PDA

View Full Version : OK guy, What is a safe method of losing 2lbs real fast....

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Not for me, no one would notice.

It's for my grandson,it's his 1st year in football. At his age level he is head and shoulders faster than any kid out there. They have a weight limit for QB's, WR's and RB's. The weight limit is 88lbs, he weighs 90lbs.

They have a weigh in each week on Thursday nights and before each game.

Problem is he is fit and trim, you can't find body fat anywhere.

What can be done to lose 2 lbs without losing alot of body fluids before a game ?

Anybody been thru this before with their kids ? I know wrestlers have to lose a few pounds before high school matches, Hoe do they do it ?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
laxatives.

runnercyclist
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Don't.

Demonpenz
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I would let a kid play football before high school and I would try to call his doctor to make sure whatever you try is safe. I wouldn't want to stunt his growth or take any risks for a game this young

JBucc
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Cut off his toes, ears, nose, toungue, and pull out his teeth. He'll still have his arms legs and eyes and that's all you need to play football.

Bob Dole
09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
He should be able to sweat off 2 pounds of water weight in an hour.

Fruit Ninja
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
My nephews had to lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. He made it easy. His dad just made him run his ass off. lol

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
i had to do it for wrestling ..... it's not pleasant

to lose weight that fast it has to be water weight

no eating or drinking the day of the weigh-in(after awhile you will figure how many hours to fast is necessary)

also need to sweat alot by going into a steam room and/or doing aerobic exercises with heavy clothing on .

then right after weigh-in you eat and drink your ass off to hydrate for the game.

it sucks

cdcox
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Since he is growing, it will get harder and harder each week.

Wrestlers cut weight by losing fluids. Not a good idea before a football game.

Just isn't worth it.

Sully
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Bad idea.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM

I was thinking of him not drinking for 2 hours before and hitting a long hot shower before time to go........

cdcox
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I was thinking of him not drinking for 2 hours before and hitting a long hot shower before time to go........

He'll have to lose over a quart of water. That won't do it.

Phobia
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
There are parts of the body we can generally do without, the gall bladder, tonsils, ears, pinkies, part of your intestines, etc. You could begin by randomly removing these pieces until you've reached 32 ozs. He could also weigh in naked.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Find a bathroom, put a space heater on and where a ton of winter clothes and jog in place. Saw my cousin do lots of time for wrestling.

Phobia
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
If he's that much bigger than all the other kids, chances are he's gonna be bigger when he's older. Why don't you just let him dominate on the line? A quality Left Tackle makes almost as much as the skill positions anyway.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
That is very easy, just eat a few apples.

Valiant
09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
If he really wants to play that badly at those positions..

Give him a test to see if he can do it..

Have him play some basketball for a hour or two where he sweats.. If that is not enough, how much hair does he have??? Also make sure he poops before weigh in...

Don't do anything to severe on sweating off the weight..

Mr. Laz
09-10-2007, 09:33 PM
If he really wants to play that badly at those positions..

Give him a test to see if he can do it..

Have him play some basketball for a hour or two where he sweats.. If that is not enough, how much hair does he have??? Also make sure he poops before weigh in...

Don't do anything to severe on sweating off the weight..
agreed ... a trial run would be mandatory.

weigh him

stop fluid/food intake

put a sweatshirt and sweat pants on him and start him working out.

weigh him again every hour to see how many hours it take to lose the 2lbs.

Bob Dole
09-10-2007, 09:34 PM
He'll have to lose over a quart of water. That won't do it.
Bob Dole can drop 6 pounds in an hour playing racquetball.

Of course, the kid probably doesn't have as much fluid retained as Bob Dole...

allen_kcCard
09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
That sounds rediculous...what is he in middle school at that weight? Why in the hell would they make standards like that for kids that young?

For a second I thought maybe so that they wouldn't hurt the other kids being a lot bigger and crushing them, but that sounds odd for the WR position.

If they are going to be a pain about it, show him some defensive highlight films, get him into a slathering defensive frenzy and pop those other 80lbs squirts into cheerleading.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Have him take a Phobia quality, American Standard clogging dump before weigh in. That should do it.

Dicky McElephant
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't.

Best advice on here.

Saulbadguy
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
A Roy? My guess is you could safely remove 2 pounds of brain matter. I doubt he will be using it in the future anyways.

Dartgod
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
You guys suck.

The obvious answer is a bowl of antifreeze.

tommykat
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM

It's for my grandson,it's his 1st year in football. At his age level he is head and shoulders faster than any kid out there. They have a weight limit for QB's, WR's and RB's. The weight limit is 88lbs, he weighs 90lbs.

What can be done to lose 2 lbs without losing alot of body fluids before a game ?

Anybody been thru this before with their kids ? I know wrestlers have to lose a few pounds before high school matches, Hoe do they do it ?

He's a kid..........you sound like all the people that want to be thin..Honestly, he is just a kid, he will work it off or not. Let him be a child while he can...:clap:

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
EAT A LOT OF BRAN

Phobia
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
You guys suck.

The obvious answer is a bowl of antifreeze.

Lzen and Bugeater disagree.

88TG88
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Have him take a Phobia quality, American Standard clogging dump before weigh in. That should do it.
ROFL loads of tomatoes oughta do the trick

Simply Red
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Absolutely no sugar and lots O water. Or Dartgod's option.

KC Kings
09-10-2007, 10:14 PM

How old is he? Cutting weightis not healthy for anybody, especially not younger kids. If he is fit a trim, then making weight is going to be an issue every week for him. There is nothing more unpleasant in a wrestlers life than cuttoing weight, and I can't imagine that it would be any better for a football player.

No offense to your kids, but this is really the fault of the parents for not knowing the rules before hand. Not everybody matures at the same rate, and the reason why they make weight limits is to keep the kids from getting hurt and to keep the games competitive.

If it were my son and he were heads and shoulders faster than everyone on the field and bigger, I would play him up a class and let him play with kids on his own level.

If you still insist on cutting 2 pounds, take him to McDonalds and get him 2 pancakes and a cup of black coffee. Twenty minutes later send him to the bathroom with the sports page and he will come out 5 pounds lighter.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I played 5th/6th grade football and they had a weight limit of 100 lbs for ball carriers. So I'm guessing we are talking about a 4th grader here. Some of the guys over 130 lbs would try to make weight for wrestling in jr high. We are talking about 40 lbs and 5 years difference. It's just not worth it at that age.

Valiant
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
How old is he? Cutting weightis not healthy for anybody, especially not younger kids. If he is fit a trim, then making weight is going to be an issue every week for him. There is nothing more unpleasant in a wrestlers life than cuttoing weight, and I can't imagine that it would be any better for a football player.

No offense to your kids, but this is really the fault of the parents for not knowing the rules before hand. Not everybody matures at the same rate, and the reason why they make weight limits is to keep the kids from getting hurt and to keep the games competitive.

If it were my son and he were heads and shoulders faster than everyone on the field and bigger, I would play him up a class and let him play with kids on his own level.

If you still insist on cutting 2 pounds, take him to McDonalds and get him 2 pancakes and a cup of black coffee. Twenty minutes later send him to the bathroom with the sports page and he will come out 5 pounds lighter.

We are talking 2 lbs not 10 here... Two lbs should be able to be done safely..

listopencil
09-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Pure cranberry juice will stabilize the water level in his body to give you a good benchmark and eliminate excess safely. Give him some and see if that helps. Stay away from salt and salty foods! Also soda!. Salt causes your body to store water. Soda can too. If his weigh in is late enough in the day let him run around first. Two pounds is nothing. You have until Thursday, don't start freaking out. The stress is bad for him and he'll pick up on it.

Adept Havelock
09-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Don't.

Yep. Not worth it at that age. JMO.

ptlyon
09-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey, a head is 5 #'s ain't it?

Seriously, running in a pool will drop weight. But I don't recommed it for a kid. If you don't have to make a weight, don't.

ptlyon
09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Soda can too.

It's Pop Bitch.

Bwana
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Easily

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
In all fairness, I think 1 1/2 pounds willget him in the range.

I have no desire to take any major chances with this kid, he has a ton of athletic ability. They have him as a LT now because of the weight restriction. On defense, they use him as a safety to stop any plays or run down anybody that gets free.

Saturday, he ran down 5 guys that broke open for TD runs, problem was he is faster than any kid out there. He is also the tallest kid with the longest legs.

Tonight in practice, it was my 1st time at practice to help with the kids, I asked the rules on the weight. I told them to let him run with it, 1st play he broke one for a TD. There are kids bigger than him on the line,not anybody that can react to his speed and elusiveness.

No pills, no diets, he has no fat to lose, maybe just a little fluids. The problem I have is not letting him get dehydrated during a game after weigh ins......

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I cut A LOT of weight as a HS Wrestler.

Its not that hard to cut a couple of pounds off(except those last 2 when you're going too low and out of extra water)....

In this case, you're talking about a growing Boy.....a BOY, who is PLAYING football.

Don't screw with his diet and stomoch if he's healthy. He'll be cutting weight all season and that is just retarded at that age level for a healthy kid.

Put him on the Oline, let him play Rich Scanlon on Defense and give the boy all the food and water his growing body needs.

in other words...DON'T.

ptlyon
09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
I cut A LOT of weight as a HS Wrestler.

Its not that hard to cut a couple of pounds off(except those last 2 when you're going too low and out of extra water)....

In this case, you're talking about a growing Boy.....a BOY, who is PLAYING football.

Don't screw with his diet and stomoch if he's healthy. He'll be cutting weight all season and that is just retarded at that age level for a healthy kid.

Put him on the Oline, let him play Rich Scanlon on Defense and give the boy all the food and water his growing body needs.

in other words...DON'T.

Whaever, skinny...

cdcox
09-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Asking a tall, lanky 90 lb 10 year old to lose a couple pounds is like asking Mary Kate Olsen to lose a couple pounds.

ptlyon
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Asking a tall, lanky 90 lb 10 year old to lose a couple pounds is like asking Mary Kate Olsen to lose a couple pounds.

I'd ask her to do something else

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 10:56 PM
This Kid is like Ptlyon and needs to lose 2lbs......

I'd just ask him to take out his chaw....

Guru
09-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Take a dump before every game.

ptlyon
09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
This Kid is like Ptlyon and needs to lose 2lbs......

I'd just ask him to take out his chaw....

a) I need to lose more than that.

b) You don't like chew/spit landing on you?

Silock
09-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Laxatives and diuretics. I imagine with both he'd lose a good 5 pounds of water weight easily.

listopencil
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
It's Pop Bitch.

Not where I'm from dumbass.

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=290017

Buck
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I think the no carb diet works pretty well.

Cochise
09-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd just go take a dump.

listopencil
09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
A gallon of water equals something like 8.33 pounds.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Seriously, a good bowel movement, a little loss of fluid and he is under the limit.

You people act like I want him to go on a crash diet, taking supplements to alter his growth. Get over it, it's nothing like that......

This kid is going to shine at any level he plays if he stays focused. If he doesn't run at this level, so what, he has his whole life ahead of him to do so.

I know they are leting a kid play at 88 3/4 lbs....... I don't think it is going to be that tough to lose 1 1/2 - 2 pounds of fluids before weigh ins.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Have him eat about a 1/4 pound of almonds the night before, that will crap out a couple of pounds.......

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Whatever you say III.

cdcox
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Seriously, a good bowel movement, a little loss of fluid and he is under the limit.

You people act like I want him to go on a crash diet, taking supplements to alter his growth. Get over it, it's nothing like that......

This kid is going to shine at any level he plays if he stays focused. If he doesn't run at this level, so what, he has his whole life ahead of him to do so.

I know they are leting a kid play at 88 3/4 lbs....... I don't think it is going to be that tough to lose 1 1/2 - 2 pounds of fluids before weigh ins.

Thing is Roy, if you let him eat he'd probably put on a couple of pounds over the season. Now you're asking him to drop 4 lbs to make weight. Take your own advice, he has whole life in front of him to play RB.

Phobia
09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
This kid is going to shine at any level he plays if he stays focused.
That's what people used to say about Scanlon.

eazyb81
09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Why don't you just have him play on the line? Believe it or not, there's a reason why they don't want the huge kids running the ball every down.

Instead of trying to skirt the rules, let the kid pave running lanes for the other kids. If he's as good as you say he is, he will have plenty of opportunities in the future to be a playmaker.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Thing is Roy, if you let him eat he'd probably put on a couple of pounds over the season. Now you're asking him to drop 4 lbs to make weight. Take your own advice, he has whole life in front of him to play RB.

You guys are really taking this too far. I was asking if there was a safe method of doing so. I know high school wrestlers do it, I just don't know how and what the results are.

I won't lose a minute of sleep if he doesn't get to play HB this year. Seriously, he has the next level to play in.

Next year he will be too heavy to do so...... so he has 2 years of not playing HB before going to the next level.

But time is on his side, I can work with him during this time ...... all is not lost if he doesn't run the ball this year.

PastorMikH
09-10-2007, 11:26 PM
IMO, unless he's chubby, I'd let him grow and let the coach deal with where he plays him. Start trying to keep him at a lesser weight and mess up a growth spurt and he'll be hindered from now on.

We had a kid in our youth group a year or two back that ended up in ER with a pretty serious seizure because he wasn't eathing trying to keep his wrestling weight down. Instead of teaching the kid proper nutrition/excersise habits, he was pushed to lose weight at any cost.

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
You asked for a "Safe method" for a child to "Lose 2 pounds quickly"...

I'm telling you there isn't one.

You're going to do whatever you want anyway.....

If the KID wants to lose weight, he'll figure it out on his own, without grandpa dragging him behind the Appledumplinggangmobile.

Just let the boy play his weight, follow the rules and have FUN.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey, a head is 5 #'s ain't it?

Seriously, running in a pool will drop weight. But I don't recommed it for a kid. If you don't have to make a weight, don't.
Well, you totally ruined that joke dummy. It's "Want to lose ten pounds of ugly fat?" Cut off your head.

Phobia
09-10-2007, 11:30 PM
If you really, really want to have him lose 2 lbs, just rig his room with a hidden camera and a remotely detonating M80. The next time he's performing cardio with his right hand, set off the M80 just before he's about to moisturize the sock.

ROYC75
09-10-2007, 11:32 PM
You asked for a "Safe method" for a child to "Lose 2 pounds quickly"...

I'm telling you there isn't one.

You're going to do whatever you want anyway.....

If the KID wants to lose weight, he'll figure it out on his own, without grandpa dragging him behind the Appledumplinggangmobile.

Just let the boy play his weight, follow the rules and have FUN.

That's were yur wrong partner, I said I not going to do anything to damage his life .

I was just asking....... Damn, I got all kinds of responses.........good, bad, smart ass answers, I got it all.

Night guys....... I'm off to bed.

Skip Towne
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Make sure to pick the boogers out of his nose and pop all the pimples.

listopencil
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
BTW, it's weird for to hear that his football program has different weight limits for different positions. My son's and daughter's teams have a weight limit for each level of play.
My son was always fine. His birthday is OCT 29 and the "league age" cutoff is SEP 1 so he's "ten" right now even though he doesn't turn ten until later this year.
My daughter had to really watch herself to make weight. Some times she would be a pound or so over when she woke up but she always made it just by running around before weigh in.
They have both moved up and my son has fifteen pounds to spare, my daughter ten.

Iowanian
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM

?

These are your words Roy....."he doesn't have any body fat"..."how can he lose 2lbs without dehydrating before a game".

He CAN'T.

Do you know how I lost weight as a wrestler, cutting those last 2lbs off before a weigh in? You haven't taken a piss for a day and a half, haven't had enough food to need a dump for 3-4.....

You put plastics on under 3-4 shirts and a sweats....you warm up....you jump rope in a steam room, you do bear crawls and sprints.....once you get so hot you get a headache......you roll up a mat and crawl inside.....or sit over a heat vent and have a friend pile some blankets and coats on....when the sweat stops......do it again. He can cut a 1/4lb by butching his hair......while weighing in in his jock strap.....have him stand on his head for a couple of minutes, because it'll give him 1/4lb if he gets on the scale within 30 seconds, before the blood comes back to his body.

When its cold outside......have him sleep in just his underwear....with only a sheet. He'll shiver off more weight than he'll sweat off wearing alot of clothes to bed....and he won't be able to sleep in plastics.

Do I recommend that? hell no.

He can't lose "fat" quickly....and if he doesn't have it, the only thing there is for him to lose is water weight.

He'll cramp up, because he's dehydrated, and won't be at full strength anyway.

Just give the kid a healthy breakfast and let him play ball.

Ari Chi3fs
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
This sounds selfish.

RustShack
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Don't eat much, throw up then drink a little water, run run run, spit a lot, have one foot on the edge of the scale so you seem just a little lighter, stuff like that.

boogblaster
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Laxative will work or a body flush ...

RustShack
09-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Cut his hair, shave his body, trim his nails, wear extreamly light or no shoes, light clothing, IDK I'm out of ideas!

Silock
09-11-2007, 12:58 AM
have him stand on his head for a couple of minutes, because it'll give him 1/4lb if he gets on the scale within 30 seconds, before the blood comes back to his body.

I LOL'd!

Logical
09-11-2007, 12:58 AM

Wrestlers sweat it off, but risk dehydration when competing in their event. Tough call.

mylittlepony
09-11-2007, 02:32 AM
I havnt cut any weight as a kid only as an teenager-adult (155->130 where the last 12lbs was water weight), and I probably wouldnt as a kid though. But if your still insisting on it the one thing making dehydration alot easier is Albolene makeup remover (avaiable in drugstores over there I believe). It opens up the pores and makes you sweat alot more, rubbing that on your body and getting on the stationary bike for 30 minutes is a quick way of getting alot of fluid out of you.

the Talking Can
09-11-2007, 06:36 AM
take a dump

cdcox
09-11-2007, 06:53 AM
The average adult daily poop production in the Western world is only about 1/4 of a pound.

http://tinyurl.com/2h3bzb

the Talking Can
09-11-2007, 06:55 AM
The average adult daily poop production in the Western world is only about 1/4 of a pound.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=1333426&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

I should clarify:

take a manly dump

cdcox
09-11-2007, 07:02 AM
I should clarify:

take a manly dump

Perhaps you mean an Iranian manly dump. Their average poop production equals almost a lb per day.

http://www.ams.ac.ir/aim/0034/asl0034.html

Simply Red
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
It's Pop Bitch.
WTF is "pop"?

chop
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I had the same problem when I was a kid. The coach made me run and spit a lot. You laugh but it worked. I was always able to make weight. I had to strip down to nothing a couple of times but I was able to make weight.

tmax63
09-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Quickest way to take the fun out of football for him is to ask him to do something that isn't any fun to be able to play. Having to watch your weight and cutting weight for weigh-ins isn't fun. Go ahead and and let/make him cut weight now to play and wonder why he isn't playing come high school and he'll tell you it wasn't any fun. Let the kid play where ever now. There's nothing wrong with learning to play the line positions now and progressing to his best position as time goes on.

Iowanian
09-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Perhaps you mean an Iranian manly dump. Their average poop production equals almost a lb per day.

http://www.ams.ac.ir/aim/0034/asl0034.html

As if I needed any additional proof other than Frankie and Dense to know Iranians were Full of Shit....and now, its proven scientifically.

Silock....as silly as the standing on the head thing sounds.....it really does work.

Iowanian
09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Quickest way to take the fun out of football for him is to ask him to do something that isn't any fun to be able to play. Having to watch your weight and cutting weight for weigh-ins isn't fun. Go ahead and and let/make him cut weight now to play and wonder why he isn't playing come high school and he'll tell you it wasn't any fun. Let the kid play where ever now. There's nothing wrong with learning to play the line positions now and progressing to his best position as time goes on.

I agree with that.....I've seen it alot with kids that were great peewee wrestlers with pushy dads.

I also speculate that being a Lineman now, might actually HELP him as a runner when he's older, as he's more likely to understand whats happening in front of him....just a theory of course.

Braincase
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Tie a bunch of helium balloons to his ass.

Iowanian
09-11-2007, 08:28 AM
If he was 12, I'd suggest giving him the links to III's pRon collection on your PC, a quart of lube and an hour alone.

ROYC75
09-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Tie a bunch of helium balloons to his ass.

ROFL I liked this one..........

I understand the concerns you guys have here, really I do. Again, it's no big deal to me if he runs HB this year or not, I know he won't next year cause he will still be in the same class. So he gets 2 years playing the OL . The kid is wanting to play HB this year so bad, so I asked my friends here since I never wrestled but knew they did some things I wasn't aware of to do. I'm just exploring the possibilities for him .......

Dehydration is my main concern here with him .......

ROYC75
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
If he was 12, I'd suggest giving him the links to III's pRon collection on your PC, a quart of lube and an hour alone.

This kid already has the eyes a wondering and has that boyish grin when he see's a nice rack .........

Hailchief
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Don't feed him..that would work

ROYC75
09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Don't feed him..that would work

Ha Ha, he doesn't eat much now, reason he has no fat, just long legged and cat like quickness .........

BIG_DADDY
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Size limitations? WTF is that? 2 pounds is easy he just needs to sweat it out and then drink water. It's not like he needs to lose 10. Then again he's growing and it will get harder and harder. Put him on the line.

Extra Point
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Don't f*** with your grandkid's health by trying him to get under the weight limit.

StcChief
09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
this could be Weekly event. Not sure it's a good idea.

phobia's skidmark
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I will put a call in to my people. Just have him repeat: "let my people go" 1,000 times and drink a quart of prune juice, then take him far away into the woods without a toilet and toilet paper. My people will visit him then in force and he will be okay for the game.