PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin reunite for one show. No tour.

memyselfI
09-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm sort of relieved in a way. There is no way they'd be able to please everyone and this way they remain elusive gods. :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20739983/?GT1=10357

LONDON - Rock legends Led Zeppelin were set to announce a one-off comeback concert on Wednesday nearly three decades after disbanding.

The group split in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham and have performed only a handful of reunion gigs, last taking the stage 12 years ago at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Music Web site NME.com reported the show will be held in November in London.

Bonhamís son Jason is expected to wield the drum sticks for the band known to many fans simply as Zep.

Rounding out Led Zeppelin, rated the best ever hard-rock band by U.S. channel VH1, would be its classic founding trio of singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones.

NME.com said it would be a one-off show, not a full-fledged reunion tour.

Plant and Page have joined forces over the years, notably on an album in 1994, but Jones has been more distant. When Bonham passed away after a long battle with alcoholism, his bandmates said Led Zeppelin, formed in 1968, had died with him.

November is the scheduled release month for a greatest hits collection from the band.

The reunion gig is slated for Londonís 02 Arena, which has a capacity of 20,000.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
No Pay Per View??

chasedude
09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Did they raise John Bonham from the dead?

alpha_omega
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
No Pay Per View??

Yep, now that is something i might actually pay for.

A Zeppelin reunion concert has way more value to me than boxing or Wrestlemaniawhatever.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM

A Zeppelin reunion concert has way more value to me than boxing or Wrestlemaniawhatever.

oh yeah - this would set some kind of pay-per-view record I would bet...

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM

I would love to see it. Wrestlemania? LMAO

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm sort of relieved in a way. .

Your relieved? LMAO The greatest band ever and your chance to see them one more time. Their not coming and you're relieved, OK.

Dartgod
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Your relieved? LMAO The greatest band ever and your chance to see them one more time. Their not coming and you're relieved, OK.
Hell, how do you think Robert Plant feels, now that he knows he doesn't have to come anywhere closer than a few thousand miles to this stalker?

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Hell, how do you think Robert Plant feels, now that he knows he doesn't have to come anywhere closer than a few thousand miles to this stalker?

Some things are just not worth the money. LMAO

eazyb81
09-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.

I would probably give my right nut to see Zep play live.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
hopefully Phil Collins isn't sitting in.

StcChief
09-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Glad I didn't have to....

I thought this might be a one shot promo thing for their Album release.

memyselfI
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM

I would give anything to see them live again too..

but it would be THEM. It would be minus one of their core members and some would say the soul of the band. Certainly the band felt that way and that is why they felt it was not in their interest to continue onward after Bonzo's death.

Even if his heir apparent sits in it's still not the same band they were in their hay day. Robert can't hit all the high notes any more and they certainly are not going to jump around the stage and resemble anything remotely close to what we know and love about the band. Nothing they do will come close to what they gave us just a few years ago with their release of the DVD footage on the 'How the West Was Won' DVD.

I'd love to see them perform again. But having seen Page and Plant together and apart perform numerous times over the past few years I'm not deluded into thinking it will be anything like what we remember of the Hammers of the Gods.

It will be different. That is not to say it will be bad. It just won't be the same. And as much as I would love for them to be together again it's not possible. So, minus what they had, I'm not really sure I want what they don't have if it's called the same because it's not the same.

I guess I treasure the mystique and the memories more than I do a chance to see something else. I'm stuck between the 'what is and what should never be...'

tk13
09-12-2007, 01:55 PM
hopefully Phil Collins isn't sitting in.
BAH! Maybe Jimmy Page won't be plastered off his ass! :)

Dartgod
09-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I would give anything to see them live again too..

but it would be THEM. It would be minus one of their core members and some would say the soul of the band. Certainly the band felt that way and that is why they felt it was not in their interest to continue onward after Bonzo's death.

Even if his heir apparent sits in it's still not the same band they were in their hay day. Robert can't hit all the high notes any more and they certainly are not going to jump around the stage and resemble anything remotely close to what we know and love about the band. Nothing they do will come close to what they gave us just a few years ago with their release of the DVD footage on the 'How the West Was Won' DVD.

I'd love to see them perform again. But having seen Page and Plant together and apart perform numerous times over the past few years I'm not deluded into thinking it will be anything like what we remember of the Hammers of the Gods.

It will be different. That is not to say it will be bad. It just won't be the same. And as much as I would love for them to be together again it's not possible. So, minus what they had, I'm not really sure I want what they don't have if it's called the same because it's not the same.

I guess I treasure the mystique and the memories more than I do a chance to see something else. I'm stuck between the 'what is and what should never be...'
How long before Duh-nese posts a "Leave Led Zeppelin ALONE!" video on You Tube?

Ozark Ozzy
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
If true, these tickets are going to be more expensive than Super Bowl duckets.

tk13
09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
If true, these tickets are going to be more expensive than Super Bowl duckets.
From what I understood, they're supposed to be about $255 a piece, and they'll be sold by ballot. Not totally sure how that works, I guess you have to be selected to be able to buy.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-12-2007, 10:46 PM
BAH! Maybe Jimmy Page won't be plastered off his ass! :)

lol... with like 3 hot jailbait chicks standing on the side of the stage waiting for him.

tk13
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070913/ts_afp/entertainmentbritainmusicledzeppelin_070913143722

Twenty million fans bid for Led Zeppelin comeback tickets
Thu Sep 13, 11:42 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - About 20 million fans have tried to get tickets for Led Zeppelin's one-off comeback concert, a spokesman for the gig said Thursday.

The rock legends are reforming for a tribute concert at London's O2 Arena on November 26. The former Millennium Dome venue in Greenwich can hold up to 20,000 people.

The three surviving members of the hard-rocking British band are to play together for the first time in 19 years in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of the Atlantic Records label, who signed the group in 1968.

About 80,000 fans per minute are trying to register for tickets at the www.ahmettribute.com website, said Internet service provider Pipex.

Demand for the 125-pound tickets also crashed the O2 Arena website.

"The message is to be patient. The website will be open until midday on September 17 for anyone wanting to register," said a spokesman for the concert.

"It is not 'first come, first served' and all successful applicants will be entered into the ballot for tickets to be drawn at random."

Led Zeppelin split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham, who famously choked on his own vomit following a drinking binge.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, with Bonham's son Jason on drums, will headline the gig.

The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, rock band Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also play at the tribute from British artists who worked with Istanbul-born Ertegun.

Since Bonham's death, the remaining three have reunited only twice before, to play the 1985 Live Aid concert in Philadelphia and an Atlantic Records anniversary gig in 1988.

Led Zeppelin have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide.

The band were not keen on releasing singles, but their best-known songs include "Stairway to Heaven", "Kashmir", "Whole Lotta Love", "Rock 'n' Roll", "Nobody's Fault but Mine" and "Communication Breakdown".

Halfcan
09-13-2007, 07:28 PM
They must have found J P Jone's number finally.

Does anyone get that??

tk13
11-02-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/o2_pressrelease.html

It's been postponed to December 10th. Jimmy Page fractured his finger.

headsnap
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
a packed Arena with a parking lot full of Cadillacs...

JohninGpt
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/o2_pressrelease.html

...Jimmy Page fractured his finger.
Something to do with a Red Snapper...

Halfcan
11-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Zep should tour the world again-fill their bank accounts with another billion dollars and then record some new stuff.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Zep should tour the world again-fill their bank accounts with another billion dollars and then record some new stuff.

No shit... :clap:

They are one of about three or four bands that I'd pay MAJOR money to see again.....Live.

:hmmm:

Halfcan
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM

They are one of about three or four bands that I'd pay MAJOR money to see again.....Live.

You and 20 million others.

I have seen about every band-including Plant Page a few times. I am going against the trend and going with cheaper concerts and new bands instead of paying good money to hacks like VH that should have stayed in rehab.

I am seeing Sammy Hagar for free-my friend won free tickets.

JohninGpt
11-02-2007, 10:01 PM

I'd love to see Zep, but hell, I'd shell out a few bucks to see Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers togather again also. I loved The Firm back in my HS days.

Halfcan
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw Plant page for $20 bucks-now they want $500 a ticket???????

Who are the dumbasses paying this??

Wa-Z
11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
I saw Plant page for $20 bucks-now they want $500 a ticket???????

Who are the dumbasses paying this??

People that were fans back when they were young and are rich now! :)

siberian khatru
11-03-2007, 01:28 AM
I wonder if this is still on with the new December date:

Rick Wakeman will be joining Keith Emerson, Chris Squire and Simon Kirke to warm up the crowd for Led Zeppelin's reunion gig at the new O2 venue in London on 26th November.

http://www.rwcc.com/live.asp