PDA

View Full Version : This quote by LJ tells you who deserves the blame.

donkhater
09-10-2007, 05:13 AM
“Even if we make mistakes, we should make them in a way where (the opponent) realizes we have the capability of doing something. Throw three Hail Marys on the first three plays to let them know we’re not scared. Something like that.

“Sometimes we play so timid because we don’t want to make mistakes, but then we end up making them anyway.”

If that's the attitude of the offense, I lay the blame at Herm's feet, 100%. All you hear him talk about is protecting the ball, throwing down the field is arena football, etc., etc. He successfully has taken the balls from his offense to where they are playing scared.

DV was the same way with the defense and they were maybe the worst unit of all time.

FringeNC
09-10-2007, 05:27 AM
“Sometimes we play so timid because we don’t want to make mistakes, but then we end up making them anyway.”

You play not to lose the game -- that is the defining characteristic of Herm Edwards as a coach, and it is why he is destined to fail. Risk-averse strategies simply do not work in the NFL.

It's funny that LJ can see that, but Herm can't. **** Herm Edwards.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Maybe Herm is on to something with this 21 point thing... 7 teams scored fewer than 21 points on Sunday and they won.

12 teams scored fewer than 14 points and lost...

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2007, 06:14 AM
You play not to lose the game -- that is the defining characteristic of Herm Edwards as a coach, and it is why he is destined to fail. Risk-averse strategies simply do not work in the NFL.

It's funny that LJ can see that, but Herm can't. **** Herm Edwards.

per Mike and Mike on ESPN this a.m.
The most unimaginative offense and scheme in the NFL.
Herm is a great guy, but he is not a football coach.

PhillyChiefFan
09-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Johnson had 10 carries for 43 yards? The defense hasn't gelled completely and Herm isn't calling anything to score points on offense. The defense can't do everything. IMO conservative play calling will not win anymore games this year than aggressive calling that pushes defenses back on their heels.

Bill Parcells
09-10-2007, 06:17 AM
When you play the way Herm likes to play offense, the margin for error is so small that one mistake just might cost you the game. you would have to play perfectly and block perfectly all the time to execute that offense. and that's asking a lot from any team and or QB.

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 06:47 AM
“Even if we make mistakes, we should make them in a way where (the opponent) realizes we have the capability of doing something. Throw three Hail Marys on the first three plays to let them know we’re not scared. Something like that.

LJ is right. But Huard can't throw bombs, so he is wrong too.

I'm glad he's speaking up about Herm's incompetence.

a1na2
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
I read the other thread, it's all Carls fault!

DAMMIT CARL!!

oldandslow
09-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I read the other thread, it's all Carls fault!

DAMMIT CARL!!

Actually, it is.

SBK
09-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Maybe Herm is on to something with this 21 point thing... 7 teams scored fewer than 21 points on Sunday and they won.

12 teams scored fewer than 14 points and lost...

You idiot. A guy that is paid millions to coach football never has a clue compared to any swingin dick on the internet message board.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2007, 07:05 AM
You idiot. A guy that is paid millions to coach football never has a clue compared to any swingin dick on the internet message board.

Hmmm... maybe I was pokin' fun at the guy.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Come on, Larry.

We can't throw Hail Mary's, our QB can't get it there.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Come on, Larry.

We can't throw Hail Mary's, our QB can't get it there.
How about if we throw 5 yard Hail Mary's?

Extra Point
09-10-2007, 07:42 AM
We can't throw Hail Mary's, but we can sure throw more passes at/just-beyond the first down line.

Lzen
09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
LJ is right. It's just the same as last year's playoff loss at Indy. I found myself saying that all game long yesterday. We need to throw it downfield. If Huard can't do that, put in Croyle.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2007, 08:06 AM
LJ is right. It's just the same as last year's playoff loss at Indy. I found myself saying that all game long yesterday. We need to throw it downfield. If Huard can't do that, put in Croyle.

Huard was making some terrible reads and decesions... It was sad and pathetic at the same time watching an 11 year vet crumble under the pressure of the game....

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
LJ:

1. If you didn't hold out and were in football shape, things might have been better.
2. You knew what the hell to expect, yet you signed an extension anyway. Count your money and run some wind sprints.

boogblaster
09-10-2007, 08:35 AM
We need to mutickulate the ball down the field ...

Otter
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
per Mike and Mike on ESPN this a.m.
The most unimaginative offense and scheme in the NFL.
Herm is a great guy, but he is not a football coach.

Let us not forget who hired this guy. Blaming Herm for this team is like blaming gas station attendant for price of gas.

ChiTown
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
How about if we throw 5 yard Hail Mary's?

Baby steps, skip, baby steps.......

bobbything
09-10-2007, 08:45 AM
The receivers can't get any separation. I saw a few great play action calls, only to have Huard check down to the running back for 4 yards.

PastorMikH
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm sure LJ would love to have the D stretched so he only has to go through 2-3 defenders at a time instead of all 11.

Even if we threw over the heads or our WRs and the DBs we at least force the D to consider that we might throw deep and get them spread out a bit more. And try throwing deep on 1st or 2nd down, not just third. Shoot, it kills me to watch us run up the middle on 2nd and short. 2nd and short should be a shot down the field.

As it is, opposing D's safeties can play up because they know we will either run or throw short.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
The receivers can't get any separation. I saw a few great play action calls, only to have Huard check down to the running back for 4 yards.

You could still throw deep to loosen up the defense.

IF you had a QB that's capable, that is.

RustShack
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I say we put in Croyle next week, first play of the game we do a play action bomb pass.

CoMoChief
09-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Because that's what Dick ****ing Curl tells them to do. If you're number one option isn't open, **** it and check down to the RB.

Valiant
09-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Huard was making some terrible reads and decesions... It was sad and pathetic at the same time watching an 11 year vet crumble under the pressure of the game....

To the Texans..

Valiant
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM

This is true, but maybe Herm can't see the forest because of the trees... Sometimes people get so worked up into their goal that they lose the big picture and there are other methods to success...

We will find out this year if Herm's method works or not.. I have the feeling if we win 4-5 games this year doing it Herm's way and lots of empty seats in December that CP or Clark will Gunther them out the door...

bobbything
09-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Because that's what Dick ****ing Curl tells them to do. If you're number one option isn't open, **** it and check down to the RB.
I realize that. My point is that we were looking down the field on a number of occasions. But, nobody could get open. Which is just par for the course. Even in 2003 our receivers had trouble getting separation.

Inspector
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM

MHM is an idiot?

Hey, I didn't realize that.

Thanks SBK. I appreciate the info.

This also shows me how to do better at the internet. Start off my posts by calling people idiots. I'll make a note of that.

beach tribe
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
There will be no reason not to start Croyle after the game in Chi.

........unless he kicks ass(I don't see it)