PDA

View Full Version : brown nose people I hate them

Gracie Dean
05-24-2001, 01:16 PM
:mad:

Yes, I am leaving and going home to the great state of Kansas, but I just had to rant...

There is a teacher that brown noses her way into what ever she wants.

This year she took my world history class--of which she still has not gotten to the reformation and there is a week left of school.
She got it because she whined that she could not handle the discipline of the 8th graders.

NOW I find that she has asked for and received my 10th graders.

I was Sponsor of the class that lost the student right before school started. We were going to put up a tree to remember him by and she changed that by her whining ways.

I can't stand brown nosers AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGg

I feel better now.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2001, 01:23 PM
I`m in complete agreement with you, Pam. I work with someone who does this very thing. He sux-up to the owner. Puts his arm around him - pretty sad site.

Clint in Wichita
05-24-2001, 02:27 PM
What's even worse is when some good-looking woman smiles and giggles her way into what she wants at work.

DeepSouth
05-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Clint, that all depends on whether you're the one she's smiling and giggling at. Some men are succeptable to those things. Not me of course.

ChiTown
05-24-2001, 02:43 PM
I'm a total sucker for a wink and a smile from some cutie.

ChiTown
~Has his weak points, but enjoys this one way too much

DeepSouth
05-24-2001, 03:03 PM
When I was in highschool, I briefly dated a girl that worked in the office in the afternoon. She let is know that all the other female teachers hated our Art Teacher. She was young and attractive. She also wore mini skirts. All the male teachers and students loved her.

Zebedee DuBois
05-24-2001, 03:43 PM
It seems...

We don't mind when some one is kissing our butts.
We don't think it is bad when we "have a great relationship" with our boss.
We're irritated when someone else is "in" better with our boss than we are.

Gracie Dean
05-24-2001, 09:30 PM
I am not jealous of her she weighs 200 and I weigh 125. I am just frustrated with they way she plays people.

By the way, I am the one the kids adore. I have had most of them beg me to stay!!!!!

I get angry when people don't do what they are supposed to do and still others think they walk on water.

kcfanintitanhell
05-24-2001, 09:54 PM
Pam-Do you ever notice how some people just seem to slide along in life, total underachievers, and always seem to get ahead of the people that work their asses off? I just shrug it off as karma-and think that maybe that person had a horrible time in a previous life. It would definitely make a case for reincarnation.

bigdaddychieffan
05-24-2001, 10:25 PM
Sometimes brown-nosing can be a good thing. Although as a general rule I am against it.

Bigdaddychieffan

Have been known to brown-nose in certain situations.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2001, 06:35 AM
It may take some work on your part, but beat her at her own game.... Become the "puppet master", use her actions and make them work against her. Do your best to let the higher authorities know this person sucks at her job, and then once it's brought to light, pull the right strings and get her eliminated. It works, if you're slick.

It's all about the game and how you play it!

Oxford
05-25-2001, 07:29 AM
Congratulations on emigrating from AR!!! Pam, there are just some people who realize that they can't cut it so the only way they can survive is to have a "brown ring around the collar". To have the gift of teaching children is a truly wonderful thing (a talent I could never have). Problem is, with the teacher shortage, low pay, etc they would not dare fire her. And then there is the litigation possibility........... where in KS??????

Lightning Rod
05-25-2001, 09:43 AM
Bad brown-nose work is not all that good either.
Had a young gal come up and try get me to buy her a drink last weekend. She said I was really handsome "for an older guy"

They just don't teach kids how to suck-up like the did in the old days.

ChiTown
05-25-2001, 09:49 AM
RCG

I can still remember the first time some 21 yr old office hottie came up to me and call me "Sir". Bout' dropped my jaw, but my ego hit the ground first to soften it's blow. That's a line of sucking up that I can do without.

ChiTown
~getting old sucks!

Lightning Rod
05-25-2001, 09:55 AM
She was 22 and I bought her the drink LOL

Iowanian
05-25-2001, 10:26 AM
I don't think "brown-noser" is the PC term today...

I'm pretty sure "nasal-rectally available" is the prefered term :)

~bored and had to share.

HC_Chief
05-25-2001, 10:31 AM
lol!

alanm
05-25-2001, 11:06 AM
Try the Serenity Prayer, Pam it works for me. ;)

King_Chief_Fan
05-25-2001, 11:07 AM
Oh come on now... If the woman is 200 lbs. I doubt she is a hottie, so therefore it is not her womanly ways getting her ahead.
Maybe she has a better personality, maybe she is a better teacher. Sometimes, people who get left behind, like to blame it on the brown noser. Learn to play the game...
I don't like Whiners.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2001, 11:24 AM
Sounds like an interesting situation. That is why BIG DADDY works for himself now. What I have found in the past is that someone like that usually is in good with just one person at the top and everyone else goes along with it because they don't want to rock the boat. If you have that feeling chance are others have the same. If it bothers you that much then you will have to find out who that one person is and undermine the relationship. Of course this can backfire. Good luck.

On another note, there was one teacher I had in high school that was totally HOT. Her name was Miss Tweety. She was a blonde bombshell with a rack to die for. That woman had everyone wrapped around her finger, but to the best of my knowledge, never took advantage of that. They could have never fired her as the entire male student body would have rioted.

BIG DADDY

Can still picture Miss Tweety like it was yesterday.

TheFly
05-25-2001, 03:06 PM
Tell her off Pam! What have you got to lose?! Remember, she's gonna be stuck in the $hit hole while you move into better circumstances!

:p

Iowanian
05-25-2001, 03:21 PM
Pam,

I think you should slip some xlax into her twinkies...

a good case of the "Juicy Poops" would keep her on her toes for a day..

;)

58Forever
05-25-2001, 03:25 PM
I hate 'em too...excuse me, my boss just stopped real quick and my head got stuck in her butt....:D

seclark
05-25-2001, 03:32 PM
put a thumbtack in her chair, pam!!! that always pi$$ed my teachers off.
sec

DeepSouth
05-25-2001, 03:53 PM
I'm still thinking her favor must be sexually motivated. If she's not attractive, she must be able to suck-start a harley????

Gracie Dean
05-25-2001, 07:12 PM
King Chief Fan,

Nice try at being PC or devils advocate, but you have the situation wrong!!!!!

My classes Rock while the kids talk about the "kindergarten work" they do in hers.

NO, I just hate people that do not do their jobs yet benefit.

Just a rant.

Wichita Kansas is the place I'm gonna be!!!!!
So they loaded up the truck and they moved to wichitittycity

cjderby
05-27-2001, 10:55 AM
Chances are you won't be rid of the brown-noser. There's almost certain to be another one at your new job, there's one in every crowd. And if that one leaves, someone else is sure to fill the void. I've got them at my work, too, everybody does, it's unavoidable. You better learn to not let it bother you too much, or you'll go crazy!

P.S. Don't know what it's like living in Arkansas, but I do know that the Ozarks is beautiful country. I've lived in the Wichita area for 10 yrs, and if Doo Dah is a big improvement over your old situation, man, that must have really sucked! :eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
05-27-2001, 10:42 PM
I admit, I'm a little bit of a brown noser. But not a big one. Every has to admit...you ladies and gents have, at some time, brown nosed a little. I do it to get a little edge, sometimes. But one thing I will not every be... is a cut-throat person. I hate the people that will do anything, absolutly anything, to get ahead, and if that means hurting people, they still do it. I'm not like that. I'm an on and off brown noser, but I don't do it constantly. So I guess I'd have to agree with Pam, on a certain extent. I hate FULL TIME brown nosers.