PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for Chiefs/Royal's Fans...

Buck
09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
You have to be both in order for this question to be for you...

When Bo Jackson was on the Royals and the Raiders, how did you feel about him?

Did you like him all the time even though he was on the Raiders?

Did you like him when he was on the Royals but dislike him when he was on the Raiders?

Or did you not like him at all even though he was on the Royals?

Just was wondering...

Sorry if repost, search function won't allow me to search w/ the word "Bo."

ChiefJustice
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
He was such a bad-ass as a Royal that it didn't matter that he was a Raider.

The dude broke bats over his knee....how cool(or sad) is that!!

Redcoats58
09-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I used to hate the fact that he played for the raiders when he was a royal. He was a great runningback but an ok baseball player at least I thought so, woulda been to good to be true for him to be a Chief and a Royal. I wouldnt say I hated him but didnt care for him as a royal. I hate the whole Raiders organization, it was just a shame he played for them.
The guy always seemed to swing at everything always trying to hit a homer.

Woodrow Call
09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Honestly I was too young to know anything about rivalries so my 3 favorite teams were the Chiefs, Raiders, and Bengals. Once Bo's injury happened I became a fan of only the Chiefs and even though I followed Bo closely with the White Sox and Angles I had become to big of a Royals fan to cheer for any other team.

Without question Bo is the reason I'm a sports fan today.

BigRock
09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I didn't like him when he played against the Chiefs, but even then I'd be in awe of him. When he wasn't playing KC, I liked anything he did. I had a football/baseball poster of him even though it had a Raiders logo.

TinyEvel
09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Wait, was he the guy in the Nike Commercials? He played sports?

evolve27
09-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I'd rather talk about Dwayne Bowe.

Direckshun
09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Wait, was he the guy in the Nike Commercials? He played sports?
Someone "knew," Bo was involved, so far that's all we know.

Buck
09-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Hmm...

I dont know what I'd feel like if I was in that situation, I'd probably favor whatever was in the best interest of the Chargers over the Padres.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2007, 12:52 AM
I was too young at that time to remember clearly but I think he was belted with little mini footballs at a Royals game after he was signed by the Raiders.

kcfanXIII
09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Someone "knew," Bo was involved, so far that's all we know.

bo don't know diddly

and for the record, i was too young to know about rivalries. i remember he was a badass baseball player, watching him go spiderman on the centerfield wall never gets old. too bad the faiders had to screw it all up and get him hurt. last i saw him he was pimpin his line of energy bars on best damn sports show.

huskerdooz
09-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Bo was an incredible athlete and whether it be baseball or football, did some truly amazing things on the playing field. As a baseball and especially as a Royals fan, I would have liked to see how good he could have been if he would have concentrated completely on baseball.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Football was just a "Hhhooobbyy" to Bo Jackson

Planetman
09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Bo knows early retirement.

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
bo knows hip out of joint and avascular necrosis!

thurman merman
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
when i was a kid i only liked baseball, so i loved bo jackson cause i loved the royals. i always wonder what i would have thought about him if i had liked football at the time. good question.

Baby Lee
09-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Loved him as a Royal. Hated that he WAS a Raider, but enjoyed watching him play.

Fish
09-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Football was just a "Hhhooobbyy" to Bo Jackson

That was my justification as well... His real love was Royals baseball........

And due to Tecmo Bowl, it was pretty hard to have any ill will toward such an amazing athlete...

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Loved him Monday through Saturday... hated him Sunday's... but not enough to want to see him get hurt.

crazycoffey
09-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I was a Royal and a Raider fan at the time....

now I'm a cards and chiefs fan.
I'm messed up, I know.

Molitoth
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Bo was a badass mofo.

Chief Chief
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I liked him all of the time except when he was playing against the Chiefs.

Chief Faithful
09-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Loved him as a Royal and hated him as a Raider, DUH!

Seriously, I saw him make plays in the outfield I have not seen a player make since. He was a freak of nature.

HemiEd
09-14-2007, 10:19 AM
That is an excellent question.
We were pretty spoiled with our Royals back then.

I remember how upset I was when he signed with the Raiders. He dropped from a 10 to a 2 in my fandom scale.

I was concerned about him getting hurt, he was a big part of the Royal's future.

I wanted him gone, traded, or something to just make him stop being a ****ing Raider.
During the baseball season he was sure fun to watch though.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Seriously, the Chiefs were so bad in those days, it honestly did not matter much. Just as the Chiefs started to get really good, he got injured. late 1990

Spott
09-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I remember going to a bunch of games that 1st year that he signed with LA. Every time he came to bat he was booed and he booed while he was in the outfield. It took the fans about a full baseball season to forgive him. The next year the fans forgave him for the most part and cheered him like they would any other player.

Demonpenz
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
What an athlete. No one would really try what he did today too much risk. I remeber a story that he won't every state title in track and he would sit out the last couple events because he scored so many points he didn't even need to race the last event. At baseball skills he wasn't very good. He took bad routes didn't call off players. I remember one game he played right field and a blooper was hit to him could you imagine the fright in frank white as he was going out and MR all american was trucking in? He was one of the first baseball players to be ripped as hell too. I don't remember many baseball players working out their legs much, when he came out he had huge thighs and caves.

AZORChiefFan
09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Left field GA had to get there early back in the BoJack days. I remember one game I think against the Brewers Bo came out and made this big pile of sunflower seeds on the turf. The other LF went to his position and saw the seeds and promptly kicked them consequently got boo'd. The next inning Bo saw what he did and pointed like "did he do this?" the crowd cheered and Bo just nodded.

To answer your question I didn't like him so much on the Raiders. But did like what he did to Bosworth on that MNF game. Leveled that punk ass bitch.

Ari Chi3fs
09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I didn't like him when he played against the Chiefs, but even then I'd be in awe of him. When he wasn't playing KC, I liked anything he did. I had a football/baseball poster of him even though it had a Raiders logo.

Yeah that is how i felt. I was in awe of Bo. Plus, I was young then, and I thought Bo kicked ass regardless... except when playing against KC.

If he had played for KC Chiefs, he wouldnt have had to worry about getting injured in the Playoffs.