PDA

View Full Version : Just watched a replay of the 1st drive.....

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
And I don't need to watch the rest......

Huards pass attempts on the first drive:

Pass behind Bowe who makes the catch. First down.

Pass forced to Bowe on sideline, when he had a wide-open Gonzalez coming back to LOS, would have been good for a 1st down.

Quick screen to Bennett, complete for 4 yards.

Great throw on slant to Parker. Complete for 10 yards.

20 yard completion to Parker. Not a good throw, but complete nonetheless.

5 yard completion to Gonzalez for 5 yards.

Huard throws ball away, toward Wilson. Gonzalez open at goal line. Missed out on a TD because Damon paniced when first read wasn't there.

Huard misfires on pass to Bowe. A good throw extends the drive. Bad throw and Bowe has to lay out for it. Should Bowe have still caught the ball? Probably. But if Damon hits him in stride, we have a 1st down and another crack at the EZ.

Thoughts?

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
This is what happens when the starter barely plays in preseason.

RustShack
09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Time for a new QB

Direckshun
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
No other receiver on our team makes that catch that Bowe almost made.

Very happy with how Bowe's coming along, and Parker's newfound productivity. Good lord, bring Kennison back and we've got three decent receivers.

RustShack
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
1st round receivers are rarely good their rookie season, I'm pretty impressed so far. Bowe should only get better.

OnTheWarpath58
No other receiver on our team makes that catch that Bowe almost made.

Very happy with how Bowe's coming along, and Parker's newfound productivity. Good lord, bring Kennison back and we've got three decent receivers.

Agreed.

A remotely decent throw extends the drive.

Even though Damon panicking and missing 88 for the score pisses me off just as much.

I'm not sure he looked past his 1st read the entire drive.....

jidar
Huard is what we thought he was, conservative, but mediocre.

Although... too bad about the ints.

boogblaster
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm ashamed .. I was fixing a samwich and missed the end of the drive..It's all my fault, beat me please .....

Monty
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Yep, I wonder if Rayner would have made the FG. :)

BTW, had a GREAT time tailgating, despite how the game turned out. :toast:

RustShack
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
In Huards first game as a starter, he doubled his INT total from last year.

Demonpenz
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Bowe's play was ragged. I heard they had tried to shoot balls out of the machine that shoots balls out but they can't get it cranked up fast enough to mimic huards cannon

Micjones
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Bowe's going to be solid.
He came out right away in Game 1 and contributed.

As for Huard I think he'll get more in rhythm as time goes on. He threw some bad passes on Sunday, but he was still fairly accurate. 68% if memory serves...

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Yep, I wonder if Rayner would have made the FG. :)

BTW, had a GREAT time tailgating, despite how the game turned out. :toast:

We should have been in the EZ, but overlooked Gonzo.

And sorry about my outburst with that guy after the game. Sally will tell you, that's a rarity for me.....I just had enough at that point, and it boiled over. He was cool about it, and understood why I was hot.

Looking forward to 9/23.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Bowe's going to be solid.
He came out right away in Game 1 and contributed.

As for Huard I think he'll get more in rhythm as time goes on. He threw some bad passes on Sunday, but he was still fairly accurate. 68% if memory serves...

You better be over 75% completions when 90% of your attempts are under 5 yards.....

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Bowe's play was ragged. I heard they had tried to shoot balls out of the machine that shoots balls out but they can't get it cranked up fast enough to mimic huards cannon

I mentioned this in another thread, but it looks like every pass Damon throws is into a 30 MPH headwind.

Monty
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
We should have been in the EZ, but overlooked Gonzo.

And sorry about my outburst with that guy after the game. Sally will tell you, that's a rarity for me.....I just had enough at that point, and it boiled over. He was cool about it, and understood why I was hot.

Looking forward to 9/23.

Agreed, but I'm assuming that Huard doesn't go to Gonzo.

Heh....that guy was out of line, so no worries. We just dismissed most of the Houston fans as it was obvious that they didn't know how to handle a win. ;) Technically, this is only the second time in team history that the Texans have been above .500

Oh, and Sheila still thinks that you're going to post that pic you took of her and Sally next to the LJ sign......she's all worried about it. ROFL

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 01:12 PM
How do you even know Gonzalez was open? The coverage could've come off when he threw the ball. Impossible to tell really, without a full view of the entire play as it developed.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Agreed, but I'm assuming that Huard doesn't go to Gonzo.

Heh....that guy was out of line, so no worries. We just dismissed most of the Houston fans as it was obvious that they didn't know how to handle a win. ;) Technically, this is only the second time in team history that the Texans have been above .500

Oh, and Sheila still thinks that you're going to post that pic you took of her and Sally next to the LJ sign......she's all worried about it. ROFL

I already did, but hardly anyone saw it.

The thread I started about the trip was on the 1st page for about 10 minutes....

I'll delete it if you want me to.....

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
How do you even know Gonzalez was open? The coverage could've come off when he threw the ball. Impossible to tell really, without a full view of the entire play as it developed.

Um, because I was sitting in the front row of that EZ, less than 15 yards away from Gonzo.

He was open. Huard never even looked. He panicked and chucked the ball out of bounds.

Then again, with that floater that Huard throws, I might have had time to jump out of the stands and pck him off......

DenverChief
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
This is what happens when the starter is standing on the sidelines

FYP

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Are you folks forgetting how awful Croyle was already? Why would it be any better with him out there?

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Um, because I was sitting in the front row of that EZ, less than 15 yards away from Gonzo.

He was open. Huard never even looked. He panicked and chucked the ball out of bounds.

Then again, with that floater that Huard throws, I might have had time to jump out of the stands and pck him off......

That's friggin awful, then. Who was covering Gonzalez? Did he just beat a guy by a few yards or did he find some gaping hole in a zone?

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
That phantom PI call against Gonzalez that negated a great 1st down catch by Parker really didn't help matters either.....

TG is 3 yards off the LOS and being chucked by the LB when the pass was thrown.

Instead of 1st down on the Houston 40 with 2:35 to go, drive over.....

:cuss:

DenverChief
Are you folks forgetting how awful Croyle was already? Why would it be any better with him out there?

No but at least losing with him at the helm makes more sense....Huard was supposed to lead a winning product...I don't see that happening

OnTheWarpath58
That's friggin awful, then. Who was covering Gonzalez? Did he just beat a guy by a few yards or did he find some gaping hole in a zone?

Zone. Could have been a blown assignment as well.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
No but at least losing with him at the helm makes more sense....Huard was supposed to lead a winning product...I don't see that happening

I think people are overreacting...if Huard is still in there when we're 1-4 I'll start bitching.

DenverChief
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I think people are overreacting...if Huard is still in there when we're 1-4 I'll start bitching.

I'm seriously considering 0-6 with the first win against Oakland

Guru
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm seriously considering 0-6 with the first win against Oakland

Are you sure about that? Not 0-7? Losing to the Raiders just might be enough for Clark to get his panties in a bunch and fire someone.

KurtCobain
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
We should've gone after Frye.

:shake:

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I decided to watch the rest of this abortion anyway, and Huard is doing exactly what people were bitching about Brodie doing:

Locking on to one receiver.

He's never looking at any other options.

IMO, it's not that we're not calling plays to go downfield, it's that Damon isn't LOOKING to go downfield.

Monty
09-11-2007, 01:58 PM
You mean this one? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=72724&stc=1

What's wrong with it?

There's NOTHING wrong with it....she just just didn't want everyone to see her giving some tongue to the LJ sign. I love the effect that a few beers will have on a person. ROFL

Monty
09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I decided to watch the rest of this abortion anyway, and Huard is doing exactly what people were bitching about Brodie doing:

IMO, it's not that we're not calling plays to go downfield, it's that Damon isn't LOOKING to go downfield.

You're exactly right. He's playing scared IMO. Dunno if it's the lack of preseason PT or not. We'll have to see if he improves any this week.

crazycoffey
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
There's NOTHING wrong with it....she just just didn't want everyone to see her giving some tongue to the LJ sign. I love the effect that a few beers will have on a person. ROFL

I just wanted to be sure..... :thumb:

Rausch
09-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Ditto.

If we're not competitive in our next 2-3 games run with the young gun. If you're going to lose you might as well lose and get better...

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM

Not only that, but people criticized Brodie for not being "fiery" enough. They told us all that Damon would get in people's faces and tell them what they did wrong.

He did NONE of that on Sunday. NONE. He just stood there and shook his head.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Not only that, but people criticized Brodie for not being "fiery" enough. They told us all that Damon would get in people's faces and tell them what they did wrong.

I was just getting ready to mention that.

Great shot of him on the bench next to Curl after a drive ended.

He basically just threw his hands up as if to say "**** it."

Great leadership ability......

It looked to me like Gonzalez was getting in HUARD'S face on quite a few plays, and I wouldn't blame him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I could have probably completed 50% of the passes that Huard attempted on Sunday. Half the board probably could. he was throwing nothing but dumps and check downs.

68% doesn't mean rat shit.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2931/huardoj9vg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

siberian khatru
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM

"What are you yelling at me for, Dick? I dumped it off to the running back just like you told me to!"

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:47 PM

Gimme an actual photo from the game that hasn't been photoshopped...thanks...

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Gimme an actual photo from the game that hasn't been photoshopped...thanks...

WTF?

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
WTF?

Post the SOURCE photo. That is one of the most fake-looking pictures I've ever seen...

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
If we're not going to start Croyle, why on earth wouldn't we try to get Byron Leftwich on board?

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Are you being sarcastic? That's a real photo.

Fish
09-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I got criticized for saying it in the preseason.... but Huard still has a backup attitude. Especially when the pressure is on. He crumbles into the fetal position just like last Sunday when he saw a potential sack coming. When everything is working fine, Huard is decent. He's a momentum QB...

TEX
09-11-2007, 03:10 PM
And I don't need to watch the rest......

Huards pass attempts on the first drive:

Pass behind Bowe who makes the catch. First down.

Pass forced to Bowe on sideline, when he had a wide-open Gonzalez coming back to LOS, would have been good for a 1st down.

Quick screen to Bennett, complete for 4 yards.

Great throw on slant to Parker. Complete for 10 yards.

20 yard completion to Parker. Not a good throw, but complete nonetheless.

5 yard completion to Gonzalez for 5 yards.

Huard throws ball away, toward Wilson. Gonzalez open at goal line. Missed out on a TD because Damon paniced when first read wasn't there.

Huard misfires on pass to Bowe. A good throw extends the drive. Bad throw and Bowe has to lay out for it. Should Bowe have still caught the ball? Probably. But if Damon hits him in stride, we have a 1st down and another crack at the EZ.

Thoughts?

There is no doubt in my mind that at the first sign of pressure, Croyle would have thrown a pick somewhere in there.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that at the first sign of pressure, Croyle would have thrown a pick somewhere in there.

Seeing as how Huard was getting all day to throw, I don't think that's relevant.

But even if he did.....who cares? The end result would be the same.

ZERO POINTS.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Are you being sarcastic? That's a real photo.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. It looks like a high-def photo of Damon Huard that's been superimposed.

Prove it's a real photo - link to the source.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah, those 2 picks that Damon threw are much preferrable to INT's thrown by Croyle.

ROFL

stevieray
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
meh...style points...

fact is, without much playing time in preseason..he went on the road and on the first drive, after losing his starting WR, and practice time with LJ, drove the team down into scoring position, only to watch Lawerence Medlock miss a damn chip shot...EK being out(changing the GP)and the subsequent TO's put us in a hole...

Because of the QB circus in Camp and PS, we won't start gelling till the home opener, if we are lucky...

Huard went to Gonzo alot last season...I'm sure he will this year as well.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
meh...style points...

fact is, without much playing time in preseason..he went on the road and on the first drive, after losing his starting WR, and practice time with LJ, drove the team down into scoring position, only to watch Lawerence Medlock miss a damn chip shot...EK being out(changing the GP)and the subsequent TO's put us in a hole...

Because of the QB circus in Camp and PS, we won't start gelling till the home opener, if we are lucky...huard went to Gonzo alot last season...i'm sure he will this year as well.

Well, I for one can't wait to see him complete 90% of his 4-yard passes...

Craash
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
No, I'm not being sarcastic. It looks like a high-def photo of Damon Huard that's been superimposed.

I'll confirm it's real (screen capture of the video feed). However GC is using it out of context. This was a moment when he was trying to get the play from the sideline. He actually walked away from the huddle and made this jester as if to say "where's my play".

I think the announcers might have even commented on it.

stevieray
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM

really?

TEX
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, those 2 picks that Damon threw are much preferrable to INT's thrown by Croyle.

ROFL

One was. It hit the WR right in the hands. No way Brodie could have done that. The other did look like Croyle threw it. But what was most funny was YOUR "good" kicker missing an almost dead on 30 yarder! ROFL

N-I-C-E

RustShack
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
All our our WR's are young now, our RB is still relativly young, GET RID OF THE OLD FART QB.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I just like how when Huard throws the ball on an out 5-10 yards down field he looks like he's throwing it with everything he's got and it floats out there.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll confirm it's real (screen capture of the video feed). However GC is using it out of context. This was a moment when he was trying to get the play from the sideline. He actually walked away from the huddle and made this jester as if to say "where's my play".

I think the announcers might have even commented on it.

So my overall assumption was correct - GoChiefs is full of shit.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I just like how when Huard throws the ball on an out 5-10 yards down field he looks like he's throwing it with everything he's got and it floats out there.

I said in a couple of other threads that it looks like he's throwing into a 30 MPH headwind.....

Craash
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
So my overall assumption was correct - GoChiefs is full of shit.

Or at the least trying to stir it.

go bowe
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm ashamed .. I was fixing a samwich and missed the end of the drive..It's all my fault, beat me please .....beat you?

no, of course not...

next year at joe's we're gonna tie you up with a string of bottle rockets, maby three gross of them...

then have the fuse lit by sedated...

we will see you fly then...

but up or down? who knows?

we should have made it the finale of the fireworks show...

oh well...

maby next year...

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
One was. It hit the WR right in the hands. No way Brodie could have done that. The other did look like Croyle threw it. But what was most funny was YOUR "good" kicker missing an almost dead on 30 yarder! ROFL

N-I-C-E

Brodie did that several times in the preseason. It's Huard who had problems with overthrowing screen passes by 10 yards.

As for Medlock being "my" kicker, I've said many many times that I care about the Chiefs, not Medlock. I want to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, something they obviously won't do anytime soon. Good teams don't cut kickers when they struggle like Medlock did. Good teams let young guys work through their troubles.

Anyway, it's obvious where your loyalties lie, seeing as you are rooting for our young players to fail.

The very definition of N-I-C-E.

You can stop pretending to be a Chiefs fan any time now.

the Talking Can
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
here is the definition of insanity:

making excuses for the too-many-to-count mistakes of a 12 year Veteran QB by saying: "he'll get better as the season goes on..."

while simultaneously claiming that your own 3rd round draft pick QB can't play a single game because "he'll make a mistake..."

I am a fan of the dumbest franchise in the history of man and animal. I am leaving now to find a place where I can pay someone to shoot me in the face.

bsp4444
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought Damion McIntosh looked good. I was trying to focus on him and he was blocking his guy pretty far out of the play.

I think Solari or Herm or whoever is calling that short-ass pass offense should open it up a little. That will help out LJ, TG and my blood pressure.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I said in a couple of other threads that it looks like he's throwing into a 30 MPH headwind.....

Imagine what will happen if we play a game in a heavy wind this year...

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Pray for a tailwind?

:hmmm:

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I thought Damion McIntosh looked good. I was trying to focus on him and he was blocking his guy pretty far out of the play.

I think Solari or Herm or whoever is calling that short-ass pass offense should open it up a little. That will help out LJ, TG and my blood pressure.

Can't open up an offense if your QB can't (or won't) throw downfield...

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I am a fan of the dumbest franchise in the history of man and animal. I am leaving now to find a place where I can pay someone to shoot me in the face.

How much? Also, you'll have to provide the gun.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Wow. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove. I'm AGREEING with you...Damon didn't show any fire on Sunday. That photo is proof of what a hokey dork he is. But since you asked, it's the last photo in the slideshow on the KC Star website.

http://www.kansascity.com/static/media/090907_CHIEFS_TEXANS/

Deberg_1990
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Chicago is 5 days away...

TEX
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Brodie did that several times in the preseason. It's Huard who had problems with overthrowing screen passes by 10 yards.

As for Medlock being "my" kicker, I've said many many times that I care about the Chiefs, not Medlock. I want to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, something they obviously won't do anytime soon. Good teams don't cut kickers when they struggle like Medlock did. Good teams let young guys work through their troubles.

Anyway, it's obvious where your loyalties lie, seeing as you are rooting for our young players to fail.

Your words friend, not mine. I'm not blind. If I see a problem, I'm gonna say so. If I don't like a player that the Chiefs drafted, I'm not gonna pretend I do. I watched Medlock struggle all preseason. I watched as the Chiefs handed him the job. I watched him miss an easy field goal in an all important first drive of the season. Some players on the team lost confidence in Medlock, and so did I.

Calling it like I see it is has nothing to do with being a true fan. I just see things very different from you.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove. I'm AGREEING with you...Damon didn't show any fire on Sunday. That photo is proof of what a hokey dork he is. But since you asked, it's the last photo in the slideshow on the KC Star website.

http://www.kansascity.com/static/media/090907_CHIEFS_TEXANS/

OK, considering his posture and look on his face, one could safely assume you were trying to prove the OPPOSITE. I'm not the only one that assumed that either.

splatbass
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM

It looks like any real photo taken with a wide aperture so that the subject is in focus and the background is blurry. Have you ever used a camera?

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Your words friend, not mine. I'm not blind. If I see a problem, I'm gonna say so. If I don't like a player that the Chiefs drafted, I'm not gonna pretend I do. I watched Medlock struggle all preseason. I watched as the Chiefs handed him the job. I watched him miss an easy field goal in an all important first drive of the season. Some players on the team lost confidence in Medlock, and so did I.

Calling it like I see it is has nothing to do with being a true fan. I just see things very different from you.

4 preseason games and 1 regular season game.

ROFL

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 03:54 PM
It looks like any real photo taken with a wide aperture so that the subject is in focus and the background is blurry. Have you ever used a camera?

Nope, I haven't.

And to my untrained eye, the picture looks fake.

splatbass
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Nope, I haven't.

And to my untrained eye, the picture looks fake.

I've taken many pictures like that. You can too, all it takes is a camera that gives you control over the aperture (f stop).

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but it looks like every pass Damon throws is into a 30 MPH headwind.That 25 yarder to Bowe was just sad...

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Are you folks forgetting how awful Croyle was already? Why would it be any better with him out there?Wow. Retarded comment of the day...

Mecca
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
When did Clayton become such an ardent homer? It seems as though his homer level is shooting through the roof as of late.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
When did Clayton become such an ardent homer? It seems as though his homer level is shooting through the roof as of late.

What? We're going to get ****ing killed in Chicago.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow. Retarded comment of the day...

Why is it retarded? Give me one reason why Croyle would be any better than Huard out there. He didn't show it in preseason...

Mecca
09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Well even someone who has no brain knows that one, but you are getting really close to the extreme homer level.

The whole "oh we'll win 3 in a row" or acting like Huard actually had a good game.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:36 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that at the first sign of pressure, Croyle would have thrown a pick somewhere in there. :rolleyes: Oh, Jesus, just stop. We know you hate Croyle. Huard threw 2 picks, dipshit.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
:rolleyes: Oh, Jesus, just stop. We know you hate Croyle. Huard threw 2 picks, dipshit.

Huard threw one pick, in garbage time. The other is credited to Jeff Webb.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
That makes up for some of the ones he threw last year that hit defenders in the chest and they dropped.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Why is it retarded? Give me one reason why Croyle would be any better than Huard out there. He didn't show it in preseason...He could not have been worse. He can throw more than 20 yards, without having to put air under it. More mobile. What happened to the bootlegs Brodie ran? Huard cannot run them. Umm... oh, HUARD WILL NOT GET BETTER AND CROYLE MAY. Jeez.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Huard threw one pick, in garbage time. The other is credited to Jeff Webb.Why are you defending Huard? LMAO

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Why are you defending Huard? LMAO

Because people are knee-jerking over one game...

Mecca
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Huard ****ing sucks man, there is no defense. He's old and he's been a 3rd string QB most of his career...

When you sit behind Jay Fiedler and Rohan Davey you ****in suck.

Fish
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Why is it retarded? Give me one reason why Croyle would be any better than Huard out there. He didn't show it in preseason...

Reason 1:

Huard's ball speed - 29.1 mph

Croyle's ball speed - 55 mph

I've also got a Reason 2.....

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Because people are knee-jerking over one game...Knee-jerk? Dude, you cannot be this obtuse. Do you somehow believe Damon just 'slipped thru the cracks' and just missed his chances to become a starter? If you cannot tell he should not be starting then I can't help you. WOW...

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Because people are knee-jerking over one game...

One game.

Oh and the other TEN YEARS he was somebody else's BACKUP.

Easy 6
09-11-2007, 05:05 PM

Oh geeez, there are plenty of hardcore fans here on the board who were ready to give Matlock the heave-ho...myself included.

You know as well as anybody that in field position, smashmouth football, a steady kicker is imperative...the difference between 10-6 & 7-9.

Questioning loyalty over a K who struggled mightily???

Your better than that.

Woodrow Call
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Huard ****ing sucks man, there is no defense. He's old and he's been a 3rd string QB most of his career...

When you sit behind Jay Fiedler and Rohan Davey you ****in suck.

:clap:

BWillie
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM

You do realize Huard was 6th in the entire league last year in yards per attempt right?

It's one game. Give the guy some time, he's been hurt in preseason. If we are 1-4 or 0-5 then Croyle goes in anyway. Why are we in such a hurry to get Croyle's brain bashed in? I'd rather go 9 and 7 and make the playoffs, lose first round than to go 5-11 and develop a QB. None of us can predict the future, who knows what will happen. I'm sure Huard won't have the same year he had last year, but give the guy a few games. One interception last game was COMPLETELY not his fault, and the other one was not soley his fault. Huard's play last game was the least of our concerns.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 05:13 PM
You do realize Huard was 6th in the entire league last year in yards per attempt right? It's one game. Give the guy some time, he's been hurt in preseason. If we are 1-4 or 0-5 then Croyle goes in anyway. Why are we in such a hurry to get Croyle's brain bashed in? I'd rather go 9 and 7 and make the playoffs, lose first round than to go 5-11 and develop a QB. None of us can predict the future, who knows what will happen. I'm sure Huard won't have the same year he had last year, but give the guy a few games. One interception last game was COMPLETELY, not his fault, and the other one was not soley his fault. Huard's play last game was the least of our concerns.

I've asked this question of other people that have taken your position:

How old are you and how long have you been following the Chiefs?

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh geeez, there are plenty of hardcore fans here on the board who were ready to give Matlock the heave-ho...myself included.

You know as well as anybody that in field position, smashmouth football, a steady kicker is imperative...the difference between 10-6 & 7-9.

Questioning loyalty over a K who struggled mightily???

Your better than that.

It's because of "hardcore" fans like yourself that Medlock was cut. You're playing it EXACTLY the way Carl wants you to.

There is no difference between 10-6 and 7-9, unless you're insinuating that getting the #6 seed and getting spanked in the playoffs is somehow desirable.

The simple fact is that GOOD teams develop players, even if it means struggling at times.

The Chiefs have, time and again, proven that they don't have the willpower to do it. It jeopardizes ticket sales.

BWillie
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I've asked this question of other people that have taken your position:

How old are you and how long have you been following the Chiefs?

24 years old.

Since I was 6 years old. I have loved every minute of it. Montana years, Grbac years, Elvis Years, Green years...and Carl has always put us in position of the thick of it. We have our 13 and 3 years, and it's not Carl's fault they didn't succeed once they got there.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
24 years old.

Since I was 6 years old. I have loved every minute of it. Montana years, Grbac years, Elvis Years, Green years...and Carl has always put us in position of the thick of it. We have our 13 and 3 years, and it's not Carl's fault they didn't succeed once they got there.

No disrespect, but I kinda knew how you were going to answer...

Mecca
09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Kansas City Chiefs fans=as long as we're respectable in our mediocrity that's good enough.

BWillie
09-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Kansas City Chiefs fans=as long as we're respectable in our mediocrity that's good enough.

I would take 10-6 and being about that good for two decades rather than being shitty for 15 years, then winning a super bowl, and then going back to being shitty.

Do you think the Red Sox before they won the World Series really envied the Marlins just because they won two world series?

Mecca
09-11-2007, 05:42 PM
That says it all, you'd rather be alright than win it all.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Do you think the Red Sox before they won the World Series really envied the Marlins just because they won two world series?

Yeah, they actually did.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
He's the kinda fan Carl loves, he would rather be mediocre than win it all.

PastorMikH
09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
IMO Huard isn't the most accurate passer in the game. I wondered last year why Green could hit guys in the numbers and they miss the ball while Huard could throw behind, above, at ankles, so on and the WRs would make great catches.

Coach
09-11-2007, 06:38 PM
IMO Huard isn't the most accurate passer in the game. I wondered last year why Green could hit guys in the numbers and they miss the ball while Huard could throw behind, above, at ankles, so on and the WRs would make great catches.

Huard had a career year last season under Terry Shea. So the Chiefs fired shea and hire a guy who's never been an NFL QB coach and is really nothing more than Herm's personal yes-man. Terry Shea drew up the passing game last season... who does it now? Dick Curl? Ohhh, brother. Will Huard get that kind of season from him? He's also primarily responsible with Croyle's developement as QB of the future... are you comfortable with that?

I know I'm not.

PastorMikH
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Huard had a career year last season under Terry Shea. So the Chiefs fired shea and hire a guy who's never been an NFL QB coach and is really nothing more than Herm's personal yes-man. Terry Shea drew up the passing game last season... who does it now? Dick Curl? Ohhh, brother. Will Huard get that kind of season from him? He's also primarily responsible with Croyle's developement as QB of the future... are you comfortable with that?

I know I'm not.

I'm not comfortable with anyone on the coaching staff working with the O. I'm not too comfortable with any of them working with any of the players to be honest.

Another thought on Huard last year. I can't help but wonder how much input Green had on the sidelines. Once he was on the sidelines, Huard seemed to play better. I can't help but wonder if he was communicating what he saw up to the booth and making suggestions.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 08:12 PM

I know I'm not.

Ahem.

Before being named the head coach in Frankfurt, Curl served as offensive coordinator of the Barcelona Dragons from ‘91-97. The Dragons made a World Bowl appearance in ‘91 before winning the league title in ‘97. Known as the “Mad Bomber” in NFLEL circles for his tendency to throw the ball, Curl led an offensive attack headed by QB Jon Kitna that averaged 360.2 yards per game in ‘97.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/dick_curl/

OctoberFart
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
In Huards first game as a starter, he doubled his INT total from last year.
And all I heard all offseason is Huard was the #2 rated QB last year.

htismaqe
09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
And all I heard all offseason is Huard was the #2 rated QB last year.

Can you please stop being the voice of reason around here? You're starting to scare people.

KC Tattoo
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Huard did not play against the Saints so I don't think that was a fair game for Croyle, don't think Huard would have done any better.

The Browns game Huard threw an INT and that one was all Huard.
Croyle made an extra effort to throw his INT that game but he showed mobility to excape the pocket.

The game to compare Huard and Croyle, Miami. Croyle looked damn good on his first drive taking it down field and a TD. Yea he threw an INT next but Croyle proved he can move the chains and get us TDs.

What has Huard done in preseason to be starter not counting last years 5-3 year 11 tds 1 int & most people forget 5 fumbles???

Hoover
09-11-2007, 10:00 PM
For some reason Haurd an Kennison are on the same page, but even last year when Haurd was in he never used TG. Tony and LJ are great players, we need to use them. If we are getting killed next week I want to see the kid.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
even last year when Huard was in he never used TG

You're nuts.

boogblaster
09-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Im not a Huard fan..his hands a small thus his delivery is subject to floating..he fumbles..plus he's got about the same guts as Elvis GrSuck ...

keg in kc
09-12-2007, 02:24 AM
We got exactly what I expected out of Huard. He'll never win a game for us, as in carry the team to victory. When he's 'on', when he's playing at his best, he's (barely) good enough to manage the offense, and not lose a game by throwing too many balls to the wrong jerseys. But if things go wrong early, and we get behind, we're not coming back. He just can't challenge a defense.

For that reason, in my mind, the turnovers were all on him. The Texans knew he couldn't go deep, so they sat on every short route and clocked our guys the second the ball got there.

That's the reason Croyle needs to be in there. Yes, he may force passes, yes he may turn the ball over. But his arm, alone, gives the team a dimension on offense that Huard never will. And Croyle needs to be on the field, because he needs to struggle, needs to play through it, needs to learn what it takes to be a pro, and needs to earn the respect of his teammates. He may be the future of the franchise.

I guess it depends on what you want. Develop a quarterback and help the future of the team, perhaps actually giving yourself a chance to win now, or stick with noodle arm and watch the Chiefs' offensive machine flounder to 20-3 losses.

We'll never win anything meaningful with Huard under center.

Hopefully the kid's playing by week 5.

htismaqe
09-12-2007, 06:01 AM
What has Huard done in preseason to be starter not counting last years 5-3 year 11 tds 1 int & most people forget 5 fumbles???

Huard did NOT have 5 fumbles.

He had NINE.

htismaqe
09-12-2007, 06:02 AM
We got exactly what I expected out of Huard. He'll never win a game for us, as in carry the team to victory. When he's 'on', when he's playing at his best, he's (barely) good enough to manage the offense, and not lose a game by throwing too many balls to the wrong jerseys. But if things go wrong early, and we get behind, we're not coming back. He just can't challenge a defense.

For that reason, in my mind, the turnovers were all on him. The Texans knew he couldn't go deep, so they sat on every short route and clocked our guys the second the ball got there.

That's the reason Croyle needs to be in there. Yes, he may force passes, yes he may turn the ball over. But his arm, alone, gives the team a dimension on offense that Huard never will. And Croyle needs to be on the field, because he needs to struggle, needs to play through it, needs to learn what it takes to be a pro, and needs to earn the respect of his teammates. He may be the future of the franchise.

I guess it depends on what you want. Develop a quarterback and help the future of the team, perhaps actually giving yourself a chance to win now, or stick with noodle arm and watch the Chiefs' offensive machine flounder to 20-3 losses.

For the sake of the "I'll take 9-7 and a playoff loss" crowd, he better start against the Vikings. Week 5 may be too late.

the Talking Can
09-12-2007, 06:49 AM

If you were a hot chick, with big tits, I'd kiss you for writing that.

TEX
09-12-2007, 07:08 AM
For some reason Haurd an Kennison are on the same page, but even last year when Haurd was in he never used TG. Tony and LJ are great players, we need to use them. If we are getting killed next week I want to see the kid.

That's not tre regarding Gonzo. Actually Huard went to him often. It really helped Tony have a good year because of it.

Coach
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Ahem.

Before being named the head coach in Frankfurt, Curl served as offensive coordinator of the Barcelona Dragons from ‘91-97. The Dragons made a World Bowl appearance in ‘91 before winning the league title in ‘97. Known as the “Mad Bomber” in NFLEL circles for his tendency to throw the ball, Curl led an offensive attack headed by QB Jon Kitna that averaged 360.2 yards per game in ‘97.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/dick_curl/

Yeah, in the NFL Minor League. I'm referring to as an actual job in the NFL.