PDA

View Full Version : Random Commiseration by Phone

Groves
09-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok, so like the rest of you, I'm in my apartment after the game yesterday (ok, none of you were here, you were in YOUR apartment is what I meant).

The phone rings

I pick up, and some chick is going on an on about how bad the game was.

Eventually, after commiserating with her briefly, I had to ask the question

"Do I know you?", says I.

"I was calling for Allison." says she.

Unless my wife and kids are hiding a stowaway in the closet, there is no Allison here.

I've only lived in Springfield for a few months, so my telephone number is new to me. Apparently, I'm living with the old number of a Chiefs fan.

At least nobody called to crow on the donks. That would have lost me my damage deposit, I'm afraid.

seclark
09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
better than a pizza order.
sec

Groves
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
true, but worse than the sweepstakes people. or the Omaha Steaks delivery people.

OK, Hijacking my own thread.

Does anyone know of a good national chain restaurant, or Springfield area restaurant that serves a good portobello mushroom entree? Those are the big ones, right?

tooge
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
you should have at least had phone sex with her to make you forget about that game, damn.

Baby Lee
09-10-2007, 02:21 PM
true, but worse than the sweepstakes people. or the Omaha Steaks delivery people.

OK, Hijacking my own thread.

Does anyone know of a good national chain restaurant, or Springfield area restaurant that serves a good portobello mushroom entree? Those are the big ones, right?
Sure, but they don't serve carpaccio or any form of radicchio, so it's a no go.