PDA

View Full Version : Medlock Cut. . is good. . .

percysnow
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Chiefs need to start getting tough with their players. . need to let then know that losing is not an option and if u continue to choke or make mental errors ur gone. . it's that simple. . losing is begining to become the norm in KC. . this isnt little league baseball. .this is pro football where the losewrs on this team get paid a great deal of money. . . .if u cant help us win... goodbye. . this aint triple A or college we are not here to develop losers into winers. .medlock had more than enough chances in preaseason and then in the real game

KevB
09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Chiefs need to start getting tough with their players. . need to let then know that losing is not an option and if u continue to choke or make mental errors ur gone. . it's that simple. . losing is begining to become the norm in KCV. . this isnt little league baseball. .this is pro football where the losewrs on this team get paid a great deal of money. . . .if u cant help us win goodbye. . this aint triple A or college we are not here to develop losers into winers. .

Using those same fair standards, at what point can we cut the GM?

oldandslow
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM

and head coach...

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM

and Herm

FAX
And you "aint" intelligent enough to have posting privileges on Britney Spears' blog.

FAX

|Zach|
Why are you here? You said you were done.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Wait, I thought the Kid was gonna be Fiiiinnnne??

Actually, it sucks that we wasted a 5th rounder on a kicker...

percysnow
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Why are you here? You said you were done.

why do u keep posting in all of m,y threads. . it's really cute. . if u want a signed 8 x 10 just send me a self addressed stamped envelope. . .

Redrum_69
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL

Go out to EBAY and search for a Medlock jersey....

There are going to be worth alot of money when the next team signs him and he becomes an All-Pro kicker!

|Zach|
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
why do u keep posting in all of m,y threads. . it's really cute. . if u want a signed 8 x 10 just send me a self addressed stamped envelope. . .
I thought you were done? What gives?

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow.

This reeks of desperation. :shake:

I can understand wanting to send a message to players, especially underachieving players.....but, sheesh, afte week one? :banghead:

Redrum_69
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Who will be the next player to be cut?

Huard??

Parker???

Sippio?!?!?

DaFace
09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm sure glad you started a new thread about this. It just wouldn't have been the same if you had put your thoughts in another thread that was already about Medlock getting cut.

Bowser
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow.

This reeks of desperation. :shake:

I can understand wanting to send a message to players, especially underachieving players.....but, sheesh, afte week one? :banghead:

Yeah, it's bullshit. I thinkI am a firm convert over to the Talking Can/htismaqe camp after this move....

kepp
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Stupid, stupid move IMO. He didn't lose the game for us and he has shown in the past that he CAN be a good-to-great kicker. We're not going to set the world on fire this year so we may as well have tried to develop him. This is the same mentality that has Croyle sitting on the bench.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
If we're gonna use these standards, we won't have enough guys left to play offense...

Frosty
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe they should cut Bowe, as he has only caught about 50% of the balls thrown to him, even in preseason. :rolleyes:

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Using those same fair standards, at what point can we cut the GM?How about replacing the Tomahawk chop, "ooooo oooo ooooo", with "CARLLLLL MUST GOOOOO, CARLLLLL MUST GOOOOOOOO"

Think it would catch on?

No, those wouldn't be the REAL fans calling for your head there Carl.

mcan
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Trade away Dante Hall for a 5th round pick. Cut Tynes and use 5th rounder to draft Medlock. Replace Dante with Drummund.

Game one is in the books.

Tynes: 3 for 3 with a 48 yard long, 2 for 2 on PATs.
Medlock: 1 for 2 on kicks < 30 yards. No PATs.

Drummund: 3 KO returns for a 26.3 yard average. 3 Punt returns for a 6.3 yard average and a FUMBLE.
Hall: 5 KO returns for a 29.2 yard average and one long return of over 40 yards. 2 Punt returns for a 2.5 yard average.

The Bad Guy
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
We don't know if this guy is a good/great kicker.

He proved he was a good kicker in college, which a lot of the time doesn't translate into squat in the NFL.

If people are really getting worked up over losing Medlock, it must be their time of the month.

I wish we drafted Crosby, but oh well.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
We don't know if this guy is a good/great kicker.

He proved he was a good kicker in college, which a lot of the time doesn't translate into squat in the NFL.

If people are really getting worked up over losing Medlock, it must be their time of the month.

I wish we drafted Crosby, but oh well.

People are worked up over cutting Medlock because it's YET ANOTHER sign that all this talk about BUILDING a team was utter BULLSHIT.

The Chiefs don't intend to build a thing. Cutting Medlock now does one thing - APPEASE THE FANS.

Same shit, different year.

Short Leash Hootie
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow, this is ridiculous...

ARE YOU SERIOUS? We trade Tynes because Medlock doesn't need any competition...then after one week and one miss, albeit a very bad miss, he gets cut and we bring in a guy who was so-so last year in Green Bay...

Nice 5th round pick. Jesus. If you DRAFT a kicker, you have to at least push him in camp or live through the lumps.

Ridiculous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's bullshit. I thinkI am a firm convert over to the Talking Can/htismaqe camp after this move....

I don't get name rights in this camp :BS:

:D

el borracho
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Doesn't appease me. I was happy with Tynes, unhappy to see us spend a 5th round pick on a kicker (not a position of need, IMO) and am now a little pissed that we cut the guy so soon. Basically, we cut Tynes for no reason and wasted a pick. Not good.

Extra Point
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Door 1-- No, 2-- No, 3!!!
Oops! Sgt Stedenko!!!!

Radar Chief
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Doesn't appease me. I was happy with Tynes, unhappy to see us spend a 5th round pick on a kicker (not a position of need, IMO) and am now a little pissed that we cut the guy so soon. Basically, we cut Tynes for no reason and wasted a pick. Not good.

Thatís where Iím at. Total waste all the way around.

StcChief
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Week #1's scapegoat was found and slaughtered.

ILikeBigTiddys
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
He did miss the FG, but I thought he did a good job kicking off atleast better than Tynes. I think they need to let him stay around and try to win his job back.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Week #1's scapegoat was found and slaughtered.

Yep.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM

Cutting Tynes gives the APPEARANCE that we're building a team through the draft. :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
We didnt cut Tynes, we traded him. We actually got something for his worthless ass which was amazing.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Stupid, stupid move IMO. He didn't lose the game for us and he has shown in the past that he CAN be a good-to-great kicker. We're not going to set the world on fire this year so we may as well have tried to develop him. This is the same mentality that has Croyle sitting on the bench.
Missing the kick vastly changed the momentum of the game yesterday. I'm not sure we would have won, considering all the fumbling and bumbling afterwards, but getting points out of that long drive and taking a lead would have provided some confidence to everybody. I'm very fine with getting rid of Medlock. If he can't make a 30 yard kick in that situation, he doesn't deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's a cut throat league, and it's that simple.

Inspector
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Wha...???

JFC, Medlock got CUT???

After one F'ing game???

WTF????

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree if he was playing for the pats he would have been DONE right now. That is why they are the best they don't take loosing!

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Missing the kick vastly changed the momentum of the game yesterday. I'm not sure we would have won, considering all the fumbling and bumbling afterwards, but getting points out of that long drive and taking a lead would have provided some confidence to everybody. I'm very fine with getting rid of Medlock. If he can't make a 30 yard kick in that situation, he doesn't deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's a cut throat league, and it's that simple.

I know.

It will make all of this much easier to stomach when Medlock goes on to have a successful NFL career somewhere OTHER THAN KC.

Frazod
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't understand why anybody has a problem with cutting a kicker who can't f#cking kick. Seriously, that's the bottom line. He's hired to do one goddamn thing and he can't do it. How can you NOT whack him? I don't know what happened to this guy, but clearly he's a headcase and WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HEAD CASE KICKER. Better to cut ties now.

Frankly, I'm surprised they did it. They haven't appeared that bright lately.

oldandslow
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I know.

It will make all of this much easier to stomach when Medlock goes on to have a successful NFL career somewhere OTHER THAN KC.

it's the Carl/Herm definition of a youth movement.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't think it is ever good when your 5th round pick is gone less than 6 months after he was chosen.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I know.

I won't care if that happens in the slightest if Rayner can consistently make 30 yard kicks for us this season. Bottomline, Medlock had to go.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't understand why anybody has a problem with cutting a kicker who can't f#cking kick. Seriously, that's the bottom line. He's hired to do one goddamn thing and he can't do it. How can you NOT whack him? I don't know what happened to this guy, but clearly he's a headcase and WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HEAD CASE KICKER. Better to cut ties now.

How do you know he's a headcase?

A decade of Erick Hicks, 5 games of Medlock.

No wonder this team is so pathetic.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I won't care if that happens in the slightest if Rayner can consistently make 30 yard kicks for us this season. Bottomline, Medlock had to go.

Yeah, he had to go, seeing as the kicker is the missing ingredient in what is now a sure-fire Super Bowl season.

You know what I'm looking forward to? The "Cut Rayner" threads that will inevitably appear when he misses a FG at Chicago next weekend.

beach tribe
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I think this is crazy, but dude has sucked.

Radar Chief
09-10-2007, 02:01 PM

I donít have a problem with cutting a kicker that canít get the job done, my problem is that he not only represents a wasted draft pick, but that we let go of a serviceable, if not spectacular, kicker in favor of that wasted draft pick. Now weíre right back where we started trying to put a band-aid on a problem I thought was supposed to be fixed with the draft.

TEX
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, he had to go, seeing as the kicker is the missing ingredient in what is now a sure-fire Super Bowl season.

You know what I'm looking forward to? The "Cut Rayner" threads that will inevitably appear when he misses a FG at Chicago next weekend.

Not because he was a missing ingredient - but because he could NOT kick. It's pretty simple.

DomCasual
09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
What the heck? I thought Goat Cheese said that Medlock was going to be fine; that he just needed to iron out some mechanical issues.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I didnt' care for him, but even I would have given him another game or two.

He was a very good kicker in college. To give up on him so quickly after he was given special treatment is just bizarre.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Not because he was a missing ingredient - but because he could NOT kick. It's pretty simple.

ROFL

4 preseason games and one 1-2 performance and he "can't kick".

ROFL

bkkcoh
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
What the heck? I thought Goat Cheese said that Medlock was going to be fine; that he just needed to iron out some mechanical issues.

He probably will be for the next team he hooks up with, if he is able to do so.

Planetman
09-10-2007, 02:37 PM
ROFL

4 preseason games and one 1-2 performance and he "can't kick".

ROFL
Every week he's 50%.

No kicker with a 50% average keeps his job.

Frazod
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
How do you know he's a headcase?

A decade of Erick Hicks, 5 games of Medlock.

No wonder this team is so pathetic.

Well, I would have shitcanned Hicks as well, but I WAS NOT CONSULTED.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Every week he's 50%.

No kicker with a 50% average keeps his job.

"Every" week.

All 5 of them.

Tremendous sample size there.

I've come to the conclusion that this Chiefs team, as pathetic as it is, is EXACTLY what most Chiefs fans DESERVE.

Carl has been here for 18 years with his "win now" philosophy because that's what sells tickets.

Frazod
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM

He still does. But now, he can iron them out elsewhere.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
He still does. But now, he can iron them out elsewhere.

And iron them out, he will.

We'll go through 4 or 5 kickers in the time he plays in this league.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
"Every" week.

All 5 of them.

I've come to the conclusion that this Chiefs team, as pathetic as it is, is EXACTLY what most Chiefs fans DESERVE.

Carl has been here for 18 years with his "win now" philosophy because that's what sells tickets.
If there goal is to win, and I believe it is, cutting a kicker who couldn't kick whatsoever in 5 games is what had to be done.

Again, go ahead and argue whether the philosophy of this team is correct or not all you want, but for their goals, they made the right decision here. I gurantee you they didn't want to go into Chicago with a kicker nobody on the team believed in.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
If he was an undrafted free agent, I don't have a problem releasing him.

The Chiefs front office thought enough of him that they spent a 5th round draft pick on him. That has to elevate his potential worth some degree. At least give him a handful of regular season games to get his act together.

Planetman
09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
"Every" week.

All 5 of them.

If one of our receivers dropped 1 out of every 2 TD passes every week, would you be OK with that?

If Huard throws 1 TD to 1 INT every week, are you OK with that?

If Colquitt shanked every other punt, would you be OK with that?

If every other kickoff went out of bounds, would you be OK with that?

TEX
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
If there goal is to win, and I believe it is, cutting a kicker who couldn't kick whatsoever in 5 games is what had to be done.

Again, go ahead and argue whether the philosophy of this team is correct or not all you want, but for their goals, they made the right decision here. I gurantee you they didn't want to go into Chicago with a kicker nobody on the team believed in.

:clap: IMO very well said.

Frazod
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
And iron them out, he will.

We'll go through 4 or 5 kickers in the time he plays in this league.

I'm glad you're so certain that we just cut the next Adam Vinateri, who has very craftily disguised his prowess by missing half his kicks in five games.

And I'm sorry but, yes, when you're a rookie kicker, missing kicks in preseason games counts. I'd say by the third game this douchebag should have known he was kicking for his job, but he still continued to suck.

Real pressure guy, that one. :rolleyes:

Hog Farmer
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
This is a suprise. I would think a Rookie kicker would be given a little longer. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay a dedicated homer of this team.

FAX
09-10-2007, 02:54 PM
This isn't about a rookie kicker missing one (1) kick in one (1) game. This isn't about Herm's obvious inability to figure out Medlock wasn't the answer during the many months of off- or pre-season "evaluations". This isn't even about Herm's reliance upon a highly dependable kicker to win close games (because the one we picked up doesn't match that description).

This is about one of the worst showings in recent Chiefs history and the need to immediately sacrifice someone to the Homer Gods.

FAX

cdcox
09-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Huard threw 2 INTs and had 0 TDs. He should be cut.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:01 PM
This isn't about a rookie kicker missing one (1) kick in one (1) game. This isn't about Herm's obvious inability to figure out Medlock wasn't the answer during the many months of off- or pre-season "evaluations". This isn't even about Herm's reliance upon a highly dependable kicker to win close games (because the one we picked up doesn't match that description).

This is about one of the worst showings in recent Chiefs history and the need to immediately sacrifice someone to the Homer Gods.

FAX
Well of course much of what Herm and Carl do is all about public image, including this particular move. I don't think that made it any less necessary, though.

Planetman
Huard threw 2 INTs and had 0 TDs. He should be cut.
Check you sampling size. I went with 4 preseason games and 1 regular season game for medlock.

Count Alex's Wins
This is what Medlock gets for blowing me off in River Falls. Karma's a bitch.

Psyko Tek
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
well good
that'll show him
and after next weeks loss let's cut.....
Boomer, yeah it's gotta be his fault

Logical
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
People are worked up over cutting Medlock because it's YET ANOTHER sign that all this talk about BUILDING a team was utter BULLSHIT.

The Chiefs don't intend to build a thing. Cutting Medlock now does one thing - APPEASE THE FANS.

At least this is consistent with not playing Brodie. Not a great move but consistent.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Check you sampling size. I went with 4 preseason games and 1 regular season game for medlock.

The point is that both sample sizes are inadequate. Especially when we have nothing to lose in waiting out Medlock for a few more games. We aren't going to be competitive this year. Why not use the season to develop talent?

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
The point is that both sample sizes are inadequate. Especially when we have nothing to lose in waiting out Medlock for a few more games. We aren't going to be competitive this year. Why not use the season to develop talent?
This is the same thing as the Huard-Croyle argument. You may be right about us not being competitive, but Carl, Herm, and the team haven't given up after one game. Their goal is still to win, and having a kicker that nobody has any confidence going into Chicago just wasn't going to cut it.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 03:08 PM
At least this is consistent with not playing Brodie. Not a great move but consistent.

We got a couple of young safties that are in dangerous territory, if we want to play the everyone gets treated the same card. Pollard gave up one long TD and the duo would have given up another if the pass by Schuab had been half decent.

Zeke Ziggle

It a youth movement with veterans.

Man how is this place going to cope if rayner misses those 30 yarders as well.

Planetman
This is the same thing as the Huard-Croyle argument. You may be right about us not being competitive, but Carl, Herm, and the team haven't given up after one game. Their goal is still to win, and having a kicker that nobody has any confidence going into Chicago just wasn't going to cut it.
Stop making sense. People can't argue with you if you do that. :)

Logical
09-10-2007, 03:09 PM
"Every" week.

All 5 of them.

Yup, but he is consistent, if nothing else.

I think we have about 50-60% that want to get rid of his ass, but it needs to be over 85% to have any chance. I keep my fingers crossed.

Logical
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM

FAXDing, ding, ding we have a winner.

Next weeks sacrificial lamb will be one of the coaches, personally I am hoping for Dick Curl.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Exactly what about the offense "cuts it" to give us any confidence about going into Chicago? Why not be honest and recognize that this Chiefs team is in transition and use the season to develop and evaluate talent? At least the season would have a purpose then.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner.

Next weeks sacrificial lamb will be one of the coaches, personally I am hoping for Dick Curl.

By Whitlock's account, Curl's influence with Herm is increasing, not decreasing.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Exactly what about the offense "cuts it" to give us any confidence about going into Chicago? Why not be honest and recognize that this Chiefs team is in transition and use the season to develop and evaluate talent? At least the season would have a purpose then.
You think Carl is suddenly going to stop trying to win and give up possible revenue in doing so? I would hope that you would know these guys better than that. Nobody is going to admit that the best this team can do is win 8-9 games, and possibly get into the playoffs, and that's just the way it is.

For this team's goals, cutting Medlock was exactly what they had to do. As for whether the season has an actual purpose, well that's a different argument entirely.

FAX
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Good point, Mr. KC_Connection. If everyone believes that Medlock sucks, he has to go. No question. But, there's just one problem ... why should anyone have great confidence in Rayner? Tynes' career FG% is 78.9 ... Rayner's is 72.2%!! In the AFCW, the comparison gets even worse ... Janikowski - 76.5, Elam - 80.0, Kaeding - 84.8.

The bottom line is that, if we're talking about Herm's need for field goals to win "real football games", he's just picked up a kicker who is far from dependable and that doesn't really translate into confidence.

FAX

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM

They brought in a kicker that just got beat out by a rookie.

ROFL

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
If one of our receivers dropped 1 out of every 2 TD passes every week, would you be OK with that?

If Colquitt shanked every other punt, would you be OK with that?

If every other kickoff went out of bounds, would you be OK with that?

No, I'm not ok with it.

But the Chiefs are.

As long as it's not a kicker.

I'm glad you can stomach double-standards and desperation. I can't.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM

FAX

Yep.

And look how happy some of the fans are. They wanted their blood and they got it.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Good point, Mr. KC_Connection. If everyone believes that Medlock sucks, he has to go. No question. But, there's just one problem ... why should anyone have great confidence in Rayner? Tynes' career FG% is 78.9 ... Rayner's is 72.2%!! In the AFCW, the comparison gets even worse ... Janikowski - 76.5, Elam - 80.0, Kaeding - 84.8.

The bottom line is that, if we're talking about Herm's need for field goals to win "real football games", he's just picked up a kicker who is far from dependable and that doesn't really translate into confidence.

FAX

Oops. :redface:

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Huard's started 16 games in TEN YEARS. And you want to play the "sample size" card.

ROFL

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Yeah, it's worked so well the past 18 years.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
It a youth movement with veterans.

Man how is this place going to cope if rayner misses those 30 yarders as well.

I know. I can't wait.

Fish
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM

FAX

But it's something different.... It doesn't matter if it doesn't make any sense, it just has to be a change. We don't need to stop long enough to think about whether that change will be any better than what we had before. We just demand....something different... dammit!! We'll worry about whether it's a good plan for the future when the future gets here...

:cuss:

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
You think Carl is suddenly going to stop trying to win and give up possible revenue in doing so? I would hope that you would know these guys better than that. Nobody is going to admit that the best this team can do is win 8-9 games, and possibly get into the playoffs, and that's just the way it is.

For this team's goals, cutting Medlock was exactly what they had to do. As for whether the season has an actual purpose, well that's a different argument entirely.

It seems that you completely understand what's going on here, and you appear to be ok with it.

Some of us aren't.

No, I don't expect the Chiefs to just say "Well, we're not gonna win a championship this year, so we're gonna throw away the season and rebuild."

What I REALLY have a problem with is the fact that we've being doing this EXACT thing for nearly 2 decades and yet some fans are still buying this bullshit...

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
They brought in a kicker that just got beat out by a rookie.

ROFL
And he's getting a whole new opportunity to do something in KC. When you're at the NFL level, kicking is all about mental toughness, Medlock didn't have it.

hawkchief
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM

The Chiefs don't intend to build a thing. Cutting Medlock now does one thing - [U]APPEASE THE FANS

That's exactly right. Carl Peterson doesn't have the character to do what's right for the long term future of the team and give Medlock time to at least try and figure things out - in a down year, no less. He's too busy placating the lemming-like "FANS" that continue to fill his and Clark's pockets. Until the idiots willing to pay $200.00 to see Carl's circus stop filing into Camaro-head, we will continue to see personnel decisions made based upon short-term financial greed, and not long-term success on the field.

This is one of the most desperate, pathetic moves I've seen from Carl and Herm to date, and I can only hope it's a signal that Carl's regime is coming to a close.

The so-called "FANS" that Carl is trying to appease deserve the loser/laughingstock that is now the Chiefs team and organization.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
It seems that you completely understand what's going on here, and you appear to be ok with it.

Some of us aren't.

No, I don't expect the Chiefs to just say "Well, we're not gonna win a championship this year, so we're gonna throw away the season and rebuild."

What I REALLY have a problem with is the fact that we've being doing this EXACT thing for nearly 2 decades and yet some fans are still buying this bullshit...
Okay with it? No, I wouldn't say that. I just see reality, things aren't going to change by virtue of me complaining about it.

Cutting Medlock was the right move for what we're trying to do, and for that reason, I support it.

Do I support what we're trying to do overall? No, but again, that isn't the place for this argument.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Is 67% accuracy in the range of 30-39 yards acceptable? Because that is what Rayner's accuracy is from that range. And the sample size is larger.

hawkchief
09-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Okay with it? No, I wouldn't say that. I just see reality, things aren't going to change by virtue of me complaining about it.

Cutting Medlock was the right move for what we're trying to do, and for that reason, I support it.

Do I support what we're trying to do overall? No, but again, that isn't the place for this argument.

Just how is cutting the top kicker in last years' draft, after 1 fricking game, consistent with Carl's stated desire to get the team younger (what we're trying to do)?

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Just how is cutting the top kicker in last years' draft, after 1 fricking game, consistent with Carl's stated desire to get the team younger (what we're trying to do)?
Have you thought that maybe his "stated desire" isn't what he really wants? Does this look like a rebuilding team to you? Actions speak louder than words.

KC_Connection
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
And you do realize we're starting Damon Huard, and not Brodie Croyle at QB right? Carl's goal remains to win, even if it is a half-assed attempt at it.

Logical
09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
By Whitlock's account, Curl's influence with Herm is increasing, not decreasing.:banghead:

Logical
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Is 67% accuracy in the range of 30-39 yards acceptable? Because that is what Rayner's accuracy is from that range. And the sample size is larger.I am shocked they are picking up Rayner. I really thought it would be Carney and then maybe keep Medlock for Kickoffs and to improve his mechanics so we could eventually replace Carney with him.:(

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Too many people think like you - that they can't make a difference. And that's why Carl is still here.

And if this isn't the place for this argument, where is?

Or should we just shut up and live with it?

Silock
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Someone just said that 610 is reporting that Medlock didn't get cut.

If that's true, then who did?

Woodrow Call
09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Someone just said that 610 is reporting that Medlock didn't get cut.

If that's true, then who did?

Hopefully Boomer, probably one of the 3 the Chiefs just claimed.

Mecca
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Too many people think like you - that they can't make a difference. And that's why Carl is still here.

And if this isn't the place for this argument, where is?

Or should we just shut up and live with it?

We aren't real fans man because we don't jump around with homer hats on.

We should apparently just swallow their shit and be cool with it, that seems to be what most have gotten to.

Guru
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM

Shit, we have to get into field goal range against the defense first.

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Missing the kick vastly changed the momentum of the game yesterday. I'm not sure we would have won, considering all the fumbling and bumbling afterwards, but getting points out of that long drive and taking a lead would have provided some confidence to everybody. I'm very fine with getting rid of Medlock. If he can't make a 30 yard kick in that situation, he doesn't deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's a cut throat league, and it's that simple.Absolutely. If we are intent on running the Herm-bone to perfection, it is CRUCIAL, if not absolutely indispensable to have a top 10 NFL FG kicker.

KC Dan
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
All of these Medlock cut threads, Rayner signed.....

Someone please provide a link where this is official. I have seen it nowhere so this talk is stupid and a waste of time. The kid missed one fg - one.

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 05:38 PM
It's funny that everyone talks about herm being so run oriented but on a crucial 3 yard play yesterday we took a chance down the field and it was incomplete. Herm needs to do what he does not listen to the fans. PERIOD

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Just how is cutting the top kicker in last years' draft, after 1 fricking game, consistent with Carl's stated desire to get the team younger (what we're trying to do)?Because it pissed Herm off! It pissed me off. 15 play Herm-bone drive that results in a FG, you gotta be jumping up and down high fiving like you won the super bowl. Did you see the reaction on Herms face after that? That's the problem with the Herm-bone. You gotta have those precious field goals, next to time of possesion, they are the penultimate achievement in this offense. Conversely, it is as devastating to miss a FG as a pick 6 is in the old Air-Vermiel offense.

KC Dan
09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
ok, now I find a confirmation:

Chiefs | Rayner signed
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:21:16 -0700
Adam Teicher (http://www.kffl.com/link/143), of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have signed unrestricted free-agent PK Dave Rayner (http://www.kffl.com/player/11757/nfl) (Packers) to a two-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.
<HR>Chiefs | Medlock waived
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:17:48 -0700
Adam Teicher (http://www.kffl.com/link/143), of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have waived PK Justin Medlock (http://www.kffl.com/player/16412/nfl). The Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) plan to put Medlock on their practice squad if he clears waivers.

Calcountry
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
It's funny that everyone talks about herm being so run oriented but on a crucial 3 yard play yesterday we took a chance down the field and it was incomplete. Herm needs to do what he does not listen to the fans. PERIODIf he does indeed listen to the fans as you imply, then he sucks even worse than I think.

Mike and Mike on ESPN, "The most unimaginative offense in the NFL".

Translated, The Chiefs O sucks SUCKS SUCKS.

2 years ago, we had an ELITE offense. You are going to tell me that all hangs on Roafs retirement? If it does, then Carl should've been fired when Roaf retired and there was no replacement for him.

If I don't order the right inventory, WEEKS in advance, I don't get paid. It is simply inexcusable for NFL General Manager, to not be able to see the needs of this team YEARS in advance and have the personell ripening on the tree ready to pick when needed.

Carl is to blame for Roafs retirement and the collapse of our O. Carl is to blame for Medlock missing that 30 yard field goal. Carl is to blame, for not having a franchise QB here in KC for, what, his whole freaking tenure here?

The only time we have ever had a QB that could win games for us was Joe Montana. Period. The absolute best QB we have had since Lenny the cool. The sucky thing is, he was a has been when we got him. Probably the best has been ever in the NFL, but he was clearly past his prime here.

Great going Carl.

Thanks for the ride, but it is way past time for YOU to get the PFUGK off MY train.

OnTheWarpath58
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I literally just stepped in the door from the flight home, turn on the computer, and this is the first thread I see.....

:shake:

Interesting to me that Medlock is the scapegoat for a game that ended 20-3.

Did he miss a chip-shot? Sure.

Did he cost us the game? Hell no.

Medlock is gone, yet the guy Carl Peterson and Herm just HAD to have, Eddie Drummond, is still around.

Drummond fumbles the punt return, and the game changes completely.

I'm not saying Drummond single-handedly cost us the game - he didn't.

But if you're just gonna start cutting guys in Week 1 for poor performance, I can think of quite a few guys who's head should have been on the chopping block before Medlock's.

boogblaster
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Cutting the kicker was a good move if they keep him on practice squad to develop ...now they need to look at our starting QB real hard, have the Kid ready, that means taking snaps with the starting O every week..and bring in Sipp fast becauce our WRs need the help now..that said that game at Houston was piss-poor played,coached, and officiated ..plus Houston:s QB & Oline was better than expected....

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I literally just stepped in the door from the flight home, turn on the computer, and this is the first thread I see.....

:shake:

Interesting to me that Medlock is the scapegoat for a game that ended 20-3.

Did he miss a chip-shot? Sure.

Did he cost us the game? Hell no.

Medlock is gone, yet the guy Carl Peterson and Herm just HAD to have, Eddie Drummond, is still around.

Drummond fumbles the punt return, and the game changes completely.

I'm not saying Drummond single-handedly cost us the game - he didn't.

But if you're just gonna start cutting guys in Week 1 for poor performance, I can think of quite a few guys who's head should have been on the chopping block before Medlock's.

Oopsie...

Coach
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Jesus Christ.

I know for a fact that the Chiefs isn't going anywhere with Herman F**king Edwards and Damon F**king Turd on this team.

So if we're not going anywhere, then why the f**k the Chiefs aren't giving the young players a chance? Oh f**k me. Can't remember if it was Page or Pollard, but one of them got smoked by Andre Johnson. Should they been cut for that?

Or what about Bowe's 3 drops? Should he be cut too as well? What about Drummond fumble?

This organization is one f**ked up organization I ever seen in my entire life, behind the Chicago Cubs Organization.

OnTheWarpath58
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Oopsie...

What?

I've barely skimmed this thread and looked through the Bash thread.

If I'm missing something, save me the trouble and let me know.

:)

KC Dan
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Here comes Sippio:

Chiefs | Sippio may be signed to active roster
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:11:20 -0700
Adam Teicher (http://www.kffl.com/link/143), of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) may sign WR Bobby Sippio (http://www.kffl.com/player/10864/nfl) from their practice squad to their active roster for Week 2.

htismaqe
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
What?

I've barely skimmed this thread and looked through the Bash thread.

If I'm missing something, save me the trouble and let me know.

:)

You brought up the Drummond fumble. PERFECT example.

But of course, Drummond isn't a good scapegoat, not nearly as good as throwing the kicker under the bus.

OnTheWarpath58
09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
You brought up the Drummond fumble. PERFECT example.

But of course, Drummond isn't a good scapegoat, not nearly as good as throwing the kicker under the bus.

Ah, got it.

Thanks for the clarification. Last thing I want to do is go through 24 hours worth of meltdown threads. It was tough enough the first time, live and in person.

I have several questions, I'll try to get them answered in the Trip Report thread I start here in a bit.....