PDA

View Full Version : NFL To Fine Belichick, Pats

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Coach To Pay $500,000

BOSTON -- WCVB has learned the NFL will punish the New England Patriots and the team's coach, Bill Belichick, after the team got caught taping signals during the Jets game, sources confirmed Thursday.

SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch reported that a decision will be announced Friday, but WCVB sources have said the NFL will fine Belichick $500,000. The fine has to be paid by Belichick himself and cannot be paid by the team's owner, Robert Kraft.

In addition to the fine, the Patriots must forfeit two high draft choices. They could be as high as a first- and a third-round draft choice, sources said.

A letter will be faxed to Belichick telling him of the NFL's decision, and he will not be required to appear in person at the NFL headquarters in New York City.

The controversy started when a Patriots cameraman was caught videotaping a New York Jets coach's signals during last weekend's season-opening game.

In a news conference Wednesday, Belichick issued a terse written statement before his regular weekly team news conference saying, "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league's decision, I will have further comment."

Belichick indicated he may have misinterpreted the National Football League's rules regarding recording games.

"Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner (Roger) Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday's game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling," Belichick said.

The Patriots were accused of spying during Sunday's game against the New York Jets by Jets coach Eric Mangini. NFL security officials confiscated a video camera from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the sideline Sunday.

link (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/14109617/detail.html)

Fairplay
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Breaking news

cdcox
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
re p OOOOOO ssttt

But as a Jets fan, I understand your uncontrollable excitement.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Ralph Friedgen is fat.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I thought that breaking news thread was about Slag's baby?

Damnit Nut! :cuss:

Spott
09-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Ralph Friedgen is fat.

Not compared to Mark Mangino.

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but does Mark Mangino get an under armour commercial?

Extra Point
09-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd want that fine, if I were Kraft. No 1st rd pick means saving a sh!tload on the payroll. See? All things are meant to happen for good reason, kids!!

pikesome
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, but does Mark Mangino get an under armour commercial?

This post conjures images far worse than that Bears fan's picture spam.

Ari Chi3fs
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Belicheat indicated he may have misinterpreted the National Football League's rules regarding recording games.

pikesome
09-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Belicheat indicated he may have misinterpreted the National Football League's rules regarding recording games.

I thought he meant he misinterpreted the letter that Goodell sent each team saying "don't do this, yes, that means you New England" last year.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
re p OOOOOO ssttt

But as a Jets fan, I understand your uncontrollable excitement.

Yeah the Jetriots have more hate than the NFL combined for BB.

Big mistake for Mangini though, just waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit for the second game with the Pats. And remember....this is the type of atmosphere the Pats thrive on...when the chips are down and their abilities are question...well that's when they play best. This is the best of their teams in 7 years despite this.

Oh and the gratuitous must not be left out: Mangini is still a hypocrite because he got his HC position off the Pats success so if it's not real...then what does that make him?

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah the Jetriots have more hate than the NFL combined for BB.

Big mistake for Mangini though, just waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit for the second game with the Pats. And remember....this is the type of atmosphere the Pats thrive on...when the chips are down and their abilities are question...well that's when they play best. This is the best of their teams in 7 years despite this.

Oh and the gratuitous must not be left out: Mangini is still a hypocrite because he got his HC position off the Pats success so if it's not real...then what does that make him?
It must be that time of the month, heh?

ROFL

Tell everybody what you really think about Mangini, don't hold anything back now.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I never thought anything about him until I saw how much hate came from the Jetriots....a subsidiary of the Patriots.

And no it's not that time of the month.

DaFace
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM

I don't think anyone is questioning their abilities. They're questioning whether they cheat to gain an unfair advantage.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I never thought anything about him until I saw how much hate came from the Jetriots....a subsidiary of the Patriots.

And no it's not that time of the month.
You're just giving the typical condescending pompous ass attitude that almost all Patriots fans give.

OOOHH, it's Mangini's fault we got caught cheating. :eek:

Give it a rest, you're making a fool out of yourself.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
No I'm not. I think what BB did sucks and was stupid like I said before I was very disappointed. But Mangini is not Mr. Clean is all I'm saying. Pats got their karma...and so did Mangini. You not only lost the game, without Pats ever getting to use it to cheat but you also lost Pennington which is what contributed to your losing that game.

Cheers! You've stirred a hornet's nest....this will just make the Pats more motivated.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
No I'm not. I think what BB did sucks and was stupid like I said before I was very disappointed. But Mangini is not Mr. Clean is all I'm saying. Pats got their karma...and so did Mangini. You not only lost the game, without Pats ever getting to use it to cheat but you also lost Pennington which is what contributed to your losing that game.

Cheers! You've stirred a hornet's nest....this will just make the Pats more motivated.
Why did they need to cheat though?

They are obviously more talented, nobody is saying they're not.

Give it a rest with the motivation crap, this is obviously a distraction.

But you keep being the delusional part time Pats fan that you are!

Cheers!

BucEyedPea
09-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm just making lemonade out of lemons Bill....nothing more.
I said earlier they didn't need to.

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Damn that has to burn Kraft's asshole