PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Coalition Festivus supporting Chiefs player Boomer Grigsby

morphius
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Chiefs Coalition Festivus supporting Chiefs player Boomer Grigsby.

If you are interested in bidding for items in our internet auction please click on the link below.
Internet Auction (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=70523)

Festivus will be held on Saturday September 22nd. home opener weekend with the vikings in town.

The purpose of Festivus:
To bring together Chiefs fans from all over the nation in order to raise money to benefit a Chiefs’ player’s charity and celebrate being a Chiefs fan. It is our intention to bring together the members of all the Chiefs boards to meet face to face and really learn more about each other. You will find that you will make new friends and will want to attend every year to keep those friendships alive and well.

Chosen charity for 2007: The Boomer Grigsby Foundation: Boomer has a heart for children so all monies raised will go to support charities that will benefit children with disabilities and keeping children healthy. Boomer is the spokesperson for the Kansas City area YMCA’s and will be doing public service announcements that will be broadcast on radio and television.
The Boomer Grigsby Foundation creed (Foundation Statement): "All funds raised will be used to help kids tackle their dreams through healthy activities, services and opportunities."

Where will Festivus held? Festivus V will be held at the Lee’s Summit VFW Hall (329 Southeast Douglas Street).

Food for Festivus V: BBQ Ribs, Chicken etc. Jack Stack BBQ sides including cheesy corn.

Dress for Festivus: Casual. Wear your Chiefs gear!

Festivus/Tailgate package ticket price includes: The Festivus buffet, admission to the venue, admission to the activities during F5 (some activities may have additional fees that will go to Boomer’s charity). It will also include admission to the tailgate, food and beverages on Sunday morning. $30.00 per person

The Ryan Sims Package(Everything on the menu): 1 Admission to Festivus and all inclusive activities, 1 admission to the tailgate and all inclusive activities, and one game to ticket to the September 23rd game VS the Vikings. $82.00 per person

A few Festivus activity suggestions:[/size]
We will have a very short live auction – 10-item limit. Bids will be accepted by phone and by live bid.
We will have a silent auction as well. Many affordable items will be available during this time.
We will be selling raffle tickets for two one-of-a-kind Chief signature quilts! Always a hit.

Who can attend Festivus? Everyone! This is set up to be a family event so invite your friends, family and those who love the Chiefs. Children are always welcome. People from birth to those in their 80’s attend this activity every year. We’ve had opposing team fans attend both Festivus and the tailgate and loved it.

How do I pay for Festivus and game tickets? We accept credit cards via PayPal, You can send your PayPal payment to jetlord@prodigy.net (jetlord@prodigy.net) .
Checks can be made out and sent to the following address:
Chiefs Coalition
PO Box 7037, Lee's Summit, MO 64064-7037.

*NOTE: Game tickets will be sold first to those purchasing Festivus tickets. Leftover tickets will then be made available others.
*NOTE: Festivus and tailgate ticket prices are set to cover fees, etc. Move The Chains Foundation and the Chiefs Coalition receive no profit from the sale of any ticket. Game tickets are not sold at a profit

Any questions please feel free to pm BigRedChief

Phobia
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
That sounds like a heckuva deal. I don't know how they can make any money for charity by feeding people dinner at the VFW and tailgate on Sunday. Crazy. Is Jack Stack donating or what?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I thought Festivus was December 23rd.

Festivus in September :hmmm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Will Herm be around for the airing of grievances?

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Boomer blows! I'd rather kill an illiterate child than attend!

/Mecca

BigRedChief
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
That sounds like a heckuva deal. I don't know how they can make any money for charity by feeding people dinner at the VFW and tailgate on Sunday. Crazy. Is Jack Stack donating or what?We are getting the VFW for free and most of the meat for free. Jack Stack we have to pay the full rate. We are going to keep the overhead costs down this year.

Phobia
09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm happy to smoke up some beans for you guys. They're better than Jack Stack anyway. Just bring me the groceries and I'll fire it up.

BigRedChief
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm happy to smoke up some beans for you guys. They're better than Jack Stack anyway. Just bring me the groceries and I'll fire it up.
I'll ask. I'm not involved in the food part. But every $ not spent for the food costs is more $'s that can go to charity. I've had your beans. They are damn good.

Nzoner
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Canadian Chief,his crew and I will be stopping by the tailgate to say hey.

DomerNKC
09-12-2007, 10:53 PM
is boss gonna be there???

Jilly
09-13-2007, 07:49 AM
I thought Festivus was December 23rd.

Festivus in September :hmmm:

Festivus for the rest of us!!!!

Saulbadguy
09-13-2007, 07:53 AM
obsession

Skip Towne
09-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Who is boss?

BigRedChief
09-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Who is boss?
Owner/Admin of the Chiefs Coalition server/website.

burt
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
obsession

Dude, you're just not too bright, are you?

KcKing
09-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I signed up to place a bid on one of the balls (never thought I'd say that in this lifetime...) but I guess theres a anti-troll waiting period. Anyone know about how long that is so I can place my bid before 5? Or does anyone know an email addy I can send a bid to? Having said that, i'll return to the 'shaddup n00b' corner... Thanks to anyone that can help.

BigRedChief
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I signed up to place a bid on one of the balls (never thought I'd say that in this lifetime...) but I guess theres a anti-troll waiting period. Anyone know about how long that is so I can place my bid before 5? Or does anyone know an email addy I can send a bid to? Having said that, i'll return to the 'shaddup n00b' corner... Thanks to anyone that can help.
PM me your bid. I'll take care of it

KcKing
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank You Sir.

ENDelt260
09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Saul, did you wet your shorts?

BigRedChief
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey, this is a G rated thread.:p

BigRedChief
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Thank You Sir.Congratulations on winning the Deron Cherry football.

The internet part of the charity auction has closed and we raised $705.00 for Boomers charity.

This internet auction was a first this year. At last years auction the auction itself went way too long, too many items. This way the auction will be shorter and people can spend more time enjoying their cold beverages with friends. And we already got a good start on the fundraising. :clap:

BigRedChief
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
We have a donor willing to kick in $10.00 per Festivus ticket to the first 20 posters who buy a ticket.

So if you are one of the next 20 posters to buy a Festivus ticket you can get the $30.00 ticket for a measly $20.00 and remember its all for chaity.

morphius
09-13-2007, 11:56 PM
test?

Saulbadguy
09-14-2007, 06:16 AM
ROFL

I fear the internet toughguy.

BigRedChief
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Food for Festivus V: BBQ Ribs, Chicken etc. Jack Stack BBQ sides including cheesy corn.
Menu change: We have decided to accept Phil's offer to make the beans. He will have a pan of Spicy and for the wimps a pan of the Mild.

Some more money goes to the charity kitty and no drop off in quality.
Thanks Phil

sedated
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
what time does the festivus start?

bushmaster
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
what time does the festivus start?

6pm. runs til 10pm.

BigRedChief
09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
6pm. runs til 10pm.
But the bar remains open much later.

Phobia
09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Okay, OnTheWarpath, Phobia, and spouses are in. Hopefully we'll see more people come out and support the effort. I know for a fact the food is good.

burt
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM

go back to sleep...oh, and yes, I am sure he has wet panties....Domer is much more attractive than..... Speaking of attractive, you need to make more dance videos.

"what is love...."

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Is there a "tailgate" only option? :shrug:

If so, I have 2 adults and a couple of 11 yr old boys that would like to commisserate with fellow Chief's fans for an hour or so on Sunday morning.... :)

Phobia
09-17-2007, 09:47 AM

If so, I have 2 adults and a couple of 11 yr old boys that would like to commisserate with fellow Chief's fans for an hour or so on Sunday morning.... :)

Yeah, I think they put the donation bucket out Sunday.

BigRedChief
09-17-2007, 10:02 AM

If so, I have 2 adults and a couple of 11 yr old boys that would like to commisserate with fellow Chief's fans for an hour or so on Sunday morning.... :)Yes, there is. We were going to have a $10.00 charge for the tailgate, food and brewski but no one wanted to mess with keeping track of the coming and goings of the fans so we will go with a donation box.

We are going to go with the honor system. You are not eating the food or drinking the beer no problem. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, there is. We were going to have a $10.00 charge for the tailgate, food and brewski but no one wanted to mess with keeping track of the coming and goings of the fans so we will go with a donation box. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Awesome. Ten dollars per head, at the tailgate. :thumb:

At F5 in the Parking Lot??? :shrug:

Either way, you'll make money off us....the two eleven year olds won't be drinking. Heh. ;)

BigRedChief
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Awesome. Ten dollars per head, at the tailgate. :thumb:

At F5 in the Parking Lot??? :shrug:

Either way, you'll make money off us....the two eleven year olds won't be drinking. Heh. ;)
We are suppose to recieve the exact location from the Chiefs today or tommorrow. Usually its in the parking lot between Royals stadium and Arrowhead.

ROYC75
09-18-2007, 07:49 AM
ROYC75, my oldest son Gordon and his trash talking NYC Viking friend James ( he's a really cool guy and should supply some quality entertainment ) will be in attendance.

Redrum_69
09-18-2007, 08:34 AM
WOO HOO I"LL BE THERE

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 08:49 AM
WOO HOO I"LL BE THERE
Festivus? Tailgate? Both?

Phobia
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Festivus? Tailgate? Both?

None of the above.

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 09:22 AM
We are suppose to recieve the exact location from the Chiefs today or tommorrow. Usually its in the parking lot between Royals stadium and Arrowhead.
It will be in Parking lot D tent 8. Thats the big lot in front of the Pavillion. They set the tent's up on the grass at the front of the lots facing the stadium.

Nzoner
09-18-2007, 01:12 PM
What kind of beer will be served at the tailgate?

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
What kind of beer will be served at the tailgate?A keg of Bud Light/Coors Light that kind of flavor.

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Updated Menu:
140 lbs buffalo ribs
80 lbs chicken
40 lbs pulled pork
40 lbs beef brisket
Phils Beans (Spicy and Mild)
Jack Stack Cheesy Corn
Rolls
Desert

Nzoner
09-18-2007, 03:01 PM
A keg of Bud Light/Coors Light that kind of flavor.

Same thing at the St Joe Day tailgate,looks like I best stock my cooler on wheels.

Lastly what time does festivus tailgate start?St Joe one is at 9:30 and I'm trying to formulate a plan of parking in my old spot out back having to walk down behind Kaufman for St Joe Day and then over to D for festivus,then back to car to put away cooler and then to Arrowhead.

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Same thing at the St Joe Day tailgate,looks like I best stock my cooler on wheels.

Lastly what time does festivus tailgate start?St Joe one is at 9:30 and I'm trying to formulate a plan of parking in my old spot out back having to walk down behind Kaufman for St Joe Day and then over to D for festivus,then back to car to put away cooler and then to Arrowhead.
Soon as the gates open!

BigRedChief
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Directions to Festivus:

You should be on I-470 either coming from Johnson County from the West or from I-70 to the North.

You should exit on Douglas Street which is exit 9 and turn to the south or right if you're headed East and left if you're coming from I-70.

Go south appoximately 2 miles. When you pass the Main Fire Station on your left you've got another block to go.

Go past 3rd Street and the VFW Hall is on your left. 329 South Douglas.

If you get to the Dairy Queen you've gone too far.

Tailgate Location on Sunday. X marks the spot.

BigRedChief
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I was on the Boomer Grigsby show during the last 5 mintues of the show talking about Festivus.
You can download the recorded radio show as a pod cast here:
http://outofboundspodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=257838

luv
09-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Looks like I'm going to the game. I'll make sure to wander over to say hello!

l0rd0s3
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
I just found out I'll be headed down tonight. Are tickets available at the door?? If so, are they still $30??
Thanks!
Rose

BigRedChief
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
I just found out I'll be headed down tonight. Are tickets available at the door?? If so, are they still $30??
Thanks!
Rose
Festivus only tickets are $22. $30.00 for tailgate and Festivus.