PDA

View Full Version : The Effect Of Our Right Drunk End

FAX
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game due to geographical limitations, so I thought I'd post this question in the hope that you guys might shed some light on this hypothetical mystery wrapped in an enigma and stuffed in a Giant Toad's anal cavity.

I'm wondering about how much Jared Allen would have changed the game in Houston. If Schaub had landed on his ass a few times, would that have made a significant difference? Could JA have gotten to him? Would he have been a factor in run defense?

I'm curious about this and why women have to have so many damned clothes.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

siberian khatru
09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Only if JA had forced a couple of fumbles that were returned for touchdowns.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Yeah, the defense honestly didn't kill us that bad, it was the offense and special teams turnovers.

The defense, at the end of the day, held the Texans to 13 points. That's without Allen.

That's a good day's work. It's up to the offense to prevent so many of those turnovers from happening.

Edit: And, by the way, score.

Radar Chief
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Only if JA had forced a couple of fumbles that were returned for touchdowns.

Pretty much.
Wilkerson basically disappeared, not necessarily a bad thing, but unless our defense could’ve scored it would have been the same song with a different chorus.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
He is so ready to be back, he said he doesn't want to watch football for the next 10 years!

Baby Lee
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the defense honestly didn't kill us that bad, it was the offense and special teams turnovers.

The defense, at the end of the day, held the Texans to 13 points. That's without Allen.

That's a good day's work. It's up to the offense to prevent so many of those turnovers from happening.

Edit: And, by the way, score.
7 of which came on a blown coverage JA couldn't have done squat about.
And another 3 of which came with the ball turned over already in FG range.

FAX
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I guess I was thinking about field position, momentum killing sacks, snuffing out the long drive in the 3rd quarter (?), requiring a double team, turnovers, you know ... stuff like that.

FAX

Chest Rockwell
09-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I guess I was thinking about field position, momentum killing sacks, snuffing out the long drive in the 3rd quarter (?), requiring a double team, turnovers, you know ... stuff like that.FAX

Initially, I kinda had the same reaction as everybody else to this, which was it wouldn't have mattered. Then when I looked at the stats Wilkerson and McBride combined for a grand total of 1 tackle and 2 assists, and I don't remember either of them ever really applying any pressure.

I gotta believe Tipsy McStagger would have done much better than that. That said, unless he had turned in a HUGE effort I don't think it would have drastically altered the outcome. Like others have pointed out, the defense wasn't really the problem, and his replacements weren't exploited terribly.

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
1) It would have helped, of course, but they still got some pressure on Schaub... Alfonso Boone had some fantastic plays including a sack for a 20 yard loss or something ridiculous.

2) Because they're small-minded and superficial.

Chest Rockwell
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
... Alfonso Boone had some fantastic plays including a sack for a 20 yard loss or something ridiculous.

IMO, this is probably where the real question lies. How much bigger a game could Boone potentially have had with JA in there?

FAX
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
IMO, this is probably where the real question lies. How much bigger a game could Boone potentially have had with JA in there?

That's exactly the sort of thing I wonder about, Mr. Chest Rockwell. JA is a player the enemy has to account for. Ideally, he at least draws some of the blocking scheme off the middle when he's in there.

FAX

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I thought he was our RIGHT DRUNK END.

FAX
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I thought he was our RIGHT DRUNK END.

I'm on offense.

EDIT: Okay okay, I fixed it. And, the Mr. Skip Towne jokes are about to begin, by the way and by God.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
I guess I was thinking about field position, momentum killing sacks, snuffing out the long drive in the 3rd quarter (?), requiring a double team, turnovers, you know ... stuff like that.

FAX

I think he could have provided more pressure than what was applied. Schaub had a little too much time back there seemed to me.

talastan
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I think that 77yd pass completion to Andre would have been a lot more difficult for Schaub to complete had JA been chasing his ass in the backfield!

MOhillbilly
09-12-2007, 12:53 PM
atleast well have something to get excited about this season.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I must admit the only time i got my ass of the couch after Medlock's miss were those two plays in a row by Alphonso...so I will be happy if we can at least kick some ass on defence - make somebody hurt other than the loyal KC fan base!

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2007, 02:07 PM
**** designated drivers.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 02:07 PM
defense was decent .... wilkerson was decent.

jared allen would of helped

but the offense was the real problem

Rausch
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
atleast well have something to get excited about this season.

I'm very excited about this year's defense. We've added a lot of talent, and a lot of young talent. We should be better each and every week as long as our offense doesn't keep hanging our D out to dry.

Herm needs to quit babying LJ and use him to move the football. Bennett even played a helluva' game last week. I could swear I saw him lower his shoulder and run OVER someone but it's more likely I was seeing things due to the incredibly low amount of alcohol in my system...

Demonpenz
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
bennett trucked one guy. I think the deback thought bennete was going for a juke...nope he went truckin

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm very excited about this year's defense. We've added a lot of talent, and a lot of young talent. We should be better each and every week as long as our offense doesn't keep hanging our D out to dry.

Herm needs to quit babying LJ and use him to move the football. Bennett even played a helluva' game last week. I could swear I saw him lower his shoulder and run OVER someone but it's more likely I was seeing things due to the incredibly low amount of alcohol in my system...
and if LJ gets hurt because he didn't get enough work in camp?

btw - Bennett did run over somebody .... more than once. He had a good game.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
"more likely I was seeing things due to the incredibly low amount of alcohol in my system..."

My advice to you is to ensure that last Sunday is the last time that you allow that to happen this year or by week 10 you will be found curled up in an alley shaking uncontrollably and muttering, "the kid's gonna be OK, the kid's gonna be OK, the kid's gonna be OK......"

I personally will be ensuring, with a breathalizer, that I am over .10 by two hours before gametime.....and accelerating.

keg in kc
09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Unless he can throw passes, he would have had absolutely no meaningful impact on the game.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
The defense really only gave up 10 points...unfortunately the offense gave houston another 10. i doubt allen would have helped.