PDA

View Full Version : goin to chicago, Anyone?

tooge
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Some of my fellow tailgaters and I are headed to Chicago Thursday night. I am afraid this might be the first time I have attended a road game and not worn Chiefs gear. We picked Chicago because there is so much to do there and it is a fun town, but I am now sort of dreading going to the game, that is bad. Anyhow, anyone else going up there this weekend? If so, where are people hanging out on Friday and Saturday night?

crazycoffey
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought about going, then I went and took a dump instead of thinking about that anymore.

Good luck, you should still wear the red and gold with pride....

Sorry, I couldn't really say that....

Dartgod
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I'll be there, sporting the Red and Gold.

Not sure where we are hanging out, though I know we plan to eat at Gino's East on Saturday night (we get in Sat. afternoon).

tooge
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM

Not sure where we are hanging out, though I know we plan to eat at Gino's East on Saturday night (we get in Sat. afternoon).

I know we are gonna eat Pizza at Giarrdano's Friday afternoon, maybe saturday too. I may try to just find a good sports bar to watch college ball on Saturday. Last time we went to ESPN Sportzone, but it is way crowded, so I dont know this time. Then Chophouse for dinner Sat. night.

Bill Lundberg
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Going to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game on Saturday and the Chiefs vs. Bears game on Sunday!

Dartgod
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I know we are gonna eat Pizza at Giarrdano's Friday afternoon, maybe saturday too. I may try to just find a good sports bar to watch college ball on Saturday. Last time we went to ESPN Sportzone, but it is way crowded, so I dont know this time. Then Chophouse for dinner Sat. night.
Where is ESPN Sportzone? I'd like to find a place to watch the NU/USC game saturday night.

Simply Red
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Gino's? No love for Uno?

tooge
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Where is ESPN Sportzone? I'd like to find a place to watch the NU/USC game saturday night.

It is about a block off Michigan avenue, probably about 3 blocks south of the water tower on the west/south side of Michigan Ave. Right by Eddie Bauer (my wife shops when we go there).

Dartgod
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Gino's? No love for Uno?
I've only ever eaten at Gino's, and it would be hard for me to imagine a better pizza anywhere, although I've heard Giarrdano's is pretty good.

Not sure about Uno. Is that the same as the chain?

Dartgod
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
It is about a block off Michigan avenue, probably about 3 blocks south of the water tower on the west/south side of Michigan Ave. Right by Eddie Bauer (my wife shops when we go there).
Yeah, I just looked it up. It's not terribly far from our hotel.

Are you tailgating for the game?

Simply Red
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I've only ever eaten at Gino's, and it would be hard for me to imagine a better pizza anywhere, although I've heard Giarrdano's is pretty good.

Not sure about Uno. Is that the same as the chain?
Hmm, Didn't know they had a chain. The original UNO in Chicago was the one I was thinking. Side note: I miss Funhouse badly.

HonestChieffan
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Bears fans are class, wear the red, smile and enjoy it all

tooge
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Bears fans are class, wear the red, smile and enjoy it all

Ok, I will wear the red, I may just be sorta quiet. We will probably not tailgate pregame. We did that last time they chiefs played there tho.

Gonzo
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
On a cold and grey Chicago Morning...

ChiefsFanInIndy
09-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok, I will wear the red, I may just be sorta quiet. We will probably not tailgate pregame. We did that last time they chiefs played there tho.

I was there last year when Miami ruined the Bears winning streak. I saw a fair number of Dolphin fans in the area we were sitting and they were treated fine. Now they didn't act like idiots, but their team was blowing up the Bears undefeated streak, so I was very impressed by Bears fans not taking it out on them.

memyselfI
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Chicago is an awesome city. Don't let the upcoming crappy Chiefs performance ruin your time there.

Gino's East is overrated. When we were there last month they did a poll of Chicago natives and neither Gino's nor Giardino's were in the top 3. I can't remember the names of the ones that were but their pizza looked wonderful on TV.

We tried both of Gino's and Giardino's when we were there. The DH and kids like Ginos because of all the meat and sauce while I liked Giardinos because of the cheese and lack of sauce. None of us thought either place was 'all that.'

KC Dan
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Chicago is an awesome city. Don't let the upcoming crappy Chiefs performance ruin your time there.
you're a real piece of work........

memyselfI
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
you're a real piece of work........

I take it you didn't watch the game yesterday. ROFL

CoMoChief
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I'll be there Sat night with a friend of mine. Anyone have any ideas on anywhere to meet up to have a beer PM or just reply to this hell I dont care. I am looking forward to metting some of you if someone wants to meetup before a game. Perhaps someone is actually driving and tailgating etc.