PDA

View Full Version : What's the problem with the offense?

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
We scored only three points, which is slightly more than half of Herm's goal. What's wrong? Pick as many as you want, kind of like the Texans did with our passes.

bishop_74
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Line blocked OK... Huard was throwing all over the place.

Bowser
Herm is the problem.

"21 points? That's Arena ball stuff".

Yes, he said that.

Hound333
If we hadn't missed that first field goal we would have gotten to Herm's goal and won for sure

:-P

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
#1 problem is dropped passes. Its the same crap that happened in Indianapolis, its more about the exectution than the playcalling IMO.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Execution more than anything. or lack of it.

Cant sustain drives when you drop passes, false start, take the easy check down pass. The Chiefs play calling is clearly limited with Huard.

Bowser
I'll add that Solari is aparently not very good at making in-game adjustments. He needs to go back to being an O-Line coach, and let Charlie Joiner take over the playcalling.

banyon
this should be a good poll.

RustShack
We need a real QB, WR's need more experiance (Bowe, Webb, Sippio), maybe even draft another high WR if Webb and Sippio don't pan out, Oline needs to get used to playing together and add a few more people, Solari needs to move back to oline coach, and we need a new O Cordinater.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Line blocked OK... Huard was throwing all over the place.By "All over the place" do you mean, 5 yards beyond the LOS?

Count Alex's Losses
We aren't prepared. They need to gameplan more in preseason. We've got the talent...the O-line was solid today...guys are just making mental mistakes. Dropped passes....penalties...

the Talking Can
Huard can't throw more than 3 yards downfield. He has no vision.

Solari reads Hustler during the game and just keep saying "swing pass" into his head set so no one will bother him.

Our best WR is Parker.

Herm is dumb and hates offense.

Count Alex's Losses
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM

I think this is flat wrong...no one was getting open. We really missed Kennison. They just tripled Gonzo and said the hell with your offense.

The Chiefs should get credit for the playcalling today...there was no sign of buttsex football. If anything we threw TOO MUCH.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I think this is flat wrong...no one was getting open. We really missed Kennison. They just tripled Gonzo and said the hell with your offense.

The Chiefs should get credit for the playcalling today...there was no sign of buttsex football. If anything we threw TOO MUCH.

Agreed. The playcalling was decent today. If we would have ran LJ 30 times, people would have complained about that as well.

kcwild
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Receivers, Receivers, Receivers! As I stated in another thread, I was at the game today and our receiving core is pathetic. Sammie was the only receiver that could get seperation from the corners, and those corners are average against the pass at best. Our O-Line played fairly well but the Texans didn't fear our receivers at all and started to cheat their safeties in run support. Damon did look down field but there weren't any open receivers so he constantly settled for the dump off or check down. Until our receiving corp improves, look for more the same from other defenses. It is going to be some tuff times for LJ with no passing game.

blueballs
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Kennison injuried on first offensive play
Tony G almost dies in the offseason

the Talking Can
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM

save your premium stuff for the idiots, thanks...

Skip Towne
09-09-2007, 05:25 PM

Solari reads Hustler during the game and just keep saying "swing pass" into his head set so no one will bother him.

Our best WR is Parker.

Herm is dumb and hates offense.
Solari: see Peter Principle.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't see "mindset" listed under your options poll for voting rainman

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Herm is the problem.

"21 points? That's Arena ball stuff".

Yes, he said that.

That is a classic example of mindset.

I vote for mindset.

bishop_74
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
By "All over the place" do you mean, 5 yards beyond the LOS?

No... I mean he was throwing over or behind the receivers. I can't count how many "missed" catches were due to the receivers having to twist around or stretch out to get the balls. It just looks like Huard is trying to throw to a spot, but the receivers aren't in the right place. Not excusing some of their lame catches, but this game really made Huard look like he didn't belong out there. Not sure if any of our alternatives would have been that much better though.

blueballs
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
the domino effect on the defense scares me
Jared ALlen might have took to the bottle again

Calcountry
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I believe, coaches not doing stuff effectively could have been only one choice instead of 10 choices.

Buehler445
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the offensive playcalling. We threw the ball. Life was good. Until the ball got to the receiver and they dropped it or handed it to the defense.

LJ didn't get many carries, which I'll give a pass for because he's out of shape.

The line held up well. But when they didn't, Huard could not move at all. If they got penetration and he couldn't throw it away, he got uber sacked. Croyle would have handled that part better IMO.

Parker caught the ball. But everybody else didn't. I already mentioned it, but it bears repeating. Bowe eventually pulled his head out, but even TG dropped one. Webb bounced it off his chest to the other team.

The fumble by Bigfoot was a BS call IMO. One of a couple questionable calls during the game.

Medlock missed. I'm at a loss for words. I have no idea.

Terrible aweful bad execution, the ONE THING you have control over. :banghead:

cdcox
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM

They just moved the buttsex football from the running game to the passing game.

There is absolutely no excuse for completing 2/3 of your passes and only average 5.2 yards per attempt. It's like you aren't even giving the defense a challenge.

Bowser
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Either the playcalling was shit, or Huard was scared the whole game, looking immediately for his outlet receiver. Probably a little of both.

Count Alex's Losses
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
save your premium stuff for the idiots, thanks...

I only write one premium article a week...and it's always a game preview.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
The fumble by Bigfoot was a BS call IMO. One of a couple questionable calls during the game.

That call could have gone either way, but i didnt see a "football move"

The PI on TG was BS too. I dont understand how you can call him for that when he wasnt even the one who caught the ball?? It had no bearing on the play and cost us a 1st down.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Turley is f*cking horrible.

Svitek belongs in NFL Antarctica.

chiefs4me
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
where is the option for "we don't have one":shake:

Rain Man
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the Wilson fumble was a reasonable call in light of the new rules. I would place the blame more on him for fumbling.

If I was the offensive coordinator (and hopefully I will be soon), I would do the following:

1. Hand off to LJ...a lot.

2. Throw short passes to Tony G...a lot.

3. Run play action when I want to run any other kind of pass.

4. Once the other team puts nine in the box, throw it downfield to whoever the heck our receivers are, or to Wilson.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
We aren't prepared. They need to gameplan more in preseason. We've got the talent...the O-line was solid today...guys are just making mental mistakes. Dropped passes....penalties...

*Bad teams make those types of mistakes. Really bad teams.

*It's okay to use that line in a premium article. I won't ask for credit.

RedThat
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the offensive playcalling. We threw the ball. Life was good. Until the ball got to the receiver and they dropped it or handed it to the defense.

LJ didn't get many carries, which I'll give a pass for because he's out of shape.

The line held up well. But when they didn't, Huard could not move at all. If they got penetration and he couldn't throw it away, he got uber sacked. Croyle would have handled that part better IMO.

Parker caught the ball. But everybody else didn't. I already mentioned it, but it bears repeating. Bowe eventually pulled his head out, but even TG dropped one. Webb bounced it off his chest to the other team.

Medlock missed. I'm at a loss for words. I have no idea.

Terrible aweful bad execution, the ONE THING you have control over. :banghead:

And thats something the Chiefs SUCK at. Execution.

I don't care what game plan you're calling. If you can't execute, you hurt the team.

this is a trend that continued from the indy game and carried over to the Houston game. How frustrating.

banyon
09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
The F***ing Raiders just scored their 3rd touchdown. :banghead:

Smed1065
09-09-2007, 05:52 PM

I can not believe I am typing this but I agree.

Buehler445
09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
The F***ing Raiders just scored their 3rd touchdown. :banghead:

Detroit=the choke.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
We just aren't good offensively, we have a severe lack of talent at nearly every position.

old_geezer
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Q: So coach, what do you think of the team's execution today?

A: I'm all for it.

(Old joke but highly appropriate)

tk13
09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
They just moved the buttsex football from the running game to the passing game.

There is absolutely no excuse for completing 2/3 of your passes and only average 5.2 yards per attempt. It's like you aren't even giving the defense a challenge.
I think that's Huard more than anything. I said that last year... he's always quick to make the safe play and take the dumpoffs, short passes, etc. Especially on the road. That's just who he is. Which is why I thought it was pointless to put him in the playoff game last year. If we'd put him in, the Colts would've allowed the usual underneath stuff, blown away our O-line with the pass rush, and Huard would've dumped the ball off 20 straight times just to get rid of it. That is exactly what would've happened.

And it's probably what's gonna happen next week. They're gonna stack the box to stop the run, get pressure with the front 4, drop back in zone and let Damon take the safe underneath stuff.

Mecca
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
The Chiefs aren't going to be able to run the ball for the first month of the year......these teams have awesome run d's.