PDA

View Full Version : Commisioner finds Pats Guilty

Pages : 1 [2]

Mecca
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Brett Favre said this is being blown out of proportion today....

Amnorix
09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Brett Favre said this is being blown out of proportion today....

So have Sean Salisbury, Tiki Barber, Ronde Barber, and a host of others.

Coaches Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells and Don Shula have more or less indicated that they don't view this as a Biblical sin either.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I know. I do remember. I dont' remember the details. Something about a side-deal with Elway.

What I'd really need to know, if an asterisk should apply to their championships, is whether the cheating was critical to their winning the SB.

But let's face it, we're all talking shades of gray. All teams DO cheat in some manner. Over there they chop block outside the tackle box. Over here they were very aggressive on pass defense (interference is int he eyes of the beholder and "let them play" in the playoffs). Somewhere else they practice WR picks.

Oh yeah, and probably 60% of the NFL players are on some type of illegal substance....

Pick your poison.

For the millionth time, this does NOT justify what the Pats did, but if you're going to assign asterisks, you better think long and hard about whether you're really going to require PERFECT players and a MOther Theresa approach to playing a clean game.

Whatever you need to justify BB's cheating, right?

Amnorix
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Whatever you need to justify BB's cheating, right?

:rolleyes:

Mecca
09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
BigChieffan needs to feel better about himself by knocking down those evil Pats...whatever works man.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 04:48 PM
:rolleyes:
Did he cheat or not? No gray answer. A simple yes or no will suffice.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I know and that's not my intention. The talk about how it's not wrong if everyone's doing it is down right sickening though. Lots of people use that to justify their bad behavior. At least in my home, growing up, I never could convince my parents of this and I hope my sons don't grow up thinking the same.
Personally, I think it sukks that this happened by the Pats. Or that it goes on if it's against the rules. I just don't think there was as much gained from it professionally if others even got their signals illegally too. The playing field still has been equalized to some degree. There is such a thing as never enforcing something whereby it gets accepted as okay even when it's wrong. It's also unfair that all the others who've done it or are doing it aren't also going to be penalized too. But that's life. If the league wants to clean it up it has to start with the first team that gets caught. Believe me, Mangini knew they did it and most likely has been doing it too. He's not on any moral high ground either.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm sure you'd be reacting the same way if it was the Browns or something, it's only because it's the Pats.

Amnorix
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Did he cheat or not? No gray answer. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Not that I'm required to answer your questions or dance to your tune, but I will give you the courtesy of an answer:

"apparently"

Best I can say at this point.

Anyway, got to go. nn all.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
BigChieffan needs to feel better about himself by knocking down those evil Pats...whatever works man.Yea because tearing them down makes the Chiefs a Super Bowl contender, right? By tearing them down it's make my world so much better. I live and die by what BB does.

You are in such denial you can't see that some people actually stand for principals, so you'll make up something to appease yourself on how you can justify cheating.

The ****er cheated and got caught. Spin that.

pikesome
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I know. I do remember. I dont' remember the details. Something about a side-deal with Elway.

What I'd really need to know, if an asterisk should apply to their championships, is whether the cheating was critical to their winning the SB.

But let's face it, we're all talking shades of gray. All teams DO cheat in some manner. Over there they chop block outside the tackle box. Over here they were very aggressive on pass defense (interference is int he eyes of the beholder and "let them play" in the playoffs). Somewhere else they practice WR picks.

Oh yeah, and probably 60% of the NFL players are on some type of illegal substance....

Pick your poison.

For the millionth time, this does NOT justify what the Pats did, but if you're going to assign asterisks, you better think long and hard about whether you're really going to require PERFECT players and a MOther Theresa approach to playing a clean game.

We're probably drinking from the same cup here. The NFL isn't going to star the record books and even if they would do that, there's nothing to prove that the Pats cheated for those wins. It is going to be a black eye that's going to hang around for a while though. You must still get people bitching about the "tuck rule" even now.

And, yea, I'd be happy if I could snap the fingers and make the NFL 100% legal (at least as the rule book defines legal). Just because I can't make people behave doesnt mean I'm not saddened by it.

Brock
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
The ****er cheated and got caught. Spin that.

The ****er is likely headed to the Super Bowl again this year. We're stuck with shitbirds like Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards. Spin that.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
This is being blown so far out of proportion it is ****in stupid....go look at what Brett Favre said about it that sums it up pretty well.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
It is going to be a black eye that's going to hang around for a while though. You must still get people bitching about the "tuck rule" even now.
Maybe. Maybe not. It's the only thing to talk about right now...as time goes on and other things come up it may just die down. One thing is players seem to think less of it than fans. And it's fans that hate Pats the most or have sukky teams that are most bothered by it...it seems.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Maybe. Maybe not. It's the only thing to talk about right now...as time goes on and other things come up it may just die down. One thing is players seem to think less of it than fans. And it's fans that hate Pats the most or have sukky teams that are most bothered by it...it seems.

Pretty much....that's it in a nutshell, it's fans opportunity to knock down the Pats. Jealously is a thing people hold onto, if it was a shitty team no one would talk about it.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm sure you'd be reacting the same way if it was the Browns or something, it's only because it's the Pats.
I'm sick of hearing about them being the media darlings, but them being caught as cheaters doesn't make me feel better. Quite the contrary. This puts a black eye on a sport that I happen to love, why would I take pride in that? It's absurd to suggest otherwise.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
The ****er is likely headed to the Super Bowl again this year. We're stuck with shitbirds like Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards. Spin that.
I don't have to. I know the Chiefs suck, I'm not the one living in denial and justifying all the underhanded things our team did, though.

I put it out there, black and white... did BB cheat? Yes or no and I can't even get a straight answer-that's waffling 101, but I'm being called into question? I call bull-butter on that horseshit.

Brock
09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't have to. I know the Chiefs suck, I'm not the one living in denial and justifying all the underhanded things our team did, though.

I put it out there, black and white... did BB cheat? Yes or no and I can't even get a straight answer-that's waffling 101, but I'm being called into question? I call bull-butter on that horseshit.

The Patriots obviously cheated. There, feel better? And in a month, nobody will care.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 05:04 PM
And they'll be great and we'll still suck, that's reality.

pikesome
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Now you're just rubbing salt on the wounds. Not only does the NFL's brightest coach get caught cheating he's still 1000% better than what we have here. :(

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Pretty much....that's it in a nutshell, it's fans opportunity to knock down the Pats. Jealously is a thing people hold onto, if it was a shitty team no one would talk about it.
Of course a losing team wouldn't bring as much publicity, because the cheating didn't help them enough to win. It's still wrong, but if you cheat and win, that means you are using a DISTINCT ADVANTAGE over your competition. That's just common sense and hardly a ground for argument. Sounds like more waffling to me.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
The thing is BB has enough smarts to not do this...and the team enough talent. If there is an effective crackdown, all around, and if Pats still win....then that'll help end the talk.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
And they'll be great and we'll still suck, that's reality.
They aren't great if they have to cheat, don't you get that?

Mecca
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
So will you cry when the NFL doesn't do what you want and then in a few weeks no one cares as the Pats go on to dominate the league?

pikesome
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
The thing is BB has enough smarts to not do this...and the team enough talent. If there is an effective crackdown, all around, and if Pats still win....then that'll help end the talk.

And I'd like that. I also think you're right about him not needing to cheat. And I'd love it if the clouds would clear away from the NFL for a second. Vick, Pacman, Johnson, this stuff, so little positive and with the Chiefs sucking hind tit it's not as much fun to watch as it once was.

Dylan
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
This isn't a one-off effect for Bill Belicheck and the Patriots. If this is true, the primary problem is the enormous amount of criticism that could become a concern for one of the most successful coaches in the NFL.

The most drastic questions may come from the leagues owners and coaches whose teams played against the Patriots in championships and super bowl games. It's a big advantage for a team to know what the other team is doing during a game.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has been consistently harsh on players. However, while Belicheck's scandal may be a league issue, it's now national news.

Goodell will face his toughest test. If every team in the league is doing it, they may ask themselves is it worth it? J/M/O

Did anybody hear anything from the F.B.I.? (just kidding) lol

Coach
09-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Wheaties came out with a new style of a box relating to the Patriots issues.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Smack/cheatiesnj9.jpg

Frazod
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Wheaties came out with a new style of a box relating to the Patriots issues.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Smack/cheatiesnj9.jpg

ROFL That's awesome!

Fruit Ninja
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/sports/49926d1189646384-nfl-2007-season-newpatriotslogo.gif found that. I dont know if has been posted, but i am not searching every post for it.

dirk digler
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
This is being blown so far out of proportion it is ****in stupid....go look at what Brett Favre said about it that sums it up pretty well.

Who gives a flying **** what Brett Favre says. Is this the same Brett Favre that told Javon Walker to quit bitching about his contract and then during the first game coming back he gets hurt and is out for the year and lost a ton of money? That Brett Favre?

The only opinion that matters is the commish.

Apparently it is important to him just like all the off the field incidents are important to him. Of course you probably could care less about that kind of stuff as well.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
if they didn't gain a competitive advantage then why were they doing it in the first place??? i mean if they've done this before and have continued doing it they must be getting something from it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t235/EdHyde/BB-Ifyouaintcheatin.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?s=&postid=456911

Dylan
09-13-2007, 12:20 AM
How much does Bill Bilichick get paid? {{Insert Candle}} :D

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02252007/news/regionalnews/sugar_daddy_belichick_regionalnews_susan_edelman.htm?page=0

orange
09-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Who gives a flying **** what Brett Favre says. Is this the same Brett Favre that told Javon Walker to quit bitching about his contract and then during the first game coming back he gets hurt and is out for the year and lost a ton of money? That Brett Favre?

The same Brett Favre who fell down in front of Michael Strahan to give his buddy the sack record.

Yeah, his opinion about fair play weighs real heavy.

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Looks like the majority sides with my stance on this. It's good to know the majority to still has morals. BB is a FRAUD.

Dylan
09-13-2007, 07:29 PM
According to Boston WCVB TV exclusive, SportsCenter 5 is reporting that Roger Goodell will fine Bill Bilichick $500,00 and the team has to forfeit two high draft picks. Possibly a 1st and 3rd round pick. Interesting.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/14109617/detail.html

That'll leave a mark!

VonneMarie
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
According to Boston WCVB TV exclusive, SportsCenter 5 is reporting that Roger Goodell will fine Bill Bilichick $500,00 and the team has to forfeit two high draft picks. Possibly a 1st and 3rd round pick. Interesting.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/14109617/detail.html
If that's true, it's not good enough. There needs to be a suspension of some kind also.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Lame.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, that's not enough. If the cowboys assistant can get suspended for taking HGH, BB should be suspended atleast as much.

tk13
09-13-2007, 07:35 PM
ESPN says it's Belichick $500,000, Pats fined $250,000.. and the Pats will lose their 1st round draft pick if they make the playoffs this year.

VonneMarie
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Th3 Gh3y.

Smed1065
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
ESPN says it's Belichick $500,000, Pats fined $250,000.. and the Pats will lose their 1st round draft pick if they make the playoffs this year.

If they do not make the playoffs (ha-ha) 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

HolmeZz
09-13-2007, 07:52 PM
They had 2 first round picks anyway I think.

Dylan
09-13-2007, 09:07 PM
If that's true, it's not good enough. There needs to be a suspension of some kind also.
I agree. Did you read how many coaches spoke to the media about similar incidences they had experienced with the Patriots? A couple of coaches interviewed lodged formal complaints against New England after a championship game. It's crazy. New England has an excellent team.

The Jaguars, San Diego, the Steelers, Detroit and Buffalo have also reportedly complained about their games against the Patriots last year. I found it interesting that other teams was never implicated.

It has yet to be seen how much this “scandal” will damage the Patriots greatest years in history. It may come down to public opinion.

Yours truly,

Michael Vick..................... :D

Skip Towne
09-13-2007, 09:12 PM
What 's Athan saying will happen? He's a good yardstick of what won't happen.

Dylan
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
LOL...
You guys are so funny. Thanks for the laughs!

HolmeZz
09-13-2007, 09:20 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
What 's Athan saying will happen? He's a good yardstick of what won't happen.

Nicholas Athan has not said a word on the issue of New England's cheating.

VonneMarie
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
OMG. LMAO LMAO LMAO

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
AH, what the hell.

Here's the Garv.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwcWeMubsXY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwcWeMubsXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Frazod
09-13-2007, 09:57 PM
AH, what the hell.

Here's the Garv.

When he mentioned Pennington and Manning in the same sentence, well, uh..... :spock:

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
When he mentioned Pennington and Manning in the same sentence, well, uh..... :spock:
Fraz, it's called sarcasm. you have that in Illinois? ;)

Dylan
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
HolmeZz
ROFL

Frazod
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Fraz, it's called sarcasm. you have that in Illinois? ;)

Oh come on, he meant that shit. It's sarcasm when you say it. That dude clearly thinks Noodleton is in the same league with Manning. I hate St. Manning as much as the next guy, but that's crazy.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh come on, he meant that shit. It's sarcasm when you say it. That dude clearly thinks Noodleton is in the same league with Manning. I hate St. Manning as much as the next guy, but that's crazy.
I'm being serious! LMAO

That video is a joke!

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
AH, what the hell.

Here's the Garv.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwcWeMubsXY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwcWeMubsXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I have new respect for Jets fans.