PDA

View Full Version : i am out of ideas

Demonpenz
09-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I have gone down to time warner changed my cable modem changed my router change my network card and I still get slow connection. The strange thing is it will connect fine for a couple minutes when i boot up then it goes to shit. I have run every spyware shit you can. adware, spy bot and nothing seems to help. I can't find my original cd's because i don't care what I delete i want to start over. anyone else have idea's

KC-TBB
09-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Firmly grasp sledgehammer swing over head and quickly bring it down upon the old anchor...reach in pocket, take out Visa, call TigerDirect...other then that, I'm sure you've tried it.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Change out your COAX cables if they are RG-59. Get RG-6. Make sure it is not running through any splitters, and if they are, make it a high quality 2 way 1000 mhz low db loss splitter.

kaplin42
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I am not a neccessarily a Pro-cable or Pro-DSL guy, but take a look at your neighborhood. Are you near a college or something that would require a lot of people on line?

Cable internet shares your bandwith with everyone that is around you that also has cable. Cable, theoreticaly has a much greater possible bandwith than DSL, but because everyone and there mother is using it, it turns out to be a little slower in some areas. I had time warner and lived near a university, I was getting slower speeds then dial up. I switched to DSL and new get consistantly higher speeds.

Demonpenz
09-12-2007, 05:27 PM
i am in a really part of kansas city. I don't know if anyone has running water let alone ninternet down here.

Valiant
09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I have the same, there is nothing with your equipment it is in the lines that run to your house or to your area.. You just have to get one of the few competent installers that will look into that..

My internet would drop for 5-10 minutes for some reason where I got no connection but yet will still show 100mps..

He changed the lines and it only happens a few times a day now.. Still need him to fix it so I can play some damn fps online without dieing so much because of it..

KCChiefsMan
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I am not a neccessarily a Pro-cable or Pro-DSL guy, but take a look at your neighborhood. Are you near a college or something that would require a lot of people on line?

Cable internet shares your bandwith with everyone that is around you that also has cable. Cable, theoreticaly has a much greater possible bandwith than DSL, but because everyone and there mother is using it, it turns out to be a little slower in some areas. I had time warner and lived near a university, I was getting slower speeds then dial up. I switched to DSL and new get consistantly higher speeds.

I'm gonna have to say something about the college theory. I used to live a couple of blocks from KU's campus and my internet was fine.