PDA

View Full Version : Cop A-Salted

Stinger
09-10-2007, 12:46 AM
McDonald's employee who over salted burger jailed

September 9, 2007
UNION CITY, Ga. -- A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who ''tried to thump the salt off.''

On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. ''It didn't make me sick,'' Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.

Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.

''If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?'' said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

Police said samples of the burger were sent to the state crime lab for tests.

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger ''without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it.''

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/549213,worker090907.article

unlurking
09-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Forced sterilization. All parties involved.

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Crime lab? Really? Don't eat the burger if it sucks.

StcChief
09-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Police we sue McDonalds. They will pay to make it go away.
High fives all around Police station.

kepp
09-10-2007, 07:56 AM
:shake: That cop needs to have all costs related to the whole incident taken out of his pay. Ridiculous.

el borracho
09-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Why jail the 20 year old employee? Even if she originally created the problem, once she alerted her supervisor of the problem it became the supervisor's responsibility. Not that I think anyone should go to jail for salty meat but if it is anyone's fault it is the supervisor who failed to fix the problem.

dtebbe
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Union City is about 8 miles from my office. It's not a very good area, and eating anywhere there but Cracker Barrel or Waffle House is taking your life into your own hands. This story ran on the local news last week, and all I'm saying is that the "cook" looked like a nappy-headed crack-head ghetto rat.

Now, top that Imus.

DT

And yes Union City cops share thier motto with Southpark Police "To Patronize and Annoy". The city is the type of place you don't want to be after dark, yet you can find 2 or 3 cars at any given time, sitting on the .75 miles of interstate that is in city limits, writing speeding tickets.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Put everybody in jail.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Damn, they let the Hambugler get away again for this ?

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Damn, they let the Hambugler get away again for this ?
Hey Roy, did anyone ever try to salt you to death when you were a cop?

gblowfish
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The salt was over the top. Too obvious.

She should have just spit on it. That's what they do at Burger King and Wendys.

dtebbe
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I suspect the cop thinks that someone pissed on his burger. The cops in Union City are pretty much universially hated, so his thinking is probably justified.

DT

Hailchief
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I suspect the cop thinks that someone pissed on his burger. The cops in Union City are pretty much universially hated, so his thinking is probably justified.

DT

Nah better not.....I was gonna say something....but I better not

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Roy, did anyone ever try to salt you to death when you were a cop?

No, the basturds just shot at us........

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 11:10 AM
cop out of control