PDA

View Full Version : COLT BRENNAN PLEASE

Knob
09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Not Brohm. Colt has the leadership and attitude skills superior to Brohm. Colt also has a cannon for an arm. Brohm is gonna be everyone's media choice but please let Colt fall in the Chiefs lap. Is it just me or is everyone on the Brohm jockstrap currently? Any chiefs supporters out there like Colt or what? :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
You know who I really like...Timmy Chang. That guy will be a great NFL QB.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
David Klinger was an awesome NFL QB as well.

Knob
I would also love for the Chiefs to go after Chase daniels with all of those damn draft picks we might get a chance at him too. Then we could dump Huard and Croyle can be 3rd string. My dream draft would be to get Colt and then Chase both as Chiefs. :drool:

Phobia
I'd kinda like to see what our current development project can do.

pikesome
09-10-2007, 11:14 PM

I don't think that's a fair comparison but I'm going to stop far short of riding the Brennan-wagon currently.

Woodrow Call
I'd take Woodson

Knob

Who the F**k is Chang. Are you serious? ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
I hate the Indianapolis Colts.

Basileus777
Drafting a run and shoot qb with Herm Edwards as our coach would be gold.

ChiefsCountry
I would also love for the Chiefs to go after Chase daniels with all of those damn draft picks we might get a chance at him too. Then we could dump Huard and Croyle can be 3rd string. My dream draft would be to get Colt and then Chase both as Chiefs. :drool:

Man somebody has love for the spread quarterbacks.

evolve27
09-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm all about the Booty.

Reaper16
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Who the F**k is Chang. Are you serious? ROFL
More like are YOU serious?

Mile High Mania
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Why would Herm want a QB that is used to passing?

tk13
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Heck, let's hire June Jones. Jerry Glanville could be our defensive coordinator!

Knob
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I'd kinda like to see what our current development project can do.

Croyle will have his shot. Im guessing 0-6 and he will be thrown in to the wolves this year. As long as Herm has solari running the offense Croyle has no chance in hell to prosper. Herm and Carl are probably at the end of their roads with the Chiefs. I bet they will both be gone after next year. Croyle just gets caught in a bad situation being with the Herm years. Too bad D.V. / saunders offense wasn't around for Croyle to play in. Who knows?

BWillie
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
You guys really think having a different Quarterback is going to make us that much better?

Knob
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
More like are YOU serious?

No I'm serious. Who is he/plays for? I guess I need to look him up?

Reaper16
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
You guys really think having a different Quarterback is going to make us that much better?
If you, by different, mean "better," then yes, I do.

Knob
09-10-2007, 11:23 PM

Uh John Elway, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Brady. YES!

If you land a Manning type guy, your set for years of being competitive. They are one in million but you never know?

ChiefsCountry

He was the QB at Hawaii before Colt.

HolmeZz
Colt Brennan is a punk and he throws like a bitch.

Knob
09-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Colt Brennan is a punk and he throws like a bitch.

Explanation?

RustShack
09-10-2007, 11:27 PM
I like Brodie Croyle, he has an arm and leadership skills.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm really not sold on any QB next year...if we are in the market for a QB in '08, I have a feeling we be f*cked.

'08 will be the year of the LT.

kcchiefsus
09-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Everybody complains about Croyle being too small to be an NFL quarterback. So why in the hell would we draft a guy who nfldraftcountdown.com lists as 190 pounds?

Nope, I really don't feel like drafting a QB who comes from a system that has a history of not producing NFL caliber quarterbacks.

RustShack
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Why waste a pick on a QB? We already have Croyle and we have other needs. Everyone complains that we can't put in Croyle because the offense isn't good enough yet and will ruin him, but you want to draft another QB to "ruin"? Bullshit... Start Croyle!

88TG88
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm all about the Booty.
chea

Basileus777
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm really not sold on any QB next year...if we are in the market for a QB in '08, I have a feeling we be f*cked.

'08 will be the year of the LT.

This years class doesn't have prospects with crazy upside, but the 09 qb class will be even worse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2007, 11:43 PM
This years class doesn't have prospects with crazy upside, but the 09 qb class will be even worse.

Ultimately, the long term future of this franchise rests on the narrow shoulders of a one John B. Croyle.

HolmeZz
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Explanation?

He drops down and throws most of his passes sidearm. You can't do that shit in the NFL, particularly when you're not very tall. He also plays in a wide open offense and almost never goes through his receiver progressions. He locks in on a guy before the play and rarely comes off of him. Most of his stats are more due to either wide open receivers or receivers making good plays after the catch; moreso than they are of Brennan making good NFL-type throws. He wouldn't get away with a majority of his completions at the next level. His mobility is one of the few positives I see in his game, but he wouldn't last long in the NFL playing at under 200 lbs. One good hit and he'd be broken in half.

kcchiefsus
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Ultimately, the long term future of this franchise rests on the narrow shoulders of a one John B. Croyle.

Brennan's shoulders and entire body are even more narrow.

KurtCobain
09-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Shit yesh.

CHENZ A!
09-11-2007, 02:15 AM
we need someone who can run the option

beer bacon
09-11-2007, 03:03 AM

I love Mizzou football and Chase is a great QB, but he is also like four feet tall.

chagrin
09-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Heck, let's hire June Jones. Jerry Glanville could be our defensive coordinator!

Even better, the master of the run and shoot - Mouse Davis, Glanville would be the D coordinator and June will be the O coach, lol!

kepp
09-11-2007, 06:44 AM
No, no, no...we won't draft a QB next year. We'll wait for two or three years until Croyle is fully non-developed as our QBOTF and becomes the next Huard. Rinse, repeat.

HonestChieffan
09-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Quarterbacks are overrated. We should dump that position and use the money for better decoartions on the I70 side of the satdium.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Not Brohm. Colt has the leadership and attitude skills superior to Brohm. Colt also has a cannon for an arm. Brohm is gonna be everyone's media choice but please let Colt fall in the Chiefs lap. Is it just me or is everyone on the Brohm jockstrap currently? Any chiefs supporters out there like Colt or what? :)
You're such a knob.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
No Run and Shoot inflated stats QB's please. Thank You.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 07:31 AM
This weekend doesn't Louisville play Kentucky?

If so, those are the top 2-3 QB prospects facing off.

Chief Chief
09-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Did somebody say "Colt Griffin" ??

HonestChieffan
09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Colt 45

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Why waste a pick on a QB? We already have Croyle and we have other needs. Everyone complains that we can't put in Croyle because the offense isn't good enough yet and will ruin him, but you want to draft another QB to "ruin"? Bullshit... Start Croyle!

Yes start Croyle so we can finally end this pipe dream that Croyle is actually an NFL caliber QB.

Start Croyle for the rest of the season so every can see what a pathetic QB he is. Plus it will help achieve the goals of forcing Clark Hunt to make major changes (2-14 and a half empty Arrowhead should do the trick) and forcing the Chiefs to draft Brohm at the top of the draft in 2008.

Coogs
09-11-2007, 07:56 AM

Yep! Saturday night. It is on TV as well. Not sure which station , but I am thinking ESPN2 at around 7:00 PM Central. I will let you kno later in the week.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Yep! Saturday night. It is on TV as well. Not sure which station , but I am thinking ESPN2 at around 7:00 PM Central. I will let you kno later in the week.

Thank you Mr. Coogs. You are the official Brian Brohm ambassador to the Chiefs Planet. BB info 24-7.

My understanding is that the kid from Kentucky is pretty darn good. Bet the house on the over on this game.

John_Wayne
09-11-2007, 08:04 AM
We need to keep Brodie, if only for his wife.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Most passing yards NCAA history.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Brohm is the better prospect because he has played for most of his career at Louisville in Bobby Petrino's pro-style offense.

When I saw Brohm tear up Miami's defense last year (a defense that has as close to NFL talent as any defense in college) I knew he would be a star QB in the NFL one day.

RustShack
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
ooo a pro style offense, like Brodie Croyle's right?

Spicy McHaggis
09-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd rather have Sam Baker or Jake Long.

Pushead2
09-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Vick please

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2007, 09:30 AM
When I saw Brohm tear up Miami's defense last year (a defense that has as close to NFL talent as any defense in college) I knew he would be a star QB in the NFL one day.

Yeah Oklahoma sure had no problem tearing it up either.

HolmeZz
09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Brohm is the better prospect because he has played for most of his career at Louisville in Bobby Petrino's pro-style offense.

He played one half and got injured. Hunter Cantwell then came in and tore up the Hurricane defense. Had more to do with the fact that Miami sucked.

kcchiefsus
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Yes start Croyle so we can finally end this pipe dream that Croyle is actually an NFL caliber QB.

Start Croyle for the rest of the season so every can see what a pathetic QB he is. Plus it will help achieve the goals of forcing Clark Hunt to make major changes (2-14 and a half empty Arrowhead should do the trick) and forcing the Chiefs to draft Brohm at the top of the draft in 2008.

I love how you already know Croyle will amount to nothing.

Hell, as a fan of the Chiefs wouldn't you at least have hope that Croyle develops?

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM
ooo a pro style offense, like Brodie Croyle's right?

Brohm actually has physical talent unlike Croyle.

And Croyle played in a Mike Shula offense that required him to hand the ball off 95% of the time which only qualifies him to play for Herm's garbage offense

HolmeZz
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Croyle has a bigger arm than Brohm. Brohm knows when and where to throw the ball, Croyle doesn't.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
I love how you already know Croyle will amount to nothing.

Hell, as a fan of the Chiefs wouldn't you at least have hope that Croyle develops?

That would be hoping for the impossible.

Brodie Croyle isn't an NFL claiber QB. Let's just accept this and move on already.

Coogs
09-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Thank you Mr. Coogs. You are the official Brian Brohm ambassador to the Chiefs Planet. BB info 24-7.

My understanding is that the kid from Kentucky is pretty darn good. Bet the house on the over on this game.

To be honest with you, I have not seen Brohm play that much. My daughter is in Jr. High, and has volleyball matches on Thursday nights. I just know he is the top rated QB, and had he came out this draft, he may have been selected before Russell.

And, maybe the Chiefs will actually wind up around 8-8 give or take a game, and not be in the hunt for Brohm.

And maybe Croyle is the QBOTF that some here... including me.... hoped he would be going into this season. Who knows, he may still be.

BUT... if we are going to suck as bad as all of the media experts (some of whom are former NFL players) say, then we will be in the derby for Brohm with a few other teams.

And yes, while it is true we do need quite a few other positions upgraded on this team, a huge decision on who the future QB of this team is going to be may have to be made prior to and on draft day next spring.

Huard is not the future. He is the present. He is also a journeyman with limited skills that Croyle could not unseat, regardless of what plays were called, who was in (Svitek) or not in (LJ)the lineup for Croyle, how bad the O-line was, or what ever excuse needs to be inserted here.

I have been through the 70's and 80's with the Chiefs, and this team is starting to take on some of the same characteristics of those team.

Brohm vs Croyle.... could be the call that will tell that tale on where we wind up. Moving forward or going back in time.

I'll keep posting Brohm's TV appearances so everyone can get a chance to see for theirselves what he brings to the table.

Coogs
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Louisville vs Kentucky...

Saturday September 15th on ESPN Classic/ ESPN 360 at 6:30 PM Central time.

Knob
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
To be honest with you, I have not seen Brohm play that much. My daughter is in Jr. High, and has volleyball matches on Thursday nights. I just know he is the top rated QB, and had he came out this draft, he may have been selected before Russell.

And, maybe the Chiefs will actually wind up around 8-8 give or take a game, and not be in the hunt for Brohm.

And maybe Croyle is the QBOTF that some here... including me.... hoped he would be going into this season. Who knows, he may still be.

BUT... if we are going to suck as bad as all of the media experts (some of whom are former NFL players) say, then we will be in the derby for Brohm with a few other teams.

And yes, while it is true we do need quite a few other positions upgraded on this team, a huge decision on who the future QB of this team is going to be may have to be made prior to and on draft day next spring.

Huard is not the future. He is the present. He is also a journeyman with limited skills that Croyle could not unseat, regardless of what plays were called, who was in (Svitek) or not in (LJ)the lineup for Croyle, how bad the O-line was, or what ever excuse needs to be inserted here.

I have been through the 70's and 80's with the Chiefs, and this team is starting to take on some of the same characteristics of those team.

Brohm vs Croyle.... could be the call that will tell that tale on where we wind up. Moving forward or going back in time.

I'll keep posting Brohm's TV appearances so everyone can get a chance to see for theirselves what he brings to the table.

Good Post :clap:

KC kid
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Brennan has no arm and is a total system QB. He won't be a first round pick. Bank that, idiot.

Answer is BRIAN BROHM

Stryker
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Shit yesh.

ROFL

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I think a lot of coaches are going to hate his mechanics. He gets rid of the ball quickly but has an odd sidearm type release.

Coogs
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I think a lot of coaches are going to hate his mechanics. He gets rid of the ball quickly but has an odd sidearm type release.

Which one? Brohm or Brennan

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Which one? Brohm or Brennan
Brennan

Coogs
09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Brennan

:thumb: Thanks!

splatbass
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM

I live in Hawaii so I've seen both QBs play a lot. Brennan is a lot better than Chang was. Brennan has what it takes to be an NFL QB.

tk13
09-11-2007, 12:43 PM

And Croyle played in a Mike Shula offense that required him to hand the ball off 95% of the time which only qualifies him to play for Herm's garbage offense
Brodie has an immense amount of physical talent, that's definitely not his problem. It's totally mental.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I wonder how much Chad Henne's stock has dropped the last few weeks?

88TG88
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I wonder how much Chad Henne's stock has dropped the last few weeks?
It's dropped because he sucks balls.

Inspector
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM

I still have a couple of his comedy albums he did with Cheech Marin. Always loved Cheech and Chang.

kcchiefsus
09-11-2007, 02:03 PM

Have you seen Croyle's arm? Physical talent is NOT where Croyle is lacking. Croyle is already more physically talented than Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, etc.. The area where Croyle is currently lacking is the mental aspect.

kcchiefsus
09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
That would be hoping for the impossible.

Brodie Croyle isn't an NFL claiber QB. Let's just accept this and move on already.

And I would love to know why you think that.

Valiant
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
If Herm is the coach next year we are not drafting a QB.. There is no need of a good QB who can throw the ball downfield in this type of offense.. Real football folks, not that pansy Arena shit..

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Brennan plays at Hawaii in a system that makes QB's look ALOT better than they really are...

No thanks.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM

The kid from Kentucky is one to watch. KCChiefsfan88 says he's just another crappy SEC QB...

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
He played one half and got injured. Hunter Cantwell then came in and tore up the Hurricane defense. Had more to do with the fact that Miami sucked.

That's gonna sting.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
The kid from Kentucky is one to watch. KCChiefsfan88 says he's just another crappy SEC QB...

I saw some highlights of him. He reminded me of a more mobile Leftwich. People can take that any way they want.

I'm interested in that kid from New Mexico, Chase Holbrook?? He's only a junior this year but had some pretty amazing stats last year.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Does Brodie Croyle have talent, sure he does. Problem is his talent and the way he plays makes him look exactly like Rob Johnson. If you think that's great then that's fine but Rob had all the talent in the world and well....

Spott
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Why would Herm want a QB that is used to passing?

This only pisses me off because it is true.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Jerry Glanville could be our defensive coordinator!

"This is the NFL. Which stands for Not For Long when you make calls like that."

OctoberFart
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM

I agree. Hopefully the Queefs take Brennan for their QBOTF. Wait I hope they put all the marbles on Croyle.