PDA

View Full Version : This is why brodie needs to in

Mr. Arrowhead
09-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I remember, i think it was in the 3rd quarter and it was a 3rd and 17. Damon Huard attempts to throw a comeback route at the first down marker, and the ball took forever to get there and i thought to myself brodie croyle would have made the throw.

InChiefsHell
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Sure, but Brodie would have made a bunch of mistakes as well. The difference is, Brodie is young and will hopefully learn from mistakes. Huard should be done with the learning curve...

...of course there is the fact that Huard CAN'T make those throws either...

Mr. Arrowhead
09-10-2007, 08:49 AM
but if huard gonna throw 2 ints anyways then brodie needs to be in

Woodrow Call
09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
No reason for Huard to be in at all. He has no mobility, limited pocket awareness, no arm strength, lacks the gunslinger mindset a good QB needs, and has NO upside.

Bugeater
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
but if huard gonna throw 2 ints anyways then brodie needs to be in
Pretty hard to argue with that.

InChiefsHell
09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Exactly. If we are going to suck anyway, we should suck with the kid and let him learn.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Croyle needs to be in for many reasons and the most compelling one is.. Huard is acting like a 2nd year player when he is an 11 year vet with zero upside...

Croyle at least has room to grow or fail.. Huard not so much...

Woodrow Call
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Croyle needs to be in for many reasons and the most compelling one is.. Huard is acting like a 2nd year player when he is an 11 year vet with zero upside...

Croyle at least has room to grow or fail.. Huard not so much...

Exactly.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't know what the ultimate plan is... but, if they think Brodie has a shot at being a starter, I don't know why they're stunting his growth at this point. At some time or another, he's going to need on the job training.

allen_kcCard
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I agree that he needs to be in, but it either needed to be from the first game, or from the 1st home game of a home game stand...that being week 5.

That way the offense can work the kinks out, the recievers can remember how to catch, Brodie can learn some more from the sidelines, and then he can start Oct 7th at home vs Jacksonville. Starting with this game there are 6 home games to 2 away games and a bye week.

If Damon lights the world on fire before then and changes the plan, then great, but if Brodie wasn't the opening day starter then there isn't any reason to throw him in by the scruff of his neck instead of waiting for a more ideal spot to insert him.

Although I would like to see him get some snaps in cleanup before then.

Luzap
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree that he needs to be in, but it either needed to be from the first game, or from the 1st home game of a home game stand...that being week 5.

That way the offense can work the kinks out, the recievers can remember how to catch, Brodie can learn some more from the sidelines, and then he can start Oct 7th at home vs Jacksonville. Starting with this game there are 6 home games to 2 away games and a bye week.

If Damon lights the world on fire before then and changes the plan, then great, but if Brodie wasn't the opening day starter then there isn't any reason to throw him in by the scruff of his neck instead of waiting for a more ideal spot to insert him.

Although I would like to see him get some snaps in cleanup before then.

This pretty much sums up the way I feel.

Luz
except it could be game 3# instead of #5...

talastan
09-10-2007, 09:22 AM
I personally don't like the throw him in at week 5 idea. I want this kid out there as bad as anyone else, but I think if he plays we need him ASAP. Don't wait for the time to be right. If he is the future and the front office thinks he can lead this team to playoffs, and hopefully a Super Bowl, then he needs to learn to play the elite teams like Chicago, Indy, NE, and Sandy Eggo. I would love to have him learn from these games as quickly as possible so we can at least have a better chance of starting better than 0-4. JMO

RustShack
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I say put him in the 4th quarter of the Bears game when we are going to have to throw it deep about every play if we want to win, then give him the week 3 start.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Brodie needs to start NOW.

Why would we EVER keep Huard in there after what happened?

Reerun_KC
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Brodie needs to start NOW.

Why would we EVER keep Huard in there after what happened?
Silly, dont you kow Huard gives us the best chance to win now?

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Brodie needs to get the hell out of KC. If he's smart, he's seen this train wreck from a mile away.

Chris Meck
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
There were plays that could've gone downfield that didn't. The pass to Wilson that was a inc/fumble/TD-why even throw that pass? It's for 0 yards and he was covered. The pass that Bowe came back on and caught sitting down would've been a HUGE gainer had Huard not underthrown it by ten yards. I just don't understand how Huard gives you a better chance at anything at all.

Lzen
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Brodie needs to get the hell out of KC. If he's smart, he's seen this train wreck from a mile away.

Yeah, except for that pesky contract.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
There were plays that could've gone downfield that didn't. The pass to Wilson that was a inc/fumble/TD-why even throw that pass? It's for 0 yards and he was covered. The pass that Bowe came back on and caught sitting down would've been a HUGE gainer had Huard not underthrown it by ten yards. I just don't understand how Huard gives you a better chance at anything at all.

He doesn't throw INT's.

Nevermind that he doesn't throw TD's, or even first down passes. Just as long as he doesn't throw INT's.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Huard also made a horrible throw on that long pass to Parker, where he had to slow down and catch it off his off shoulder.

I seriously have more arm strength than Damon Huard.

talastan
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Well I think that Croyle is going to see action alot sooner than we thought. Even if it is cleanup duty against a dominant Bears D.

I just hope Herm actually backs up his so called faith in Croyle and puts Carl back where he belongs. Running the Business of the Chiefs, not the damned football games. Of course little to no chance of this actually happening.

MGRS13
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If we are going to use the "grooming a QB of the future gameplan" ie. short passes, screens, draws, high percentage throws, we might as well groom the goddamn QBOTF.

bigfoot
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
In fairness to Huard; one interception was his fault; the other was the best pass he'd thrown the entire game.

Would have been nice to see Croyle in for at least the last 2 offensive series.

Dr. Van Halen
09-10-2007, 01:10 PM
In fairness to Huard; one interception was his fault; the other was the best pass he'd thrown the entire game.

Would have been nice to see Croyle in for at least the last 2 offensive series.

I think that would have been wrong. We picked Huard, now we go with Huard. Now isn't the time to get him looking over his shoulder.

StcChief
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I think that would have been wrong. We picked Huard, now we go with Huard. Now isn't the time to get him looking over his shoulder.
if not before.... Croyle by GB game....

Mr. Arrowhead
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Brodie 4 President!!!!

Crashride
09-10-2007, 01:35 PM
for the last time huard threw 1 pick that was his fault. He cant catch the damn ball too. Brodie cant seem to get over his ego with his constant attempts to fit balls into ridiculous windows. Stop pitching tents for another average qb

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Obviously, that standard doesn't apply to Medlock. Huard must feel pretty lucky that he's not a convenient scapegoat...

Jilly
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
there's a reason the guy has been a back up qb all these years and if we didn't know before, now we know. But none of it matters really if we aren't expecting anything out of our qb's anyway.
I keep wondering is this playcalling to cater to Huard or would it be the same no matter what? I don't know how we expect to do anything if we are rarely opening up the field anyway

MGRS13
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Obviously, that standard doesn't apply to Medlock. Huard must feel pretty lucky that he's not a convenient scapegoat...
BINGO! Love the fact that we cut a guy because he missed a 3 pointer in a lopsided loss.

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, except for that pesky contract.

thanks, Mr. Literal....

Lzen
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
If we are going to use the "grooming a QB of the future gameplan" ie. short passes, screens, draws, high percentage throws, we might as well groom the goddamn QBOTF.

Exactly

Lzen
09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
for the last time huard threw 1 pick that was his fault. He cant catch the damn ball too. Brodie cant seem to get over his ego with his constant attempts to fit balls into ridiculous windows. Stop pitching tents for another average qb

He was also responsible for another turnover, IMO. The one pass he threw to Wilson. The defender was able to just blow him up. Huard should not have thrown that. You gotta give your receiver a chance.

Lzen
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
BINGO! Love the fact that we cut a guy because he missed a 3 pointer in a lopsided loss.

In all fairness, I think the guy was already on pretty thin ice after that dismal preseason. Obviously, that miss was the final straw.

MGRS13
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
In all fairness, I think the guy was already on pretty thin ice after that dismal preseason. Obviously, that miss was the final straw.
Ok fine but then in all fairness you havw to cut all the WR on this team.

blueballs
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
The best time to put Croyle in
is when the game is already won
there will be no good time soon

Crashride
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
He was also responsible for another turnover, IMO. The one pass he threw to Wilson. The defender was able to just blow him up. Huard should not have thrown that. You gotta give your receiver a chance.

please, its their job to hold onto the ball, which kris had enough time to cover it up its not like he didnt know that lb was there. plus kris is a te. hes expected to catch in traffic and take a hit

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
please, its their job to hold onto the ball, which kris had enough time to cover it up its not like he didnt know that lb was there. plus kris is a te. hes expected to catch in traffic and take a hit

As long as people keep making excuses for Huard, he will continue to start.

And our offense will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

Crashride
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
As long as people keep making excuses for Huard, he will continue to start.

And our offense will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

No ones making excuses, its just everyones ignoring the main problem in the game against houston. Our qbs all suck but it sure as hell wasnt Huard. All the people that are sour about croyle not being the starter are just taking random shots at the qb that beat him out. Seriously....would croyle have done any better?? Probably not. Carl needs to get a QB and some recievers and well be okkkaayyy. But we have been waiting that for a long time now.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
They won't put Croyle in, it's anti Carl and everything he is about. Hell if we're really bad they'll use the Brodie didn't play excuse for a reason to not take Brian Brohm.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
No ones making excuses, its just everyones ignoring the main problem in the game against houston. Our qbs all suck but it sure as hell wasnt Huard. All the people that are sour about croyle not being the starter are just taking random shots at the qb that beat him out. Seriously....would croyle have done any better?? Probably not. Carl needs to get a QB and some recievers and well be okkkaayyy. But we have been waiting that for a long time now.

Huard is our main problem. The missed kick and the dropped passes are masking the REAL problem - that we can't stretch the field and keep defenses honest because our QB has NO ARM.

Huard did NOT beat Croyle out. Croyle beat Croyle out. Hell, Huard DIDN'T EVEN PLAY.

And yes, I definitely think Croyle could have done better.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I think you could have done better than Huard, hell you or me could throw a 3 yard check down pass.

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Well I think that Croyle is going to see action alot sooner than we thought. Even if it is cleanup duty against a dominant Bears D.

I just hope Herm actually backs up his so called faith in Croyle and puts Carl back where he belongs. Running the Business of the Chiefs, not the damned football games. Of course little to no chance of this actually happening.
Carl owns Herm. Why do you think he hired him?

BTW, for all the Jerry Jones haters out there. Is Carl even worse than Jones?

Brock
09-10-2007, 04:13 PM

BTW, for all the Jerry Jones haters out there. Is Carl even worse than Jones?

Jones has obviously learned a thing or two along the way. Carl's been at it for 15 years and it's just the same old same old.

Guru
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
They won't put Croyle in, it's anti Carl and everything he is about. Hell if we're really bad they'll use the Brodie didn't play excuse for a reason to not take Brian Brohm.
Shit!!! Hit that nail right on the effen head. :banghead:

JBucc
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM

BTW, for all the Jerry Jones haters out there. Is Carl even worse than Jones?At least Jones motivation for being a meddling asshole is to win.

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Jones has obviously learned a thing or two along the way. Carl's been at it for 15 years and it's just the same old same old.

Also, Jones has won a f*cking Super Bowl. Three to be exact.

Frankie
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Unless Huard looks like an all pro next week I really think strong thought should be given to putting Croyle in for the season with guarantees that his mistakes, no matter how dumb, will be tolerated. You can't make steak unless you put the damn tenderloin on the grill. And while you are fixing it it's hot and uncomfortable. This year is our kitchen year. Seems most Chiefs fans have accepted this fact. Only if Carl would allow it! :shake:

FAX
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Unless Huard looks like an all pro next week I really think strong thought should be given to putting Croyle in for the season with guarantees that his mistakes, no matter how dumb, will be tolerated. You can't make steak unless you put the damn tenderloin on the grill. And while you are fixing it it's hot and uncomfortable. This year is our kitchen year. Seems most Chiefs fans have accepted this fact. Only if Carl would allow it! :shake:

Simmah, Mr. Frankie!!! Simmah down nah!!!

Downfield's passer rating was over 50!!!

Herm knows that Croyle would have stunk it up 'cause he's been doin' some evaluatin'.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh well, Huard's gonna win the MVP and Super Bowl MVP anyway. I'm not worried.

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2007, 04:41 PM
No ones making excuses, its just everyones ignoring the main problem in the game against houston. Our qbs all suck but it sure as hell wasnt Huard. All the people that are sour about croyle not being the starter are just taking random shots at the qb that beat him out. Seriously....would croyle have done any better?? Probably not. Carl needs to get a QB and some recievers and well be okkkaayyy. But we have been waiting that for a long time now.YAY!!1 FIVE YARD DUMP-OFFS ARE KEWL!11!!1