PDA

View Full Version : Damn the Torpedoes! Chiefs Will Upset Bears!

KCJohnny
09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
The Bears have their own offensive problems.
If Rex plays like, well, bad REX, this game is entirely winnable on a kick return, interception run back or (*gasp*) an actual scoring drive. If Jared Allen was on the field, I'd feel even more froggy about this game.

The Bears media have dubbed this game 'a bye week'. :cuss:

I'm with Tony Gonzales:
"That wasn't the real Chiefs team out there today. At least, I don't think it is," said tight end Tony Gonzalez, who caught five passes for 28 yards. "We're still in the process of figuring out who we are. When we do that, we'll be a better team than we were last year, and we were a playoff team last year."

The 2000 Chiefs offense started off flat and ineffective. They lost their tailback and starting FB in week 1. They finished with the NFL's 5th best passing attack. They had to find an offensive identity based on their personnel group, not necessarily their playbook.

I agree with TG. Maybe this O will surprise us by mid-season. I am convinced with Donnie Edwards and Jared Allen in red, we will have a LOT of takeaways this season. While I am not a fan of Hermyball, I AM a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I think #88 knows more about the real potential of this team than all of us.

Chiefs 14, Bears 10.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/CHIEFSRAMS1_SP_110506_DRE_401f.jpg
(http://[/img]</div)

FAX
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
America!!! **** yeah!!!

FAX

cdcox
09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
...Tony Gonzalez, who caught five passes for 28 yards...

wooo hoooo

Mecca
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Tony Gonzalez, he's still the best TE in the game......oh wait.

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
America!!! **** yeah!!!

FAXTony Gonzales definitely deserves some pie, that guy is a f*ckin soldier.

KCJohnny
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Bears last week:

202 yds total offense
22:57 TOP
4 fumbles (3 lost)
1 INT

Look guys, I think Gunther will be going after Rex. I just wish Jared was in there. These guys are beatable. I think our D is as good as the Bolts.

Valiant
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Chiefs 14, Bears 10.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/CHIEFSRAMS1_SP_110506_DRE_401f.jpg
(http://[/img]</div)

4 FG's and a Safety???

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Tony Gonzales definitely deserves some pie, that guy is a f*ckin soldier.

Fax's quote is from the movie "Team America: World Police". It's an absolutely hysterical movie from the South Park guys.

The unedited version is insane.

KCJohnny
4 FG's and a Safety???

I'll take it! :clap:

DMAC
Hardly any QB's have bad games against us. Not even backups. Hell, backups do even better.

RustShack
09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
We win 10-0!!!

Deberg_1990
09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Chiefs have been horrible on the road the past 6 or 7 years. I see nothing about this years squad that would change that.

I smell a rout.

Bears 33 Chiefs 7

The Bad Guy
09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Bears last week:

202 yds total offense
22:57 TOP
4 fumbles (3 lost)
1 INT

Look guys, I think Gunther will be going after Rex. I just wish Jared was in there. These guys are beatable. I think our D is as good as the Bolts.

They played the Chargers, who have a much better D than we do, on the road.

KCJohnny
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Chiefs have been horrible on the road the past 6 or 7 years. I see nothing about this years squad that would change that.

I smell a rout.

Bears 33 Chiefs 7

That is certainly a more likely scenario, and the conventional wisdom to be sure. I just have a gut feeling about this one and a lot more faith in Gonzo about what this team is REALLY capable of being/doing.

BigVE
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I made a "we are going to win" prediction last week...not this week. Bears 21 KC 13

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Fax's quote is from the movie "Team America: World Police". It's an absolutely hysterical movie from the South Park guys.

I know I saw the movie with my son.

Valiant
09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
That is certainly a more likely scenario, and the conventional wisdom to be sure. I just have a gut feeling about this one and a lot more faith in Gonzo about what this team is REALLY capable of being/doing.

Well good luck in your gut feeling... I would rather have your gut feeling then what my brain tells me about that game..

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM
They played the Chargers, who have a much better D than we do, on the road.Don't mess with his fantasy life, Gunther is teh God, he sent KCJohnny a care package you know.

ChiefaRoo
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I know I saw the movie with my son.

Did he have to explain it to you? :) :)

SNR
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Tony Gonzalez, he's still the best TE in the game......oh wait.Antonio Gates is nothing more than an oversized WR.

Yes, Tony Gonzalez is the best TE in the NFL. He's one of the better blocking TEs in the NFL, and is probably the most athletic TE in the game. I haven't seen Gates break Tony. Ever.

He's #2 in terms of pass-catching. He's also slower than Gates. Other than that, he's the more complete player.

He's the best. This isn't fantasy football. That would be like saying Stephen Jackson is the 2nd best RB in all of football, when that's painfully not true.

beer bacon
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
We are going to get our asses kicked, but it won't be because of the offense. Our defense won't suck. **** yeah!

Mecca
09-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Wait Jackson isn't the 2nd best RB? Since when? I'd also rather have Gates, his blocking is good enough and his receiving game is incredible.

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Did he have to explain it to you? :) :)No, and if that is your idea of an insult you need to work on your repetoire.

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Wait Jackson isn't the 2nd best RB? Since when? I'd also rather have Gates, his blocking is good enough and his receiving game is incredible.

Gates also is much further from the end of his career.

beer bacon
09-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I heard Gates used to play basketball.

Ozark Ozzy
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM

Stephen Jackson had the incredible finish and the amazing yards from scrimmage performance last year, but I agree, he hasn't played at that high of a level for an extended period of time to say he's second best. That's simply a fantasy rating. He fumbled twice in his first game this year which is more in line with his 2004-05 self. The final six games of a season don't make a career either.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
So who's 2nd then.....

Logical
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
So who's 2nd then.....

Whoever it is, it is not LJ.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 09:07 PM

That's basically what I was thinking...

Skip Towne
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
No, and if that is your idea of an insult you need to work on your repetoire.
Haven't you run into this imbecile? He isn't very smart. He's from Wichita. He tried to get out when he moved to Lawrence but Lawrence regurgitated him. So he moved back in with mommy.

Dartgod
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you're wrong. Tell me why is isn't #2.

Dave Lane
09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
"That wasn't the real Chiefs team out there today. At least, I don't think it is,"

KCJohnny
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Sippio can work inside as can Bowe. These are big bodies that can also block. Its almost like 3 TE sets (4 counting KW as H-back). Hopefully Parker can stretch the field on play action and create some throwing lanes. That said, I think Herm will be happy with 30+ rushing attempts anyway he can get them.

Hopefully Bowe or Parker will carry on the end around - EK could have easily gotten a 12 yd gain had he not pulled a hammy.

Even if we don't win, this could be qa confidence-building game as we square off on the road against the conference champs.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Parker doesn't stretch the field. No one is scared of him as a deep threat.

SNR
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Wait Jackson isn't the 2nd best RB? Since when? I'd also rather have Gates, his blocking is good enough and his receiving game is incredible.Larry Johnson is a better RB than Jackson.

Again, this isn't fantasy football, numbnuts.

the Talking Can
09-12-2007, 10:09 PM
actually, we probably will win...God has a sense of humor..a win would insure Huard starts all season, assure us 9-7, assure Croyle doesn't play, and assure we go into next year with the same questions as this year...yup, we're a lock to win....

ROYC75
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Chiefs 14, Bears 10.

I'll have whatever he's having ........... OK,Oh, and make it a double .

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Lovie and Herm have a deal in the works
try to kill each other's starting QB

ArrowheadHawk
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Lovie and Herm have a deal in the works
try to kill each other's starting QB
that may actually improve both teams

KCwolf
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
God I Love this place........optimism is muy bueno.
0-2 = playoffs last year......who the hell knows.
Was at the Houston game last week and thought the O was offensive and D was respectable and the special teams was better than expected........time will tell. Think Gunther has the D playing aggressive, think Solari has the O playing tentative and hoping that LJ has some help for the remainder of the season, or it will be a long one. BTW....Sammy Parker was actually decent week #1 - maybe a 1st.

ArrowheadHawk
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
God I Love this place........optimism is muy bueno.
0-2 = playoffs last year......who the hell knows.
Was at the Houston game last week and thought the O was offensive and D was respectable and the special teams was better than expected........time will tell. Think Gunther has the D playing aggressive, think Solari has the O playing tentative and hoping that LJ has some help for the remainder of the season, or it will be a long one. BTW....Sammy Parker was actually decent week #1 - maybe a 1st.
the only thing us chiefs fan have at this point in the season is hope, but with each loss that hope fades

Cochise
09-12-2007, 10:27 PM
If we win, the win now crowd will be out here with banners flying.

But it doesn't change the fact that the chiefs haven't been good on the road in my lifetime.

Bears 24
Chiefs 6

Deberg_1990
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Anybody checked to see if there are any Passion Parties in Chicago this weekend??

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Peterson already has an out
the renovations to Soldier field

Bill S Preston
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Sippio can work inside as can Bowe. These are big bodies that can also block. Its almost like 3 TE sets (4 counting KW as H-back). Hopefully Parker can stretch the field on play action and create some throwing lanes. That said, I think Herm will be happy with 30+ rushing attempts anyway he can get them.

Hopefully Bowe or Parker will carry on the end around - EK could have easily gotten a 12 yd gain had he not pulled a hammy.

Even if we don't win, this could be qa confidence-building game as we square off on the road against the conference champs.

Yeah, and Vincent Jackson is small and can't block right :rolleyes:

I think that LJ will get more rushing yards than LT. He matches up better against the Bears defense. He'll take twenty five or so carries right up the ass, and eek out eighty yards or so. He'll break one or two for ten to fifteen yards. We'll max protect the entire game, and I think that Tony Gonzales will have a decent game. The offense still won't do more than two or three field goals, and I think Huard will have a fumble and two picks, and one of the wideouts will fumble at least once.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Larry Johnson is a better RB than Jackson.

Again, this isn't fantasy football, numbnuts.

you sir are correct.

3500 rushing yards 4200 total yards 40 total TD's the last 2 years....19 td's behind what most would describe as a horrible o-line last year...ya i'd like to see anyone argue a better runningback than LJ besides LT. simply incredible.

greg63
09-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Damn the Torpedoes! Chiefs Will Upset Bears!

That's right; just keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
LJ and Bennett in the backfield
hard up the gut
or flash to the side

bronco610
09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Uh, No Way the Chiefs win this !!!

boogblaster
09-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Chiefs by 7 17-10 ....

kcfanXIII
09-12-2007, 11:35 PM
**** the bears, we still lose

6-0

Ebolapox
09-12-2007, 11:38 PM
freedom isn't free.

no, there's a hefty f*ckin' fee

ChiefsFanatic
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM

Jesus Tittyfu*king Christ. What has the world come to when you have to explain that quote?

kcfanXIII
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
your optimism sickens me

SNR
09-12-2007, 11:48 PM
you sir are correct.

3500 rushing yards 4200 total yards 40 total TD's the last 2 years....19 td's behind what most would describe as a horrible o-line last year...ya i'd like to see anyone argue a better runningback than LJ besides LT. simply incredible.BUT STEPHEN JACKSON CATCH SOMETIME TOO LOL

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
you sir are correct.

3500 rushing yards 4200 total yards 40 total TD's the last 2 years....19 td's behind what most would describe as a horrible o-line last year...ya i'd like to see anyone argue a better runningback than LJ besides LT. simply incredible.

400+ carries will tend to change an opinion of a player...

Personally I'd rather have Jackson he's every bit as big, more versatile and younger.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:50 PM
BUT STEPHEN JACKSON CATCH SOMETIME TOO LOL

Yea versatility, what a jackass thing to have.

Logical
09-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I think you're wrong. Tell me why is isn't #2.

I think I will take RB on a team with an offense, thanks.

I would put Stephen Jackson ahead of LJ
I would put Frank Gore ahead of LJ
I would take Joseph Addai ahead of LJ

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:56 PM
If I was starting a team, I'd take Adrian Peterson before him too...

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
WE ARE GOING TO WI... uh, lose.

Dartgod
09-13-2007, 05:23 AM

This isn't about which team has a better offense. This is about who is a better running back. Put all three of those plus LJ behind the same OL and tell me who is best.

It's LJ in a landslide.

Dartgod
09-13-2007, 05:24 AM
If I was starting a team, I'd take Adrian Peterson before him too...
You'd take an unproven rookie over a back to back 1700 yard rusher?

The Bad Guy
09-13-2007, 06:11 AM

The first one I'll give you, the last 2 are complete nonsense that I won't even waste my time on arguing about.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-13-2007, 06:13 AM
I think the saying is MAN the torpedo's.

Jilly
09-13-2007, 06:19 AM
I like Gonzales' quote, but he said the same thing during preseason in an article in the Star. About it not being the same team, that the Chiefs will be better than last year, etc, etc. I'm willing to give it a few more games to prove that, but we play in the toughest division of the league, imo and our playoff game last year was a total long shot, so Gonzales, I'm kinda ready to see this team of which you speak.

StcChief
09-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Bears 23
Chiefs 10

the Talking Can
09-13-2007, 06:31 AM
is Rex Grossman the new Jeff George?

i.e. a choke artist

KCTitus
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
I truly love it...KC's looking like one of the worst clubs in the NFL and Proctor's all pumped.

KC's on the road, without an offense...Im hoping for at least 3...first downs.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Since we bellyflopped on a team that we had no business losing against last week, we will come up with a victory against a team we have no business beating this week. It's the way things go.

The Bears have no Offense. We have no Offense. The Bears have GREAT defense...and they are at home. We have good defense, and hopefully we are pissed.

I never predict a Chiefs loss...

Chiefs - 6
Bears - 3

Hopefully no injuries.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2007, 06:43 AM
I think the saying is MAN the torpedo's.

Nope, it's Damn the Torpedoes. As in:

"But sir, what about their torpedoes?"

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

On this day in 1864, Union warships under the command of Admiral David Glasgow Farragut stormed into Mobile Bay. One of the ships hit a mine (or a "torpedo," in the parlance of the day) and began to sink, whereupon the others began to retreat. But Farragut gave the order: "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" The Union ships rallied and won a great and important victory.

It's about having balls in the face of adversity.

TEX
09-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Chiefs 2

Bears 52

TEX
09-13-2007, 07:12 AM
I like Gonzales' quote, but he said the same thing during preseason in an article in the Star. About it not being the same team, that the Chiefs will be better than last year, etc, etc. I'm willing to give it a few more games to prove that, but we play in the toughest division of the league, imo and our playoff game last year was a total long shot, so Gonzales, I'm kinda ready to see this team of which you speak.

I don't think the AFC West isn't anything close to the AFC Central. We have 1 real good team in the Bolts. One average team in the Donx and 2 sorry teams in the Chiefs and Raiders. The Central has 3 good teams in the Bengals, Ravens, & Steelers, and one sorry team - the Browns.

KCJohnny
09-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Don't forget about the historical jinx on teams that go to the SB. Sometimes they have a hard time finishing at .500 in the following year. Not a hard and fast rule, but ya gotta work that mojo!

blueballs
09-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Schuab and the Texan offense was an unknown
little if any game film on Schuab
Rex and the Bears is a whole nother animal

SNR
09-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Yea versatility, what a jackass thing to have.A running back who runs like LJ does is far more valuable than a RB who's good at catching passes. Notice I said "good" not "great".

Jackson doesn't run like LJ. At all. And Addai and Gore over LJ?

Watch the running style for crying out loud. LJ is the toughest RB in the league to bring down.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-13-2007, 08:32 AM
A running back who runs like LJ does is far more valuable than a RB who's good at catching passes. Notice I said "good" not "great".

Watch the running style for crying out loud. LJ is the toughest RB in the league to bring down.

but, but jackson gets them a point per reception in thier fantasy leagues he must be better.

SNR
09-13-2007, 08:49 AM
I think Mecca is a medical miracle. He suffers from "reverse homerism", which instead makes him think every single player on the Chiefs sucks. He has low expectations for the team every year, believes any decision by the Chiefs to be the wrong one, and yet he keeps coming back for more as a fan.

This is more of the same. Saying Joseph Addai and Adrian Peterson are better backs than Larry Johnson because of one game doesn't strike him as being illogical or retarded. All it does is line up completely with the way his brain thinks about his favorite team in the NFL.

Dartgod
09-13-2007, 09:00 AM
A running back who runs like LJ does is far more valuable than a RB who's good at catching passes. Notice I said "good" not "great".

I asked for an explanation, but the only reason Mecca rates LJ lower is because he carried the ball 400+ times last year so he will suck this year.

:rolleyes:

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 09:05 AM
LJ is the toughest RB in the league to bring down.

Not with 10 guys in the box.

LJ may be a better RUNNER than the other guys mentioned, but he's not a better all-around back and ALL of them play in actual OFFENSES that allow them to succeed...

SNR
09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Not with 10 guys in the box.

LJ may be a better RUNNER than the other guys mentioned, but he's not a better all-around back and ALL of them play in actual OFFENSES that allow them to succeed...Uhh... no shit Sherlock.

Who is the BEST RB in the NFL? Meaning who is the RB you would want most on your team if you were starting a new franchise? LT would be first, and are you honestly telling me you'd rather have Stephen Jackson than Larry?

Assuming your offense isn't one-dimensional like the Chiefs is, it's plainly obvious that LJ is better than Jackson.

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Uhh... no shit Sherlock.

Who is the BEST RB in the NFL? Meaning who is the RB you would want most on your team if you were starting a new franchise? LT would be first, and are you honestly telling me you'd rather have Stephen Jackson than Larry?

Assuming your offense isn't one-dimensional like the Chiefs is, it's plainly obvious that LJ is better than Jackson.

OK, those are two completely different questions.

LJ is the best runner in the NFL.

But in your scenario, there's no way in hell I'd select LJ. I probably wouldn't take LT or Jackson either.

The #1 thing I'd look for, if I were starting a brand new franchise, is a RB that's YOUNG and has very little wear and tear.

CupidStunt
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
With Jared Allen and a more aggressive passing game, I could see a similar game to week two of last year (close, not a lot of scoring). Still a loss on the road, though.

Without Allen and with our current approach to offense, I can't see us staying within 2 TDs. I just don't see how it's done. I see LJ having some success but not enough to move the chains consistently. I see Huard having a sub-60 passer rating and the overall offense struggling to crack 200 yards.

Defensively, I think we'll do okay but will again struggle with field position and time of possession. Come the second half, I can't see them playing strong with such a terrible offensive showing on the other side. Without Allen, we'll struggle to break their protection to get to Grossman, and underrate him all you will but the guy can make plays down the field to receivers who will have no problems with our slow and/or inexperienced corners.

Special teams is also going to be a downfall. Can Drummond do shit? Is Rayner going to make kicks in Chicago? And can we again cover the punts and kicks against elite speed?

Mecca, Logical... morons. You really don't know shit about football. And Mecca, save the bullshit "realist" comeback. I'm more of a REAList than you'll ever be. LJ > the NFL, outside of Tomlinson.

Micjones
09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
The Chiefs aren't a great road team.
The last decent team we beat on the road was the St. Louis Rams last season.

I do think we'll settle in offensively and be much more successful offensively as the season goes on. Not having Allen will hurt us in this game though.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I like the comments. It puts added pressure on Grossman. It could affect him either way. He can go out one week with a 10 QB rating and a 130 the next week. KC's D needs to get in his head somehow on the first drive.

suds79
09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm going to again stand by this....

I will keep picking KC to lose on the road until they can prove otherwise.

They're terrible on the road and we're missing our best defensive player.

Chiefs 10 , Bears 20

Calcountry
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Peterson already has an out
the renovations to Soldier fieldThe old soldier field, now that was REAL fooball. This new thing, that's arena ball.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
The old soldier field, now that was REAL fooball. This new thing, that's arena ball.

Great...then we ARE screwed.../Herm

Rausch
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm going to again stand by this....

I will keep picking KC to lose on the road until they can prove otherwise.

Way to go out on a limb there Kreskin... :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Huard's going to fold against their defense. I can see this being a blow-out. I hope I'm wrong.