percysnow
09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
oh joy

HonestChieffan
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
the denver luck truck continues to haul ass

FringeNC
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Doesn't really matter -- no reason to scoreboard watch as long as Herm Edwards remains coach.

challenger84
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
damn right we won. good work scoring 3 points against the ****ing texans by the way.

listopencil
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I was about to crap myself with all of the mistakes we made but we pulled it out. The D played better than I thought they would, but we need better tackling out of the LB's. The O needs to get in shape. They look like they could be really, really good this year but they have to keep their heads out of their asses. All in all...it's a win on the road to open the season. I'll take it.

beer bacon
09-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I was about to crap myself with all of the mistakes we made but we pulled it out. The D played better than I thought they would, but we need better tackling out of the LB's. The O needs to get in shape. They look like they could be really, really good this year but they have to keep their heads out of their asses. All in all...it's a win on the road to open the season. I'll take it.

This is how I felt about the Chiefs game. Except that we suck and have no hope.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Luck truck? They played a good game... hell, both games played well at times and screwed up equally. They made the plays they needed in the end...

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 02:54 PM

All in all, you guys went into a hostile environment, played like Sh#t and pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat. Nice job. Buffalo is a better team than Houston.

DaFace
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I was absolutely floored when they got that last kick off for the win.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
You win to play the game

:)

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
You win to play the game

:)

ROFL

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Nice win by Denver at least you have hope with Cutler

Mile High Mania
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
All in all, you guys went into a hostile environment, played like Sh#t and pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat. Nice job. Buffalo is a better team than Houston.

Played like shit? Sure, they didn't dominate and win by 20, but offensively they moved the ball well. Yes, they had issues and Cutler had some mistakes, but not bad for a first game on the road. The Bills need a new QB though... they're going to be dangerous with Lynch.

Mi_chief_fan
09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Played like shit? Sure, they didn't dominate and win by 20, but offensively they moved the ball well. Yes, they had issues and Cutler had some mistakes, but not bad for a first game on the road. The Bills need a new QB though... they're going to be dangerous with Lynch.
Buffalo could do nothing offensively, Denver should have won by a substantial margin. Agree on Losman, their quarterback actually did cost them the game.

SoCalBronco
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
What luck? We outgained them by 200 yards. We deserved to win whether he made it or not.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Buffalo could do nothing offensively, Denver should have won by a substantial margin. Agree on Losman, their quarterback actually did cost them the game.

They settled for too many FG's (missed 2), but I was happy with the way they were moving the ball. Marshall showed that he can be a force in time and Stokely adds a nice dynamic.

Margin of victory doesn't matter... and according to Herm, Denver scoring 15 points is a good effort.

It was a nice road win, yes they have many areas to work on... but I like the first step.

DomCasual
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM

I realize you're all teary-eyed and stuff, but which part of that win would you consider luck? Total offense: Denver 470; Buffalo 184. The Broncos end up with a 300-yard passer, and 100-yard rusher, and a 100-yard receiver. Cutler made a few bone-headed plays that showed his youth, and Jason Elam missed two FGs. Otherwise, that game wouldn't have been close.

Anyway, back to your suicide watch.

vailpass
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
1-0

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I realize you're all teary-eyed and stuff, but which part of that win would you consider luck? Total offense: Denver 470; Buffalo 184. The Broncos end up with a 300-yard passer, and 100-yard rusher, and a 100-yard receiver. Cutler made a few bone-headed plays that showed his youth, and Jason Elam missed two FGs. Otherwise, that game wouldn't have been close.

Anyway, back to your suicide watch.

Don't forget a meltdown on a punt and a near meltdown on a kick.

vailpass
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't forget a meltdown on a punt and a near meltdown on a kick.

If that sh*t doesn't get fixed POST HASTE it will cost Denver a game(s) this season, probably where it counts most.
New ST coach=same old story.
Cutler will learn and grow from his mistakes today, its ST that leaves me worried after today.

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
This annoys me.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice to see you back valipass where have you been?

vailpass
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
This annoys me.
How ya' been Rain? Sorry to annoy you with Bronco talk on your home board, just joinin' in the conversation.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
If that sh*t doesn't get fixed POST HASTE it will cost Denver a game(s) this season, probably where it counts most.
Cutler will learn and grow from his mistakes today, its ST that leaves me worried after today.

You're not kidding. Who exactly made the tail end of this 53 man roster and on what merit if Champ Bailey has to play special teams?

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
How ya' been Rain? Sorry to annoy you with Bronco talk on your home board, just joinin' in the conversation.

I'm suicidal at the moment. I can't believe that the 1972 Dolphins are already opening their champagne bottles on us.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't look now, but the Bears are shutting out the Chargers in thier house. Where the heck is *****ingkaeding? I'm betting the under next week, even if it is 18 points.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Don't look now, but the Bears are shutting out the Chargers in thier house. Where the heck is *****ingkaeding? I'm betting the under next week, even if it is 18 points.

Nice call. LT to Gates ... TD.

vailpass
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
You're not kidding. Who exactly made the tail end of this 53 man roster and on what merit if Champ Bailey has to play special teams?

Exactly right. Why don't we just put Javon Walker and Brandon Marhsall on kick returns, they're both fast? :rolleyes:

vailpass
09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm suicidal at the moment. I can't believe that the 1972 Dolphins are already opening their champagne bottles on us.

One game on the road is all it was, plenty of time for growth and adjustments.
The real question is: were your beers nice and cold today?

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
One game on the road is all it was, plenty of time for growth and adjustments.
The real question is: were your beers nice and cold today?

I don't drink, but then again the season is young.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Exactly right. Why don't we just put Javon Walker and Brandon Marhsall on kick returns, they're both fast?

Don't post drunk.

vailpass
09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't drink, but then again the season is young.

:) I don't know whether to envy you or shudder in fear.
Perhaps I'll open a cool one and ponder.

Rocky Mtn Stampede
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM

The special teams was responsible for putting Denver in a bad position in the first place, but the coaching of ST coach Scott O'Brien is what ultimately saved their ass today. Elam said in the postgame press conference that O'Brien had the FG kicking unit sprint out onto to the field to simulate a similar game situation on a daily basis during training camp. Elam said the players didn't like doing it, but now they know why they did all those sprints in the August heat.

Give O'Brien a mulligan this week.