PDA

View Full Version : If u bought an Iphone before the price cut. .

percysnow
09-14-2007, 10:31 AM
here is the link to get ur $100 apple store credit. . steve jobs is the man

http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit/

Lzen
09-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Store credit? ROFL How about a refund?

percysnow
09-14-2007, 10:34 AM
who needs a refund?. . $100 store credit is more than generous and the phone is great why would I want a refund. .

StcChief
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
why get one...oh wait must have latest gaget

Cochise
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
u r omg so funE lolz

percysnow
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
why get one...oh wait must have latest gaget

if i like gadgets why does it bother u so much. . cause u cant afford them? or cause ur to stupid to figure out how to work them?

percysnow
09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
you know what I hate Billybob. . them blacks, them gays, and them fellas with there crazy gadgets and moving pictures. . .

http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/9/9/14/f_redneckoverm_a9e4821.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/9/14/f_redneckoverm_a9e4821.jpg&srv=img36)

Ebolapox
09-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Lookin' for a girl - I ran into a guy
His name is M.C.A., I said, "Howdy" - he said, "Hi"

Planetman
09-14-2007, 10:58 AM
if i like gadgets why does it bother u so much. . cause u cant afford them? or cause ur to stupid to figure out how to work them?
I thionk more people are bothered by the fact that you are too f*cking lazy to type in proper English.

I'm just saying, ...

StcChief
09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
It's your money. enjoy your toy and store credit.

dtebbe
09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Lookin' for a girl - I ran into a guy
His name is M.C.A., I said, "Howdy" - he said, "Hi"

He told a little story - that sounded well rehearsed
Four days on the run and that he's dying of thirst
The brew was in my hand - and he was on my tip
His voice was hoarse, his throat was dry - he asked me for a sip
He said, "Can I get some?"
I said, "You can't get none!"
Had a chance to run
He pulled out his shotgun
He was quick on the draw - I thought I'd be dead
He put the gun to my head and this is what he said,

percysnow
It's your money. enjoy your toy and store credit.

exactly. .

Ebolapox
"Now my name is M.C.A. - I've got a license to kill
I think you know what time it is - it's time to get ill
Now what do we have here - an outlaw and his beer
I run this land, you understand - I make myself clear."
We stepped into the wind - he had a gun, I had a grin
You think this story's over but it's ready to begin

Mr. Plow
09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGnCE4cOJP0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGnCE4cOJP0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

StcChief
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
exactly. .
Technology needs guys like you.. earlier adaptors at higher prices to drive the price down. Glad your out on the bleeding edge for front everyone one else :thumb:

percysnow
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Technology needs guys like you.. earlier adaptors at higher prices to drive the price down. Glad your out on the bleeding edge for front everyone one else :thumb:

actually the reason they dropped rthe price is because they didnt sell as quickly as they thought they would. .

Armyofme
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
actually the reason they dropped rthe price is because they didnt sell as quickly as they thought they would. .

Not true.

They hoped to sell 1 million by the end of September... and they did.

StcChief
09-14-2007, 01:55 PM
AND that they are now "hacked" to allow the UI to work on other phones. they might be afraid of the blowback from that as well.

HonestChieffan
09-14-2007, 02:00 PM
and the buyers still think its a good deal...get shafted on a gizmo at full price then they get a100 credit that costs apple about 35 cents, half wont get used so apples out 17 cents.

suckers

Donger
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Not true.

They hoped to sell 1 million by the end of September... and they did.

Wow, you really are an Apple homer...

HonestChieffan
09-14-2007, 02:03 PM
he was Jobbed

Armyofme
09-14-2007, 02:18 PM
and the buyers still think its a good deal...get shafted on a gizmo at full price then they get a100 credit that costs apple about 35 cents, half wont get used so apples out 17 cents.

suckers

Whatever.

The cell phone industry works like this, just because it's Apple you equate it to an iPod... purely a "gizmo" not attached to anything else (ie. cellular contract with subsidies)... because of this relation, Apple suposedly "shafted" early adopters. It happens all the time in this industry.

Apple didn't have to do a thing. Do you think Motorola would do that? Sony? Hell no. Who cares what it costs Apple? -- and I hope you were being sarcastic when you stated 35 cents -- It's $100 towards my next purchase at Apple I didn't have before. When I bought my iPhone I was confortable with the cost. I knew the price would drop and/or the features would grow in the future. This soon? No. Did that sting a little? Sure. Is $100 credit enough to make that sting go away? Absolutely.

Armyofme
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM

I could be considered an Apple homer, sure, but I by no means think Apple does everything right.

percysnow
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Whatever.

The cell phone industry works like this, just because it's Apple you equate it to an iPod... purely a "gizmo" not attached to anything else (ie. cellular contract with subsidies)... because of this relation, Apple suposedly "shafted" early adopters. It happens all the time in this industry.

Apple didn't have to do a thing. Do you think Motorola would do that? Sony? Hell no. Who cares what it costs Apple? -- and I hope you were being sarcastic when you stated 35 cents -- It's $100 towards my next purchase at Apple I didn't have before. When I bought my iPhone I was confortable with the cost. I knew the price would drop and/or the features would grow in the future. This soon? No. Did that sting a little? Sure. Is $100 credit enough to make that sting go away? Absolutely.

exactly^^^^

Ebolapox
09-15-2007, 09:20 AM
a hundred dollar credit on a product that's most likely marked up by $150 over what it's really worth (what it costs to make), and apple only gets their fifty dollar profit--yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow

:spock:

percysnow
09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
i heard the phones cost $247 each to make . .and to me its not really about what apple gets . .they made a great product. . the marketed correctly. . so they get paid and i have a great phone. .capitalism at its finest. . what they eat dont make me shit. . I got a phone i was happy with at the price I paid and them lowering the price has nothing to do withg me. . them giving me $100 store credit is great. . i love the apple store. . Did Xbox or Sony playstation give anything back to the original buyers when they dropped their price over $100 . .NO

BWillie
09-15-2007, 10:15 AM
You can run the apple software on the new phone the 6800..or the MOGUL. It is offered by Sprint, and you can run the same software and actually have a real keyboard. I don't know how functional it is, but it sure sounds cool. I think all the fuss was over the innovative new software, which is pretty cool. I just hate the IPHONES keyboard so bad, that I would never get one.

percysnow
09-15-2007, 10:18 AM
You can run the apple software on the new phone the 6800..or the MOGUL. It is offered by Sprint, and you can run the same software and actually have a real keyboard. I don't know how functional it is, but it sure sounds cool. I think all the fuss was over the innovative new software, which is pretty cool. I just hate the IPHONES keyboard so bad, that I would never get one.

i hear ya. .i actually didnt like it at first but got used to it. .and i actually like it better, but its def not for everybody and if u text alot then its prob not the phone for u. . .im sure in the next year or two there will be a million different variations on this technology. . .

evolve27
09-15-2007, 10:27 AM
i hear ya. .i actually didnt like it at first but got used to it. .and i actually like it better, but its def not for everybody and if u text alot then its prob not the phone for u. . .im sure in the next year or two there will be a million different variations on this technology. . .

Yeah, next gen will be the one I definately get my hands on.

Cochise
09-15-2007, 10:29 AM
ifon... so l33+... u r @ll jus j3lous... omglmfao

seclark
09-15-2007, 11:25 AM
no link, but i heard iphones kill twice as many bees than other wireless phones.

StcChief
09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
no link, but i heard iphones kill twice as many bees than other wireless phones.
ROFL recall 'em all

The Bad Guy
09-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Percy,

My fiance wants an IPhone bad for her birthday. I'm going to get her one. What case would you recommend and does the IPhone have high-speed?

percysnow
09-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Percy,

My fiance wants an IPhone bad for her birthday. I'm going to get her one. What case would you recommend and does the IPhone have high-speed?

i actually dont use a case. . the phone is really durable. . check out this stress test pcworld gave it. . .

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-page,1-bid,0/video.html

and the internet is extremely fast if ur in a good wifi zone. . if not it is a medium speed ..

percysnow
09-15-2007, 11:57 AM
my firend uses this case and he likes it .. it doesnt really restrict any uses. . but i think case is a preference thing

http://store.everythingiphone.com/content/accessories/4-20--2762.htm

The Bad Guy
09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the help.

She has a big ass purse and the phone will likely be scratched if she doesn't get a case.

Is Apple the only retailor you can get an Iphone from?

irishjayhawk
09-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Not true. What he said was actually true. They cut the price because that's the price they wanted to sell it at from the beginning. Simple supply and demand. Supply was unknown at launch but demand was sky high. Price is premium. Two months later, supply is up, demand is mediocre and holiday seasons are approaching (though still far out). Lower the price. 1 million iPhones in ~74 days.

i heard the phones cost $247 each to make . .and to me its not really about what apple gets . .they made a great product. . the marketed correctly. . so they get paid and i have a great phone. .capitalism at its finest. . what they eat dont make me shit. . I got a phone i was happy with at the price I paid and them lowering the price has nothing to do withg me. . them giving me $100 store credit is great. . i love the apple store. . Did Xbox or Sony playstation give anything back to the original buyers when they dropped their price over $100 . .NO

Not to split hairs, but the $247 number from iSuppli is stupid. For the operating system they said it was $7. $7 for the R&D, coding, innovation etc for the Operating system that basically runs the phone was a mere $7....