Man have we fallen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?week=2&season=2007
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ArrowheadHawk
09-13-2007, 06:39 AM
polls only matter in college football

KCTitus
09-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Im suprised KC was that high...the writer of this realizes that KC lost by 17 and not by 3...how in the world could this have been the curse of Tynes? Unless Medlock missed 5 other FG attempts--that I somehow missed, Im missing the connection here.

NUMBER7
09-13-2007, 06:42 AM
polls only matter in college football

Still hurts...I hate to be ranked with the Raiders, Falcons and Browns.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Im suprised KC was that high...the writer of this realizes that KC lost by 17 and not by 3...how in the world could this have been the curse of Tynes? Unless Medlock missed 5 other FG attempts--that I somehow missed, Im missing the connection here.
I'm guessing he's talking about momentum. If Medlock makes that first field goal, then we don't come away from that drive totally demoralized. I dunno.

I agree with the ranking. Until we show differently, we are basement dwellers. I can't believe we are ranked worse than the Raiders though. Man, come on boys, get yer shit together!!

TEX
09-13-2007, 06:48 AM
The ranking is about right. But how did we slip so low with all our "upgrades"? Just couldn't be coaching? This team is without direction and is going down. :shake:

TEX
09-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm guessing he's talking about momentum. If Medlock makes that first field goal, then we don't come away from that drive totally demoralized. I dunno.

I agree with the ranking. Until we show differently, we are basement dwellers. I can't believe we are ranked worse than the Raiders though. Man, come on boys, get yer shit together!!

Right on the kicking theory. We're ranked below the Raiders cause they can at least score touchdowns. :shake:

NUMBER7
09-13-2007, 06:50 AM

If Herm is a real coach he should use this crap to motivate the team...the freakin' Raiders...give me a break.

HonestChieffan
09-13-2007, 06:53 AM
these guy just dont understand Herms strategy.

Skip Towne
09-13-2007, 06:55 AM
It didn't take Herm long to destroy this team.

TEX
09-13-2007, 07:03 AM
It didn't take Herm long to destroy this team.

What are you talking about? Destroy? It's all part of Herm's "vision."

Now watch the Snake-Oil-Salesman work. He'll bring Brodie in soon so he'll have an out when we sink to 4-12 this year. And he'll throw Solari under the bus in the aftermath and blame the whole thing on "youth" and a "first-time-OC whom he gave a 2nd chance," but it just didn't work out.

Extra Point
09-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Ever think that if Pisarcik never fumbled the exchange to Csonka, then Herm Edwards would never be coaching?

Gaz may have invented a time machine to go back to that Sunday, before the game, and tell Pisarcik NOT to hand off to Csonka on the last play. May have got caught in the Space-Time continuum. Until he gets back, best of luck and godspeed!

crazycoffey
09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
at least there's room for improvement.....

Chiefnj2
09-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Look at the comments for the bottom teams - Harrington getting sacked, Garcia getting knocked down ....

On offense you need a solid OL. That is where you build from.

El Jefe
09-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm not suprised, it was to the Texans. The worst part is they put us worse than the Faiders, OUCH.

Coogs
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Look at the comments for the bottom teams - Harrington getting sacked, Garcia getting knocked down ....

On offense you need a solid OL. That is where you build from.

Once we have Brohm as our QBOTF, then I agree! :D

CoMoChief
09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
What else did you expect? We can't even score a ****ing TD against the Texans.

We all saw this coming after the Indy game last season and people still wanted to say otherwise.

Mr. Plow
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I have a feeling the Raiders/Chiefs games this year are going to be pretty damn ugly.

Jas0n
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
It's alright. After we blow the Bears out of the water, our stock will raise in value considerably.

Ari Chi3fs
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
repost.

melbar
09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
The ranking is about right. But how did we slip so low with all our "upgrades"? Just couldn't be coaching? This team is without direction and is going down. :shake:

Down is a direction isnt it... :shake:

Lbedrock1
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
This goes to show you that the chiefs are hated by the national media, I just can't figure out why.

Rausch
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
It's alright. After we blow the Bears out of the water, our stock will raise in value considerably.

http://www.12steptreatmentcentres.com/Articles/crack.JPG

Easy 6
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
We could have cleaned up the Houston turf with Schaubs face & we would still be in the same spot.

These rankings dont mean shit, just some scribes opinion.

Ozark Ozzy
09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I can accept being in the low-to-mid twenties, but we can't be THAT bad. We were a playoff team last year. We didn't have that much turnover in the offseason to sink us that far.

Mr. Plow
09-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I can accept being in the low-to-mid twenties, but we can't be THAT bad. We were a playoff team last year. We didn't have that much turnover in the offseason to sink us that far.

Yes. Yes we can be that bad.

beach tribe
09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
There are many here who will try to convince you otherwise.

Don't let 'em get to you.

Fruit Ninja
09-13-2007, 01:52 PM

If a team is totally demoralized after the first drive of the game, then the problems run alot deeper then we all think.

FringeNC
09-13-2007, 01:53 PM

We were a playoff team that was about 18th best team in the league, according to the statistical power rankings. We were NOT good last year. And we are terrible this year because of the offense -- last year, the O still had a little residual in it from the high-flying years...this year, no Green (player/coach), Shea, but we do now have Dick ****in' Curl as QB coach.

By the way, based on Huard's performance, Dick Curl sucks.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2007, 02:13 PM

I agree with the ranking. Until we show differently, we are basement dwellers. I can't believe we are ranked worse than the Raiders though. Man, come on boys, get yer shit together!!Maybe, but it still doesn't explain Huard being COMPLETELY ineffective and dumping the ball off a dozen times...

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Huard needs to step up this weekend or face riding the pine. He may have only had a few starts, but this is an 11 YEAR VETERAN. The excuses won't work this weekend. Step-up.

carlos3652
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZpPf-q2_es"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZpPf-q2_es" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
What are you talking about? Destroy? It's all part of Herm's "vision."

Now watch the Snake-Oil-Salesman work. He'll bring Brodie in soon so he'll have an out when we sink to 4-12 this year. And he'll throw Solari under the bus in the aftermath and blame the whole thing on "youth" and a "first-time-OC whom he gave a 2nd chance," but it just didn't work out.
:rolleyes:

evolve27
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
repost, when Foakland is ahead of us, we seriously have problems everywhere.

Ugly Duck
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Still hurts...I hate to be ranked with the Raiders

You wish you could be ranked as high as the Raiders...

So how come Denver, who barely squeaked out a last second miracle one point win over the lowly Bills.... only dropped one spot?

Mr. Plow
09-13-2007, 05:43 PM

That hurt a little bit.

NUMBER7
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM

So how come Denver, who barely squeaked out a last second miracle one point win over the lowly Bills.... only dropped one spot?

I hope the Chiefs don't strive to be mediocre.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Only power rankings that matter is the one at the end that deterimes draft ranking.

chiefsfan1963
09-13-2007, 07:25 PM
We sux. And we won't get better until both CP, his entire front office, and Herm leave.

No matter how you slice it DV and AS had this team in a much better place than Herm will ever be able to get it.

Let's hope after the 2008 season the above will be gone.