PDA

View Full Version : As sad as this is,KC actually played better than I thought they would..

donkhater
09-09-2007, 02:22 PM
The defense looked good for most of the game. Giving up a TD to one of the best WR's in the game is nothing to hang your head about.

The team got into a hole with 4 plays:

--Medlock's missed FG. Had to deflate the offense after starting so positively.

--Drummond's fumble. Gave them FG postion right off the bat.

--Gonzo's PI call after Sammie Parker caught a 1st down. A BS call plain and simple. No one who watches that replay (I have and I don't think he even touches a guy) can say otherwise.

--The fumble (???????) and susbsequent TD. I really was surprised that held up.

That's 13 points of swing + momentum killer. Once Houston got up by 2 scores, the defense was handcuffed and the offense was 1 dimensional whcih lead to some sacks.

This team just isn't good enough to win if they can't play near perfect football. I thought the play calling was OK. The wideouts (I refuse to call them receivers) couldn't hang on to the ball. And you can't blame Solari for calling dink and dunk plays after watching that bomb (duck?) by Huard?

kstater
09-09-2007, 02:23 PM
DOOOOMED

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
D played good overall. Too bad we didnt have this D from 03-05

Lopsided team once again....

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree with all that.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 02:25 PM
--Gonzo's PI call after Sammie Parker caught a 1st down. A BS call plain and simple. No one who watches that replay (I have and I don't think he even touches a guy) can say otherwise.

Agreed...How can they call that on a guy who didnt even catch the ball?? It had nothing to do with the play??? I dont get it???

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Was the fumble by #84 upheld because he was behind the Line of Scrimmage?

Stewie
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Yep, we played as I hoped and lost to a mediocre team.

donkhater
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Good points:

--The defense. They played very well, I thought.

---Bowe. Had a some drops, but had a very good debut. stretched out for a couple and made an impossible catch downfield. Nothing to scream about from him.

--coverage units. I thought the coverage units were stellar considering the talent they had back there. They're going to have to repeat that performance next week.

donkhater
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Agreed...How can they call that on a guy who didnt even catch the ball?? It had nothing to do with the play??? I dont get it???
If you watch the replay it looks as if he pushes off the LB. BUT...

I'm not sure he even touched the guy AND it was within the 5-yard zone. If the LB can bump him in that zone can't TG bump the LB? AND the pass wasn't even to him.

It was just a BS call and a momentum killer. It definately had a role in the outcome of the game.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Drummond made a heck of a coverage play on the clip, got hit and still made the tackle. The fumble he was trying to hard and got lit up.

blueballs
09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I agree
athe Chiefs played better than I expected
Texans played much better than expected

chiefsfan1963
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
they played well for a team that is rebuilding and gearing up for a Top 5 draft pick next year! :)

beer bacon
09-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Our defense's biggest weakness was the inexperience of our safeties. That should be cured in time.

Logical
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
The young players that were given a chance looked good.

Parker definitely improved.

I tried to tell people that maybe Jordan Black was not as bad as he played last year, but then again he was not tested by Jared Allen.

Not much positive I can say about the offense, sorry.