PDA

View Full Version : Belichick FIRED!!

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
No he wasn't, and you're a fool to think he would've been if you believed it. :D BUT if he had been, and if YOU were the guy to make the decision, would you hire him? Would all of you on your high horses taint your team?

Note: public poll to follow

Ari Chi3fs
09-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Its the Patriotantic. That ship is going down. Scott Pioli... we love you, come to KC.

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
I sure sould hire that mad man :thumb:

Bill Parcells
09-14-2007, 07:24 AM
No

I know it's difficult not being able to pump your chest out and beat it, but he's about to have his skirt lifted up this season.

BigRedChief
09-14-2007, 07:25 AM
In a heartbeat. Getting signals from an opposing team is as old as any game ever played.

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 07:26 AM
In a heartbeat. Getting signals from an opposing team is as old as any game ever played.

correct, he didn't morally do anything "wrong" he just went about it the wrong way.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 07:27 AM
No

I know it's difficult not being able to pump your chest out and beat it, but he's about to have his skirt lifted up this season.

In what way? Please be specific. Think the Pats will miss the playoffs? 8-8 season? 6-10.

Let us know so I can circle back with you on this in, say, 4 months. :-)

I'll call it now -- Jets 7-9 this year. Tougher schedule shows that Jets were a bit overrated last year. Also, first time Penny played in 16 games -- which already ain't gonna happen this year. Unfortunately, he's a good QB, but he's also a China Doll.

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 07:29 AM
correct, he didn't morally do anything "wrong" he just went about it the wrong way.LMAO

Good lord. :shake:

Bill Parcells
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM
In what way? Please be specific. Think the Pats will miss the playoffs? 8-8 season? 6-10.

Let us know so I can circle back with you on this in, say, 4 months. :-)

I'll call it now -- Jets 7-9 this year. Tougher schedule shows that Jets were a bit overrated last year. Also, first time Penny played in 16 games -- which already ain't gonna happen this year. Unfortunately, he's a good QB, but he's also a China Doll.
Dude, you don't know and neither do I.

I think it's hilarious how defensive you get when I'm just busting your balls.

Lighten up and take the abuse like a man! LMAO

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 07:32 AM
LMAO

Good lord. :shake:

:p

BigRedChief
09-14-2007, 07:33 AM
correct, he didn't morally do anything "wrong" he just went about it the wrong way.
I manage a little league baseball team. I have new players join the team every season. When we play their old team they always tell me the signals and what they like to do. Am I suppose to ignore this information????? Well I do because they know this also and change their signals. So its useless information. I've figured this out coaching little leaguers if they are using the same signals every game then they deserve to get their signals stolen.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Dude, you don't know and neither do I.

I think it's hilarious how defensive you get when I'm just busting your balls.

Lighten up and take the abuse like a man! LMAO

C'mon now. Not willing to put your online rep where your mouth is?

If you say BB's skirts gonna get lifted, you know I have to challenge it.

Enjoy this week -- it's the closest you'll get to a "good feeling" about anything involving the Patriots this year. You might get into a 1st place tie this weekend, but after that -- sayonara.

And wait for that second game in Gillette. Last year's slopfest won't be repeated, and you boys better bring your A+++ game or it's going to be a slaughter.

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
I manage a little league baseball team. I have new players join the team every season. When we play their old team they always tell me the signals and what they like to do. Am I suppose to ignore this information????? Well I do because they know this also and change their signals. So its useless information. I've figured this out coaching little leaguers if they are using the same signals every game then they deserve to get their signals stolen.

Exactly, if you are being beaten because you are dumb enough not to switch things up you are just dumb enough to deserve to lose

Simply Red
09-14-2007, 07:40 AM
It's a borderline call.

But I'm afraid I'm going to have to call for NUTHOOKS on this one.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
It's a borderline call.

But I'm afraid I'm going to have to call for NUTHOOKS on this one.

I'm flattered. I don't think anyone has ever called for Nuthooks on any prior post of mine. I feel like a real member of the Planet now!!

Simply Red
09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm flattered. I don't think anyone has ever called for Nuthooks on any prior post of mine. I feel like a real member of the Planet now!!
:)

Simply Red
09-14-2007, 07:49 AM
And on somebody I like nonetheless!

:banghead:

Direckshun
09-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Nuthooks.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 07:57 AM
What can I say? It's a bad week for the Patriots. First round draft pick lost, hundreds of thousands of fines, and I get nuthooks for the first time.

I trying to share my team's pain...

pikesome
09-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I know that, especially with the way the Chiefs are right now, a lot of people would take the chance. I wouldn't. There has to be ways to win without resorting to these kind of tricks and the combined past history of BB makes him someone I wouldn't want running my team. Winning is not the only thing. I'm not sure I'd look down on a team that did too much though unless it was the Raiders who have their own reputation too.

htismaqe
09-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I'd take Scott Pioli.

BucEyedPea
09-14-2007, 08:07 AM
As a staunch fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I had to vote:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

:D

pikesome
09-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I'd take Scott Pioli.

In a freaking heartbeat. He might think I was a crazed stalker with the phone calls.

ChiTown
09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Not only yes, but fuk yes, I'd take him and his cheating ass.

the Talking Can
09-14-2007, 08:18 AM
No he wasn't, and you're a fool to think he would've been if you believed it. :D BUT if he had been, and if YOU were the guy to make the decision, would you hire him? Would all of you on your high horses taint your team?

Note: public poll to follow

you'd think Pats fans would have thicker skins after winning several titles....you'd be wrong...

Deberg_1990
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Id love for the Pats to fire him. and Clark to Hire him!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
In a heart beat

StcChief
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
yes but the "hoddie" look has to go.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 08:32 AM
you'd think Pats fans would have thicker skins after winning several titles....you'd be wrong...

You think it doesn't "hurt" to have people questioning whether the SB wins were "legit".

I mean, it means nothing ot me personally, and I think its bogus. But it still sucks.

HemiEd
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Great thread idea! I know my answer won't be very popular, but I don't care.

Even though I have great disdain for our current HC, I would pass on BB.

Who is he?

Is he the genious that coached the Patriots to three SB victories, or is he the guy that had one winning season out of five Cleveland?

Quite honestly, the recent developments make me question his successes, all of them.

Sully
09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I accidentally clicked "no." But hell yes, I'd hire him in a second.

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Quite honestly, the recent developments make me question his successes, all of them.As they should. That's the price of cheating.

FAX
09-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I'd rather be ain'ted than tainted.

FAX

Fish
09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Great thread idea! I know my answer won't be very popular, but I don't care.

Even though I have great disdain for our current HC, I would pass on BB.

Who is he?

Is he the genious that coached the Patriots to three SB victories, or is he the guy that had one winning season out of five Cleveland?

Quite honestly, the recent developments make me question his successes, all of them.

I agree. I hate a cheater. The last thing I would want would be to finally get deep in the playoffs, only to have others talk about the team's success with an asterisk beside it. I think he's a better coach than Herm, but I'd much rather earn it the right way.

DaFace
09-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Crap - I misread the question and answered incorrectly.

I would definitely hire Belichick. I'm one of those that believes that most teams do this in one form or another, and that the Pats were just the first ones to get caught. It wouldn't be that hard to have someone in the stands doing this same thing, and it would be virtually undetectable.

Bill Parcells
09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
C'mon now. Not willing to put your online rep where your mouth is?

If you say BB's skirts gonna get lifted, you know I have to challenge it.

Enjoy this week -- it's the closest you'll get to a "good feeling" about anything involving the Patriots this year. You might get into a 1st place tie this weekend, but after that -- sayonara.

And wait for that second game in Gillette. Last year's slopfest won't be repeated, and you boys better bring your A+++ game or it's going to be a slaughter.
Now, how much balls does it take to constantly come on here and puff your chest out and beat it? over and over and over again?

This whole mess is making your butt hurt, and you don't like it. deal with it.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Patriots may win the superbowl this year.

As for the Jets, they'll be in the playoffs again as a wild card.

That game in December I will be at, let me know where you're tailgating. I'll be hanging out with Pats fans too.

Or do you not go to the games? :p

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Now, how much balls does it take to constantly come on here and puff your chest out and beat it? over and over and over again?

This whole mess is making your butt hurt, and you don't like it. deal with it.

I have no idea where this is coming from. I don't work for the Pats, and while I share their joys and sorrows, it's to a fairly limited extent really, just like any other armchair fan.

Am I personally embarassed by this? No, why would I be?

Am I personally affected by this in any meaningful way? No, why would I be.

Am I upset that my favorite team has made itself look stupid, and embarassed itself, of course I am. But I'm not losing sleep over it or anything.

As for the Jets, they'll be in the playoffs again as a wild card.

Maybe, but I doubt it. It's possible.

That game in December I will be at, let me know where you're tailgating. I'll be hanging out with Pats fans too.

Or do you not go to the games? :p

Don't go. Not worth my time/trouble, really. I went to lots of football games as a kid -- mostly college, but some Pats games when you could walk up and buy a ticket the morning of a game. It's fun, but also a colossal pain in the ass and absurdly expensive.

I have a large HDTV that works fine for me, and keeps me from getting divorced cuz I take all of Sunday off to go see the game leaving my wife with 2 little kids. :)

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Crap - I misread the question and answered incorrectly.

I would definitely hire Belichick. I'm one of those that believes that most teams do this in one form or another, and that the Pats were just the first ones to get caught. It wouldn't be that hard to have someone in the stands doing this same thing, and it would be virtually undetectable.

This is the second correction. Currently, it's 24:11 in favor of hiring him.

Dave Lane
09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Where is the yes yes yes yes yes yes option?

Also where is the we will give you Herm and our 1st round draft pick to come here option?

Dave

HemiEd
09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree. I hate a cheater. The last thing I would want would be to finally get deep in the playoffs, only to have others talk about the team's success with an asterisk beside it. I think he's a better coach than Herm, but I'd much rather earn it the right way.

Yep, I suspect those people rationalizing that everyone is doing it, may change there mind with more information.

I have a very strong feeling the commisioner knows what is going on, compared to what everyone else is doing.

If the Patriots were doing the same thing everyone else is doing, "THE NFL DARLINGS" would not have gotten such a strong punishment. The easiest thing for the commisioner would have been to say no big deal and move on.
I honestly feel they took technology of cheating to a very high level. We have very few details, but audio and video combined, raises some real issues with me.
Opposing teams signs would be obsolete in the second halves of games.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Belichek, press conference, A FEW GOOD MEN STYLE\

Reporter: Bill, what's going on with these allegations of cheating?

Bill: You want answers?

Reporter: I think I'm entitled.

Bill: You want answers?

Reporter: I want the truth.

Bill: You can't handle the truth.

Bill: Son, I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for us stealing signals, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That stealing defensive signals, while tragic, probably wins games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like playaction, audible, blitz. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent winning games. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of a winning football team that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and take the field.Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Reporter: Did you order the stealing of signals?

Bill: I did the job I...

Reporter: [shouting] Did you order the stealing of signals?

Bill: [shouts] You're goddamn right I did!

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Yep, I suspect those people rationalizing that everyone is doing it, may change there mind with more information.

I have a very strong feeling the commisioner knows what is going on, compared to what everyone else is doing.

If the Patriots were doing the same thing everyone else is doing, "THE NFL DARLINGS" would not have gotten such a strong punishment. The easiest thing for the commisioner would have been to say no big deal and move on.
I honestly feel they took technology of cheating to a very high level. We have very few details, but audio and video combined, raises some real issues with me.
Opposing teams signs would be obsolete in the second halves of games.

err...there is perception, and there is reality.

The Commish needs to deal with both, and right now this is national news. Pats as big cheaters. Violation of rule. Memo sent about THIS very thing.

Whether 10 other teams also do it is irrelevant at this point. He has to whack the Patriots, and send hte message to the other teams.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I would take Mickey Friggen Mouse over Herm but that being said hell yea I would take BB

Predarat
09-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Hell yes id hire him!

Duck Dog
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Hell yes. No question about it.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
i hope the NE media doesn't just give up on this... BB acts like a little kid who got his hand stuck in the candy jar .. won't say anything .. keeps his head down.. that's BS. I hope this distracts the team and leads to some losses this year.

The commish shoulda forced them to wear the uniforms with the old design then Randy Moss would have a hissy fit and implode the team.

cadmonkey
09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
i hope the NE media doesn't just give up on this... BB acts like a little kid who got his hand stuck in the candy jar .. won't say anything .. keeps his head down.. that's BS. I hope this distracts the team and leads to some losses this year.

The commish shoulda forced them to wear the uniforms with the old design then Randy Moss would have a hissy fit and implode the team.

first, the new england media don't really like BB. he is very closed lipped with them and they f*cking hate it, so when something like this happens they will kill him. which they are. All the papers are bashing him.

and second, the old Pats uniforms are one of the best uniforms to ever grace the NFL, and Moss would be proud to wear it. it was a better uniform than the Flying Elvis we have now

Skip Towne
09-14-2007, 12:49 PM
When this story first broke there was mention of audio irregularities as well as the videotaping. Are those being investigated?

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
When this story first broke there was mention of audio irregularities as well as the videotaping. Are those being investigated?

No idea, but that part worries me more than the video thing did.

There have been several HCs that have reported their audio cutting out on them while playing the Pats. If BB caused that, then in all honesty a lifetime ban from the NFL would not be an inappropriate penalty. So far, however, all I've seen is a couple of random quotes and a mention of "irregularities" without ANY detail at all.

So I have no idea.

Amnorix
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM

Ah, you may have meant the Defensive Linemen wearing audio tapes or something. I haven't heard boo on that.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
first, the new england media don't really like BB. he is very closed lipped with them and they f*cking hate it, so when something like this happens they will kill him. which they are. All the papers are bashing him.

and second, the old Pats uniforms are one of the best uniforms to ever grace the NFL, and Moss would be proud to wear it. it was a better uniform than the Flying Elvis we have now

well hopefully they keep up the badgering all season. I want to see him have a breakdown in week 15 and start crying and stuff... never happen but it's on my new list of top 5 things i'd like to see this season haha..

I like the new design way better than the old ... it looks streamlined and modern... the old one was kinda bland and reminds me of far less superior pats teams, but i can't argue with you about which is better because it's just a matter of opinion! plus, if you were a fan of the pats before the change then of course you're going to like the old ones better! It was more of a diss to Moss than the actual design.

KC Tattoo
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I would hire BB and tell him "What ever you do, don't cheat" ;) ;)

Mecca
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
If you wouldn't hire him, that speaks volumes about you.

Amnorix
09-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Beginning slightly after the 10 minute mark of the following interview, Vic Carrucci is asked "of all the players, coaches that you talk to, what percentage think this [videogate] is much ado about nothing?"

His answer: "All of them. All of them. They're laughing....look, they're enjoying this moment. Having the chance to chuckle at Bill Belichick and the big, bad Patriots."

This will be my final word on this fiasco.

http://www.weei.com/pages/268228.php

Amnorix
09-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh, and "final" vote is 51-17.

Amnorix
09-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry, not my last word apparently, as I'm sitll listening to the clip.

At the 14'ish minute mark, other NFL personnel found the loss of a draft pick as sending a chill down their spines.

Also -- everyone will continue to do everything they can to lift signals, etc.

Logical
09-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I will give the Patriots Herm Edwards, Gunther Cunningham, Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez in a straight up swap for Bill Belichick.

ClevelandBronco
09-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I voted no...