PDA

View Full Version : So I take it.........

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Nobody thinks we have any shot Sunday.

Just wondering if there is anyone.

I lost a bet with my girlfriend.

If the Chiefs lost to the Texans, I had to go to the beach with her this Sunday, so I won't be watching.(I may welch)

Extra Point
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
You won the bet. You don't have to stay home, get pissed, get her pissed at you, then get no sugar.

Mecca
Go to the beach man, it'll be more fun than watching the Chiefs lose 38-3.

StcChief
I'd avoid the welch....or no GF for long.

crazycoffey
It's the NFL and anything can happen. I'm worried about their D, as many are of course, but if we hang on to the Ball and win the turnover battle, well anything's possible.

Zouk
09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I think they'll cover.

crazycoffey
09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Go to the beach man, it'll be more fun than watching the Chiefs lose 38-3.

I'll bet you $1000 dollars we don't lose by 35 points.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I'll bet you $1000 dollars we don't lose by 35 points.

Well I wouldn't bet that just because the Bears could pull guys out and such......

I highly doubt the Chiefs cover the 12 point spread though.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh.....I long for my blind homer days when we were going to win every week.

I'm still a homer, just not quite as blind as I used to be, but I still think we have a shot.

Sure-Oz
09-11-2007, 03:22 PM
My gf and i had a bet on who would do the laundry and pick the winning score last week. We both lost picking the chiefs win, so by default she does the laundry :p

Probably not... :deevee:

crazycoffey
Well I wouldn't bet that just because the Bears could pull guys out and such......

You prove time and time again, that your outlooks are negative first realist second (only if your first take is confronted).

Count Zarth
We're gonna get our ****ing asses kicked.

Woodrow Call
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I think the Chiefs can win but I doubt they do. Grossman is capable of losing any game to any team and if our D can stop Benson the Chiefs have a chance. LJ and Bennett have to have big days and Huard has to find a way to keep them honest.

In the end its the Bears home opener, against a great D, and an offense with something to prove.

Bears 31
Chiefs 10

El Jefe
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
It is going to be a close game, if we can get anything out of our offense, I think the Bears offense is bad enough to keep us in it. I say the Chiefs win 12-9.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
We're gonna get our ****ing asses kicked.
Coming from you, one of the more positive guys around, I think I'll work on my tan and get some.

Mecca
09-11-2007, 03:26 PM
You prove time and time again, that your outlooks are negative first realist second (only if your first take is confronted).

I was obviously being over the top I think anyone can see that.....I however will be surprised if the Chiefs can muster an offensive TD. It's not gonna be pretty to watch and may end up like 28-0 or something like that.

Their Dline is going to beat the ever loving shit out of the Chiefs Oline.

MichaelH
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I think we'll lose but not by nearly as much. The offense that was once good took a few games to get going and while it's not 1/4 as good, it still can score points. LJ and Tony G. will go off. I just hope that defense doesn't kill anyone.

Count Zarth
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I think the Bears offense is bad enough to keep us in it.

Chicago's offense is quite good. Last year they were the second-ranked scoring offense. They have a great deep threat in Bernard Berrian and a good possession wideout in Muhammad. The rookie tight end is going to be a stud, and they have a solid offensive line. Cedric Benson is a VERY talented running back. If Grossman is on his meds, we're ****ed. They'll score at least 20 at home.

Crashride
09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
im going against the grain, we gonna turn a corner and win this, but! go to the beach, man up to your bet and have some fun! See you at arrowhead nov 11th

Sure-Oz
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Chicago's offense is quite good. Last year they were the second-ranked scoring offense. They have a great deep threat in Bernard Berrian and a good possession wideout in Muhammad. The rookie tight end is going to be a stud, and they have a solid offensive line. Cedric Benson is a VERY talented running back. If Grossman is on his meds, we're ****ed. They'll score at least 20 at home.
Yeah, they still have Rex Grossman, who acts like Grbac and makes bone head decisions. Benson was pretty soft against SD and yes i know it's Sd but he took himself out of the SB game as well.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
im going against the grain, we gonna turn a corner and win this, but! go to the beach, man up to your bet and have some fun! See you at arrowhead nov 11th
Yea, no doubt. I'll just bring her to the beach close to the bars.

"Honey?....Would you like an Ice cold delicious alcoholic beverage?.. Yes?..I'll be right back."

It's as simple as that.

El Jefe
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Rex Grossman is about as predictable as the weather in Ohio. You never know what you will get with him, I like our chances. Olsen is hurt and IDK if he is gonna be ready this weekend or not. Muhammad is a possesion reciever, he is good though. You only have to worry about Hester for 6 or 7 plays.

PastorMikH
09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
???

I just got an error message saying this forum is not accepting new posts???

MichaelH
09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
???

I just got an error message saying this forum is not accepting new posts???

Maybe new posts are strictly for the Arena League.
:)

tk13
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm dreading this game... I think it might very well end up like the Pittsburgh game last year.

PastorMikH
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
As for the topic, I'll retype.

No, we don't have a chance in the world. If Chicago shows up without their starters I think Herm will still get out-coached by Smith.

We got beat by Houston, I don't think we have a chance against Chicago at their stadium. I have a pastor friend out here that grew up in Illinois and is a big Bears fan. I have already waived the white flag.

I will go on record though to say that I want Huard to start this week. No use letting our QBOTF get killed with no chance of winning.

MGRS13
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
The Bears WILL pitch a shut out. If the Texans can score 20 I'd give Chicago 28 or 31. The defense of the bears will easily out score the offense of the chiefs. If we don't score there is absolutly NO reason to not start Croyle in the home opener.

beach tribe
09-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Just got a call.

I will be bartending this sunday, and every other after this one, exept when I will be out of town(or the country) for my other job.

Going to the beach on Saturday.

Prolly get ragged Sunday. I will be the only one representing the chiefs. This is Dolfan country.

Not too bad tho huh? Paid to watch football. Got the Cake and eatin it too. A win would be Icing.

DaFace
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I think we have a chance, but it's pretty remote. It really just depends on which version of Grossman shows up. If he turns it over 5 times, we've got a pretty good chance of winning the game. If he's playing reasonably well, though, we're screwed.

Jilly
09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
no offense, but what kind of girlfriend makes that kind of bet?
Sundays are sacred.
They are the Sabbath.
They should be kept Holy.
In the football season, proper observance of said Sabbath, is NEVER on a beach.

your girlfriend is sacreligious.

Woodrow Call
09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm dreading this game... I think it might very well end up like the Pittsburgh game last year.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Bill S Preston
09-11-2007, 06:12 PM
If they managed to stop the Chargers' running game, they'll easily stop Larry Johnson. Herm will run up the ass three straight times right throughout the game, and the defense will get burned in the second half because they're tired.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Nobody thinks we have any shot Sunday.

Just wondering if there is anyone.

I think we have a chance. The same chance a snowball has in hell.... but it's a chance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM

A bitch.

HemiEd
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM

I plan on making that play, the most obvious one on the board IMO.

Rain Man
09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
You guys obviously haven't yet heard Herm's emotional "Win one for the Medlocker" speech.

Chiefs win. Big.

Skip Towne
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
If you welch, she may welch. Then you are f*cked. I mean you are NOT f*cked.

KC Jones
09-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm considering putting 16 points on the Bears in my office 'pick em' pool. I don't forsee us getting too many first downs in this game. If our defense scores 14 points we may have a shot.

KurtCobain
09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
CHIEFS WILL WIN SUNDAY. Guaranteed.

PastorMikH
09-11-2007, 07:52 PM

I agree!

(I am just not sure which Sunday or which year)

MGRS13
09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry about your accident I hope the brain damage goes away.

Jilly
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
chicago's D against our suck ass O....hmmmm..... I can't see why everyone's confused. (oh, that was sarcastic, btw)

KurtCobain
09-11-2007, 08:06 PM
THIS SUNDAY. Against Chicago. In Chicago. Chiefs will win. By atleast 2 points.

craneref
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I feel like some CHIEFS fans are turning into donkey fans, it was ONE game, was it that much worse of a loss than last year at home against the Bengals, were the CHIEFS that impressive last year in week one. What were the chances some on the board were giving the CHIEFS at Invesco last year? I remember a couple of years ago, the CHIEFS were 0-2 heading to Baltimore to face the undefeated Ravens on Monday night Football, I seem to remember most of the people on the board wee saying that it was going to be an ugly loss for the CHIEFS. Can one of the nay sayers tell me who won that game, seems there is a bit of film of Shield BURYING Ray Lewis at the goal line as Priest ran by for a TD. Hey, I was as disappointed and aggravated at last Sunday's game as anybody else, but not because we were getting beat by a better team, but becasue we were handing them the game. 4 turnovers, numerous dropped passes, most for first downs, stupid penalties wiping out first downs, that was within the CHIEFS control, and I believe we will see a totally different CHIEFS team this Sunday in Chicago. I would rather be an optimist and watch the game expecting the CHIEFS to win, than to be apessimist and watch the CHIEFS, hoping they lose to prove me right. GO CHIEFS.

Phobia
09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I have already waived the white flag.

You should try and get it back. You may need it.

HemiEd
09-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't think there is a Chiefs fan on this board that wouldn't be thrilled with a win Sunday. Right or Wrong, it doesn't matter.

Our last two game samples, have been pretty ugly.

RedThat
09-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Hate to say it, Chiefs lose.

They're going to get a butt chomping...A big one.

beach tribe
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Sundays are sacred.
They are the Sabbath.
They should be kept Holy.
In the football season, proper observance of said Sabbath, is NEVER on a beach.

your girlfriend is sacreligious.
I agree completely, and she understands this.

The bet was made in the heat of the moment.

I initiated the bet. I was pissed at half time, said Fuk This shit, if they lose, I'm going to the beach next weekend. Before I realized what the hell I had done we had made a bet.

That's why said I might welch, because she would never hold me to it.

But the point is moot, because I have to bartend at the sports bar sunday, and the sabbath will not be dishonored.

beach tribe
09-12-2007, 08:49 AM
A bitch.
NO. See above.

Haven't missed a game in 5 yrs.
Don't plan on starting now.

beach tribe
09-12-2007, 09:01 AM
NO. See above.

Haven't missed a game in 5 yrs.
Don't plan on starting now.

By the way...

the day I insult your loved ones is the day you may insult mine.