PDA

View Full Version : Yeah!! Group chuckle from the CBS crew

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Simms - If you're Brian Brohm, you're looking at Atlanta of KC in your future.
Jackson - You think Atlanta is gonna be that bad.
Horseface - Well, KC sure didn't disappoint today.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Ouch Served!

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
If we suck and get that high we better take the best OT.

Baby Lee
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, because if we draft a QB, we'll destroy him by starting him in something brutal, I think they call it an NFL game.

thehead
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Better Pick a Fuggin QBOTF :clap:

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM

BS if we get the chance to draft a sure fire starting QB you do it

Fruit Ninja
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Now imagine Whitlocks column tonight. Its going to be a good read. One of the first times i will be actually waiting to read it. Its going to be comedy gold.

donkhater
Why draft a QB? We'll just ruin his confidence. [/sarcasm]

ChiefaRoo

We can get an experienced OT through FA. Hopefully a LT Stud who will let McIntosh move to the right side with Turley as a backup. First round early I'd take the stud QB or receiver. Early 2nd I'd take a Center who is a smasher like Grunhard used to be.

Sure-Oz
We are the laughing stock of the league, im sure Carl just loves that

'Hamas' Jenkins
Brian Brohm is not a sure fire QB. Jake Long and Sam Baker are sure fire LT's.

ChiefsCountry
Yeah, because if we draft a QB, we'll destroy him by starting him in something brutal, I think they call it an NFL game.

Not that, we just dont have the OL. You can put Peyton Manning back there and it wouldnt matter.

Stewie
09-09-2007, 03:33 PM
We are bad no matter how Herm tries to spin it.

BigChiefFan
I'd take Brohm over any of the LTs at this point. Brohm is a superstar in the making. We would be fools to think that Croyle is the answer at this point. He's an undersized ,3rd round QB, who has looked like a bust up to this point. Even with Croyle-we are still very light at the position. If you get a shot to take a franchise QB, you pull the trigger.

ChiefsCountry
Brian Brohm is not a sure fire QB. Jake Long and Sam Baker are sure fire LT's.

Exactly.

Reerun_KC
Not that, we just dont have the OL. You can put Peyton Manning back there and it wouldnt matter.

But we do have a backup QB starting....

DomerNKC
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
FIRE HERM NOW, then rebuild.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM

The Colts are starting a 2nd round rookie LT....

I understand line is important but using that pick on a LT instead of a QB is pretty stupid for the most part.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 03:44 PM

I understand line is important but using that pick on a LT instead of a QB is pretty stupid for the most part.

Brian Brohm isn't Peyton Manning...he isn't even Matt Leinart.

Coach
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd take Brohm over any of the LTs at this point. Brohm is a superstar in the making. We would be fools to think that Croyle is the answer at this point. He's an undersized ,3rd round QB, who has looked like a bust up to this point. Even with Croyle-we are still very light at the position. If you get a shot to take a franchise QB, you pull the trigger.

Sorry. I disagree. As Hamas mentioned, "Brian Brohm is not a sure fire QB. Jake Long and Sam Baker are sure fire LT's."

Coach
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Brohm = System QB.

See Tim Rattay, Andre Ware, etc.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, KC sure didn't disappoint today.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!We deserved that comment...

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Brian Brohm isn't Peyton Manning...he isn't even Matt Leinart.

more like Tim Couch

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
We'll see, Brohm is a top 5 pick basically any year he would have entered the draft.

There's no guarantee Brodie Croyle is good either....

cdcox
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
By the end of the year, Brohm should have the career starts and completion percentage to project as a success in the NFL. If he's the best player on the board when we pick, I'd pull the trigger.

I think the Chiefs are headed in the wrong direction, but I don't think they will have one of the worst 3 records in the NFL by the end of the season.

JBucc
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
McFadden can play QB and LT.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
We'll see, Brohm is a top 5 pick basically any year he would have entered the draft.

There's no guarantee Brodie Croyle is good either....

But there is a guarantee that Turley sucks ass, and McIntosh is 30 years old.

KurtCobain
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
We can get an experienced OT through FA. Hopefully a LT Stud who will let McIntosh move to the right side with Turley as a backup. First round early I'd take the stud QB or receiver. Early 2nd I'd take a Center who is a smasher like Grunhard used to be.

I like it. Especially the moving McIntosh to the right and getting a C in the second. Solid input. +rep

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
By the end of the year, Brohm should have the career starts and completion percentage to project as a success in the NFL. If he's the best player on the board when we pick, I'd pull the trigger.

I think the Chiefs are headed in the wrong direction, but I don't think they will have one of the worst 3 records in the NFL by the end of the season.

Who's worse? Cleveland? Dallas won't take a QB....the Chiefs may very well have a top 5 pick this team is pretty awful.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Brian Brohm is not a sure fire QB....

Not with this franchise. We need a game manager, not a qb..... ****, I hate this franchise.

FringeNC
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm less concerned about who we may draft and where we may draft than who the GM and HC will be next season. If it's the same stooges we have now....

Mecca
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM

You can't replace a whole team in a year but I'd rather take the QB in that spot, quality LT's are more likely to slide in a draft than a QB.

Der Flöprer
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Bullshit. Peyton Manning is amazing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
You can't replace a whole team in a year but I'd rather take the QB in that spot, quality LT's are more likely to slide in a draft than a QB.

:spock:

You can't take a QB because we might need one. LT is a position of need AND value early in the draft.

BigChiefFan
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree. Turley has looked like dog shit ever since he became a Chief. He looks better than last year, but that isn't saying much. Where are all of the young, developed O-lineman that Carl has drafted? Oh that's right-they can't even beat out Turley.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
It has to be OL in the first round. That said, it seemed like Damon had time to throw the ball, and make the throw, but nobody could catch it. Still, I wouldn't want to become the Lions and keep taking wideouts in the first round.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
LMAO

I don't anything about this website but they have us as the worst team in football this season and taking Brohm.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM

The last thing this team needs to do is spend even more money on high-priced veteran free agents.

If you get Jake Long/Sam Baker, you can have him for 10-12 years, barring injury.

Cut Turley, he's f*cking worthless. So is Terry. 1st round picks on a receiver run the highest risk of any position outside of DT for a bust.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
LMAO

I don't anything about this website but they have us as the worst team in football this season and taking Brohm.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

If we do get the first pick I don't see them passing on Jake Long.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
If we do get the first pick I don't see them passing on Jake Long.

If they didn't take Brohm with the first pick they are ****ing stupid.

Unless something goes terribly wrong Brohm will be the consensus #1 pick , in fact he already is.

MahiMike
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Better Pick a Fuggin QBOTF :clap:

While you're at it, just draft a QB in EVERY round? Maybe you'll find one that way.

How many times do I have to tell you guys - you NEVER draft a QB!

Mecca
09-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Until I see anything that shows me otherwise I consider QB a need. There is NOTHING that proves Brodie Croyle is the answer to anything. They should play him to see if they need to draft a QB or not though.

I personally will believe Croyle is the answer when I see it. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me just due to the severe injury proneness and now the Chiefs refusal to play him even when they know they're bad.

I think this OL stuff has gotten out of hand, like Willie Roaf was the greatest player in the history of the game.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I think this OL stuff has gotten out of hand, like Willie Roaf was the greatest player in the history of the game.

Thats bs OL and DL is where you build a team. A stud LT can make your franchise see Jaguars with Boseill, Rams with Pace, Ravens with Ogden.

unothadeal
09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Thats bs OL and DL is where you build a team. A stud LT can make your franchise see Jaguars with Boseill, Rams with Pace, Ravens with Ogden.
Chargers and McNeil possibly

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Yea as the Dynasty team the Patriots starts their 3rd round pick Matt Light out there at LT.

I don't have a problem taking at LT top 5 if he is "that" good and other serious positions of need are filled. Until I see other QB is just as big of a need and I go QB over LT.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM

True but when you get a chance to draft a franchise QB you do it.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea as the Dynasty team the Patriots starts their 3rd round pick Matt Light out there at LT.

I don't have a problem taking at LT top 5 if he is "that" good and other serious positions of need are filled. Until I see other QB is just as big of a need and I go QB over LT.

EXACTLY

Look at the Colts they drafted their rookie starting LT in the 2nd round

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I just think some people are taking this Willie Roaf shit way to far like they'd rather have him than a franchise QB.

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
McFadden can play QB and LT.
...............at the same time.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I just think some people are taking this Willie Roaf shit way to far like they'd rather have him than a franchise QB.

Because they think Croyle is the future so they don't believe we need a franchise QB so we need a franchise LT.

If I believed that to be true I would want a franchise LT but I don't think much of Croyle...right now. Hopefully he will get his chance to play sooner than later so we can find out and move on either way.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
BS if we get the chance to draft a sure fire starting QB you do itSure, then sign a top notch proven LT. He will know what his job is.

cdcox
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM

The problem with threads like this is all the LT people think they are drafting Willie Roaf, when it just as easily could be Robert Gallery.

Similarly, the QB people think they are drafting Peyton Manning, when the chances are it is David Carr.

Still, I'd take my chances drafting a QB.

jjchieffan
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I dont know the ratios, but looking back at QB's and OL's taken in the first 5 picks, I see only one Peyton Manning, but several Todd Blackledges, Ryan Leafs, Tim Couches, and David Carrs. However, I see one Robert Gallery, and several Orlando Paces, Johnathon Ogdens. I say we dont risk that high of a pick on a QB, we should definetly go with an OT.

jjchieffan
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
btw...screw the espn crew. They never fail to disappoint.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
EXACTLY

Look at the Colts they drafted their rookie starting LT in the 2nd round

Look who the Colts had a tackle when they won their Super Bowl.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Until Brodie Croyle shows anything I don't factor him into future decisions for the team. Damon Huard is playing ahead of him right now that has to say something about him.

Skip Towne
Sure, then sign a top notch proven LT. He will know what his job is.
Can't. LJ got all of the money.

Thig Lyfe
I dont know the ratios, but looking back at QB's and OL's taken in the first 5 picks, I see only one Peyton Manning, but several Todd Blackledges, Ryan Leafs, Tim Couches, and David Carrs. However, I see one Robert Gallery, and several Orlando Paces, Johnathon Ogdens. I say we dont risk that high of a pick on a QB, we should definetly go with an OT.

Drafting a tackle in the first round has the lowest bust risk of any position. When OL is a position of need, and you can take the best tackle in college football, you take him. I don't think the Chiefs will have the worst record in the league, so I think the whole Brohm debate will end up being pointless. I do think top 5 is a definite possibility, and in that case Jake Long would absolutely be the best option.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM

It's because teams value QB's more than LT's so if they rate close almost every single time they'll go QB.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Drafting a tackle in the first round has the lowest bust risk of any position. When OL is a position of need, and you can take the best tackle in college football, you take him. I don't think the Chiefs will have the worst record in the league, so I think the whole Brohm debate will end up being pointless. I do think top 5 is a definite possibility, and in that case Jake Long would absolutely be the best option.

I think Baker is better than Long as an overall player.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
It's because teams value QB's more than LT's so if they rate close almost every single time they'll go QB.

Look at Cleveland this year.

Skip Towne
Robert Gallery?

dirk digler

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_detail.php?id=1634

The Tabulations…

Quarterbacks taken in the Top 5 of the Draft since 1967: 36

Booms: 15

Busts: 17

Too Early to Tell: Four

Hall-of-Famers: Four (Five, when Peyton Manning is inducted)

Best QB in Draft by Year: Eleven of Twenty Years (not counting 2004-06)

So, roughly, based on history, there is about a 10-to-15% chance of landing an absolute stud in the top five, a 10-15% chance of landing a franchise-killer, and a two-thirds chance of landing someone ranging from somewhat above to somewhat below average. More often than not, though, the pick yields at-least decent value.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Can't. LJ got all of the money.Sorry, but as important as TG is to the offense right now, I would have to disagree.

We should trade TG, if all we are going to do is throw to him 3 times a game. What a waste.

In order for Huard to hit him, he will have to come out of the back field on a swing pass, or line up wide and slant in on a 2 step route.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Look at Cleveland this year.

That was a who the QB was thing, they would have taken Jamarcus Russell before Joe Thomas if they had, had the choice of anyone they wanted.