receiver dropped the ball so Huard takes the blame for both picks.

KChiefs1
Booty Call!!!!!!!!!!!!

RINGLEADER
This is just a stupid thread.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah, Huard did exactly what he was asked to.

He held onto the ball a little long on one of those sacks, but both interceptions were pretty extraordinary -- one was bobbled by our receiver and the other was a freak interception by a defensive lineman.

Huard's receivers failed him, the OL was inconsistent, and the gameplanning by Solari was once again boneheaded.

so, your point is that the excuses that didn't apply to Croyle in preseason now magically apply to Huard in the regular season....

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Play calling SUCKED in my opinion!!!!!!
Play calling was better than the personnel deserved.
That first drive might be the best this O unit looks all year.

donkhater
09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
At this point I almost would rather see Huard in there. Let DH get his ass sacked 10 times a game and save Croyle the concussions. At least A.Johnson was on my fantasy team.
Save him for what? Next season? What will be different? Herm isn't going to get fired. Huard's protection wasn't that bad until KC got down by 10+. You expect the defense to pin its ears back then.

If Croyle can't handle the pressure and doesn't have the confidence to play well, he isn't going to succeed in this league, PERIOD. Let him struggle with this young team and receivers and grow with them. If he can't at least WE KNOW he isn't going to cut it.

If this game doesn't smack the rest of you out of your 'play the more experienced guy because we have a chance' stuper then next week will.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
so, your point is that the excuses that didn't apply to Croyle in preseason now magically apply to Huard in the regular season....

But But Huard is a savy vet and a 11 year backup... He doesnt make mistakes...

ROFL.

Huard blew ass this game... Looking forward to him blowing ass in Chicago as well... His non mobile sacked ass isnt taking this team anywhere..

I expect a better preformance from a HOF backup QB that has played in this league for 11 years.

headsnap
Oh, the irony!
effin retart noob!!!

Genius...

BigMeatballDave
Some of you tards are completely missing the point. IF WE ARE GONNA SUCK THIS BAD WITH A VET, WHY NOT PLAY THE YOUNG GUY AND LET HIM TAKE HIS LUMPS? THERE IS NO UPSIDE TO DAMON HUARD. NONE.

cdcox
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
This offense is intellectually bankrupt.

When you complete 2/3rds of your passes, but only average 5.2 yards per attempt, you aren't even trying to go downfield.

What is to be gained by starting Huard with this kind of offense?

Whitlock is correct. This season has no purpose.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
so, your point is that the excuses that didn't apply to Croyle in preseason now magically apply to Huard in the regular season....THANK YOU. See, Can gets it...

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Some of you tards are completely missing the point. IF WE ARE GONNA SUCK THIS BAD WITH A VET, WHY NOT PLAY THE YOUNG GUY AND LET HIM TAKE HIS LUMPS? THERE IS NO UPSIDE TO DAMON HUARD. NONE.
hey TARD ..... you're missing the point

playing in such a sucky enviroment can absolutely destroy a young quarterback.

what part of that don't you fookin understand?

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I didn't think Huard played that bad.

The major downside to Huard is that he can't make the long throws so this offense is resorted to dink and dunk.

Sure-Oz
09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
The whole team lost this game, bar none. WR's can't catch or hold onto the ball. Defense allowed a big play then a 10 min drive in the 4th, and our FG kicker setup momentum by shanking a 30 yard fg to open the game!

donkhater
09-09-2007, 02:00 PM

If a QB's confidence needs protecting, then he isn't NFL caliber.

FringeNC
09-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Play calling was better than the personnel deserved.
That first drive might be the best this O unit looks all year.

Are you suggesting the offensive coaching staff doesn't deserve a majority of the blame?

Direckshun
WTF are you talking about. I support starting Croyle over Huard.

Vent your frustration over the game somewhere else.

KCBOSS1
I'm excited to watch the rest of Trent's game.

Tribal Warfare
Like I said Huard can maintain a game, but he can't win one when his back is against the wall. He had decent game, but nothing substantial really really safe throws ect...

RustShack
09-09-2007, 02:02 PM
BRING IN CROYLE WEEK 3!

Mr. Laz
If a QB's confidence needs protecting, then he isn't NFL caliber.
that's crap ..... being in a bad team can kill a good QB

Baby Lee

I have no interest in a young QB who is capable of being destroyed because the team sucks.

ROYC75

This is the smartest comment of this thread........

Can't blame Huard, seriously folks, there was plenty of blame to go around.

Coach
09-09-2007, 02:03 PM

The major downside to Huard is that he can't make the long throws so this offense is resorted to dink and dunk.

How about the 5 completions that were 5 yard passes with little pressure that receivers had to DIVE FOR? How about the Hook routes that receivers have to come 5 yards off their spot to catch it? The Slants thrown above and behind players?

My favorite was that joke of a downfield pass that required Bowe to make a nice adjustment to catch.

Really loved the interception he threw to a defensive tackle against a prevent defense.

Whenever they blitzed us (someone is always open when they blitz) Huard would just curl up and fall down. I can see teams watching film and blitzing us like crazy as well as it worked.

I'm sorry, the dink and dunk isn't even suited for Huard. There's a reason why he never started more than 5 games for a NFL team.

Deberg_1990
Damon Huard: Master of the checkdown pass.

Mr. Laz

i would think poor protection by the offensive line leads to the dink and dunk more than Huards arm strength.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM

what part of that don't you fookin understand?Oh, sorry, football GOD...
:wayne:

You think it might help the O a bit if we have someone in the who at least has a modicum of mobility, and a good arm to get the ball downfield?

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Damn Coach coming Strong!

:bravo:

thehead
09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Damon did fine !!! Play calling sucked balls, whats up with LJ??

Mr. Laz
I have no interest in a young QB who is capable of being destroyed because the team sucks.
wow ..... then you don't want 90% of young QB's

splatbass
Huard looked pretty good. The last interception was on him, but the rest of the game he played well. It isn't his fault our WRs suck. Even TG dropped an easy catch.

It's 10:00 am here and I'm already drunk. This is going to be a long season.

Cochise

I agree... if he's that big of a wuss he's probably not mentally tough enough for the position anyway.

Cochise
Huard looked pretty good. The last interception was on him, but the rest of the game he played well. It isn't his fault our WRs suck. Even TG dropped an easy catch.

We were the team in red.

Reerun_KC
more than Huards arm strength.
Seriously Stop!

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
you are right, there is no upside...

but there is also no downside...

Starting Croyle against these first four has a lot more potential downside than upside.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
How about the 5 completions that were 5 yard passes with little pressure that receivers had to DIVE FOR? How about the Hook routes that receivers have to come 5 yards off their spot to catch it? The Slants thrown above and behind players?

My favorite was that joke of a downfield pass that required Bowe to make a nice adjustment to catch.

Really loved the interception he threw to a defensive tackle against a prevent defense.

Whenever they blitzed us (someone is always open when they blitz) Huard would just curl up and fall down. I can see teams watching film and blitzing us like crazy as well as it worked.

I'm sorry, the dink and dunk isn't even suited for Huard. There's a reason why he never started more than 5 games for a NFL team.

He was 22-33 and I only remember really 1 bad pass. He had at least 5-6 dropped passes.

Anyway I am not defending Huard and if we are going to be this bad we might as well play Brodie to see what he got.

BigChiefFan
Herm neutered the offense and Carl gave his blessing. This all starts at the top.

Mecca
I bet Hootie is having a bad day.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Damon did fine !!! Play calling sucked balls, whats up with LJ??

Actually, the playcalling wasnt horrible today. They didnt want LJ to have many carries today. Bennett looked fine when he came in anyways.

Mr. Laz
Oh, sorry, football GOD...
:wayne:

You think it might help the O a bit if we have someone in the who at least has a modicum of mobility, and a good arm to get the ball downfield?
you're the one that got mouthy to start this thing off

btw ... i think it would help more if we had a coaching staff that didn't teach a high school brand of offense.

dirk digler
i would think poor protection by the offensive line leads to the dink and dunk more than Huards arm strength.

I thought the line played pretty good especially when McIntosh was in there.

It was a ton better than last year

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I bet Hootie is having a bad day.
Didn't watch, just listened...

I have been saying for months we were going to lose to Houston, I'm surprisingly calm...

I predicted 1-3 to start the year and Croyle takes over week 5 all along, anyways.

splatbass
We were the team in red.

I'm aware of that. :rolleyes:

Huard didn't lose this game. He played pretty well. Most of his passes were well thrown. The WRs and OL lost the game.

BigMeatballDave
We were the team in red.LMAO

movinbones
09-09-2007, 02:09 PM

I was saying the same thing in the 3rd quarter. I totally agree with that statement. I think Huard did what a career back up was supposed to do. He is not expected to raise the level of play around him, he is expected to not "lose" the game. That is why he is a CAREER BACKUP.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Didn't watch, just listened...

I have been saying for months we were going to lose to Houston, I'm surprisingly calm...

I predicted 1-3 to start the year and Croyle takes over week 5 all along, anyways.

I said 1-3 also but after what I saw with Minnesota I say 0-4 now.

Short Leash Hootie
well, this is what happens when you turn your OL coach into your offensive coordinator.

Seriously, Solari needs to go.

If they aren't going to have ANY confidence in their QB, they need to just stop throwing the ball, period.

Of course, losing Kennison probably didn't help.

BigMeatballDave
you are right, there is no upside...

but there is also no downside...

Starting Croyle against these first four has a lot more potential downside than upside.MORE DOWNSIDE TO LOSING? Losing if still ****ing losing. HUARD WON'T GET ANY BETTER.

Reerun_KC
Funny thing is, everyone is giving Huard all the excuses that they refused to give Croyle in preseason...

cutler and The Rat just owned the bills...

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2007, 02:11 PM
if things couldn't get any worse, Denver wins, lol

Jesus...what a shitty start to the season.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought the line played pretty good especially when McIntosh was in there.

It was a ton better than last year
i think every time he made a 5 step drop he got smashed

banyon
09-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Huard can't throw the ball downfield, so Defenses get to cheat against him. Sure he doesn't throw picks, but that doesn't mean he is good just because he doesn't make terrible mistakes all the time.

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 02:12 PM
He was 22-33 and I only remember really 1 bad pass. He had at least 5-6 dropped passes.

Anyway I am not defending Huard and if we are going to be this bad we might as well play Brodie to see what he got.
What you do not understand is that, over the last 11 years, the coaches on Huard's teams have coated his clipboard with a magical substance that makes him impervious to complete suckage surrounding him. Further, when Huard signed his contract with us, because no one else was interested in him, Carl was able to negotiate express terms where Huard understands that nobody likes him or cares for his safety, he understands that the O-line will probably get him killed and orphan his kids, he understands that there will not be an iota of success in this venture. But he's been conditioned by the clipboard 'cream and clear' to accept this reality for a few weeks on the TV.

Now Croyle, he cried like a baby and took the first flight back to Bama in an ill-advised effort to crawl back up his mom's vag just on a reading of the terms of Huard's contract. Let's say he's not ready.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
well, this is what happens when you turn your OL coach into your offensive coordinator.

Seriously, Solari needs to go.

You can have Bill Walsh calling the plays but if you cant pass block or catch it doesnt matter who is calling them.

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
MORE DOWNSIDE TO LOSING? Losing if still ****ing losing. HUARD WON'T GET ANY BETTER.
Croyle isn't going to get any better against the next three defenses, either...

Ease him into the position, week 5 at home is the perfect time.

7 of 9 at Arrowhead, 90% of the fans will have already written the season off, he'd have no pressure.

Boom. That's his best chance to be our QB of the future...

Short Leash Hootie
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
You can have Bill Walsh calling the plays but if you cant pass block or catch it doesnt matter who is calling them.
Sounded ugly...

From what I heard, the only guy who played well today was Samie Parker ROFL

Mr. Laz
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Huard can't throw the ball downfield, so Defenses get to cheat against him. Sure he doesn't throw picks, but that doesn't mean he is good just because he doesn't make terrible mistakes all the time.
Huard's arm is just a strong as Trent Green

Vermeil/Saunders found a down field passing game with Green's arm.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 02:16 PM

7 of 9 at Arrowhead, 90% of the fans will have already written the season off, he'd have no pressure.

Boom. That's his best chance to be our QB of the future...

Actually I am in agreement with Hootie here....

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM

HA! Ok...

banyon

Vermeil/Saunders found a down field passing game with Green's arm.

Why did I only see 1 pass attempt more than 10 yards downfield then? Is it all Solari/Herm?

Fruit Ninja

Vermeil/Saunders found a down field passing game with Green's arm.Trent also had an all world offensive line.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM

That is just something that I could never agree with. Huard might have had some distance to his arm when he was young, but in his advanced age he seems to be worse than Green.

At least Green had Miami in a position to win today. That is something that Huard does not seem capable of now or anytime in the future.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Trent also had an all world offensive line.

True and Huard couldnt even beat out Todd Collins for the #2 Spot...

movinbones
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I also agree with Hootie.
Now that we started with Huard, we should stay with him until week 3 or wait to week 5 before the switch.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM

Boom. That's his best chance to be our QB of the future...I don't disagree with this. Next week will be a fuggin nightmare...

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 02:31 PM
we literally throw out our downfield passes because of Huard...it is all so self-defeating...

good god he is pointless

Crashride
09-09-2007, 02:32 PM
They only reason that we did bad in that game is our damn recievers popping the ball up for interceptions or fumbles none of which had anything to do with huard who made the right choices. He had one bad throw to that lineman. Huard was the right choice at this point in time. If you blame this game on him then flat out your a dumbass

movinbones
09-09-2007, 02:32 PM
That is just something that I could never agree with. Huard might have had some distance to his arm when he was young, but in his advanced age he seems to be worse than Green.

At least Green had Miami in a position to win today. That is something that Huard does not seem capable of now or anytime in the future.

TrINT's weak arm almost cost them the game with :12 left, he was lucky the pass was so weak the DB missed timed when to close his hands on th pick 6.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 02:34 PM
i think every time he made a 5 step drop he got smashed

Were we watching the same game? They got 2 sacks both late in the game IIRC.

Huard had plenty of time to throw.

Sully
09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
that's crap ..... being in a bad team can kill a good QB
Yep... ruined the careers of the likes of
Troy Aikman
Peyton Manning
Steve Young
Doug Williams

If he's such a puss that a few losses "ruins" his career, I'd rather know so we can show him the door right fuggin now.

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Huard had plenty of time to throw.
Huard's pocket presence;

One MississipQUICKCURLINTOABALL!!!

Coach
09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Huard's pocket presence;

And that's 5 seconds while still in the fetus position before the sack occurs.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Yep... ruined the careers of the likes of
Troy Aikman
Peyton Manning
Steve Young
Doug Williams

If he's such a puss that a few losses "ruins" his career, I'd rather know so we can show him the door right fuggin now.

Well see there is a difference, those guys are tough. If you breathe on Brodie Croyle the wrong way he'll be out 8 weeks.

movinbones
09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Huard's pocket presence;

LMAO

Coach
09-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Well see there is a difference, those guys are tough. If you breathe on Brodie Croyle the wrong way he'll be out 8 weeks.

Fine by me. We're supposed to be finding guys who are TOUGH.

Sully
09-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Fine. Let's find that out NOW! Rather than building a year, then wasting another finding that out.

a1na2
09-09-2007, 02:45 PM
TrINT's weak arm almost cost them the game with :12 left, he was lucky the pass was so weak the DB missed timed when to close his hands on th pick 6.

Just like Huards near misses last year? He had one INT and several near misses. The near misses don't count according to all of the Huard fans, if they don't count for Huard how can they count for Green? Jeez

DomerNKC
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Huard had plenty of time to throw.hell, he sacked himself on one of those sacks. It was freakin hilarious.

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Fine by me. We're supposed to be finding guys who are TOUGH.
Fine. Let's find that out NOW! Rather than building a year, then wasting another finding that out.
The sarcasmeter repairman loves you guys.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I can't blame this on Huard. He is what he is. And the rest of the team is what it is. And the coaching staff is what it is. And the front office is what it is.

The result of all the above is what we saw on the field today.

Sure, Huard's crummy. So is the OLINE. The receivers (today) are at best, serviceable. Tony G is old.

We are what we all thought we were.

Sully
09-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I got that it was sarcasm... but I also know there are plenty on here who believe that very thing.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 02:54 PM
They need to find out real fast if Croyle can play or not because if they are going to have to draft a QB they'll be in position this year.

Bwana
09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Huard does indeed blow, but so does Saint Croyle. Do you think he would have "pulled it off" today?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Damon is a stud. Good call, guys...

Why is it so hard for some of you retards to realize that Croyle CAN'T play right now? It's just ****ing stupid to think that you're going to start a season with a struggling offense, with a QB with ZERO experience. Did it ever occur to you that when this team starts off 0-4 or 1-3 that Croyle will get plenty of opportunity to show his moxie? What's the head coach suppossed to do to start the year? Tell his ENTIRE team that they're not good enough? It's moronic. Herm had ZERO choice.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Huard does indeed blow, but so does Saint Croyle. Do you think he would have "pulled it off" today?
No, but he can LEARN and GROW (which he needs to do seeing he isn't really much better than Huard at the moment). Huard will not get any better.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Why does it matter, it couldn't have been much worse? You can play a rookie QB in a bad offense teams do it all the time.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Why is it so hard for some of you retards to realize that Croyle CAN'T play right now? It's just ****ing stupid to think that you're going to start a season with a struggling offense, with a QB with ZERO experience. Did it ever occur to you that when this team starts off 0-4 or 1-3 that Croyle will get plenty of opportunity to show his moxie? What's the head coach suppossed to do to start the year? Tell his ENTIRE team that they're not good enough? It's moronic. Herm had ZERO choice.
It's OK to go 0-4, and that is NOT telling your entire team they suck?

banyon
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
They need to find out real fast if Croyle can play or not because if they are going to have to draft a QB they'll be in position this year.

EXACTLY!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Why does it matter, it couldn't have been much worse? You can play a rookie QB in a bad offense teams do it all the time.

Because this team knows that Huard gives them a better chance to win. Croyle played horribly in the preseason and has no game experience. It's called team morale. You keep them motivated until they show what they're made of, regardless of what you think that is. Reality will set in soon enough for this group, you'll see Croyle finish the season when it does. It seems pretty elementary.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM

Yep. Real NFL franchises do it all the time. And they live with the resulting criticism or the glory that comes from it.

But not the Chiefs.... Only 15 weeks to go.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:06 PM
It's OK to go 0-4, and that is NOT telling your entire team they suck?

That tells them they suck, but they're telling it to themselves. You give them the best chance to win the game. That's why they play right? To win the game? Ask that lockerroom who gives them the best chance. Right now they will say it's Damon Huard. Croyle couldn't seize the job.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Herm = Zero Chance

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
That tells them they suck, but they're telling it to themselves. You give them the best chance to win the game. That's why they play right? To win the game? Ask that lockerroom who gives them the best chance. Right now they will say it's Damon Huard. Croyle couldn't seize the job.
ROFL

He HE!!!!

Huard is going to get killed the next couple of weeks....

Should be fun to watch...

Bwana
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
No, but he can LEARN and GROW (which he needs to do seeing he isn't really much better than Huard at the moment). Huard will not get any better.

Perhaps, or it could turn him into the next Ryan Leaf. I know we will see him before to long as well, but I would put money on his first start being at Arrowhead. Lets hope our sorry WR's can figure out how to catch a ****ing ball before that happens.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Huard does indeed blow, but so does Saint Croyle. Do you think he would have "pulled it off" today?No, but at least we can find out what the kid has. If he stinks, then we will know what to do in the off-season.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Because this team knows that Huard gives them a better chance to win. Croyle played horribly in the preseason and has no game experience. It's called team morale. You keep them motivated until they show what they're made of, regardless of what you think that is. Reality will set in soon enough for this group, you'll see Croyle finish the season when it does. It seems pretty elementary.

I know we're going around in circles here, but win what exactly? Does team morale grow around a 20-3 loss where your offense has one drive that even resembled something done in the NFL?

Bwana
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
No, but at least we can find out what the kid has. If he stinks, then we will know what to do in the off-season.

As stated above, we will have that chance..........

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I know we're going around in circles here, but win what exactly? Does team morale grow around a 20-3 loss where your offense has one drive that even resembled something done in the NFL?

Who was suppossed to predict this? The coach? The players? No. Just the fans. You give them the BEST chance to win, would Croyle have done better? Score could've been 40-0 if Croyle started. Shouldn't be hard to see. You don't tell them they're destined to lose. That's dumb.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Why is it so hard for some of you retards to realize that Croyle CAN'T play right now? It's just ****ing stupid to think that you're going to start a season with a struggling offense, with a QB with ZERO experience. Did it ever occur to you that when this team starts off 0-4 or 1-3 that Croyle will get plenty of opportunity to show his moxie? What's the head coach suppossed to do to start the year? Tell his ENTIRE team that they're not good enough? It's moronic. Herm had ZERO choice.Dude, you are missing the point. The O was shitty with Huard. Huard has no upside. We don't know what Croyle can do. He's never started a regular seson game. Playing Huard serves no point. Croyle should start the home opener, barring an act of God, and Huard obtains actual QB abilities...

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Because this team knows that Huard gives them a better chance to win. There it is! LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Who was suppossed to predict this? The coach? The players? No. Just the fans. You give them the BEST chance to win, would Croyle have done better? Score could've been 40-0 if Croyle started. Shouldn't be hard to see. You don't tell them they're destined to lose. That's dumb.
I dont want to see croyle until after the SD game...

Let Huard take the beating...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I must have been watching a different game than most of the people here.

Huard was off on a lot of his throws, threw it behind Bowe on a slant, threw it behind Parker on a slant, threw only one pass more than 10 yards, on 3 and 9 threw a swing pass out in the flat - didn't even attempt to get a first down, two of the "out" patterns that he threw were nearly intercepted . . .

Folks, there's no way in hell for the Chiefs to win with Huard in the game. There is NO passing game with Huard in there. Period.

I think I'll stay home and listen to the games on the internet. No reason to be embarrassed at the bar again. When Browns and Redskin fans are coming over to commiserate because your team looked like shit . . . you know you've about hit rock bottom.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
As stated above, we will have that chance..........I view the posts from oldest to newest. :)

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM

20-3 or 40-0. There is no difference in my eyes. This squad is put together with paper mache and putty. They are destined to lose. The question is, do you want to lose and learn something about the new guys on the team, or lose with has been's and never were's?

And flop, I'm not trying to piss you off. We obviously see things differently. I just want to see a big step made by this franchise in the way they approach the most important position on the team: QB. I'm sick of the status quo.

You see it differently. That's cool.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Huard was off on a lot of his throws, threw it behind Bowe on a slant, threw it behind Parker on a slant, threw only one pass more than 10 yards, on 3 and 9 threw a swing pass out in the flat - didn't even attempt to get a first down, two of the "out" patterns that he threw were nearly intercepted . . .

Folks, there's no way in hell for the Chiefs to win with Huard in the game. There is NO passing game with Huard in there. Period.

I think I'll stay home and listen to the games on the internet. No reason to be embarrassed at the bar again. When Browns and Redskin fans are coming over to commiserate because your team looked like shit . . . you know you've about hit rock bottom.

That (bolded] isn't Huard's fault. That's the (old tired worn the f*ck out) philosophy of Martyball: Get the ball in a playmakers hands and let them make plays.

Status quo.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:25 PM

I think I'll stay home and listen to the games on the internet. No reason to be embarrassed at the bar again. When Browns and Redskin fans are coming over to commiserate because your team looked like shit . . . you know you've about hit rock bottom.But, but, but... he was 22-33. I know at least 9 of thoes completions went to LJ and Bennett out of the backfield.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Um I'm pretty sure everyone, other than the most ardent homer was pretty aware the Chiefs were not going to be good this year. This year is about youth and development not playing a 33 year old backup as a starter to win 6 games.

This team is not a contender which is why I crack up when people flip out that you can't go with a young guy cause he's not "ready". This year is about making those guys ready for future years or finding out of they are never will be's.

But we are back to typical Chiefs, play the old guys. And hell some fans are saying it's the right move, I'm glad to know some people dig the "just compete" role.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
That (bolded] isn't Huard's fault. That's the (old tired worn the f*ck out) philosophy of Martyball: Get the ball in a playmakers hands and let them make plays.

Status quo.

Yep, and as much as I dislike Madden, I used to love it when he was announcing and would point out that it makes no sense to run a 8 yard pattern when you need 12 for a first down.

Teams that win throw the ball where people have a reasonable chance to make the first down when you need it. Or farther . . .

But, crap, we didn't even run 8 yard patterns. I don't have the stats in front of me, but from what I saw of the game today, we threw more passes behind the line of scrimmage than we did in front of it.

It was just frackin' embarrassing.

I don't care if it's because noodle-arm Huard can't throw it, Herm doesn't have the balls to call it or if Mr. Hunt ordered them not to throw it downfield. If you can't pass in this league, you can't win.

Right now, we can't win.

Mr. Flopnuts
And flop, I'm not trying to piss you off. We obviously see things differently. I just want to see a big step made by this franchise in the way they approach the most important position on the team: QB. I'm sick of the status quo.

You see it differently. That's cool.

Not at all. I also think we want the same thing, just in different ways. I want Croyle to have a fighting chance. I want Croyle to play with the most favorable conditions possible. A home crowd for 6 of his first 8 games provide that. Having Huard in there now also serves a purpose in my eyes. He's more experienced, and can better lead young guys on the field. They'll all be better by week 5 when I expect to see Brodie Croyle become the full time starter for the Chiefs. I think what Herm and Carl is doing right now is correct. If Brodie isn't in for week 5, I'll be more than pissed. 11 games should be plenty of time to figure out if this is our guy. Why not give HIM the best chance to succeed is all I'm saying.

Thig Lyfe
Agreed.

Damon had plenty of excellent on-target throws that were MOTHER F*CKIN' DROPPED. Bowe sucked after the first series, and Jeff Webb was solely responsible for the first INT. In fact, Samie Parker was the only guy making catches. WHAT THE HELL?

Bottom line, Huard played well. It was the WR group that lost this game.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Um I'm pretty sure everyone, other than the most ardent homer was pretty aware the Chiefs were not going to be good this year. This year is about youth and development not playing a 33 year old backup as a starter to win 6 games.

This team is not a contender which is why I crack up when people flip out that you can't go with a young guy cause he's not "ready". This year is about making those guys ready for future years or finding out of they are never will be's.

But we are back to typical Chiefs, play the old guys. And hell some fans are saying it's the right move, I'm glad to know some people dig the "just compete" role.

So the players went into the year saying "We're gonna be really horrible this year." No way. That's not how it works. You make young guys BELIEVE. They'll figure it out for themselves soon enough. Until then, you feed the belief. It's smart. Otherwise, why should they EVER believe you later?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
But, but, but... he was 22-33. I know at least 9 of thoes completions went to LJ and Bennett out of the backfield.

Oh, woopee! 22-33, 0 Touchdowns, 2 INTS and what less than 200 yards total passing (if that).

I don't care if he's a 99.9% passer, if he's not throwing touchdown passes, he's not doing squat in my book. And the Chiefs never sniffed the end zone all day today.

Reerun_KC
Not at all. I also think we want the same thing, just in different ways. I want Croyle to have a fighting chance. I want Croyle to play with the most favorable conditions possible. A home crowd for 6 of his first 8 games provide that. Having Huard in there now also serves a purpose in my eyes. He's more experienced, and can better lead young guys on the field. They'll all be better by week 5 when I expect to see Brodie Croyle become the full time starter for the Chiefs. I think what Herm and Carl is doing right now is correct. If Brodie isn't in for week 5, I'll be more than pissed. 11 games should be plenty of time to figure out if this is our guy. Why not give HIM the best chance to succeed is all I'm saying.

Hey Homie, I agree with all but this bolded part...

Nice post!

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Agreed.

Damon had plenty of excellent on-target throws that were MOTHER F*CKIN' DROPPED. Bowe sucked after the first series, and Jeff Webb was solely responsible for the first INT. In fact, Samie Parker was the only guy making catches. WHAT THE HELL?

Bottom line, Huard played well. It was the WR group that lost this game.

how come Croyle didnt get the same treatment in the Saints preseason game, when the exact same things happened?

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Sure the players don't think they're gonna be awful but you have to make educated right decisions.

Basically what you want to do is so far out there. Croyle would be 30 years old before the team was good enough to put him in. You don't get to step into the perfect situation that's rare. Peyton Manning stepped into the worst team in the league his 1st year. You see if the guy has it or not simple as that, especially when you will probably will be in position to take the best QB in the next draft.

Hound333
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
There is so much going wrong on offense that you can't pin it on one person.

The line can't protect or open holes. Meaning LJ can't get running lanes or Huard can't throw deep.

Huard can't throw deep anyways and the other teams know it.

Our WRs were dropping to many catchable balls.

We made a team like Houstan actually look good.

I was excited when a kicker made a 27 yard field goal because it went through.

Ya, im done thinking about it.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Huard gives us the best chance (which is basically none).
Croyle is a baby and cannot handle the pressure.
Coaches start who the players want, instead of making their own decision.

Nice.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM

I guess this is where we differ the most. My feeling is I want Croyle to play in a hostile environment. I want him to make mistakes on the road that he'll learn from. Because maybe, just maybe, he escapes a sack, finds Bowe behind the defense and fires a strike for a TD. THAT is how a QB grows. He makes plays in a hostile environment. (IMO of course)

Because when he comes home and makes those same mistakes, he's going to get booed. Loud and long. I want a qb who is mentally tough and doesn't need a friendly environment to be successful.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Huard gives us the best chance (which is basically none).
Croyle is a baby and cannot handle the pressure.
Coaches start who the players want, instead of making their own decision.

Nice.

Actually what I was trying to say, is that while Damon gives us little chance to win RIGHT NOW, Croyle gives us NONE. When it doesn't matter anymore, and we're playing a ton of games at home, we will play for next season. We're just not going to do it until this one is completely shot. Sure, most of us knew that it was going into this year. The players didn't. They still don't. By week 5 they will. Then we'll make our moves. That pretty much sums up my entire rant over 2 threads. That's my opinion. I credit Rerun for calming me down enough to present it properly.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I enjoy how he talks about babying the QB of his team. What happened to a guy being a leader and being tough and willing a team?

You are acting like if anything happens to this guy he'll go into a depression and kill himself. You gotta be tough physically and mentally to be an NFL QB, no babying shit.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I guess this is where we differ the most. My feeling is I want Croyle to play in a hostile environment. I want him to make mistakes on the road that he'll learn from. Because maybe, just maybe, he escapes a sack, finds Bowe behind the defense and fires a strike for a TD. THAT is how a QB grows. He makes plays in a hostile environment. (IMO of course)

Because when he comes home and makes those same mistakes, he's going to get booed. Loud and long. I want a qb who is mentally tough and doesn't need a friendly environment to be successful.

I want him to do the same thing. And he will. After he's played those 6 of 8 games at home and got some real experience under his belt, we finish off the season with another 3 of 4 on the road. He's gonna get his chance in every environment. I want him to START his career in favorable conditions.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Should we put him in a dress?

Should we run a butler out with his water bottle to wipe the dribble on his face?

Should Herm wipe his ass at halftime?

Hell, let's line the tunnel with the bodies of all the other players out there busting there ass and risking injury so a rookie doesn't have to get his cleats dirty?!?!?! Damn, you are putting a diaper on a pro ball player?!?!?! (Thanks DV)

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Should we put him in a dress?

Should we run a butler out with his water bottle to wipe the dribble on his face?

Should Herm wipe his ass at halftime?

Hell, let's line the tunnel with the bodies of all the other players out there busting there ass and risking injury so a rookie doesn't have to get his cleats dirty?!?!?! ****, you are putting a diaper on a pro ball player?!?!?! (Thanks DV)

**** it. You're right. Throw him to the wolves, and when he turns out like Ryan Leaf we can always go find another. Rinse and repeat. I guess there's no strategy to football, just bonecrushing hits. Good luck with all of that.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
If Brodie Croyle is as much of a pussy or is treated like he's that much of a pussy just cut him now. You are never going to be a good QB when you are that way or you are treated that way.

Get tough, this shit is stupid.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually what I was trying to say, is that while Damon gives us little chance to win RIGHT NOW, Croyle gives us NONE. When it doesn't matter anymore, and we're playing a ton of games at home, we will play for next season. We're just not going to do it until this one is completely shot. Sure, most of us knew that it was going into this year. The players didn't. They still don't. By week 5 they will. Then we'll make our moves. That pretty much sums up my entire rant over 2 threads. That's my opinion. I credit Rerun for calming me down enough to present it properly.

So, what I'm parsing from the above statement is:

1) Wait until the team has given up (say around week 5)
2) Then throw the young QB in
3) Watch how he does with a completely demoralized team
4) Judge his future potential based on no support (remember, the team has to have given up on the season for him to play)

So, you're advocating giving Croyle no chance at all.

Nice

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
If Brodie Croyle is as much of a pussy or is treated like he's that much of a pussy just cut him now. You are never going to be a good QB when you are that way or you are treated that way.

Get tough, this shit is stupid.

You make me think you've played the game professionally. Thanks for the insight genius.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
**** it. You're right. Throw him to the wolves, and when he turns out like Ryan Leaf we can always go find another. Rinse and repeat. I guess there's no strategy to football, just bonecrushing hits. Good luck with all of that.
Hell yeah you throw him too the wolves. If he is gonna fall apart, I want it to happen NOW, so we CAN go get someone better. The guy either IS or IS NOT a pro QB that can play in this league. Babying him can ONLY delay answering that question, NOT change the result.

unlurking
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
So, what I'm parsing from the above statement is:

1) Wait until the team has given up (say around week 5)
2) Then throw the young QB in
3) Watch how he does with a completely demoralized team
4) Judge his future potential based on no support (remember, the team has to have given up on the season for him to play)

So, you're advocating giving Croyle no chance at all.

Nice
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
you're still missing the point....

the offense is going to suck .... the QB is going to look sucky.

Do you really want to ruin a young QB by putting them into such a shitty situation?Just ask Detroit how that's done.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I think we should just wait till we have every other piece on offense in there before we play Croyle because obviously he needs to be in the perfect situation to suceed.

To bad he'll be 35 by then.

kcwild
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Just got back from the game, that was brutal. The debate on who should start at quarterback is irrelevant until we get some receivers. I watched our receivers continuously get owned by corners that aren't that good. The reason why Sammie was the only one that was effective is because he was the only receiver who was getting any seperation to speak of. I thought the O-line was fairly decent in protection, there was simply nobody open. That is why so many passes were 5-10 yard routes. It became clear to the Texans that they didn't fear the receivers and started to cheat the safties in run support. This, I fear, will become the way all defenses play us until we can get some receivers worth a crap.

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I think we should just wait till we have every other piece on offense in there before we play Croyle because obviously he needs to be in the perfect situation to suceed.

To bad he'll be 35 by then.

there will always be an excuse not to groom young QB, it will never be perfect, it will always be risky....exactly why we have never done it, and will never do it...

just a bunch of excuses to remain mediocre....

boogblaster
09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Huard in reality only made a couple bad plays..he has no help no WRs no FB no play-calling ....

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
.he has no help no WRs no FB no play-calling ....Funny how these excuses work for Huard and wouldn't fly for Croyle...

Cochise
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Remember that Peyton Manning guy, languishing on a 3-13 team his first year... man, they really blew it with him, he could have been great.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Just got back from the game, that was brutal. The debate on who should start at quarterback is irrelevant until we get some receivers. I watched our receivers continuously get owned by corners that aren't that good. The reason why Sammie was the only one that was effective is because he was the only receiver who was getting any seperation to speak of. I thought the O-line was fairly decent in protection, there was simply nobody open. That is why so many passes were 5-10 yard routes. It became clear to the Texans that they didn't fear the receivers and started to cheat the safties in run support. This, I fear, will become the way all defenses play us until we can get some receivers worth a crap.

In fairness I think Dunta Robinson is pretty damn good.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Remember that Peyton Manning guy, languishing on a 3-13 team his first year... man, they really blew it with him, he could have been great.

He only threw 28 INT's man it's to bad to see it ruined him and he never turned out to be anything...

kcwild
09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
In fairness I think Dunta Robinson is pretty damn good.

Much better in run support than pass defense!

tk13
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
All I wanted, was for somebody else other than Croyle to start the Bears game, because I was afraid that might be a Ryan Leaf-esque moment. I don't think we match up well with them at all.

And after seeing how things have played out today, I'll stand by that. Sometime week 3 or later, we need to get him in there and let him play... but I'm actually happy to let Huard have a go at it next week. I agree you gotta let Croyle make mistakes and learn from them, I'm all for that, but he might not learn a thing next week if they demolish our offensive line like they're doing to the Chargers. There's a difference from being 1) too protective 2) letting him make some mistakes and 3) putting him in a bad situation where he could go 2-15 with 7 sacks and 3 INT.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Agreed.

Bottom line, Huard played well. It was the WR group that lost this game. :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
how come Croyle didnt get the same treatment in the Saints preseason game, when the exact same things happened?Don't bother...

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Funny how these excuses work for Huard and wouldn't fly for Croyle...
Huard can only run half the plays Croyle can, so it limits the play calling....

Where were the bootlegs and all the plays Croyle ran in Preseason?

RustShack
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Young wasn't in a good situation last year, they put him in anyways, he won games. Croyle won't turn out like Leaf, Croyle wasn't a #1 pick, and he isn't a pussy like Leaf. Losing a game won't ruin a QB's confidence, and if it does you find another QB that isn't a pussy. The team needs to grow together, not everyone else grow then rebuild their chemistry again for Croyle and have MORE growing pains than they need.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Because when he comes home and makes those same mistakes, he's going to get booed. Loud and long. I want a qb who is mentally tough and doesn't need a friendly environment to be successful.I agree completely. A young QB learns the most fighting through adversity. I don't know many young QBs who start when everything is laid out on a silver platter...

Mecca
I don't think Damon Huard can throw the ball more than 5 yards. Seriously, is that all he can do is dump it off?

He did it so many times the DT knew it was coming and picked it.

Thig Lyfe
:rolleyes:

Croyle could have come in and the same thing would have happened. My point is not that Huard is better than Croyle. It's that this loss had very little to do with who was playing QB.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
All I wanted, was for somebody else other than Croyle to start the Bears game, because I was afraid that might be a Ryan Leaf-esque moment. I don't think we match up well with them at all.

And after seeing how things have played out today, I'll stand by that. Sometime week 3 or later, we need to get him in there and let him play... but I'm actually happy to let Huard have a go at it next week. I agree you gotta let Croyle make mistakes and learn from them, I'm all for that, but he might not learn a thing next week if they demolish our offensive line like they're doing to the Chargers. There's a difference from being 1) too protective 2) letting him make some mistakes and 3) putting him in a bad situation where he could go 2-15 with 7 sacks and 3 INT.I am all for waiting until the home opener now.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I am all for waiting until the home opener now.

Minnesota's defense is really really good, running will be very hard in that game.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Croyle could have come in and the same thing would have happened. My point is not that Huard is better than Croyle. It's that this loss had very little to do with who was playing QB.It is if said QB is unable to make certain throws. Like Reerun mentioned, why didn't we see any bootlegs like Croyle ran? Most likely because Huard can't run them.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
If you wanna know what Huard can do, just look at that pass he threw to Bowe that was about 15-20 yards that was just a high floater.

It was a real nice catch but it was just a god awful pass.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
If you wanna know what Huard can do, just look at that pass he threw to Bowe that was about 15-20 yards that was just a high floater.

It was a real nice catch but it was just a god awful pass.
One thing Huard didnt do was give us HOPE for anything positive for the future..

Let him be the sacrifical lamb until week 4 or 5....

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Problem is we play several really really good defenses this year. After Chicago we get Minnesota and San Diego those defenses are good also.

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 04:46 PM

There is a difference. Peyton Manning has talent, Brodie Croyle sucks arse.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
There is a difference. Peyton Mannin has talent, Brodie Croyle sucks arse.
then that mean Huard invented suck arse?

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
then that mean Huard invented suck arse?
Yep, that that mean duh

KC2004
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
There is a difference. Peyton Manning has talent, Brodie Croyle sucks arse.

And i'm guessing you seen him play a full game in the NFL? Not that i'm a Brodie fan but damn. Don't think will have to worry about a busy server here in the next few weeks. Most of you guys are gonna commit suicide before we get that far.

mrbiggz
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I think what everyone isn't getting is that the combination of Herm/Solari/Curl isn't good enough to coach and call an NFL offense. How many people have faith that they can? I sure as hell don't. Watch and see Solari get thrown under the bus as the season wears on.

banyon
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
LOL nearly every analyst on TV is agreeing right now that the Browns should start Brady Quinn.

It's pretty much an identical situation except that Quinn was drafted higher.

Chiefnj2
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Why start Croyle at home? It will be more hostile than on the road. He's certain to get booed at Arrowhead more than he will at Chicago.

SDChief
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
One of the next few defenses will probably solve the problem for the chiefs. DH will get taken out and Croyle will have to play. I bet there will be a hint of relief in the minds of the coaches the second that happens. He will have to play. I almost wonder if secretly that is the plan. Herm had to know that the oline would have to play some games together (I have to admit I expected them to play worse) and a lot of younger players would have to get their feet wet. Bowe looked way better in the second half than he did in the first. I think DH is the sacrificial lamb. There is no call for DH if he is hurt and Croyle isn't winning games. Croyle will be the option, and he will get his chance to go in and make mistakes and make passes that DH will never be able to make. Hell the vets may rally and play better knowing they have a rookie. I think that is how it will play out, and then we will all find out if croyle is it or not. Either way we are rebuilding and we are not a playoff team. Huard only boggs down progress.

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
And i'm guessing you seen him play a full game in the NFL? Not that i'm a Brodie fan but damn. Don't think will have to worry about a busy server here in the next few weeks. Most of you guys are gonna commit suicide before we get that far.
Well, i've seen Peyton Manning play a full game in the NFL, and Croyle half a game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Croyle will never be anything close to Manning.

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP