PDA

View Full Version : Parker

el borracho
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Before last season there were many of us that had high hopes for Parker. On Sunday, he had 4 catches for 48 yards. I don't remember, did he drop any easy receptions? I know we had all written him off as a waste of space but now I am wondering; What would it take to reverse our collective opinion that Parker sucks? What kind of year would Parker need to win us back as fans?

*important notes- no, I haven't yet changed my opinion (I still think he sucks); yes, I realize 4/48 with no touchdowns is not that great an accomplishment; yes, I realize it was only one game; yes, I realize it was against the Texans

DenverChief
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
800-1000 yds 8-10 tds

beach tribe
It will take a LOT.

JBucc
At least 800 yards and 5 TD's would be needed probably to start to change most people opinions of him. And of course reducing the drops.

Douche Baggins
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I'd be a lot more pleased today if he hadn't dropped that slant.

It's gonna take a 60-catch, 800-yard season.

DaFace
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Prior to December, 2004, I hadn't made it to a game at Arrowhead in around 10 years. During that game, Parker caught an awesome throw from Trent right in front of our seats. Since then, I've always hoped he'd pan out.

Last year, my hope started to fade, and I was ready to see him hit the streets. However, if he can play like he did Sunday consistently, I'll come back around. But he'll have to do it at least four weeks in a row before I'll change my mind at this point.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
He also had a nice catch called back on a phantom PI call on Gonzo with 2:35 left in the 2nd quarter. Would have been 1st down on the houston 40 YL.

talastan
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Same production as Sunday, EVERY game until at least week 12. Then I'll cut him some slack. He has alot to make up for IMO.

StcChief
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
6TDs 800 yards.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
The DROPS man the FUKIN DROPS.

wutamess
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Now that EK's out of the pic and he's the only WR that KNOWS our system.

80 rec 8td's 1000yds... 5-8% drop ratio.

Frankie
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Changing his number to something in the 80s.

;)

el borracho
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
For me it would be 800-1,000 yards, 8 or more TDs and substantially fewer drops. He would have to start immediately and be consistent throughout the year. Even at that I would be nervous heading into next season.

In fact, now that I am typing it I would say that consistency is probably the thing I want to see most from him. 2 or 3 stellar games (I'm not saying Sunday was stellar) and cumulatively impressive year end totals wouldn't do it for me.

Simply Red
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM

He expected the ball to be arms reach in front of him, it was thrown arms reach behind him. I blame that one on Huard, personally.

pr_capone
09-11-2007, 01:42 PM
All he has to do is stop dropping passes.

I would be extatic if he were to catch 90% of the passes thrown to him.

*edit

and he has to stop celebrating EVERY first down.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM

I hope you're not talking about the one that was high and behind him on the first drive of the 3rd quarter, right before the Wilson fumble.....

Another awful throw.

KurtCobain
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Less than 5 drops in the next two games, and my jaw will drop.

siberian khatru
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
He expected the ball to be arms reach in front of him, it was thrown arms reach behind him. I blame that one on Huard, personally.

Yep, SR and I watched it together and had the same opinion when it happened.

If Huard had hit Parker in stride, no telling how far Samie would've gone.

Edit: Hey, you changed your avatar.

Buehler445
09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I was watching the game Sunday and thought, "wow Parker is stepping up....Oh yeah, its Parker." I was pleased with his play on Sunday. A couple of things that stood out for me.

He caught the ball across the middle.
He caught the ball consistently.
He caught the ball on 3rd down.
He looked like he wanted to be the #1 receiver.

These are a nice change from the Parker of old, but by no means give him a free pass. I thought a lot about what would make me change my mind about Parker. To me, stats don't really matter, it is more about consistency in the following areas:

CATCH THE BALL He has got to catch the ball. Not going to elaborate on that anymore.

Step up on important plays A lot of times he disappears during important parts of the game. If we are going to keep him on the roster for the long term as a #1 or #2 receiver, he has to show us that we can throw the ball to him on any given play. One good play will not cut it. He needs to play his best when the game is on the line.

Make tough catches He needs to catch the ball in coverage ready to take a hit. He has rarely shown that through his career, but Sunday was a start.

Be the best receiver on the roster There are a lot of young guys and Eddie. In order for us to keep him around, he needs to show he is the best receiver we have every game. Bowe will get his time, but if him and Webb or Sippio are close...out the door Parker.

If I had to quantify it, I would say he has to rock the house for 10 games. If he doesn't come out and dominate, I think he has to decisively do the above for 14 out of 16 games. If not, it will be a flash in the pan during his terrible career.

At this point he still sucks. I still wish we would have cut him. With that being said, since we are stuck with him, I hope he has a coming out party and finally steps up and becomes the answer after Eddie. I would like to see him take the #2 spot behind Bowe for years to come. But I am seriously not counting on it.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I hate Parker but he actually made some good plays against Houston early... Hopefully Sippio will teach him how to not be a bitch in traffic.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Sammie knows if he doesnt step up his game hes gone. Fear is an excellent motivator.

phobia's skidmark
09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Masters,

He needs to get him some "left eye lopez" type action going on and maybe a Mr. Hankey style T.D. celebration.

I'm partial to one where he squats in the back of the endzone and shouts:

"Hi dee ho champ and dre, it's me, Mr. Hankey, the touchdown poo."

Then he should wipe his ass in the goalpost and fake flush for the finish. Of course he should only do this particular celebration at the Denver game. He will need to vary it in San Diego, and Oakland.

At home he should just flip the ball to the ref and spare our home fans the agony of seeing it in person, much like carlota should have with the fudge packee crying over britney vid earlier.

If he does all that 3 times when we play @ denver, or 8 total times during our divisional road games then I don't give a shit what he does the rest of the season, and all his past transgressions are forgiven.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
He will need to vary it in San Diego, and Oakland.

In Oakland he might be able to do the Constipated dance where he starts it and has to walk away and finish later in the game.

HemiEd
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Sammie knows if he doesnt step up his game hes gone. Fear is an excellent motivator.

I was very impressed with his play, and securing of the Football on Sunday.
I hope he becomes the success story for Herm, that Dante Hall/Trent were for DV.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
The recievers need to be given a break. They either get a floating moth(Huard) or a stinging bullet(Croyle). That's got to mess with their touch. These are the first few passes from Huard to Parker, I recall this pre-season, regular season

ChiefGator
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Step up on important plays A lot of times he disappears during important parts of the game. If we are going to keep him on the roster for the long term as a #1 or #2 receiver, he has to show us that we can throw the ball to him on any given play. One good play will not cut it. He needs to play his best when the game is on the line.

Heck, if he wants to be on the roster at all he needs to do this. If he is coming in as a third receiver, then we are probably in 3rd and long. He better play his best then as well.

Remember Lockett? Seemed like that was all that guy ever did...

HypnotizedMonkey
09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
The recievers need to be given a break. They either get a floating moth(Huard) or a stinging bullet(Croyle). That's got to mess with their touch. These are the first few passes from Huard to Parker, I recall this pre-season, regular season

I was trying to make this exact point to my friend just yesterday.. we came to the conclusion that if you can't catch the ball consistently you shouldn't be playing... no matter who is throwing it and how hard or soft they are throwing it.. it's on the WR to adapt to that situation. They are supposed to be professionals.

suds79
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM

:LOL: That's funny about Croyle.

The only guys I'll give a pass on in regards to the thow is when Croyle fires a fastball to a RB 5 yards away from him... You'd hope Croyle would learn to have a little touch.

Other than that, you've got to catch it.

For me to change my opinion of Samie? 800 yards, 4-6 TDs and just a few drops.

Not a monster year but respectable..... Having said that, I don't think he can do it.

greg63
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Before last season there were many of us that had high hopes for Parker. On Sunday, he had 4 catches for 48 yards. I don't remember, did he drop any easy receptions? I know we had all written him off as a waste of space but now I am wondering; What would it take to reverse our collective opinion that Parker sucks? What kind of year would Parker need to win us back as fans?

*important notes- no, I haven't yet changed my opinion (I still think he sucks); yes, I realize 4/48 with no touchdowns is not that great an accomplishment; yes, I realize it was only one game; yes, I realize it was against the Texans

To be traded to another AFC West team and have him suck for them? :shrug: