PDA

View Full Version : Will LJ get 50 yards rushing against da Bears?

Logical
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Vote your true beliefs...

Also will the offense have more than 150 total yards, (no poll) answer below.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 08:58 PM
He won't get 30.

CHENZ A!
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
more like five hundred

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
He won't get 30.
geesh ...... from one extreme to the other

so is this the "go to negative extreme attention whore" or "go to the negative extreme reverse mojo" move?

Simply Red
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Are you crazy mofo LJ is da shit, he be jammin ginst dem Bears

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
geesh ...... from one extreme to the other

so it this the "go to negative extreme attention whore" or "go to the negative extreme reverse mojo" move?

Eat me. This is an honest opinion.

Fishpicker
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
98 yards on 16 carries

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Man, I don't think so.

They held LT to 25, even though...

1. LT is the better RB.
2. The game wasn't even in Chicago.
3. San Diego has an elite OL and an open offense.

So no. I don't think LJ will get any room to move whatsoever.

penchief
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
He'll get at least 20 carries. That equates to 2.5 ypc. I'll take that bet. He's bound to bust a 12 or 15 yarder in those 20 carries.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Eat me. This is an honest opinion.

similar to the answer you give people who dared doubt LJ or suggest the team might be better off in the long run by trading Johnson.

only if memory serves your response was "die bitch, die" or something like that.

SBK
09-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Da Bears lost another DT this week. I think he'll get 50, but I don't think he's going for 100.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
similar to the answer you give people who dared doubt LJ or suggest the team might be better off in the long run by trading Johnson.

only if memory serves your response was "die bitch, die" or something like that.

Stop riding my ass.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Man with Logic, Mecca, and gochiefs saying it wont happen, normally that means it will be the opposite.

SNR
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, only because the Chiefs are more one-dimensional than the Chargers. We'll give him the touches to go over 50. Dunno what that will equate to, though.

evolve27
09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
60 yards rushing, 35 receiving. 190 yards passing for Huey, our receivers are too talented not to get yards at Soldier.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Stop riding my ass.
then stop the double standard

when you think something bad it's "your honest opinion"

when someone else does the same they're a "teh moran and should just die"

when you think something good about a player it's you taking the responsible, intelligent position.

when someone else does they are just being "stupid fan"

Hard knocks shows something you agree with ..... it's a viable source of information.

Hard knocks shows something you don't agree with .... then people are just "buying media hype"

so stop being such an arrogant prick who thinks the rules revolve around them and i'll "stop riding your ass".

i bet others will to

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM

No, you see, he's allowed to switch from homer to realist any time he wants with impugnity, while you are not.

KCFalcon59
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
then stop the double standard

when you think something bad it's "your honest opinion"

when someone else does the same they're a "teh moran and should just die"

when you think something good about a player it's you taking the responsible, intelligent position.

when someone else does they are just being "stupid fan"

Hard knocks shows something you agree with ..... it's a viable source of information.

Hard knocks shows something you don't agree with .... then people are just "buying media hype"

so stop being such an arrogant prick who thinks the rules revolve around them and i'll "stop riding your ass".

i bet others will to

LOL...you are such a moron. None of that is true.

There's no double standard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Man, I don't think so.

They held LT to 25, even though...

1. LT is the better RB.
2. The game wasn't even in Chicago.
3. San Diego has an elite OL and an open offense.

So no. I don't think LJ will get any room to move whatsoever.

so, by that logic they will hold every back in the league this season under 50 yards??? i know thier D is good, but cmon now. after getting only 10 carries last week LJ will likely get 25-30 carries whic means he goes over 50 for sure.

RustShack
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
at LEAST 100 yards AND a TD

penchief
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm predicting a break out game for our offense.

KC Tattoo
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
LJ is going to put it on his shoulders this game. He will get plenty of carries and yards and a TD or two. Unfortunatly The Bears are going to run P.A.P. and Rex fn Grossman is going to torch our D it is going to be Rex day in Chicago.

If we could learn P.A.P. then we could score more TDs than the other team. The QB has to be able to throw downfield.

With out Jared Allen our D is in trouble. With Huard our O is dead in the water. I do think LJ is going to have a good day but is it enough?

I hope our new kicker can kick to the back of the endzone and not let Hester run one back.

dj56dt58
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
if Mcintosh plays the whole game...yeah

I think he'll break a big run of at least 30

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Honestly....we'll be behind by so many points in the third quarter, I hope they just take LJ out.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
LOL...you are such a moron. None of that is true.

There's no double standard.
yep, i'm a moron because gochiefs says so.

beer bacon
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
It depends on whether or not we turn the ball over early. If we keep the game close he will get plenty of carries at around 4.0 ypc. The Bears aren't as strong against the run as they showed last week, and they lost a DT and a good run-stuffing safety last week.

RustShack
09-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Honestly....we'll be behind by so many points in the third quarter, I hope they just take LJ out.

You really think their defense is going to score that much?

beer bacon
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
This is actually the type of game where we should play ultra-conservative. Don't turn the ball over, give LJ 30 carries, and hope our defense gets some TOs.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
You really think their defense is going to score that much?

I'm assuming you mean OFFENSE...and yes. Without Jared Allen our pass rush STINKS. It'll probably be 21-3 in the third quarter at best, maybe 21-7 if we're lucky....they'll probably keep LJ in if the score is that close, but if we're down by more, just take him out. No need to risk him.

penchief
09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
This is actually the type of game where we should play ultra-conservative. Don't turn the ball over, give LJ 30 carries, and hope our defense gets some TOs.

Maybe we can catch Grossman on one of his horrible days. Wouldn't that be great?

RustShack
I'm assuming you mean OFFENSE...and yes. Without Jared Allen our pass rush STINKS. It'll probably be 21-3 in the third quarter at best, maybe 21-7 if we're lucky....they'll probably keep LJ in if the score is that close, but if we're down by more, just take him out. No need to risk him.

No I meant DEFENSE, because their offense will score 1 TD at the most on us.

beer bacon

This is just plain stupid.

TinyEvel
09-12-2007, 09:41 PM

I think we'll hold CHI to 17

Count Zarth
Maybe we can catch Grossman on one of his horrible days. Wouldn't that be great?

To do that we'd need to pressure him. Did you see Houston's average offensive line negate our pass rush last week?

beer bacon

If I was Gunther I would blitz the crap out of him early and hope he goes into one of his slides.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
No I meant DEFENSE, because their offense will score 1 TD at the most on us.

Our defense is gonna be on the field all game again. We'll turn it over a couple times, short field...I'll be surprised if Chicago doesn't score AT LEAST 28 points.

beer bacon
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
To do that we'd need to pressure him. Did you see Houston's average offensive line negate our pass rush last week?

Our pass rush fell off in the second half, but I actually thought we got good heat on Schaub in the first half.

RustShack
09-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Our defense is gonna be on the field all game again. We'll turn it over a couple times, short field...I'll be surprised if Chicago doesn't score AT LEAST 28 points.

I guess your in for quite a surprise then.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I actually thought we got good heat on Schaub in the first half.

That's why he was 9 out of 14 for 156 yards.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I guess your in for quite a surprise then.

I hope so. People are kidding themselves if they think Chicago has a bad offense. They don't. It's quite good.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 09:47 PM
chicago's offense is good when the defense gets them takeaways and gives them short fields. protect the ball and KC will keep it close.

evolve27
09-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Berrian will explode against our slow corners.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Berrian will explode against our slow corners.

Yep. We better start off playing the safeties back or Berrian will rape us. The Bears look to go deep early.

Course then Benson will just start running all over us. Better hope for a fumble or six.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Samie will be blocking
Urlacker will be cramping

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
more like five hundred

That's the spirit, buddy!

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry but the Bears offense isn't that much better than the Texans offense. Grossman is no better than Schaub, and might even be worse considering his propensity for bone-headed mistakes. The Chicago WR corps isn't terribly impressive, and no matter how people build-up Berrian, he's no Andre Johnson.

Benson's a good runner but he's not elite. He's about as solid as the Green/Dayne combo we saw in Houston.

The BIG difference between these two offenses is Chicago's monster OL. They're solid at T, they're solid in the interior. Greg Olsen's also a pretty scary TE, but our LBs are elite in coverage. OL is the huge advantage the Bears have.

But again, that's not where they're going to kill us.

They're going to kill us with their D. They're going to stack the line, focus 95% on LJ and limit him to sub 50 yards on 20-some carries. They're going to force Huard to pass and our OL won't be able to hold back the pass rush. We're looking at another 4-TO game, two fumbles two INTs maybe. And that's going to put their offense in prime position.

But their offense isn't what I fear. The Chiefs face two better offenses in their own division and typically handle them fairly well.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Peterson can Wilkerson/Hali
some good mormon smack

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Samie will be blocking
Urlacker will be cramping
God, I've been waiting on Bowe to lay out a LB since we drafted him.

If he puts Urlacher or Briggs on their ass, ****ing A.

evolve27
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Berrian will rape us.

Yeah, no matter how good we look stopping Benson from going over close to the century mark.

evolve27
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
God, I've been waiting on Bowe to lay out a LB since we drafted him.

If he puts Urlacher or Briggs on their ass, ****ing A.

I'll take back all my negativity if this happens.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll take back all my negativity if this happens.
No kidding, bud. Back where those LBs rome is where Bowe eats.

Once he gets more situated and our offense starts clicking, Solari will call a more open offense that will involve blocking receivers to make their mark on the opposing team. One of Bowe's positives in the draft was that he has a history of "hunting down LBs," which just gives me a hard-on if he can translate it to the NFL.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Did anyone hear Lenny on 810 monday
said they had trouble calming Bowe down
was "nervous as a cat" -rookie jitters

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, no matter how good we look stopping Benson from going over close to the century mark.
I honestly don't think Benson's the main concern, it's our fairly good DL versus their very good OL.

Benson's nothing this defense can't handle. If he goes over 100 I'll be very surprised.

Chicago's offense won't burn us unless they get a short field off turnovers. That'll translate to a fair offensive output for the Bears, but their yardage won't be too impressive.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
He wasn't expected to play that much
was calmed down latter on

evolve27
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I just want to see one of the most Jacked Up! mouth watering hits by this guy. Highly touted for blocking. This guy will leave it on the field having LB's/DB's bite the turf.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Did anyone hear Lenny on 810 monday
said they had trouble calming Bowe down
was "nervous as a cat" -rookie jitters
Didn't hear that, but that's part of the rookie experience. That's why you put Medlock out there for the entire season, get him a good volume of experience and then you can the guy if he can't pan out.

Jeez, this team drives me up the wall sometimes.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Bowe probably knew 3 routes
to run for the whole game
good experience -haha

evolve27
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I honestly don't think Benson's the main concern, it's our fairly good DL versus their very good OL.

Benson's nothing this defense can't handle. If he goes over 100 I'll be very surprised.

Chicago's offense won't burn us unless they get a short field off turnovers. That'll translate to a fair offensive output for the Bears, but their yardage won't be too impressive.

I hope so man, but the problem lies IMO with their O-line. That simply translates to trouble for our D.

Iowanian
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking he'll do alright for a couple of reasons.

The Bears lost 2 starters, Mike Brown and Dvorcheck.....The bears LBs are fast, but not real big, so I think LJ's power running game will be more successful than LT who is a dodger and spends alot of time outside the tackles.

The offensive line is going to have to man up and give him a crease.

Mark me down for 22 carries 101 yards, 5 receptions for 30.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
This is the type of game that LJ proves he deserved that contract.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
This is the type of game that LJ proves he deserved that contract.
Absolutely. I won't damn LJ if he can't make things happen, because he's got a lot of factors stacked against him right now, facing the league's best D.

But yeah, if he can pull out 100 yards on the ground when it matters most, he's proven every bit that he's one of the two best RBs, pulling that shit off with a bad OL against a great DL.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking he'll do alright for a couple of reasons.

The Bears lost 2 starters, Mike Brown and Dvorcheck.....The bears LBs are fast, but not real big, so I think LJ's power running game will be more successful than LT who is a dodger and spends alot of time outside the tackles.

The offensive line is going to have to man up and give him a crease.

Mark me down for 22 carries 101 yards, 5 receptions for 30.
I think that's a reasonable point of view, I just don't think it's going to happen.

The Chicago defense will play out of its mind for the home-opener, caring about absolutely nothing else on the Chiefs' offense but LJ, LJ, LJ. They want to keep him at 25 yards and they will be hyper aggressive trying to pull it off.

If you ask me, start the game with 5 passes. Get LJ going a little, and when he breaks his first big run, run a flea-flicker the very next play while the Bears D overreacts.

Mmmmmmm, wouldn't that be sweet.

Count Zarth
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I think that's a reasonable point of view, I just don't think it's going to happen.

The Chicago defense will play out of its mind for the home-opener, caring about absolutely nothing else on the Chiefs' offense but LJ, LJ, LJ. They want to keep him at 25 yards and they will be hyper aggressive trying to pull it off.

If you ask me, start the game with 5 passes. Get LJ going a little, and when he breaks his first big run, run a flea-flicker the very next play while the Bears D overreacts.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2552/when20pigs20fly203nv5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

evolve27
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM

When we resort to using trick plays will that mean we still have a chance at winning?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
this is a game the defense has to come up big. get them in 3rd and long and get some turnovers.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2552/when20pigs20fly203nv5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Well, since you've donned the anti-homer hat for this thread, I assume you're referring to the latter part of my post, and not the former.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
When we resort to using trick plays will that mean we still have a chance at winning?
I honestly believe the Chiefs will be "in" for almost the entire game.

This is going to be a low-scoring affair, 'less we see a plethora of pick-sixes.

blueballs
09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Goatcheese is suppose to be in teh know
Huard is not all that healthy is he

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I honestly believe the Chiefs will be "in" for almost the entire game.

This is going to be a low-scoring affair, 'less we see a plethora of pick-sixes.

agreed...shades of the week 2 game in denver last year??

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
agreed...shades of the week 2 game in denver last year??
I think that's a perfect comparison to what I'm anticipating.

KCwolf
09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Agreed PGM....just like Denver....Doom and Gloom prior to gametime......hopefully optimism to follow.

OctoberFart
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't know about 50 yds but probably 50 carries.

boogblaster
09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
50 yards fer sure .. smack-mouth football lets see if the Chiefs can play it ...

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Never call it "smack-mouth football," ever again.

Ever.

boogblaster
09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Smack-mouth Smack-mouth Smack-mouth...

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
This game is gonna be over by halftime...I wonder where the optimism will go then.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
This game is gonna be over by halftime...I wonder where the optimism will go then.
To see you believe the Chiefs will have this game out of reach by halftime...

...man, it's just beautiful.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:55 PM
LOL.....this just isn't a good team. It's hard but we are going to have to come to terms we're in the same boat as the Browns and Raiders now.

Direckshun
09-12-2007, 11:56 PM
LOL.....this just isn't a good team. It's hard but we are going to have to come to terms we're in the same boat as the Browns and Raiders now.
I don't think it's going to be that ugly.

I think we'll be drafting in the mid-teens come 2008. This team is going to turn it around just enough to be mediocre.

Mecca
09-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't think it's going to be that ugly.

I think we'll be drafting in the mid-teens come 2008. This team is going to turn it around just enough to be mediocre.

Have you seen the schedule? Some of these teams we think we should beat are teams that will own us. Minnesota has a killer back and a great run D, good luck winning that one.

Direckshun
09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Have you seen the schedule? Some of these teams we think we should beat are teams that will own us. Minnesota has a killer back and a great run D, good luck winning that one.
I'm willing to bet you went through this same song and dance with Planeteers after an awfully convincing loss to the Bengals in 2006.

I believe the Chiefs have the talent for a rebound. I do not believe they have the talent to rebound very far, but this is a 7-8 win team.

Mecca
09-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Big difference in losing to Cincy and losing to Houston....

Direckshun
09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Well, we're walking out of it with some major advantages now that we didn't have in 2006.

Our starting QB didn't go down, our team's abilities greater reflect our coach's philosophy (no more of this Herm commandeering the vestiges of a Vermeil team), our entire coaching staff is no longer new.

I think it evens out. At the end of the day though, I just don't think this team is as good as it was last year -- it gained some ground on defense but lost way too much on O.

Mecca
09-13-2007, 12:07 AM
And the schedule is more difficult this year...

Direckshun
09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Not necessarily. This schedule is built for a slow start, an eventual turn around and late-year flameout.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 01:26 AM

While I agree with you on a few points.

We do have a tough schedule yes. And I expect this team to lose a lot of games.

But you honestly think the Chiefs are gonna lose to Minnesota? At home? Home opener?

Come on. We all expect the Chiefs to be bad, but picking them to lose against Minnesota at home you're seriously lowballing the Chiefs imo.

Have you seen the style of offense Minnesota runs? It's just as bad as ours, if not worse. Who do they have on offense that is a threat? I don't wanna hear Adrian Peterson, because of his 60 someodd touchdown last week, the guy is a rookie. Till he proves that he can play well in the NFL on a consistent basis then I'll say he is a threat.

Tavaris Jackson is a rookie. And rookie QB's don't play well at arrowhead for the first time. Plus, KC is awesome at home openers. If anything, this is a game we can win.

RedThat
09-13-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm sorry but the Bears offense isn't that much better than the Texans offense. Grossman is no better than Schaub, and might even be worse considering his propensity for bone-headed mistakes. The Chicago WR corps isn't terribly impressive, and no matter how people build-up Berrian, he's no Andre Johnson.

Benson's a good runner but he's not elite. He's about as solid as the Green/Dayne combo we saw in Houston.

The BIG difference between these two offenses is Chicago's monster OL. They're solid at T, they're solid in the interior. Greg Olsen's also a pretty scary TE, but our LBs are elite in coverage. OL is the huge advantage the Bears have.

But again, that's not where they're going to kill us.

They're going to kill us with their D. They're going to stack the line, focus 95% on LJ and limit him to sub 50 yards on 20-some carries. They're going to force Huard to pass and our OL won't be able to hold back the pass rush. We're looking at another 4-TO game, two fumbles two INTs maybe. And that's going to put their offense in prime position.

But their offense isn't what I fear. The Chiefs face two better offenses in their own division and typically handle them fairly well.

I seriously hope our defense can score a few times. Or even a touchdown on special teams will help? Is that a lot to ask for? Because I can't see our offense sniffing any points.

gta0012
09-13-2007, 06:29 AM
This is a game for the defense to reaaallly show what they've got.

The Red Sea
09-13-2007, 07:25 AM
LJ - 140 yrds - 1 TD

Offense total - 151 yrds.

So yes LJ will get over 50 yrds & Yes our Offense will total over 150 yrds.

Hows that for positive?

crazycoffey
09-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I admit, I honestly don't know.....
I thought Baltimore would kill our run game, and we took it too them, a few occasions, recently, when I thought SD Def would kill LJ, and he tore of 150.

I will not be sitting on my couch in disbelief if LJ get 30 yards, nor will I if he gets 200.

Iowanian
09-13-2007, 07:33 AM

I guess then you can turn the channel to a 2nd rate cable station and Jerk off to an oily tripple H match.

If the Chiefs want to give LJ a chance to run the ball.....they need to make the defense play honest early.....Heave it deep or PA on the first offensive play.

5 and 10 yd curl patterns aren't going to keep the safeties honest and give the Oline and LJ a chance at success.

Iowanian
09-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Have you seen the style of offense Minnesota runs? It's just as bad as ours, if not worse. Who do they have on offense that is a threat? I don't wanna hear Adrian Peterson, because of his 60 someodd touchdown last week, the guy is a rookie. Till he proves that he can play well in the NFL on a consistent basis then I'll say he is a threat.

Tavaris Jackson is a rookie. And rookie QB's don't play well at arrowhead for the first time. Plus, KC is awesome at home openers. If anything, this is a game we can win.

Tarvaris Jackson isn't a rookie, he's a 2nd year player, who started some games last year, and he's got a very strong arm.

Minn has 2 very solid RBs and a very nice Oline....

They're a pretty damn solid Defense as well. They're no pushover, even in Arrowhead.

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Tarvaris Jackson isn't a rookie, he's a 2nd year player, who started some games last year, and he's got a very strong arm.

Minn has 2 very solid RBs and a very nice Oline....

They're a pretty damn solid Defense as well. They're no pushover, even in Arrowhead.

And Chester Taylor has ripped us up before...

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
If the Chiefs want to give LJ a chance to run the ball.....they need to make the defense play honest early.....Heave it deep or PA on the first offensive play.

5 and 10 yd curl patterns aren't going to keep the safeties honest and give the Oline and LJ a chance at success.

Bingo.

They know what they have to do.

I'd be willing to bet they won't do it.

StcChief
09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Depends on if Solari has an O plan to run against their D.

That's what they pay him the big bucks ...

el borracho
09-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Again? Houston had a 3 minute TOP advantage. That isn't all day. Anyway, consider the fact that the Bears' O is crap, too, which is the only reason the game might be close. Neither team is going to score a lot of touchdowns (although the Bears will score more than us) so it will be a battle of field goals (again, the Bears will score more than us).

Bears-26
Chiefs-6

el borracho
09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
No kidding, bud. Back where those LBs rome is where Bowe eats.

Once he gets more situated and our offense starts clicking, Solari will call a more open offense that will involve blocking receivers to make their mark on the opposing team. One of Bowe's positives in the draft was that he has a history of "hunting down LBs," which just gives me a hard-on if he can translate it to the NFL.
Jesus. We are rooting for our WRs to really block-'em-up-good. Great offense we are running. Our team is pathetic.

GoHuge
09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
78 yards, put it on the board!

el borracho
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
By the way, 20 carries at 3 yards a pop = 60 yards so, "yes," LJ will get more than 50 yards.

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Depends on if Solari has an O plan to run against their D.

That's what they pay him the big bucks ...

All of Solari's plans have to be approved by Herm. Don't count on anything spectacular.

beach tribe
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Vikings =overrated

LJ 90yds rush. 40 rec.

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I'd say 90 yds. on 25 carries & not much receiving, every time he tries to slip into the flat or come through the line & set up...Chicago's LB's will be waiting for him.

We're likely to lose, but if the D can really cut loose we have a shot...Rexy makes as many dumb mistakes as any QB in football & Benson likes to put the ball on the ground. When they flub, we gotta be ready.

Win or lose, i'm absolutely positive we'll look a helluva lot better than last week.

Logical
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Vikings =overrated

LJ 90yds rush. 40 rec.You realize we are playing the Bears?ROFL

el borracho
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Win or lose, i'm absolutely positive we'll look a helluva lot better than last week.
Why would that be the case? This will be our second road game in a row and the Bears are a much better team than the Texans. Are you just operating on the theory that we couldn't look worse?

Logical
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Again? Houston had a 3 minute TOP advantage. That isn't all day. Anyway, consider the fact that the Bears' O is crap, too, which is the only reason the game might be close. Neither team is going to score a lot of touchdowns (although the Bears will score more than us) so it will be a battle of field goals (again, the Bears will score more than us).

Bears-26
Chiefs-6

I say Bears 27
Chiefs 3 (with two missed field goals).

Bowser
09-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I voted the first option. The street lingo pulled me in, and now I feel "hip".

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Are you just operating on the theory that we couldn't look worse?

Its partly that, but the other part is that i believe what Gonzo said about last week not being truly representative of this teams capabilities.

We're no longer loaded on O, but the cabinet is not bare...LJ, Bennett, Waters, Wiggy, MacIntosh looked like an upgrade, Gonzo, Dunn, Bowe looks to be making quick strides, Huard played much better than that last year...so i believe he can turn it around a 'lil bit.

htismaqe
09-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I say Bears 27
Chiefs 3 (with two missed field goals).

Sounds about right.

People will be screaming for them to cut Dave Rayner after this weekend...

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
He had 55.