PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Sippio...if Kennison is out

Gracie Dean
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I would like to see Bobby Sippio come in.

watching him in the Hard knocks series he seems to be able to haul in many different kinds of passes.

kcfanXIII
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
i'm all for bringing up sippio if EK's hamstring is serious.

dirk digler
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
The radio guys asked Herm about Sippio coming up and he indicated that could happen but it depends on Eddie's condition and they need to make sure before they have to cut a player.

Fruit Ninja
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Lenny asked him after the game. If Kennison is out, are you going to bring up Sippio. Herm goes, we would have to cut someone. So we will see.

Gracie Dean
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Lenny asked him after the game. If Kennison is out, are you going to bring up Sippio. Herm goes, we would have to cut someone. So we will see.

I can name several guys to cut

starting with dumban huard

blueballs
buggar McFarland

morphius
It is a hamstring, not an IR situation.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
It's tough... Cut Webb I'd reckon. Not fair considering how he got blasted on his INT, but I think you can still keep him around on the PS.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Hell yeah!

http://www.antiquesextant.com/images/zippo150.jpg = put him on the board, CHAMPIONSHIP!

dirk digler

Yeah but serious hamstring pulls could mean you are out for several weeks at the minimum.

They are going to need the extra WR.

Fruit Ninja
It's tough... Cut Webb I'd reckon. Not fair considering how he got blasted on his INT, but I think you can still keep him around on the PS.
Cant cut Webb. You need him at WR. Cant go with just 3.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I'd cut Harris.

KurtCobain
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Bring up Sippio no matter what EKs condition is. We. Need. Help.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
When will sippio madness end...please please please make this go away

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
EK's injury f*cked us over. He (except for Samie Parker, apparently) is the only WR on this roster who can catch.

The #1 problem this team has is catching the ball. Bobby Sippio can catch the ball. He needs to get on the field.

baitism

I take it you aren't familiar with hamstring injuries. A bad one can be worse than knee surgery as far as recovery time.

morphius
I'd cut Harris.
Yeah, we could give the starting job to Bell...

CupidStunt
09-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Pretty much in the stars for Sippio to play. It's all setup.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I bet HBO was behind EK's hamstring injury.

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Cant cut Webb. You need him at WR. Cant go with just 3.Why not? we are running the LJ bone.

Cochise
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM

He didn't get "blasted". The ball hit him in the chest and bounced off before he was even hit.

Bowser
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Take all of our receivers out on the practice field, and throw each of them 5 passes, covering all range of catches (short, long, medium, post, out) Whichever one drops the most, cut him and bring in Sippio. Then watch the meltdown the first time Sippio drops an easy first down/touchdown.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Take all of our receivers out on the practice field, and throw each of them 5 passes, covering all range of catches (short, long, medium, post, out) Whichever one drops the most, cut him and bring in Sippio. Then watch the meltdown the first time Sippio drops an easy first down/touchdown.

That won't happen because Sippio can't drop a pass. It's physically impossible.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
EK's injury f*cked us over. He (except for Samie Parker, apparently) is the only WR on this roster who can catch.

The #1 problem this team has is catching the ball. Bobby Sippio can catch the ball. He needs to get on the field.

I agree this team sucked at catching the ball today.

The key word is "execution".

I think the receivers dropping passes has to do with poor preparation.

If Sippio can catch the ball, I'd give him a try. Heck if we start off 1-5, why not? Nothing to lose.

Terribilis
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I bet HBO was behind EK's hamstring injury.
ROFL

Bowser
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
That won't happen because Sippio can't drop a pass. It's physically impossible.

This is true. I would question your statement, but Hard Knocks confirms it.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Is Bobby Sippio good?

Honestly.

I keep hearing about this guy. Is he good? Or is this some kind of joke? Where the fans are pimping him ala Scanlon.

Bowser
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Is Bobby Sippio good?

Honestly.

I keep hearing about this guy. Is he good? Or is this some kind of joke? Where the fans are pimping him ala Scanlon.

Really? He's kind of reached Scanlon like heights of popularity here.

He's an ex- Arena League star. He caught 37 touchdowns last season for Chicago, and aparently hasn't dropped a pass in practice yet.

jjchieffan
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I was wondering, was Parker the only reciever that didnt drop a catch today? I missed part of the game because our preacher is long winded, but the part of the game I saw, Parker caught everything thrown his way. I am still in shock. Was Sippio out there wearing #18 today or what?

Terribilis
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM

the #1 problem with this is offense is weak *** play-calling. When you never take shots downfield, the DB's are just going to sit there and wait to blow up our WR's.

I am getting more sick of solari then anyone else on our team. this guy is uninspiring, and calls a feeble game. I realize a big part of it is execution, but we the offensive design cant always be to 'grind teams out and maul them to death'- especially 17 points down. this offense needs to force the issue downfield, EVEN if Huard cant hit them just so we can at the very least help our WR corp get a step. They arent good enough to get good separation consistently, and they need all the help they can get. thats solari's fault.

Terribilis
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Is Bobby Sippio good?

Honestly.

I believe Chief fans are starved for a big, physical receiver that can catch balls in traffic. HBO painted sippio as that kind of guy, and gave the fans EXACTLY what they wanted, a compelling underdog. He has tremendous arena ball numbers (for whatever thats worth). He doesnt seem to have much of a grasp of the offense, but he got to camp late. he does looked pretty good in what little time he saw in preseason, but it might look a lot different if he were blanketed by dre bly or champ bailey

GarySpFc
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Is Bobby Sippio good?
Honestly.

Go to U-Tube and look at the Sippio video. True, it is Arena football, but you will see Sippio catching passes with 2 or 3 defenders hanging on. He is as big as Bowe and a devasting blocker downfield. Heck, he catches passes with one hand our receivers cannot catch with two. One individual said he watched 7 Chicago Rush games, and Sippio was the main offensive weapon, and catches everything thown near him.
The important thing:

Sippio does not drop passes.

unothadeal
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Go to U-Tube and look at the Sippio video. True, it is Arena football, but you will see Sippio catching passes with 2 or 3 defenders hanging on. He is as big as Bowe and a devasting blocker downfield. Heck, he catches passes with one hand our receivers cannot catch with two. One individual said he watched 7 Chicago Rush games, and Sippio was the main offensive weapon, and catches everything thown near him.
The important thing:

I don't think you'll see many dropped passes in a highlight video.

GarySpFc
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think you'll see many dropped passes in a highlight video.

Oh nonsense! That was NOT the point of asking everyone to view Sippio's highlight video, and you should have recognized that. The video shows the catches he makes in heavy traffic.

Cochise
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Is Bobby Sippio good?

Honestly.

Bobby Sippio once played 18 holes of golf using a 12 inch strip of rebar and a sun dried tomato. He shot a 54.