PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 2007 NFL Passing Leader?

Ugly Duck
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? Jay Cutler?

No.... its the guy that was traded to Oakland for 1/2 of a 4th round pick... Josh McCown. I don't believe any Raider QB led the league in passing last season.... I'll check into it.

Seriously though... he wasn't too bad - both his INTs were deflected to the defender. They just happened to come at typically Raider-like extremely inoportune moments.

#1.... Josh McCown... OAK
#2.... Jay Cutler........ DEN
#16... Phillip Rivers..... SD
#19... Damon Huard.... KC

Jim Jones
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I think it's Romo now.

Count Alex's Losses
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
What happened to that great Raiderette defense?

Valiant
09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? Jay Cutler?

No.... its the guy that was traded to Oakland for 1/2 of a 4th round pick... Josh McCown. I don't believe any Raider QB led the league in passing last season.... I'll check into it.

Seriously though... he wasn't too bad - both his INTs were deflected to the defender. They just happened to come at typically Raider-like extremely inoportune moments.

#1.... Josh McCown... OAK
#2.... Jay Cutler........ DEN
#16... Phillip Rivers..... SD
#19... Damon Huard.... KC

Or tony Romo????

njbill
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me Duck? He was completely tooled on that zone blitz and threw it right to the DE!

McCown sucks McPole.

That noodle armed bastard can't play.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Fine numbers today, Jay.

Well, except for the 15 points on the scoreboard.

That number kinda sucked.

banyon
09-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me Duck? He was completely tooled on that zone blitz and threw it right to the DE!

McCown sucks McPole.

Noodle arms?

That seems to be contagious these days.

HolmeZz
09-09-2007, 10:57 PM
You guys ****ing lost at home to the Lions and you're here to talk smack? Really?

And both INTs were on McCown. He threw the first one into some traffic, it got knocked up and picked off by Fisher. The second one he threw right to Dewayne White. He didn't play very well. The Raider offense was getting the crap booed out of them by the Raider faithful the whole first half.

Ugly Duck
09-09-2007, 10:58 PM

Oooohhh.... just saw the replay of that 2nd pick - you're right.... that was a stinker. I didn't see the game but heard on the postgame show that they were both deflected. That 2nd one was just a bad throw.

But the "noodle-arm that can't play" threw for 313 yards, just got overtaken by Romo for the league lead.

HolmeZz
09-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Oooohhh.... just saw the replay of that 2nd pick - you're right.... that was a stinker. I didn't see the game but heard on the postgame show that they were both deflected. That 2nd one was just a bad throw.

But the "noodle-arm that can't play" threw for 313 yards, just got overtaken by Romo for the league lead.

You clearly didn't watch the game because I can't even recall any deep completions he made or even threw. He dunked a bunch of passes to Jordan and there were a lot of quick completions to Curry.

OctoberFart
09-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Fine numbers today, Jay.

Well, except for the 15 points on the scoreboard.

That number kinda sucked.

475 yards=15pts? Is that a record of some sort?

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2007, 11:32 PM
475 yards=15pts? Is that a record of some sort?

On a team that been headed up by Plummer and Griese? Probably not even close.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2007, 12:13 AM
You clearly didn't watch the game because I can't even recall any deep completions he made or even threw. He dunked a bunch of passes to Jordan and there were a lot of quick completions to Curry.

I clearly didn't watch the game but I clearly saw the replay of one 42-yard bomb to Curry and clearly saw the game stats that show over 200 of the 315 passing yards were completed to receivers. I also clearly saw the replay of a sad INT. Seems like he did pretty darn good for his first game, 'cept I clearly didn't see it.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:17 AM
It's hard to believe, given the meltdown PanicPlanet's gone through for the past 12 hours, that Huard actually threw for more yards than a third of the starting QBs this week.

banyon
09-10-2007, 12:19 AM
It's hard to believe, given the meltdown PanicPlanet's gone through for the past 12 hours, that Huard actually threw for more yards than a third of the starting QBs this week.

Yeah, but how many were rated below him?

HolmeZz
09-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Ah, that was on the pass interference. Curry made the a great play there.

The Raider passing game really was not very explosive. They were completely shut down the whole first half. Fans were booing and chanting for Culpepper. Lions let up a little in the 2nd half once they got up 17-0. Raiders got momentum after an interception that should've been caught by Williams. Lions had no problem scoring when they had to though.

Count Alex's Losses
09-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Speaking of Tony Romo, man, I really like watching the guy play. He reminds me quite a bit of Rich Gannon. Doesn't have perfect fundamentals, but manages to get the job done. The guy would be perfect for this team.

Count Alex's Losses
09-10-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW, trading Randy Moss looks like one of the worst moves of the offseason.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Ah, that was on the pass interference. Curry made the a great play there.

He made the catch in spite of the PI. Still say over 300 yards is a good game for McCown's 1st with the team - better than what we were seeing last year. But you win this argument - we lost. Just like Denver may have just barely squeaked by the lowly Bills on a last second field goal - but they won.

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2007, 12:33 AM
He made the catch in spite of the PI. Still say over 300 yards is a good game for McCown's 1st with the team - better than what we were seeing last year. But you win this argument - we lost. Just like Denver may have just barely squeaked by the lowly Bills on a last second field goal - but they won.

Mediocre Bills. Lowly Raiders.

Where have you been?

Ugly Duck
09-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Mediocre Bills. Lowly Raiders.

Where have you been?

Hey... you saw the Bills offense today. Last year they #30, we were #32. Both as low as can go. Lowly Raiders, lowly Bills. Look it up.

HolmeZz
09-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Denver didn't play very well either, but they were on the road. Oakland laid an egg in front of their own fans.

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey... you saw the Bills offense today. Last year they #30, we were #32. Both as low as can go. Lowly Raiders, lowly Bills. Look it up.

Last year you guys would have ranked closer to #60 if they included semi-pro teams.

But I looked it up anyway. Turns out this isn't last year, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

I hear you drafted a killer QB, so you have that going for you.

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Perhaps Jon Kitna

Ugly Duck
09-10-2007, 11:12 AM
But I looked it up anyway. Turns out this isn't last year, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

You make my point. Last year the Bills offense was way down at #30 & this year they are dead last at #32. If #30 & #32 are "mediocre" then what the heck is "lowly?"

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Speaking of Tony Romo, man, I really like watching the guy play. He reminds me quite a bit of Rich Gannon. Doesn't have perfect fundamentals, but manages to get the job done. The guy would be perfect for this team.

The Dallas OL makes Romo look better than he is. If there was a way to swap, I'd take the Dallas OL over Romo.