PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign kicker??

NY CHIEF
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Someone on another board posted per 610 the chiefs signed dave rayner from green bay anyone confirm ????????

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Holy...

This would be just an absolutely stupid mistake.

Just an absolutely stupid mistake.

This is shit we've got to let him play through for a down season so we can figure out what's going on.

I would hate that signing.

Woodrow Call
09-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Gave up way to early on Medlock if true. His mechanics could have been fixed. Maybe PS.

Strike 2

oldandslow
09-10-2007, 12:01 PM
As if Medlock was the greatest concern...

percysnow
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
medlock doesnt deserve to be a kicker in this league...dude cant handle the pressure...and last i checked handling pressure was a small part of a kickers job

Direckshun
Maybe PS.
Maybe. We do have one spot left on the PS.

To take it up with a kicker though would be assinine. Especially if somebody else scoops Medlock up on waivers and he becomes an elite kicker in 2 years, which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.

siberian khatru
This better be false. Or if it's true, we somehow kept Medlock on the roster. Or something.

I'm not happy with him, he makes me nervous. But after investing a draft pick in a kicker, I'll be damned if we piss it away after one game.

percysnow
if this was a parcells team he woulda been cut. .

Dicky McElephant
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

Justin Medlock-K-Chiefs Sep. 10 - 12:54 pm et

Chiefs waived K Justin Medlock.

The fifth-round pick looked to have a bright future coming in afer a highly accurate career at UCLA, but he lacked confidence with Kansas City.

Dave Rayner-K-Chiefs Sep. 10 - 12:53 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs have reached an agreement with K Dave Rayner.

Kansas City was supportive of rookie Justin Medlock until he shanked a 30-yarder against Houston in Week 1. Rayner won't be a fantasy option on a poor offense, but figures to be an immediate upgrade for the Chiefs.

HolmeZz
We could've just f*cking drafted Mason Crosby.

Direckshun
and last i checked handling pressure was a small part of a kickers job
Handling the pressure is the part of a kicker's job.

When you get to the NFL, all kickers are physically elite. It's the mental aspect that separates the winners from losers.

You've got to give him time to see if he can work through this.

siberian khatru
09-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Un****ingbelievable.

Wait, no it's not. It's totally believable.

Direckshun
Per Rotoworld.com

Ciefs waived K Justin Medlock.

The fifth-round pick looked to have a bright future coming in afer a highly accurate career at UCLA, but he lacked confidence with Kansas City.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs have reached an agreement with K Dave Rayner.

Kansas City was supportive of rookie Justin Medlock until he shanked a 30-yarder against Houston in Week 1. Rayner won't be a fantasy option on a poor offense, but figures to be an immediate upgrade for the Chiefs.
HOLY SHIT.

****ING A.

L.A. Chieffan
Per Rotoworld.com

Chiefs waived K Justin Medlock.

WOW. **** ME

Direckshun
We could've just f*cking drafted Mason Crosby.
Fact: Mason Crosby fell to the 6th round, so everybody passed on him.

He was also the third kicker taken.

Jesus.

Woodrow Call
09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
The circle would be complete.

Draft Medlock over Crosby then sign the kicker Crosby beat out.

On the bright side Rayner is young and IIRC has a damn nice leg.

JBucc
We seriously cut him? What a ****ing waste. I hate these assholes.

Chiefnj2
If this is true, is this an actual "pissed away" draft choice and not just a lexicon?

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I have seen Medlock miss more than he has made. End of story. He needs to go.

ChiTown
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
ROFL

This shit is priceless.

kcpasco
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I wish Medlock the best, I hope he does fix his problem. I hate to see that happen to a young kid like that.

L.A. Chieffan
These dumbasses have no clue what they're doing do they? My 6 year old son could run a better team on Madden

petegz28
Why keep him if he sucks just cause you don't want to feel you wasted a pick? That's called cutting your losses instead of expecting money to grow on trees and suffering witht he reality as you watch leaves continuiously grow without $ signs on them

BigRock
Gave up way to early on Medlock if true. His mechanics could have been fixed. Maybe PS.
They can put him on the PS. That's probably exactly what they're going to do.

HolmeZz
Fact: Mason Crosby fell to the 6th round, so everybody passed on him.

He was also the third kicker taken.

Jesus.

And he shouldn't have been. I could dig up the topic of plenty of us bitching about taking Medlock over Crosby.

And Rayner is the guy Crosby beat out for the GB job.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
I have seen Medlock miss more than he has made. End of story. He needs to go.
He's .500 throughout the preseason and 1 game of the regular season!

Good LORD this team drives me nuts sometimes.

FAX
09-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow. If this doesn't prove, once and for all, that the Chiefs' front office is a bunch of sniveling, cowering worms, I don't know what will.

I'm officially sick of this nonsense. This is the most clueless and cowardly bunch of knuckleheads to ever run an NFL franchise. They are without peer.

FAX

NY CHIEF
30 yards should be automatic bye bye .............. :banghead:

percysnow
Goodbye biatch. . took the life out of our team yesterday when he chocked on a chip shiot. . .

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
And he shouldn't have been. I could dig up the topic of plenty of us bitching about taking Medlock over Crosby.

And Rayner is the guy Crosby beat out for the GB job.
Hey, I'm not happy with releasing Medlock, but he was the #1 ranked K on most teams' draft boards.

But hey, if you're going to throw the expertise of ChiefsPlaneteers at me, I can hardly refute that brand of genious.

Sure-Oz
wow he had 2 reg. season fg attempts and was one of the better kickers in college, they gave up WAY too fast imo.

pr_capone
And if Rayner does not work out... we can pick up Grammatica after week 6!

Yeah! Let's bring another k-stater home!!!!

LOL

Cochise
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Damnit people, don't you understand? We don't have time to wait for promising young players to get better. WE MUST WIN NOW!

petegz28
He's .500 throughout the preseason and 1 game of the regular season!

Good LORD this team drives me nuts sometimes.

.500 for a kicker in the NFL ain't cutting it. Especially when most if not all of the misses are inside 40 yards.

ChiTown
Seriously, if this isn't comedy gold, someone show me a more laughable group of **** up's than the Chiefs Coaching and Management

kcpasco
You guys won't be laughing when he kicks a game winner against us in a few years.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
wow he had 2 reg. season fg attempts and was one of the better kickers in college, they gave up WAY too fast imo.

he'll get a PS spot to work through his "issues"

Donger
09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
You just know that Medlock will sign elsewhere and come back to hit a game-winning FG against the Chiefs, hence completing the Circle of Hell.

oldandslow
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
You just know that Medlock will sign elsewhere and come back to hit a game-winning FG against the Chiefs, hence completing the Circle of Hell.

Yep

Basileus777
I can't knock the front office for cutting him (only for drafting him). Medlock was given every chance and has failed. It may be a bit soon, but he's a ****ing kicker not a franchise qb, we don't need to give him that much time.

Direckshun
.500 for a kicker in the NFL ain't cutting it. Especially when most if not all of the misses are inside 40 yards.
AFTER ONE GAME.

ONE GAME.

Hall of Famers have had worse days than the one Medlock had yesterday.

Dicky McElephant
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
he'll get a PS spot to work through his "issues"
Hopefully he takes the PS spot of Sippio when Sippio gets activated this week.

petegz28
What have you seen to tell you that this kid can kick? Are we now in the business of developing kickers? Why do that when they are all over the joint?

Thig Lyfe
Seriously, if this isn't comedy gold, someone show me a more laughable group of **** up's than the Chiefs Coaching and Management

At least they didn't cut him by accident. Or draft him in the first round.

suds79
I don't know why people are so shocked by this.

Cutting a 5th round isn't that big of a deal. It happens all the time.

Now would I of liked for our 5th rounder to make the team? Sure I would. But it didn't happen.

Kickers routinely hit at a high percentage in this league and guys who are at 50% quickly find themselves out of the league.

No matter which way you look at it, it was a big mistake taking Medlock over Crosby. That's a fact.

Braincase
Right now Lawrence Tynes is laughing his ass off.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
AFTER ONE GAME.

ONE GAME.

Hall of Famers have had worse days than the one Medlock had yesterday.

And all the misses in the pre-season. Pay attention please.

There are no flipping excuses for missing kicks in the pre-season. You can't go "vanilla" on your FG's too!

Direckshun
What have you seen to tell you that this kid can kick?
HIS ENTIRE COLLEGIATE CAREER.

Thig Lyfe
Hopefully he takes the PS spot of Sippio when Sippio gets activated this week.

That's prolly what's gonna happen.

ChiTown
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I can't knock the front office for cutting him (only for drafting him). Medlock was given every chance and has failed. It may be a bit soon, but he's a ****ing kicker not a franchise qb, we don't need to give him that much time.

In theory, I agree with your thoughts.

However, if you feel the need to waste a fuggin 5th rd draft pick on a kicker, you best be willing to be a bit more patient that 1 NFL regular season game where your missed 30 yrd FG was about as meaningless as a 3rd tit in that game.

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Did they suck in the preseason too?

I can't believe you clowns that are getting so twisted about cutting loose of a shitty kicker, especially during a season the Chiefs will need to win 10-9 games.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
And all the misses in the pre-season. Pay attention please.

There are no flipping excuses for missing kicks in the pre-season. You can't go "vanilla" on your FG's too!
I'm not giving EXCUSES. I'm giving EXPLANATIONS.

Excuses implies that I'm trying to shift blame on Medlock. I'm not.

But he needs time to work through this shit.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
HIS ENTIRE COLLEGIATE CAREER.

Yeah well since he has been in the NFL he has missed more than he has made. Including pre-season. We can find better kickers easily.

It was a bust pick and he may be better later down the road but you don't have to live through the agony of developing a kicker! That's just stupid!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't understand the logic of this move, especially since we aren' going to win more than 4 games this year. Just let him suck this year, and we'll see if he learns how to kick. Maybe he never will, I don't know, but it's not like he's going to cost us a chance at the Super Bowl.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM

He can go work elsewhere. His kick offs are average and so far from what I have seen he is average at FG's. We can get that anywhere and not lose games or miss points cause we are stuck on a bust pick.

Was it stupid to draft a kicker? Yes. So let's not be stuck on stupid.

ChiTown
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Did they suck in the preseason too?

I can't believe you clowns that are getting so twisted about cutting loose of a shitty kicker, especially during a season the Chiefs will need to win 10-9 games.

You're missing the point, and the bigger picture here. We're seeing the beginning of an absolute collapse for this organization. If they (Chiefs Mgmt) want to overreact after 1 game, can you imagine what's going to transpire over a full season?

This could be fun :)

TEX
I don't know why people are so socked by this.

Cutting a 5th round isn't that big of a deal. It happens all the time.

Now would I of liked for our 5th rounder to make the team? Sure I would. But it didn't happen.

Kickers routinely hit at a high percentage in this league and guys who are at 50% quickly find themselves out of the league.

No matter which way you look at it, it was a big mistake taking Medlock over Crosby. That's a fact.

I'm shocked because they should have drafted CROSBY in the first place if they were going to draft a kicker. EVERYONE knew he was the best kicker in college except us. It took a real game to varify what we all saw the whole preseason. I could give a $hit for cutting this clown. :shake:

Now, can someone plese cut Herm too? Isn't it obvious the guy is cluless - yes - man without a plan?

petegz28
I don't understand the logic of this move, especially since we aren' going to win more than 4 games this year. Just let him suck this year, and we'll see if he learns how to kick. Maybe he never will, I don't know, but it's not like he's going to cost us a chance at the Super Bowl.

I think his fellow players are not happy. I mean TG called him out more or less and I heard Dunn wsa saying some stuff on the sidelines.

Saulbadguy
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Kickers are an odd breed. They can be on fire one year, and absolutely suck the next year.

What really changes from college to the NFL in regards to kicking the damn ball? Anyways, i'm glad he's gone.

luv
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I think his fellow players are not happy. I mean TG called him out more or less and I heard Dunn wsa saying some stuff on the sidelines.
Funny, I saw an interview with TG, and he said he wasn't calling him out. He was just saying the kid needed to make his kicks.

luv
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Has this been confirmed? Link?

suds79
09-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Sorry an NFL team just can't wait on a kicker to maybe pull it together.

Not when theres a large number of guys out there who can hit at a much higher percentage.

Now if one wants to argue that by that logic we shouldn't draft kickers, I'll listen to that.

But to me it's just a 5th rounder that essentially didn't make the team because he was killing us.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Funny, I saw an interview with TG, and he said he wasn't calling him out. He was just saying the kid needed to make his kicks.

Well just a little rule you do well to follow...if you find yourself saying something like "I'm not calling him out..." then you are calling him out and you are just being nice about it.

That's like saying "i don't mean to be rude but...." i'm going too anyway.

kcpasco
Well if some of our vets are calling out a rookie kicker we are worse off then I thought, and its already pretty damn bad.

gblowfish
Has anybody got a link to this story? Can't find where this is official anywhere.

Iowanian
You're missing the point, and the bigger picture here. We're seeing the beginning of an absolute collapse for this organization. If they (Chiefs Mgmt) want to overreact after 1 game, can you imagine what's going to transpire over a full season?

This could be fun :)

If A complete meltdown this season, gets new managment, high enough draft picks to fix this Wagon.....

Let it rain.

I've made peace with the idea that the Chiefs aren't going to be good this year. I'll jump for joy with every success, but I think I know whats coming......Cheap, cheap tickets in the Arrowhead parking lot in 4 weeks.

I know my bad girlfriend is a whoooore, but I'm just going to pretend she's not when I'm getting my blowjob.

|Zach|
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
* Kicked longest field goal in Packers history (54 yards - Tied with Chris Jacke and Ryan Longwell)
* Michigan State's all-time leading scorer with 334 points, as well as all-time leader in field goals made (62) and extra points (148)
* 14th player in Big Ten history to score more than 300 points
* Hit his first game winner December 21, 2006 at home against the Minnesota Vikings
* Scored the last points in the year 2006

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
If A complete meltdown this season, gets new managment, high enough draft picks to fix this Wagon.....

Let it rain.

You're assuming we won't waste said draft picks....Hello Ryan Sims meet Junior...

Chief Chief
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Last time I checked, the Chiefs' offense was ZERO-for-9 in their drives to score a TD against Houston. It really wouldn't be prudent (now would it?) to waive Tony G, LJ, and the rest of the O. But how about getting rid of the coach of the offense and some/most of his staff and getting some folks who are passionate about playing to win the game?

luv
Well just a little rule you do well to follow...if you find yourself saying something like "I'm not calling him out..." then you are calling him out and you are just being nice about it.

That's like saying "i don't mean to be rude but...." i'm going too anyway.
Okay, then he also called out everyone who dropped a ball, including himself. Does that mean we cut all of those players, too?

HolmeZz
Hey, I'm not happy with releasing Medlock, but he was the #1 ranked K on most teams' draft boards.

But hey, if you're going to throw the expertise of ChiefsPlaneteers at me, I can hardly refute that brand of genious.

It wasn't just ChiefsPlanet and I hadn't seen anybody's rankings with Medlock ahead of Crosby. I don't know why anyone would have Medlock ahead of Crosby.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=17

http://nflexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2007&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=20

http://football.about.com/cs/positionalranking/a/nfldraftkrank.htm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6421386

And I don't know how you can be arguing against my position when Medlock is getting cut the day after Crosby kicks a Week 1 game-winner.

And here's a bunch of people complaining about picking Medlock over Crosby, except for Mecca who's a tard:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937468&highlight=Crosby#post3937468

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM

Not when theres a large number of guys out there who can hit at a much higher percentage.

Now if one wants to argue that by that logic we shouldn't draft kickers, I'll listen to that.

But to me it's just a 5th rounder that essentially didn't make the team because he was killing us.

This NFL team can.

A good kicker is the ICING on the cake, you don't build your offense around one.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, we are in 1st place , We are the laughing stock of the NFL......... Nice move Carl and Herm.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, yes they can.

We aren't going to the Super Bowl this season. We're not a threat to make the playoffs.

You keep Medlock in there and you let him develop. You're not losing anything other than a few games that, even if we won, wouldn't get us a playoff spot.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Has anybody got a link to this story? Can't find where this is official anywhere.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3244

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Right now Lawrence Tynes is laughing his ass off.

ahhhh - don't think so - he missed a PAT for the GIANTS last nite.

Dicky McElephant
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Zouk
This guy is a beast on kickoffs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/10/11/kick.record/index.html

ChiTown

How, exactly, did he kill us yesterday?

I'm really not trying to defend this kid, but the Chiefs fooked this up from the beginning, by not bringing any competition for him into training camp. It's their bed, so they should have to sleep in it for a while.

jmho

Cochise
Carl has had little patience for kickers since that time he picked one up at the $1 store and it got them bounced from the playoffs.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
This NFL team can.

A good kicker is the ICING on the cake, you don't build your offense around one.

Uh didnt you get the memo?

Herm sure in the hell does...

This is becoming a farce... How much longer are the fans going to put up with this clown?

Extra Point
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM
This NFL team can.

No? You can get a ST coach a head coaching job, after firing the one that got you into the playoffs.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM

the holder bobled the snap, tynes never kicked it. Pay attention

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
It wasn't just ChiefsPlanet and I hadn't seen anybody's rankings with Medlock ahead of Crosby. I don't know why anyone would have Medlock ahead of Crosby.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=17

http://nflexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2007&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=20

http://football.about.com/cs/positionalranking/a/nfldraftkrank.htm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6421386

And I don't know how you can be arguing against my position when Medlock is getting cut the day after Crosby kicks a Week 1 game-winner.

And here's a bunch of people complaining about picking Medlock over Crosby, except for Mecca who's a tard:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937468&highlight=Crosby#post3937468

It's been posted from several of the scouting sites.

Crosby's stock plummeted at the combine because of issues with his mechanics. From March on, Medlock was the #1 kicker on most team's boards.

KChiefs1
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Rayner couldn't beat out Mason Crosby with the Packers who just so happened to still be available when the Chiefs so wisely drafted Medlock over Crosby. I'm confused.....

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Who cares?? Medlock stunk it up and you all know this. He has looked like crap since the start of pre-season and you know it. To pretend otherwise is just to lie to yourself.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Who cares?? Medlock stunk it up and you all know this. He has looked like crap since the start of pre-season and you know it. To pretend otherwise is just to lie to yourself.
Who's pretending Medlock looked good?

|Zach|
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't have a problem with this.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Colquitt sucked his frist year as well, I remember the threads on here wanting him gone as well.

ChiTown
09-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Colquitt sucked his frist year as well, I remember the threads on here wanting him gone as well.

That's different. He's a punter..........

Woodrow Call
Not sure if this makes any sense but here it goes. I hate the move but I like the end result.

Rayner has great leg, has kicked in bad conditions his whole career, and is still young.

petegz28
Who's pretending Medlock looked good?

So then stop all the whining about him getting cut. At least they figured it out now. Cut him and move on. Average kickers are a dime a dozen and unfortunately the kicker is a good person to use when you want to make an example of someone and send a message to your team.

gblowfish
If this is all accurate, they could put him on the practice squad if he clears waivers. Give him a year to get his act together, and fight for a job in next year's training camp. Having someone push him for a job might wake his ass up.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Thank God for this

Medlock didn't show anything to make me believe he was a good kicker in the NFL. He was terrible without any promise.

Good move.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:44 PM
So then stop all the whining about him getting cut.
Do you understand why people might believe this is a bad move?

Just curious.

BigRock
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
It's been posted from several of the scouting sites.

Crosby's stock plummeted at the combine because of issues with his mechanics. From March on, Medlock was the #1 kicker on most team's boards.
And it bears repeating since so many seem to ignore it: Crosby was the THIRD kicker taken on draft day. That means that even after we took Medlock, another team (Cowboys) wanted a kicker, Crosby was on the board, and they passed on him. To read some of these posts, you'd think Crosby was taken with the pick immediately after the one we took Medlock with.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
So then stop all the whining about him getting cut. At least they figured it out now. Cut him and move on. Average kickers are a dime a dozen and unfortunately the kicker is a good person to use when you want to make an example of someone and send a message to your team.

Probably because it's a typical Chiefs move.

The kicker missed a few field goals, the fans get riled up, Herm throws the kicker under the bus and the fans REJOICE, while the team continues to stink up the joint.

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Do you understand why people might believe this is a bad move?

Just curious.

Does it matter? You just said he hasn't looked good at all. So WTF are you pissing and moaning about getting rid of someone who stunk it up?

We can get anyone in here to kick better than he has. He is the worst kicker I have seen in here. Lyn Elliot looks like Nick Lowrey compared to Medlock.

We wasted a draft pick. So suck it up, cut your losses and move on with life.

StcChief
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Another wasted draft pick. damn it Carl
UCLA connection panning out again.

Direckshun
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Does it matter? You just said he hasn't looked good at all.
So, your answer is no?

petegz28
Probably because it's a typical Chiefs move.

The kicker missed a few field goals, the fans get riled up, Herm throws the kicker under the bus and the fans REJOICE, while the team continues to stink up the joint.

Oh Smaq come on you know better than that. Medlock has not looked good since we signed him and you know this. This fans getting riled up were well after the fact that this kid showed he is not ready to compete at this level.

talastan
I think IF they put him on the PS and see if he develops then this is a good move. I don't want to see the kid cut, but this is Professional football. If it helps the team then lets move on. I think if Rayner is as good as his stats say he'll at least help a little.

Chief Chief

Yeah. We really got killed by those 3 points that we should have had. We definitely would have blown away them Texans if Medlock had made that field goal. By taking that early lead of a whopping 3 points, we would have made not just one, but several huge statements to Houston: "Don't EVER mess with us!", "Ya'll just go on home now 'cuz we got this game wrapped up!", "No, Houston..YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!", and "And if ya think that's nothing, just wait 'til we totally unleash the hell and fury of our offense!".

It really was Medlock that killed us when our offense hasn't scored more than 3 TDs yet in 5 games, when Kennison got injured, when Houston scored on that 77-yard pass play, when Drummond fumbled the ball, when Huard threw interceptions and got buried in the backfield, and when that F@&%-head ref couldn't see that Wilson didn't have full control of the ball as he turned.

The Jags will probably sign Medlock and he may not kick the livin' daylights out of us at Arrowhead this year but he'll get better as he gets more games under his belt.

HolmeZz
And it bears repeating since so many seem to ignore it: Crosby was the THIRD kicker taken on draft day. That means that even after we took Medlock, another team (Cowboys) wanted a kicker, Crosby was on the board, and they passed on him. To read some of these posts, you'd think Crosby was taken with the pick immediately after the one we took Medlock with while 31 other GMs sat around laughing.

Yes, we've already established that fans knew more about judging kickers than NFL general managers. It was a bad pick the second it was made and there were plenty of us that realized that.

alpha_omega
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
An OLineman would have been nice in the 5th round.

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
1 game

cut his ass

brilliant.....win-now-ism at it finest

talastan
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I also like the fact that we aren't allowing bad picks to keep seeing the field. (ie: Sims) At least we're making a move now.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh Smaq come on you know better than that. Medlock has not looked good since we signed him and you know this. This fans getting riled up were well after the fact that this kid showed he is not ready to compete at this level.

Medlock was one of the best 2 or 3 kickers in college footbal, a Groza award finalist.

Just like Brodie, he's "not ready".

Which is why this team will NEVER win anything of consequence.

Just think short-term, just think short-term...

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes, we've already established that fans knew more about judging kickers than NFL general managers. It was a bad pick the second it was made and there were plenty of us that realized that.

Did you even read what he posted? Seriously, get a clue.

suds79
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Chief Chief,

Kickers who hit 50% will kill you. That's where he's at.

Is there plenty of blame to go around? You bet. That's usually the case with bad teams.

But if you can prove some evidence that proves otherwise in that he will get better as the season goes, I'd love to hear it.... Oh wait. He kicked well in California. :whackit:

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Seriously? ROFL

petegz28
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Medlock was one of the best 2 or 3 kickers in college footbal, a Groza award finalist.

Just like Brodie, he's "not ready".

Which is why this team will NEVER win anything of consequence.

Just think short-term, just think short-term...

And Blackledge was one of the best QB's I thought in college too?

I guess though if you are great in college you are automatic in the NFL?

HolmeZz
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Did you even read what he posted? Seriously, get a clue.

Yes, the Cowboys were just as stupid as we were. That's not an excuse. Anyone who had seen Crosby and Medlock in college could tell you Crosby was the better kicker, and I personally never thought it was particularly close. It took one week into the season for that to play out.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM

If you go find them, you will notice I was driving the Colquitt bandwagon all the way through it.
However, I am not so sure about Medlock.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I really enjoy the polar nature of the kicking situation. 5th round pick (pretty high to use on a kicker). Say competition is needed for everyone and trade Tynes the same day. Declare Medlock is the guy and he has no competition all of camp. After the 4th preseason game bring in 6 guys, do nothing and say Medlock is the man. Cut him 12 hours after he goes 1/2.

FAX
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
In theory, I agree with your thoughts.

However, if you feel the need to waste a fuggin 5th rd draft pick on a kicker, you best be willing to be a bit more patient that 1 NFL regular season game where your missed 30 yrd FG was about as meaningless as a 3rd tit in that game.

Well said, Mr. ChiTown. Although, I can think of circumstances in which a third tit would be beneficial. One for each hand, and one to make boat motor noises on.

I have no love for Medlock, but if Herm is going to bounce a rookie kicker after one (1) game and one (1) miss, he should have been able to better evaluate him in off- pre-season and save everybody the trouble. That's his friggin' job.

This is another straw man, fall guy for Herm and Carl. They know damn well we looked like infected possum vagina flow in the Houston game. Somebody has to pay. They are sniveling, cowards whose main concern in this profession is their image.

FAX

petegz28
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought Colquitt did just fine his firts year. I don't know who is making shit up about him?

HolmeZz

The Lou Groza award is almost as indicative of NFL success as the Heisman Trophy.

htismaqe
Yes, the Cowboys were just as stupid as we were. That's not an excuse. Anyone who had seen Crosby and Medlock in college could tell you Crosby was the better kicker, and I personally never thought it was particularly close. It took one week into the season for that to play out.

Medlock was the #1 kicker on almost every team's board after the combine.

I saw them both play many, many times. Crosby has a strong leg, but lacked consistency.

Like I said, Medlock will be just fine and I'm sure he will look back on this and thank God that he got cut by this sorry-ass franchise.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM

I had the priviledge of watching, live, quite possibly the best college kicker ever. I'll trust his words on the subject.

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
That will be the day, let a kicker get ready? WTF? You either can kick or you can't. This is the NFL, and it means Not For Long, especially if you can't kick a 30 yard field goal. Heck, even the one he made knuckled like a winged duck.

I swear the fool forgot which hash mark he was kicking from. Snap good, hold good, stroke good, hit the ball good, sailed straight up and away at the angle he struck it. Ooops, I am on the left hash mark, not the right. Good one dude.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
If you go find them, you will notice I was driving the Colquitt bandwagon all the way through it.
However, I am not so sure about Medlock.

Heck I called the Colquitt on Draft Day.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I really enjoy the polar nature of the kicking situation. 5th round pick (pretty high to use on a kicker). Say competition is needed for everyone and trade Tynes the same day. Declare Medlock is the guy and he has no competition all of camp. After the 4th preseason game bring in 6 guys, do nothing and say Medlock is the man. Cut him 12 hours after he goes 1/2.

Just another shining example of how utterly incompetent this franchise is from top to bottom.

RedThat
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
The Chiefs get rid of Lawrence Tynes. Who was ok. Not a great kicker but an ok one.

They draft a kicker to replace him. So they cut Tynes and the coach says "Medlock" is our kicker.

but before that, the head coach says he is trying to create competition.

Then the head coach says that were going to play young players. But then they cut Medlock after a bad game.

No patience, no plan, no direction...This organization does not know what they 'effn they're doing.

This move is a classic example of that.

I hate our management.

pikesome
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Just another shining example of how utterly incompetent this franchise is from top to bottom.

Between this and Chiefnj2's post all that needs to be said has been.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought Colquitt did just fine his firts year. I don't know who is making shit up about him?

There are threads on it.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
No patience, no plan, no direction...This organization does not know what they 'effn they're doing.

QFT

HolmeZz
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM

I saw them both play many, many times. Crosby has a strong leg, but lacked consistency.

Like I said, Medlock will be just fine and I'm sure he will look back on this and thank God that he got cut by this sorry-ass franchise.

We're a hell of a lot more likely to regret not taking Crosby than we will regret cutting Medlock.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Does Herm give an interview today, or is the entire team off?

TEX
The Chiefs get rid of Lawrence Tynes. Who was ok. Not a great kicker but an ok one.

They draft a kicker to replace him. So they cut Tynes and the coach says "Medlock" is our kicker.

but before that, the head coach says he is trying to create competition.

Then the head coach says that were going to play young players. But then they cut Medlock after a bad game.

This move is a classic example of that.

I hate our management.

To add to this, they passed on Crosby in round 5 in favor of Medlock. And thet guy they sign to replace Medlock, was beaten out by Crosby. Kind of funny when you think about it...

petegz28

He may of been on everyone's board but that doesn't mean he isn't a bust or isn't a bust right now.

Stinger
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Does Herm give an interview today, or is the entire team off?

Most would saw the Herm and the entire team took off yesterday. Any chance we could get a redo and play today?

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
there are threads on it.

Here you go: link (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126816&highlight=dustin+colquitt)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126816&highlight=dustin+colquitt

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I can't understand what all the complaining is about. This team's goal is still to win, whether you like it or not. They don't have time to let some young kicker work through his troubles in an offense that places an emphasis on kicking field goals. Medlock had time to prove himself, both yesterday, and throughout the preseason, and all he proved was that he couldn't handle the pressure. Good riddance.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
He may of been on everyone's board but that doesn't mean he isn't a bust or isn't a bust right now.

NOBODY IS A BUST AFTER ONE GAME.

Nobody.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I can't understand what all the complaining is about. This team's goal is still to win, whether you like it or not. They don't have time to let some young kicker work through his troubles in an offense that places an emphasis on kicking field goals. Medlock had time to prove himself, both yesterday, and throughout the preseason, and all he proved was that he couldn't handle the pressure. Good riddance.

The goal is to win?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Frosty
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
The goal is to win?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Can't you tell?

Extra Point
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I watched Metro Sports late last night, and their reporter raked Medlock over the coals. Medlock answered the questions in "I guess I HAVE to comment on that" fashion.

"Are you confident that you can perform on this level?"
"Yeah, I have to be. Everybody's got my back."

Not actually....

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM
The goal is to win?

ROFL ROFL ROFL
I would think that would be obvious when we started Huard. If you're going to argue that they shouldn't be trying to win, well that's an entirely different argument, but they are, even if it's a half-assed attempt at doing so.

GoHuge
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Nobody.Oh come on somebody had to be. That's like saying we are the only living things in the universe. There had to be somebody that sucked that bad!!!

Sure-Oz
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
He needs to make chicken salad out of chicken shit!

Mr. Plow
09-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't think "PanicPlanet" even begins to describe the Chiefs organization.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Nobody.
I can't say I would be confident going into Chicago this Sunday with a field goal kicker who had proven through 5 games he couldn't kick the ball through the uprights consistently. I guess the Chiefs thought so, too.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh come on somebody had to be. That's like saying we are the only living things in the universe. There had to be somebody that sucked that bad!!!

Medlock?

petegz28
09-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Nobody.

yes the pre-season was vanilla on our fg kick plays i forgot.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe Medlock can get a gig with Printers up in the great white north. They can watch Chiefs football on Sunday, get a good laugh, get Gardner on the phone and prank call Peterson and Herm.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I can't say I would be confident going into Chicago this Sunday with a field goal kicker who had proven through 5 games he couldn't kick the ball through the uprights consistently. I guess the Chiefs thought so, too.

Like a kicker is going to make a difference.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Like a kicker is going to make a difference.
The best we can hope on the Bears is to get a number of field goals, and somehow win the turnover battle. Having a half-decent kicker could make a very big difference.

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I love the team being proactive. Should get this fixed because down the stretch it would have bitton us

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Is he any good?

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I love the team being proactive. Should get this fixed because down the stretch it would have bitton us

Proactive?

ROFL

This is very DEFINITION of reactive.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
The best we can hope on the Bears is to get a number of field goals, and somehow win the turnover battle. Having a half-decent kicker could make a very big difference.

ROFL

I can't wait until Rayner misses a kick next weekend...

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Mine as well get it fixed now before it costs us in a divisional game.

CHENZ A!
09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Seen enough of Medlock, he sucks

we got a pick for Tynes right?

Maybe this Rayner guy will be pretty good.

MAKE IT RAYNE ON DEM HOES!

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
why would you draft a player if you intended to only give him 1 game to become a seasoned Vet?

this franchise is beyond stupid, so far beyond....

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Mine as well get it fixed now before it costs us in a divisional game.

"win now"

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
ROFL

I can't wait until Rayner misses a kick next weekend...
Medlock is 50% on his field goal tries with this team in 5 games...he sucked. Period.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
wowser

evolve27
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
wow, this organization's a mess, next cut-King Carl.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 02:32 PM
btw - for those people who say "it's just a 5th rounder"

screwing up 5th rounders is the kind of thing that has killed us over the year.

colts have drafted 90% of their roster

chiefs can't help but screw draft picks up right and left.

just had someone tell me that is isn't coaching that it's talent level ...... well ........

Molitoth
09-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm happy with the cut... I don't want to wait around for a Lin Elliot moment to have to say "I told you so".

Medlock sucked.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Medlock is 50% on his field goal tries with this team in 5 games...he sucked. Period.

5 games?!?!

Call it a career folks!

Somebody get Steve Young on the phone, he needs to give back his Super Bowl rings...

evolve27
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
btw - for those people who say "it's just a 5th rounder"

screwing up 5th rounders is the kind of thing that has killed us over the year.

colts have drafted 90% of their roster

chiefs can't help but screw draft picks up right and left.

just had someone tell me that is isn't coaching that it's talent level ...... well ........

Yeah it's been the life story ever since Carl's been here, this teams needs a change up in the front office. Develop a fu**ing QB, scout better , don't go thru free agency to fill fu**ing gaps with old players...get rid of Solari, Gunther, Herm, and get some fu**ing winners here...I don't know bout the Chiefs anymore..starting to remind me of the Royals..

the Talking Can
09-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm happy with the cut... I don't want to wait around for a Lin Elliot moment to have to say "I told you so".

Medlock sucked.

yes, it so important to finish 7-9 rather than 6-10....

"win now"

siberian khatru
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
5 games?!?!

Call it a career folks!

Somebody get Steve Young on the phone, he needs to give back his Super Bowl rings...

Shame on me for being astounded by the board's reaction to this. Carl knows the fans much, much better than I thought he did.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, and I'm sure someone else has pointed it out by now, but Raynes stats are worse than Tynes. Most teams could make their kicking situation worse without having to give up a 5th round draft pick to accomplish it.

FAX
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, and I'm sure someone else has pointed it out by now, but Raynes stats are worse than Tynes. Most teams could make their kicking situation worse without having to give up a 5th round draft pick to accomplish it.

ROFL

FAX

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I am happy someone is stepping up for the players not playing well. Before we would have just let it go and "try harder" this is america. You either get the job done or we will find someone who soes

evolve27
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Dave Rayner
Draft: 2005 - 6th round (28th pick) by the Indianapolis Colts

I see potential here. Colts draft well. That's it.

Chief Henry
09-10-2007, 03:01 PM

We have one man thats been in charge for 18 years :shake:
and no clear sign of any change in the forseeable future either.

How long can Carl keep from making Herman Edwards his whipping boy.

Fish
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Medlock sucked.

If the coaches acted as impulsively as you about all the positions, then we wouldn't have many players left on the team...

And I can't wait for that Lin Elliot moment with Rayner.... what will you say then?

tiptap
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Can Rayner get the kick off to the endzone? That alone places him as better than Medlock?

Chief Henry
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I can't beleave they cut this kid right now.

The chiefs organization STINKS. He was
the best kicker coming out of college football
and the chiefs don't trust there #3 pick.
Just brilliant. Like Medlock was going to be the
player that takes us to the Superbowl.
Medlock will play in the Superbowl before Herman Edwards or Carl Peterson takes the Chiefs to the Superbowl.

Hey Carl **** You (grabbing my crotch)

Terribilis
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
has this been verified anywhere else? I am having trouble finding it

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Someone on another board posted per 610 the chiefs signed dave rayner from green bay anyone confirm ????????

props to Carl for making one of the most important decisions for this team.
We could have lost 6-20 if he had done this last week.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM
This proves more than anything, this along with the Huard call.

The Chiefs will never be about rebuilding or a youth movement. They are about winning their 7-9 games and filling up that stadium, it's pretty much impossible to argue it now.

Of all the horrid things in that game yesterday they cut the kicker who in the grand scheme of things didn't matter. He's young let him develop see what happens you aren't winning this year.

To bad the Chiefs will never believe in patience or developing players.

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Un****ingbelievable.

Wait, no it's not. It's totally believable.
:banghead:

lancer348
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
What angers me is that people will think everything is well now that we've cut the kicker....

Mike Nugent missed a FG under 30 yds in his debut with the Jets. He was 24 of 27 last year (88.9)

Adam Vinateri started off 2 for 5 in his rookie season. Good thing for the Patriots they did not cut him.

Sample size people...

Fruit Ninja
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
What angers me is that people will think everything is well now that we've cut the kicker....

Mike Nugent missed a FG under 30 yds in his debut with the Jets. He was 24 of 27 last year (88.9)

Adam Vinateri started off 2 for 5 in his rookie season. Good thing for the Patriots they did not cut him.

Sample size people... I agree with this 100 percent, but here's the big thing. We got Herman Edward and Carl Peterson. THey think we can win now. They dont want to break in a rookie kicker right now.

Carl will do everything in his power not to finish at the bottom of the league even if it means its best for the team in the future.

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't have cut him. What's the point? If he finishes out the year sucking *then* cut him. You aren't going anywhere this year anyway, but it's getting to be pretty obvious that the Chiefs management doesn't get that. At all.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't have cut him. What's the point? If he finishes out the year sucking *then* cut him. You aren't going anywhere this year anyway, but it's getting to be pretty obvious that the Chiefs management doesn't get that. At all.

That's not the Chiefs way man, they have to look like they are competing so people will fill up the stadium. It's about being at least ok enough right now to con people into believing in them enough to lay down their cash.

Kicker is something even the most casual fan saw him miss a 30 yard FG so they can appease them by cutting the guy.

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
This was all the talk about around the water cooler. Good get the trash out. Bring someone in who can get the JOB DONE PERIOD!

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
That's not the Chiefs way man, they have to look like they are competing so people will fill up the stadium. It's about being at least ok enough right now to con people into believing in them enough to lay down their cash.

Kicker is something even the most casual fan saw him miss a 30 yard FG so they can appease them by cutting the guy.
It's sad, but the loyalty of the KC fans is what has allowed CP and the Hunt family to rape them for so many years.

Chiefs fans are smart. They can recognize a rebuilding effort and would most likely be Ok with it and support the team through it EXCEPT that it's the same group of idiots that have wasted top 5 D's and top 5 O's for almost two decades. We all know full well that even if we suffer through a rebuild we're coming out with half a team. Add to that the fact that we keep trotting out old never-were's instead of letting the young guys take their licks and you have where we are: nobody is buying it.

IMO the Hunts have cashed their last goodwill check with the fans in regards to Carl. That's why they're having to try so hard to sell tickets. Fans have given up on Carl and the crop he's got in there.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Bingo.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Sample size people...

Mike Nugent and Vinateri are good kickers.

Medlock sucks, 5 games told us so.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 05:02 PM
It's sad, but the loyalty of the KC fans is what has allowed CP and the Hunt family to rape them for so many years.

Chiefs fans are smart. They can recognize a rebuilding effort and would most likely be Ok with it and support the team through it EXCEPT that it's the same group of idiots that have wasted top 5 D's and top 5 O's for almost two decades. We all know full well that even if we suffer through a rebuild we're coming out with half a team.

IMO the Hunts have cashed their last goodwill check with the fans in regards to Carl. That's why they're having to try so hard to sell tickets. Fans have given up on Carl and the crop he's got in there.

I agree with you to an extent but there are other people that have been totally conned into believing the Chiefs are a organization on level with the Pats and will always contend....I tend to run into these people all the time.

Simplex3
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree with you to an extent but there are other people that have been totally conned into believing the Chiefs are a organization on level with the Pats and will always contend....I tend to run into these people all the time.
Every organization has it's "blind homer" faction. Nothing anyone can do about them.

AZORChiefFan
09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
So they cut the only guy to contribute any points on opening day. - NICE. (hint of sarcasm there).

Mecca
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Every organization has it's "blind homer" faction. Nothing anyone can do about them.

Some of them post here and tend to get upset when those of us who are realistic hit them with reality.

Fruit Ninja
09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Mike Nugent and Vinateri are good kickers.

Medlock sucks, 5 games told us so.
Same thing happens with most rookie Kickers. The kicker for Jax was horrible during their training camp thing they had on the NFL network. He missed alot of field goals, they were at the point of almost cutting him. THey hung in with him, and now he's a pretty good kicker.

Chief Chief
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Rayner: Made 26 of 36 field goals last year.

...so CP & HE are calling this an improvement?

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
It's not only an improvement but a statement. Failure is not an option. Kudos to them. It's a tough but valuble lesson. You don't get the job done you are GONE SUCKER!. Love the new attitude.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Almost 200 posts on a thread about a kicker hehe

Fairplay
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
We might not be the blackest team in the NFL anymore.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 05:37 PM
After reflecting on this for several hours, I am still not sure how I feel about it. On one hand it pisses me off, on the other I wonder if the guy had an insurmountable head issue.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Almost 200 posts on a thread about a kicker hehe
It keeps our minds off our problems.

Fairplay
09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
After reflecting on this for several hours, I am still not sure how I feel about it.

You must have been bored sh*t-less.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
It's not only an improvement but a statement. Failure is not an option. Kudos to them. It's a tough but valuble lesson. You don't get the job done you are GONE SUCKER!. Love the new attitude.

Failure isn't an option, as long as you're a kicker.

If you're a fan-favorite FB that can't even make the gameday roster, you can keep your job as long as you want...

chop
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Update from fanball:

Chiefs: Medlock out; Rayner in

09/10/07 06:11 PM
THE NEWS
The Chiefs released kicker Justin Medlock on Monday and signed free agent kicker Dave Rayner to a two-year deal, the Kansas City Star reports. Medlock will be placed on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
Our View
The Chiefs could trade for Adam Vinatieri, and we still wouldn't get excited. Their offense is too awful right now for fantasy teams to look at one of their kickers.

Marcellus
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I think it is hilarious there is a meltdown going on over a freaking 5th round draft pick.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I think it is hilarious there is a meltdown going on over a freaking 5th round draft pick.

It isn't JUST a 5th round draft pick.

This is just one more example in the last TWO DECADES of how pathetic this franchise really is.

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Like a kicker is going to make a difference.Duh, it is called FOOTball.

whoaskew
09-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Why is Vanderjagt still unemployed?

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Rayner,Dave-PK-Michigan%20State.htm

Dave Rayner, PK, Michigan State
Height: 6:02.0 Weight: 210
Overview: Rayner is a talented kicker with a powerful leg. He has handled all place-kicking duties for the Spartans since his sophomore year. He also proved to be a capable kickoff specialist and served as a "pooch" punter for MSU the last two seasons. A highly regarded football prospect coming out of Oxford High School, he was also sought by several schools for his soccer ability. Rayner averaged 43.3 yards per punt during his prep days. He also competed as a wide receiver and lettered with the basket-ball team. He took over placekicking chores at Michigan State during the last nine games of the 2001 season, finishing with 60 points on 8-of-14 field goals and 36-of-37 PATs. He added 64 points when he converted 34-of-35 extra points and 10-of-16 field goals as a sophomore. Rayner set a school season-record for kickers with 105 points in 2003. He connected on 22-of-29 field goals and 39-of-40 conversions. He also handled kickoff chores and punted 14 times for 565 yards (40.4 avg). Rayner was a second-team All-Big Ten Conference selection by both the coaches and media in 2004. He again scored 105 points while making 22-of-31 field goals and all 39 extra point attempts. He also averaged 34.4 yards on five punts. He finished his career as MSU's all-time leader in scoring (334 career points), field goals (62 made) and extra points (148 made). In 2004, he became only the fourteenth player in Big Ten Conference history to reach the 300-point milestone.

Analysis: Positives...Has a slender body, but shows good structure and the potential to add more bulk...Has the ability to kick through the end zone and handle ling distance field goals... Shows the good hands needed to handle punt snaps and adjust to the ball...Has good leg strength and adequate quickness from the snap to the kick...Gets a good rise on his field goal and placement attempts...Gets adequate height on his kickoffs...Shows good accuracy on his long range field goal attempts...Handles pressure well and comes back strong after a missed kick...His snap-to-toe time on field goals average to 1.39 seconds... His kickoffs the last two years averaged 68.2 yards with an average hang time of 4.06 seconds...Self-taught and trained player who charts his own kicks and analyzing his own game films.

Negatives...Most of his misses on field goals were the result of a poor holder and snapper, but in poor weather, he does not kick well into the wind and needs to show better direction on his kickoffs during bad weather...Emergency punter only with marginal hang time (3.94 second average) and poor distance on his attempts...Gets better height and trajectory on field goals than he does on kickoffs (tends to line drive the ball, not allowing the coverage unit enough time to get down field to cover.

Agility tests: 5.00 seconds in 40-yard dash.

High school: Attended Oxford (Mich.) High School, playing football for coach Bud Rowley...Named to the Detroit Free Press Dream Team...Ranked No. 27 on The Detroit News' Blue Chip list...Converted three-of-four field-goal attempts as a senior...Set a school single-season record with 35 PATs in 2000...82 percent of his kickoffs reached the end zone... Averaged 44.7 yards on 30 punts as a senior...Also saw action at receiver and had 13 receptions for 210 yards (16.2 avg.) and three touchdowns...Earned All-Metro honors as a junior...Hit five-of-eight field-goal attempts in 1999, including a career-long 48-yarder, and 25-of-26 extra-point attempts...His 20-yard field goal gave Oxford (Mich.) High School a 17-14 overtime win over Farmington Hills Harrison in 1999...Owns all but one school punting/placekicking record...His career 43.3-yard punting average tops the all-time list...Also recruited as an NCAA Division I soccer prospect...All-Metro sweeper scored 11 goals and had eight assists as a senior...Two-year starter on the basketball team.

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
MEDLOCK IS WORSE THAN 9/11

Why is Vanderjagt still unemployed?Because he's a stupid drunk.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
This is another in a long line of Carlisms. This move reeks of desperation. Carl really doesn't know how to build a winner. 19 years and he's still making amatuer moves like this. Pathetic.