PDA

View Full Version : Salsbury calls Chiefs a "bye week" for da Bears

melbar
09-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Dont know if you saw this on espns' "NFL Live". How far we have fallen. Thanks Herm. :banghead: Hope this goes up in the Chiefs locker room.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2007, 03:07 PM
haha, i hope the bears see it like that as well...salisbury had to be yelling when he said this!

BWillie
How can we really be that much worse than last year? How do we go from 9-7 with two OT losses to almost dead last in ESPN's POWER RANKINGS

Sure-Oz
How can we really be that much worse than last year? How do we go from 9-7 with two OT losses to almost dead last in ESPN's POWER RANKINGS
Probably cause we scored 3 points against the Texans.

evolve27
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM

We're quickly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and eventually be a rich mans Arena League.

greg63
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Dont know if you saw this on espns' "NFL Live". How far we have fallen. Thanks Herm. :banghead: Hope this goes up in the Chiefs locker room.

Link???

melbar
The only thing more impressive than the Chiefs improvement on D is the complete destruction of one of the Best Offenses in NFL history.

Woodrow Call
I love it.

HemiEd
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Herm Edwards. 1-16-32

melbar
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Link???

I was watching it live on ESPN. No link.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Bye week? I get it! LOLOLOLOL

BigChiefFan
09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow, a career back-up QB speculates who's going to win a game. Sound the alarms.

DMAC
09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Any other team would use this as motivation.

HonestChieffan
09-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Finally getting the recognition we deserve. Thanks Herm. Its Okay.

the Talking Can
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
what is interesting about the (quite legitimate) dissing of the Chiefs from the national media is how little respect they have for Herm as a coach, regardless of his recent playoff appearances...you never hear "Herm will have his team ready for a dogfight" or "The Chiefs will lose, but not without a fight"....no, they expect us to get destroyed in spite of - or is it because of? - Herm...

I wonder if this opinion of Herm is shared among active coaches and players? I suspect that it is...

FAX
09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
This isn't just okay. This grabs okay by the hair, hauls okay outside, ties okay to a tree, kicks okay in the groin and, while okay screams bloody murder, douses okay with Formula 44 and lights okay on friggin' fire.

FAX

evolve27
09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Really? So Chicago doesn't get a win or a loss from the contest? Is it a bye week for us as well or does the result count?

melbar
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey, we play to win....Just so long as we dont have to score any of those icky points... :rolleyes:

crazycoffey
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
4321 [herm]

StcChief
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Herm LEFT NYJ a premiere EAST COAST team. :rolleyes:
so he's DOG SH1t to media because everyone want to go
the COAST because it's so awesome there.

Why the media is there....you should want it too. :rolleyes:

MichaelH
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM

Herm left an EAST coast team that he had completely gutted and ran fast. The coach that followed him took a lesser team and went further than Edwards could even dream about. Herm took the Chiefs to an embarassing playoff loss only because he didn't manage to denut the entire offense. Herm needs to go and will soon be as hated as the general manager. If that's possible.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
This isn't just okay. This grabs okay by the hair, hauls okay outside, ties okay to a tree, kicks okay in the groin and, while okay screams bloody murder, douses okay with Formula 44 and lights okay on friggin' fire.

FAX

ROFL

okay Mr. Fax

ROFL

Fruit Ninja
09-13-2007, 03:42 PM
The only thing more impressive than the Chiefs improvement on D is the complete destruction of one of the Best Offenses in NFL history.
Thats what happens when you waste an offense and let them get old. This had nothing to do with Herm. It was DV. He didnt plan for the future. Then again, he didnt have too. It wasnt his problem.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Herm left an EAST coast team that he had completely gutted and ran fast. The coach that followed him took a lesser team and went further than Edwards could even dream about. Herm took the Chiefs to an embarassing playoff loss only because he didn't manage to denut the entire offense. Herm needs to go and will soon be as hated as the general manager. If that's possible.

Last time I checked Jets did the exact same thing the Chiefs did lost in the first round and its not like Herm never took the Jets to the playoffs.

El Jefe
09-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I like Salisbury about as much as I like a sharp stick to the eye.

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Sean Salisbury says it's a bye, I call it the road to the top 5 (in the 2008 draft)

headsnap
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM

and Herm uses it as affirmation... :shake:

KCCHIEFS27
09-13-2007, 04:10 PM

Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, Shields, Tait...Saunders as OC. Pretty good combo right there, I'd say.

I love how Herm gets all the blame. He worked more wonders last year than Hellen Keller to get this team into the playoffs. And now he's trying to do it again. This guy has never had anything better than a mediocre team thanks to his GM's.

Silock
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, Shields, Tait...Saunders as OC. Pretty good combo right there, I'd say.

I love how Herm gets all the blame. He worked more wonders last year than Hellen Keller to get this team into the playoffs. And now he's trying to do it again. This guy has never had anything better than a mediocre team thanks to his GM's.

Yup. I don't recall Herm cutting Roaf and Waters. Not sure why you included Tait in that list, but w/e. Your point still stands.

Silock
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Last time I checked Jets did the exact same thing the Chiefs did lost in the first round and its not like Herm never took the Jets to the playoffs.

Yup.

BigRock
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
bye week

HELLO WEEKEND

KCFalcon59
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM

FAX

Eloquently stated!

FAX
09-13-2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.influencemedia.com/citi/crocker.jpg

FAX

keg in kc
09-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Let's hope the Bears see it that way as well.

Micjones
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I hope the Bears think it's a bye week too.
They have everything to lose.
I had this marked as a Loss the day the NFL schedules were released.

Crashride
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
call the whaaaaaamulance

thehead
09-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Salsbury :rolleyes:

NFL_Fan
09-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Let's hope the Bears see it that way as well.

I am from Illinois and am a Bears fan. Thank you very much for letting me participate here. I am no troll, and I am only here for very respectful football talk and will behave myself as a guest. Nothing worse than someone going to a competitors board to jab people in the ribs.
I am enjoying the humorous and fun board you have here. I really like the open format of different topics and I wish our boards were as entertaining. Heck, we don't even get cheerleaders in Illinois!

Anyway, no one here in Illinois thinks this is a bye week I guarantee you. I know many of you are awfully hard on your team, some of it in jest I know ...we do the same thing, but we here have always had respect for the Chiefs as a tough team and we expect a great game.
Any game in the season can go either way no matter what the so-called experts say, and you all know it. And, our Bears are not exactly the most consistent team in the NFL right now. After all we have Wrecks Gross man as our leader and a very suspect running game as of right now. A couple turnovers capitalized on and you guys could beat us no problem especially if we can't score like last week. We have an awesome defense, but they can't do it all.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2007, 05:28 PM
In MY time of being a Chiefs fan, this is probably the lowest point. I still love my team, but yeah...we have Damon Huard and Herm Edwards on our team. Enough said.

Micjones
09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
This whining and bitching after one loss is sickening.

BCD
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
This whining and bitching after one loss is sickening.Its not the loss, its how they looked losing. That is what's sickening...

BCD
09-13-2007, 05:34 PM

FAXLMAO

Micjones
Its not the loss, its how they looked losing. That is what's sickening...

We made a shit ton of mistakes in that game.
It's not like we played mistake free football and lost by 17.

Anytime you play the way we did Sunday you're going to lose.

We lost pretty badly in last year's opener and managed a playoff berth when all was said and done.

This is premature bridge-jumping.

thehead
I am from Illinois and am a Bears fan. Thank you very much for letting me participate here. I am no troll, and I am only here for very respectful football talk and will behave myself as a guest. Nothing worse than someone going to a competitors board to jab people in the ribs.
I am enjoying the humorous and fun board you have here. I really like the open format of different topics and I wish our boards were as entertaining. Heck, we don't even get cheerleaders in Illinois!

Anyway, no one here in Illinois thinks this is a bye week I guarantee you. I know many of you are awfully hard on your team, some of it in jest I know ...we do the same thing, but we here have always had respect for the Chiefs as a tough team and we expect a great game.
Any game in the season can go either way no matter what the so-called experts say, and you all know it. And, our Bears are not exactly the most consistent team in the NFL right now. After all we have Wrecks Gross man as our leader and a very suspect running game as of right now. A couple turnovers capitalized on and you guys could beat us no problem especially if we can't score like last week. We have an awesome defense, but they can't do it all.

Great post!! Welcome to the planet

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2007, 05:36 PM

That's a fantastic first post. Thanks for jumping in, being respectful, and giving us some knowledge about your thoughts on your Bears. Hopefully you'll stick around and post on occassion even after game is long over. Welcome to Chiefsplanet.

wazu
09-13-2007, 06:05 PM

What an awful first post! GO AWAY YOU NOOB TROLL!

:cuss:

Bearcat
09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
It's not like we played mistake free football and lost by 17.

We lost pretty badly in last year's opener and managed a playoff berth when all was said and done.

This is premature bridge-jumping.

:spock:

I'd rather lose knowing the other team was just better than crap all over the field.

You don't find it concerning that not only did we not improve from last year, we took a step back? Our second year in the system with a QB that now has some experience in the system against a team who happened to have a QB and RB in the first year of their system as opposed to Carson Palmer and Rudi Johnson, and we lose by just as much.

It's not about one game to me... it's the possibility that we're actually worse overall than we were against the Colts in the playoffs last year, when we obviously should be better. To think that game wasn't rock bottom is sickening.

NaptownChief
09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Only took Squirm one season and two training camps to turn a 10-6 team into a freaking league joke.

FringeNC
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Only took Squirm one season and two training camps to turn a 10-6 team into a freaking league joke.

Yeah, the extent of the collapse is amazing. How can the number 1 offense in the league become a running joke in just a little over the year. It's simply amazing.

NaptownChief
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah, the extent of the collapse is amazing. How can the number 1 offense in the league become a running joke in just a little over the year. It's simply amazing.

Don't you remember...."You would have to be a fool to come in here and try to change that..."

Yet what did it take, something like one good game pounding the ball and he had no trouble saying the old way wasn't working...

Messier
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
What are you talking about? That team was old. No matter the coach the Chiefs would have to go through this. I wish we had been better prepared for the o-line changes but that lies at the feet of Peterson and Vermeil. Herm is making the D much better, and that's all he can do right now.

TN_Chief
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow, a career back-up QB speculates who's going to win a game.Seems fair, since we've got a career backup starting at QB.

KCinNY
09-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Welcome.

You do have an awesome defense in Chicago and they can do it all against our sorry ass Chiefs.

Given their anger at being 0-1 and having their home opener against an opponent with Sammie Parker and Dwayne Bowe lining up at wideout, I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago's defense scored 2 touchdowns Sunday.

TN_Chief
09-13-2007, 07:23 PM

We lost pretty badly in last year's opener and managed a playoff berth when all was said and done.You're absolutely right. We made an assload of mistakes last Sunday (and last year when hiring Herm, but I guess that's beside the point). The question is...why are these mistakes being made? From a physical and athletic standpoint we're at least the equal of the Texans, and probably 75% of the rest of the league. It seems that our coaching, game prep and playcalling is the difference...and those are all the responsibility of the coaching staff. Herm and the staff had 6 weeks to get the mistakes ironed out...it's called preseason. But last week we looked like we were playing on August 9, not September 9. That's a big freakin' problem, and it lays at the feet of the coaches.

The same can be said of the opener last year. And really, let's not get into the playoff scenario. There are quite a few of us who are convinced that we didn't win our way into the playoffs...other teams lost their way out. Yeah, yeah yeah...other teams didn't "take care of business". But they amounted to fluke losses on the last Sunday of the season. Our true nature was revealed in the playoff loss to Indy...we had no business being there.

Otter
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM

This is so ****ing stupid I don't know where to start.

1. The Jets are FARRRrrrrr from a premiere team
2. What about Miami? Atlanta? Jacksonville? Carolina? Are they high profile premier east coast teams? No. But you want to know what those teams have that the Chiefs don't?

THEY DIDN"T HUMILIATE THEMSELVES IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE LAST 14 ****ING YEARS.

The closest the Chiefs came to not humiliating themselves in the playoffs since '93 was against the Colts and the commisioner made fun of the Chiefs Defense on national television!!!

3. What about St. Louis and "The Greatest Show on Earth" and Chicago's vaunted defense??? Denver? Are they premier east coast teams? No. Are/were they "High Profile"? Yes!

Guess why!

Quit feeling sorry for yourself because the east/west coast excuse went out the door about 2 years after Direct TV came out with NFL ticket and the each game became national.

The Chiefs are a joke because of their bumbling predictability in the post-season and the approach to building a championship team.

Every team that used to suck went out and got themselves a franchise QB; Colts, Bengals, Browns (ok, they still suck but their going the right direction). 49ers, New England...see the pattern?

This team has never had balance. When their good on one side of the ball they suck on the other.

And the biggest reason their seen as fools, I'll say it again; humiliating themselves on national television in the playoffs when your supposed to step up, not be stepped on over and over and over and over.

Call a spade a spade already and quit with the lame excuses so just maybe the team can move on.

/end rant

KCCHIEFS27
09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by NaptownChief
Only took Squirm one season and two training camps to turn a 10-6 team into a freaking league joke.[QUOTE][QUOTE=FringeNC]Yeah, the extent of the collapse is amazing. How can the number 1 offense in the league become a running joke in just a little over the year. It's simply amazing.

HAHA..Herm took a 10-6 team and went 9-7 with a CAREER BACKUP QB and no offense line to the playoffs. Wow that's a huge dissapointment, huh? Sure we had the number one offense (going 8-8, 13-3, 7-9: what does that tell you about all offense?), but our defense was as equally bad as our offense is now. Now our defense is WAY better than our offense. It's simply amazing Herm can even produce this much for KC fans right now. Vermeil went 6-10 in his first season, then 8-8 in his second. Eeek! Let's think realistic for a second, Vermeil took the Chiefs to the playoffs ONE time in his stint here. And everybody seemed content with that, right? Because our offense razzled and dazzled the TV screens we were watching. Herm takes a below average team to the playoffs in his first year and now in his second, after ONE game, the guy is getting crap? Please, go jump on the Patriots bandwagon.

AZORChiefFan
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Fcuk Salisbury and his style of steak. Shit was just an excuse in HS to 'repackage' chicken fried steak covered in gravy! I am onto you HS cafeteria workers.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, the Bears have a good defense, but can Urlacher rap???

the Talking Can
09-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Salsbury was just freestyling...

Logical
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Really? So Chicago doesn't get a win or a loss from the contest? Is it a bye week for us as well or does the result count?What do you mean, the Chiefs are so bad they are going to lose their Bye week as well.

melbar
09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
What are you talking about? That team was old. No matter the coach the Chiefs would have to go through this. I wish we had been better prepared for the o-line changes but that lies at the feet of Peterson and Vermeil. Herm is making the D much better, and that's all he can do right now.

I think my main issue here is the change in philosophy, and the lackluster effort to maintain the O with talented linemen. Lets face it the line is where it all starts, not that Roaf and Shields are easily replaced, but did we even make a run at any top notch young linemen over the last 2 years? There were a couple out there as I recall. Calling 21 points a game a circus doesnt help. As I recall our circus Offense didnt turn the ball over, and sustained many long drives giving the D plenty rest.

melbar
09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
HAHA..Herm took a 10-6 team and went 9-7 with a CAREER BACKUP QB and no offense line to the playoffs. Wow that's a huge dissapointment, huh? Sure we had the number one offense (going 8-8, 13-3, 7-9: what does that tell you about all offense?), but our defense was as equally bad as our offense is now. Now our defense is WAY better than our offense. It's simply amazing Herm can even produce this much for KC fans right now. Vermeil went 6-10 in his first season, then 8-8 in his second. Eeek! Let's think realistic for a second, Vermeil took the Chiefs to the playoffs ONE time in his stint here. And everybody seemed content with that, right? Because our offense razzled and dazzled the TV screens we were watching. Herm takes a below average team to the playoffs in his first year and now in his second, after ONE game, the guy is getting crap? Please, go jump on the Patriots bandwagon.
Six in a row by my count.
I just saying look how sloppy we played with a vanilla O. Coaching. As I said above treating the O as if it was its fault we had those records is just plain wrong! We had those records, and lost in the playoffs because of the Defense not the Offense! Why change the one part of our team that did work? Now we're just as unballanced just flip flopped. Balance. Hey why not greatness in both?

Direckshun
09-14-2007, 01:59 AM

FAX
Holy shit that's hysterical.

Rep and a half.

ChiefJustice
09-14-2007, 02:02 AM
In MY time of being a Chiefs fan, this is probably the lowest point. I still love my team, but yeah...we have Damon Huard and Herm Edwards on our team. Enough said.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/449.jpg

"I'm ready to suit up and play!" :deevee:

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 06:35 AM
By sucking?

TEX
09-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Shoot, the 20-3 A$$ kicking by the Texans suggests that we were a "bye week" for them as well. We'll probably be that for every team in the league except Oakland. No worries, Herm has a plan. :shake:

TEX
09-14-2007, 06:45 AM
I think my main issue here is the change in philosophy, and the lackluster effort to maintain the O with talented linemen. Lets face it the line is where it all starts, not that Roaf and Shields are easily replaced, but did we even make a run at any top notch young linemen over the last 2 years? There were a couple out there as I recall. Calling 21 points a game a circus doesnt help. As I recall our circus Offense didnt turn the ball over, and sustained many long drives giving the D plenty rest.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TEX
09-14-2007, 06:49 AM
What do you mean, the Chiefs are so bad they are going to lose their Bye week as well.

:clap: ROFL

Messier
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM

There had to be a change in philosophy, the old one wasn't working and the personal that ran that offense was getting old and leaving. You're right we should have drafted o-linemen in the first or second round in the year or two before Edwards got here. I think Edwards had a priority to work on defense first, knowing that both offense and defense were changing. I do wish he would hire an offensive coordinate with a mind for innovative play calling, there's only so many times I want to watch a slant pattern.

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 08:01 AM
There had to be a change in philosophy, the old one wasn't working and the personal that ran that offense was getting old and leaving. You're right we should have drafted o-linemen in the first or second round in the year or two before Edwards got here. I think Edwards had a priority to work on defense first, knowing that both offense and defense were changing. I do wish he would hire an offensive coordinate with a mind for innovative play calling, there's only so many times I want to watch a slant pattern.

There certainly wasn't a bunch of good OL available this past offseason. We signed one of the best available, and he's not particularly good...

PGM
09-14-2007, 08:14 AM

ROFL the jets got smoked in the playoffs as well last year. i'm not a herm fan myself, but man this is getting ridiculous.

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Sean Salisbury says it's a bye, I call it the road to the top 5 (in the 2008 draft)
sh*t, a top five pick in the 2008 draft would make me more than happy with this season. rebuild, here we come!

Baby Lee
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Damn the aging process!! :cuss: :cuss:

Chief Faithful
09-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Salsberry did call this a Chicago "bye-week" with a laugh then said, "seriously this game could be a real beat-down game by the bears".

RustShack
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
All Salsbury knows is how to flash his wanger on the job.

FringeNC
09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Damn the aging process!! :cuss: :cuss:

And therein lies the rift...

The Herm-haters like me blame Herm.

The Herm-apologists blame it all on Roaf's retirement.

Baby Lee
09-14-2007, 10:02 AM

I don't know that I'm an apologist, but the first words out of my mouth when it sunk in that Roaf was really gone for good was '6-10.'

Watch how much the Rams suck this year with the loss of Pace to put my opinion to the test.

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 10:21 AM

This Herm hater blames Roaf's retirement, and simultaneiously blames Dick, Carl, and Herm all three for not adquately addressing the situation either proactively or reactively.

svuba
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
You're absolutely right. We made an assload of mistakes last Sunday (and last year when hiring Herm, but I guess that's beside the point). The question is...why are these mistakes being made? From a physical and athletic standpoint we're at least the equal of the Texans, and probably 75% of the rest of the league. It seems that our coaching, game prep and playcalling is the difference...and those are all the responsibility of the coaching staff. Herm and the staff had 6 weeks to get the mistakes ironed out...it's called preseason. But last week we looked like we were playing on August 9, not September 9. That's a big freakin' problem, and it lays at the feet of the coaches.

The same can be said of the opener last year. And really, let's not get into the playoff scenario. There are quite a few of us who are convinced that we didn't win our way into the playoffs...other teams lost their way out. Yeah, yeah yeah...other teams didn't "take care of business". But they amounted to fluke losses on the last Sunday of the season. Our true nature was revealed in the playoff loss to Indy...we had no business being there.

Excellent Post :clap: :clap: :clap:

TEX
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
This Herm hater blames Roaf's retirement, and simultaneiously blames Dick, Carl, and Herm all three for not adquately addressing the situation either proactively or reactively.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm really curious how long the Chiefs will have to suck before some of the people around here start accepting it.

They're not just a bad team, they're a bad organization. From the top down. At this point the only solace is "at least they aren't the Raiders".

FAX
09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm really curious how long the Chiefs will have to suck before some of the people around here start accepting it.

They're not just a bad team, they're a bad organization. From the top down. At this point the only solace is "at least they aren't the Raiders".

We have more than that to be proud of, Mr. Simplex3.

It's possible we're better than the Browns, too.

FAX

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Damn.
I'm broke.
My feet hurt.
(Inside the mind of a car jacker)
And that bitch is slippin.
Damn.

kaplin42
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
This is so ****ing stupid I don't know where to start.

1. The Jets are FARRRrrrrr from a premiere team
2. What about Miami? Atlanta? Jacksonville? Carolina? Are they high profile premier east coast teams? No. But you want to know what those teams have that the Chiefs don't?

THEY DIDN"T HUMILIATE THEMSELVES IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE LAST 14 ****ING YEARS.

The closest the Chiefs came to not humiliating themselves in the playoffs since '93 was against the Colts and the commisioner made fun of the Chiefs Defense on national television!!!

3. What about St. Louis and "The Greatest Show on Earth" and Chicago's vaunted defense??? Denver? Are they premier east coast teams? No. Are/were they "High Profile"? Yes!

Guess why!

Quit feeling sorry for yourself because the east/west coast excuse went out the door about 2 years after Direct TV came out with NFL ticket and the each game became national.

The Chiefs are a joke because of their bumbling predictability in the post-season and the approach to building a championship team.

Every team that used to suck went out and got themselves a franchise QB; Colts, Bengals, Browns (ok, they still suck but their going the right direction). 49ers, New England...see the pattern?

This team has never had balance. When their good on one side of the ball they suck on the other.

And the biggest reason their seen as fools, I'll say it again; humiliating themselves on national television in the playoffs when your supposed to step up, not be stepped on over and over and over and over.

Call a spade a spade already and quit with the lame excuses so just maybe the team can move on.

/end rant

Chief Hater!!! :cuss:

Seriously though, this post is exactly it. While other teams strive to get better, the Chiefs just trade sides they get better on. I also believe it has a lot to do with the coaches. Why does the D still not wrap and tackle, why are they consistantly out of place, why do members of the opposing offenses still have personal record setting days against the Chiefs.

I personally would not complain about an entire rebuilding process. Bye Carl and the FO staff, Bye Herm and ALL of the coaches. Get all new faces and put the team into a serious 5 year plan of getting younger and head to the big show.

Even if you don't agree with it, it can't be worse that what we are seeing now, and for the majority of the last two decades.

Calcountry
09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I like Salisbury about as much as I like a sharp stick to the eye.Salisbury steak defended Belichick. :rolleyes:

jynni
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
We have more than that to be proud of, Mr. Simplex3.

It's possible we're better than the Browns, too.

FAX
And maybe the Falcons...

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 11:36 AM
How long do you guys think they will keep Huard as QB1? When will Herm hand the ranks over to Croyle?

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
How long do you guys think they will keep Huard as QB1? When will Herm hand the ranks over to Croyle?

He MIGHT hand the reigns over to Croyle at the point where we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

But he also strikes me as the kind of coach that would play Huard in order to win some meaningless games, too.

FAX
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
It might play out differently, Mr. htismaqe.

Downfield could easily take himself out of the Bears game in the 2nd quarter mumbling something about savage toucans from outer space eating his spinal cord.

FAX

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 12:31 PM
He MIGHT hand the reigns over to Croyle at the point where we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

But he also strikes me as the kind of coach that would play Huard in order to win some meaningless games, too.

well thats a terrible way to handle it. If Huard is tits up awful through week 8 then they have to give the kid a chance to right the ship, no?

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
well thats a terrible way to handle it. If Huard is tits up awful through week 8 then they have to give the kid a chance to right the ship, no?

I'm not sure Herm knows any other way to handle things other then "terrible".

Lonewolf Ed
09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Probably cause we scored 3 points against the Texans.

Ding ding ding! :clap:

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 12:40 PM

as has been said by others, I assume Huard will play as long as we are within sight of .500....

1-4...Croyle (maybe)
2-4...Huard
3-4...Huard
etc

DJJasonp
09-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Some random thoughts...

If players continue to not wrap up on tackles, be out of position, not contain on bootlegs, etc. etc....that has to either be a case of piss-poor talent evaluation.....or it's a case of not properly coaching players or preparing them to make plays.....In either case, people in the Chiefs organization should have been fired for this a LONG, LONG time ago.....and responsiblity for all this starts, and ends, with the GM.

But as I've stated before in another thread....as long as the Chiefs organization is allowed to be ran like a good 'ol boy network where people are given high-ranking positions within the organizations based upon friendly relationships and acquaintances rather than upon merit....we will continue to be mired in mediocrity.

crazycoffey
09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Ha, Belichick on NFL live today....

first Press conference after the punishments, and all BB can say is "we're looking forward to the chargers" Kinda cheap, I gotta say. Give the media a few moments to fry you, you earned it, then tomorrow say you aren't answering any questions about anymore.

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 02:09 PM
On that subject DJJ...one of the things that really pissed me off recently was Herm's little tirade after the Saints preseaon game (game 3). The whole "this is on me, I didn't have you prepared" bit.

OK...then WTF does this guy still have a job for? That's acceptable to Carl/Clark? That the coach just didn't have the team prepared...that's OK? Because it pretty much looked like he didn't have them prepared last week either, or for the first game last season. Herm is a shit coach that does a half-assed job. If you want a rah-rah figurehead, then Herm may be your guy. But if you need someone that can actually do the work (or do something besides run on the treadmill for the HBO/NFLN cameras), you'd better look elsewhere.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
On that subject DJJ...one of the things that really pissed me off recently was Herm's little tirade after the Saints preseaon game (game 3). The whole "this is on me, I didn't have you prepared" bit.

OK...then WTF does this guy still have a job for? That's acceptable to Carl/Clark? That the coach just didn't have the team prepared...that's OK? Because it pretty much looked like he didn't have them prepared last week either, or for the first game last season. Herm is a shit coach that does a half-assed job. If you want a rah-rah figurehead, then Herm may be your guy. But if you need someone that can actually do the work (or do something besides run on the treadmill for the HBO/NFLN cameras), you'd better look elsewhere.

Didn't that New Orleans QB get cut because he admitted he wasn't prepared to come in and lead the team when the starter got hurt?

TEX
09-14-2007, 02:26 PM

AWESOME! :clap:

ping2000
09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
If we win, the news will be "how far the Bears have fallen from last year", not "Hey, maybe the Chiefs aren't that bad". Just the way it is.

TN_Chief
09-14-2007, 02:35 PM
If we win, the news will be "how far the Bears have fallen from last year", not "Hey, maybe the Chiefs aren't that bad". Just the way it is.I really don't think you need to worry about this situation presenting itself.

Simplex3
09-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I really don't think you need to worry about this situation presenting itself.
If we have to worry about that then I'm scared as hell about the invisible, 900 mile wide asteroid that is going to collide with Earth next week.

Logical
09-14-2007, 08:26 PM

But he also strikes me as the kind of coach that would play Huard in order to win some meaningless games, too.Won't that be a pisser.

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Won't that be a pisser.That would seriously piss me off.

And I'm an admitted homer.

go bowe
09-14-2007, 09:04 PM
pith, pith, pith...

nttawwt

Delano
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
ORLY salisbury?